PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help Adding account to Android phone

Khedrac
2022-02-20, 04:06 PM
I am trying to re-set-up AkrutoSync software to get my PC and mobile phone to sync contacts and calendar between them.

The PC is running Microsoft Outlook 2019.
The phone is a Nokia x100.
I am trying to use the AkrutoSync software to sync the calendar and contacts, but after needed to reset the connection (following an ISP upgade) I cannot add a new account to the phone.

I have to juggle about 7 or 8 email addresses from different providers, and while I have to keep the email separate, they frequently come in on the wrong account so need transfering between inboxes for processing before being filed.
For this I use Microsoft Outlook 2019 on my PC.
When I set up my PC I purachsed a single licence for AkrutoSync - software I set up for my Father years ago for the same purpose - and with help from support got it running happily syncing bewteen phone and PC.
Back in January I changed ISP and looks like they sync stopped working then - the phone claimed the contacts last synced in Februay, but the PC's logs said January.
I contated AkrutoSync who's support staff talked me through the need to re-configure the link on the phone and set up a new connection.
The automatic link option failed so I switch to IP address which also failed until they told me how to confiure the phone's IP settings so that they would work and I have reached the point where I can go to the phone, tell it to add a new account, input the username and password and it doesn't complain about failing.

What it doesn't do is add anything to the list of accounts on the phone. The add account process just "completes" to no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions?