PDA

View Full Version : Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

TheFallenOne
2022-05-15, 01:15 PM
Despair is a Fear effect, so with mind-affecting immunity I'm good.

Being a madman does have its perks.

Maneuver rolls [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

QuadraticGish
2022-05-15, 04:27 PM
Buying that immunity to paralysis is already paying off I see.

Thundercracker
2022-05-16, 10:48 AM
knowledge religion for mummy weaknesses: [roll0]

Aegis013
2022-05-16, 07:23 PM
Despair is a Fear effect, so with mind-affecting immunity I'm good.

Being a madman does have its perks.

Looking at my Monster Manual it doesn't seem to have the [Fear] or [Mind-Affecting] tags, though the descriptive text says "paralyzed with fear". I do see the SRD entry links fear to the fear effects page. I'd guess it was intended as a [Fear] effect, so that's fine.

Buying that immunity to paralysis is already paying off I see.

Did you need to roll for the fireball scroll? UMD and/or damage? Actually scratch that, might as well save the scroll since Alistair's Turn Undead and Solstafir's attacks ended the encounter anyway.

knowledge religion for mummy weaknesses: [roll0]

Mummies are weak to fire so that fireball scroll would probably have done a number on them. Your Turn Check also affected three of them, so most of their forces would be running away from you for a full minute. Fortunately for you, the fastest way to get as far away from the group as possible is going to be to jump into the bottomless pit in the center of the room, so they're effectively destroyed.

QuadraticGish
2022-05-16, 08:00 PM
Did you need to roll for the fireball scroll? UMD and/or damage? Actually scratch that, might as well save the scroll since Alistair's Turn Undead and Solstafir's attacks ended the encounter anyway.
Yeah, they were in the OOC spoiler. I think UMD auto fails on a 1 anyway, so I'd be rolling that regardless.

Mummies are weak to fire so that fireball scroll would probably have done a number on them. Your Turn Check also affected three of them, so most of their forces would be running away from you for a full minute. Fortunately for you, the fastest way to get as far away from the group as possible is going to be to jump into the bottomless pit in the center of the room, so they're effectively destroyed.
Nothing like fall damage: Yes.

dantiesilva
2022-05-17, 11:28 PM
I'll post soon, just working a lot as of late so haven't been able to give as much as I normally do post wise.

dantiesilva
2022-05-21, 10:16 PM
If that didn't kill the owlbears I should be able to next round with little chance of them harming me due to high AC plus their -4 to hits against me giving you all a free chance to take on the naga while I fight the enemy my character is allowed to fight lol

whoiam
2022-05-22, 05:31 AM
Can we get a confirmation on whether that did kill them or not? If one of them is large enough to block the other from getting through the door, Liselle can't move past them, either.

dantiesilva
2022-05-22, 07:50 AM
If that didn't kill them a breath weapon should finish the job. I may be shy a few hp

Aegis013
2022-05-22, 01:26 PM
They survived with 1 HP each. It should be pretty easy for the group to clean this up.

QuadraticGish
2022-05-23, 12:21 AM
Considering it looks like we're dealing with nagas, I wonder if Orchid's status as a scaled one will come into play now since she counts as one due to her replacement tail graft.

Yas392
2022-05-23, 02:34 AM
I forgot that Levi has detect magic. I would like to add it to the list of automatic things he will do in his scouting in the future.

TheFallenOne
2022-05-23, 04:08 PM
So with the way clear, how far away are we from the Naga?

If it wouldn't put me prone I'd be tempted to go for a Fastball Special with my zombie using the throw maneuver on Solstafir...

Thundercracker
2022-05-23, 05:00 PM
Knowledge on the Naga to id weaknesses, special attacks, etc: [roll0]
Edit: +5/+5 hit/damage

Aegis013
2022-05-25, 07:33 PM
Considering it looks like we're dealing with nagas, I wonder if Orchid's status as a scaled one will come into play now since she counts as one due to her replacement tail graft.

It could.

I forgot that Levi has detect magic. I would like to add it to the list of automatic things he will do in his scouting in the future.

Sure.

So with the way clear, how far away are we from the Naga?

If it wouldn't put me prone I'd be tempted to go for a Fastball Special with my zombie using the throw maneuver on Solstafir...

You can move into melee with a single move action.

Knowledge on the Naga to id weaknesses, special attacks, etc: [roll0]

You identify the target as a Spirit Naga. Aberrations which have innate spellcasting, a venomous bite, and no glaring weaknesses.
The biggest thing to concern yourself with is the spellcasting capability of the foe - most spirit Naga can call upon up to third level spells, though this one utilized a fourth level spell, so it is likely more powerful than the typical specimen.

QuadraticGish
2022-05-25, 11:46 PM
Is talking still a free action? Or should I wait to continue the conversation when Orchid has her next turn?

Aegis013
2022-05-26, 03:16 PM
I don't mind if you want to banter with the enemy.

QuadraticGish
2022-05-27, 04:35 PM
Whew, really threading the needle here with avoiding lies and having to make bluff checks.

QuadraticGish
2022-05-27, 11:27 PM
I'm gonna be out of town for the weekend so I'll post when I can. It has been 24 hours since Aegis' last post and I haven't done anything go ahead and let someone else handle her actions. I doubt it will come up, but just in case.

TheFallenOne
2022-05-29, 01:55 PM
Looks like we all have even scores in dexterity, so that tome should go to whoever decides to put their level 8 attribute bonus to dex so we actually get a modifier increase out of it. I'm already at the max dex of my armor, so I'm out.

Aegis013
2022-05-29, 02:02 PM
TheFallenOne, I updated the most recent post (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25474079&postcount=1424) with new information. Letting you know since I know you've read it and responded.

TheFallenOne
2022-05-29, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up, added a bit about that book passage.

dantiesilva
2022-05-29, 05:48 PM
I'll post tonight when I get home from work, closing my store up again so I'm the last one in the building.

QuadraticGish
2022-05-29, 06:58 PM
Does Solum have hard rules in regards to called or summoned creatures via magic? Or other creatures acquire through various means such as Leadership? Right now, I'm gonna float the idea of burning xp to get Leadership and keep Puhrjan. Don't know if she qualifies as a target for it though nor am I sure if she's worth it. Though having extra undead sent in with us ready for Solstafir's use sounds useful. Of course, we could also just give her over to Solstafir.

Aegis013
2022-05-29, 09:13 PM
Does Solum have hard rules in regards to called or summoned creatures via magic? Or other creatures acquire through various means such as Leadership? Right now, I'm gonna float the idea of burning xp to get Leadership and keep Puhrjan. Don't know if she qualifies as a target for it though nor am I sure if she's worth it. Though having extra undead sent in with us ready for Solstafir's use sounds useful. Of course, we could also just give her over to Solstafir.

The rules are pretty much as long as nobody in Solum gets hurt, you're fine.
You could get Leadership, though you'd probably have to take Puhrjan to Solum as a corpse as you initially considered.

Puhrjan is effectively level 10 so would be out of range to be your cohort.

dantiesilva
2022-05-29, 09:24 PM
Good thing skill checks are not auto fail on a 1....wow that was a bad time for a 1 though.

"We just want to know everything you can tell us, then we will kill you. But nothing personal, we will make it quick and all. Painless I swear, just close your eyes and you won't even realize anything happened."

Also saying its almost at the time again (so long as we don't die or such) I was going to ask about a few Feat prices in exp

Sacred Healing
Domain Focus
Spellcasting Prodigy
Snowcasting
Frozen Magic
Frostfell Prodigy
Enduring Life
Lasting Life
Heat Endurance
Sandskimmer
Constant Guardian

TheFallenOne
2022-05-30, 01:29 AM
Though having extra undead sent in with us ready for Solstafir's use sounds useful. Of course, we could also just give her over to Solstafir.

I doubt it would make a good base body for a zombie, nagas don't have that impressive physical stats and instead rely on spells and abilities that would be lost with the template. Plus, my current zombie is ridonculously good. Annis is already an excellent base, half-fiend template and the spider scimitars on top and it's close to an extra party member in terms of power.

Aegis013
2022-05-30, 09:29 AM
I realize now that the link in the OOC OP is broken, though diplomacy is altered from base rules and the way it works can be found here: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?172910-Articles-Previously-Appearing-on-GiantITP-com

dantiesilva, for diplomacy, you'll have to offer Puhrjan a deal or exchange. She's already acting in a helpful manner, but she would still be considered an Enemy (+5 DC). I don't see any exchange offered (other than the implicit talk or you die sooner) so I don't know if you succeeded.

Yas392
2022-05-30, 11:49 AM
Forgot to roll these for detect magic if applicable.

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]

Spellcraft: [roll1]

dantiesilva
2022-05-30, 12:37 PM
I'm at work now so can't post, but if she just wants to be free of the dungeon AND won't try to kill/destroy Sol, she could be a useful ally to us if we make a deal to bring her back to life in Sol.

dantiesilva
2022-05-30, 11:56 PM
So what does everyone think of the overall deal offered? I could see the naga being a useful asset in learning about the dungeon as well as possibly dungeon fruit and the like as well as researching things.

TheFallenOne
2022-05-31, 12:35 AM
I would at the very least ask the prince for permission before doing this. I would expect resurrecting Dungeon creatures with their free will intact inside Solum to be wildly illegal.

Also, uh, any chance the naga has slowly been turning one of us after the other with its Charming Gaze? That's a far too dangerous ability to put into a densely populated city if you ask me.

QuadraticGish
2022-05-31, 09:19 AM
Back from my trip. I'd rather not let anyone, especially the prince in on this since at the moment we know we shouldn't be trusting him with ****. Another consideration to follow up with, is that it might be likely we're not the only ones who have thought of this exploit nor the only ones that are using it. All you need is a friend capable of raising or being lucky enough to buy a scroll or know someone that will sell you one. Aegis, how many people in the city are at about our level?

dantiesilva
2022-05-31, 09:45 AM
Abigale is only one level away ( once we leave the Dungeon) from being able to cast raise dead herself so I mean worst case scenario we have days to get back into the dungeon, finish it without dying, and level up to bring said naga back to life.

This the " you will not directly or subvertly harm the people of Sol" for the eyes.

QuadraticGish
2022-05-31, 10:00 AM
Abigale is only one level away ( once we leave the Dungeon) from being able to cast raise dead herself so I mean worst case scenario we have days to get back into the dungeon, finish it without dying, and level up to bring said naga back to life.

This the " you will not directly or subvertly harm the people of Sol" for the eyes.

Raise dead is a 5th level spell, so Orchid could make an(expensive) scroll of it when they return.

dantiesilva
2022-05-31, 03:41 PM
Abigale can't read scrolls only reason I said it the way I did, though if Orchid or anyone else wanted to read it that would be fine. Abigale would front most of the money for said scroll to be made however as it does serve the group not just her.

TheFallenOne
2022-05-31, 03:46 PM
Aegis, do we have any insight on the laws on this? Since I regularly bring bodies from the Dungeon in it might well have come up what is and isn't appropriate use of them. I genuinely expect we'd have a date with the headsman if we resurrect the naga and it causes havok, guys.

Aegis013
2022-05-31, 04:10 PM
I would at the very least ask the prince for permission before doing this. I would expect resurrecting Dungeon creatures with their free will intact inside Solum to be wildly illegal.

Also, uh, any chance the naga has slowly been turning one of us after the other with its Charming Gaze? That's a far too dangerous ability to put into a densely populated city if you ask me.

I think your team has a Protection against Enemy aura coming from someone which would stop the Charming Gaze, and since the zombie has her pinned, it can just keep her face down against the floor so she can't use it.

Back from my trip. I'd rather not let anyone, especially the prince in on this since at the moment we know we shouldn't be trusting him with ****. Another consideration to follow up with, is that it might be likely we're not the only ones who have thought of this exploit nor the only ones that are using it. All you need is a friend capable of raising or being lucky enough to buy a scroll or know someone that will sell you one. Aegis, how many people in the city are at about our level?

Not a ton, but enough. You're quite elite among Delvers now and would qualify for the Royal Guard should someone elect to retire a character. Do keep in mind, other NPCs of your level probably aren't going to be nearly as powerful as you due to all of the extra resources (they'd still follow NPC WBL for example).

Aegis, do we have any insight on the laws on this? Since I regularly bring bodies from the Dungeon in it might well have come up what is and isn't appropriate use of them. I genuinely expect we'd have a date with the headsman if we resurrect the naga and it causes havok, guys.

Generally, full on resurrecting a Dungeon Denizen would be illegal, though there are permits for animating them in Solum as undead or in some other enthralled fashion. You may be able to get special permission through Atticus. If Puhrjan did get loose and start causing havoc and her appearance was tied to you, then you're spot on: your characters would likely be executed for the treasonous action of aiding the enemy to attack Solum.

Bringing back Puhrjan in town with her own will is potentially a huge risk, especially if it's a clandestine plan. The mob she could potentially gather with her Charming Gaze could cause a lot of problems if she was left to roam free, so you'd need to figure out a way to ensure she couldn't run amok if you decided to raise her without special permission.

dantiesilva
2022-05-31, 09:25 PM
With said new information being confirmed perhaps it would be best IC if we were pulled aside and reminded of this so it flows more naturally? Abigale seeing said naga already trying to break free and seemingly only interested in living would listen to said logic as it is not like this enemy is just not resisting, not looking for a way out. It's clearly trying to just stay alive.

Aegis013
2022-05-31, 09:33 PM
Perhaps. I don't have any agents in this dungeon which could do so as I don't want to commandeer a PC for exposition.

It might be against Abigail's ethics, but you could probably get by with some bribes as long as you have some way to keep Puhrjan in line.

dantiesilva
2022-05-31, 09:42 PM
Perhaps. I don't have any agents in this dungeon which could do so as I don't want to commandeer a PC for exposition.

It might be against Abigail's ethics, but you could probably get by with some bribes as long as you have some way to keep Puhrjan in line.

Sorry I was posting from my phone, I was referring to one of the other PCs stating as much, Sol would be best as he is so against it.

As for the second part, I mean her brother is legit a thief and mob boss, she doesn't approve, but she does know how the world works.

QuadraticGish
2022-06-01, 02:22 AM
Gonna think on this tomorrow. I'm starting to lean towards maybe not taking her.

TheFallenOne
2022-06-01, 05:08 AM
I put it in since as the one who actually raises bodies Solstafir is the most likely to have come in touch with the law here.

TheFallenOne
2022-06-03, 01:32 PM
We can always just use Speak With Dead per Spell Storing Item infusion if we want some more information out of the naga.

Aegis013
2022-06-05, 07:44 AM
Is everybody ready to kill Puhrjan or is there anything else anybody wants to ask of her or similar?

dantiesilva
2022-06-05, 09:16 AM
Kill, Abigale was convinced

QuadraticGish
2022-06-05, 09:19 AM
Kill, Orchid was convinced too, but she won't participate in it.

Yas392
2022-06-05, 11:33 AM
Kill. Are alignments in play or are we defaulting to friend/enemy? I forgot.

Aegis013
2022-06-05, 12:37 PM
Alignments aren't in play, you're either aligned with Solum or Dungeon. If there's a Good or Evil requirement on a feat, class or similar, you can ignore it.

The big 16 is also in the first post of any of my OOC threads so general questions like this may have answers there too.

Yas392
2022-06-05, 02:20 PM
Brilliant. I can choose turn turn or rebuke for Levi next time he binds Tenebrous. And I can play his morality looser.

Aegis013
2022-06-06, 07:34 PM
It's clear Solstafir would want to use the Key to Safe Passage given the clear backstory link. Do any other players or characters want to weigh in?

dantiesilva
2022-06-07, 04:57 AM
If we take the safe passage she will give everyone 7temp hp from Initiate of ilmater and Touch of healing combo

Cast Death Ward on Liselle, Orchid, and Solstafir (7 mins duration each)
Cast Divine Protection for a +1 Morale bonus to everyone's AC and saves (7 mins)
Cast Shield of Faith on Liselle, Orchid and Solstafir for +3 Deflection bonus to their AC

TheFallenOne
2022-06-07, 05:51 AM
I already got a constant +2 Deflection from Lammasu Mantle, better use that spell elsewhere or keep it in reserve.

dantiesilva
2022-06-07, 07:32 AM
I'll move it to Levi then

Yas392
2022-06-07, 08:10 AM
Levi has +2 deflection from ring of protection +2 so the spell is better off on someone else.

dantiesilva
2022-06-07, 08:11 AM
Levi has +2 deflection from ring of protection +2 so the spell is better off on someone else.

Okay, it will go on whoever doesn't have a deflection bonus lol

TheFallenOne
2022-06-07, 03:29 PM
Is steam power known in Solum or would this be our first time seeing it?

QuadraticGish
2022-06-07, 04:42 PM
I'd actually like to know the answer to that first as well before posting.

Aegis013
2022-06-07, 04:57 PM
Most things in Solum are simply powered by magic, as it would be much more convenient and easy than steam power. As crafters Solstafir and Orchid might be familiar with the concept of steam power, but nothing like this exists in Solum. After all, if you wanted an engine, you could just cast Animate Object and maybe make it Permanent or what have you.

dantiesilva
2022-06-08, 07:04 AM
My son is really sick right now so I won't be posting for a few days.

Aegis013
2022-06-08, 07:30 PM
My son is really sick right now so I won't be posting for a few days.

Sorry to hear that. I'll be hoping for a quick and full recovery with no one else in your household getting sick.

dantiesilva
2022-06-09, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear that. I'll be hoping for a quick and full recovery with no one else in your household getting sick.

Thank you Aegis, I have a free moment now so I will make a quick post.

Thundercracker
2022-06-09, 08:20 PM
Knowledge checks, what’s going on here, who are the two dragons, and what is the nature of the undead dwarf.

Take 10 for 26 on all three checks

Aegis013
2022-06-09, 10:50 PM
Knowledge results:
The Red Dragon is involved in origin story of the Fireblood Dwarves (like Solstafir) though in the stories as their told now, the Red Dragon should've been killed. The Silver dragon is the dragon described in Puhrjan's library that was born without immunity to cold but instead immunity to fire.

This place is where Fireblood Dwarves were born. In summary, a group of dwarves went into the Dungeon and didn't come back for many years. When they did get back, they were changed and had draconic properties.

The undead is an ancient Fireblood Dwarf, either their ancestors were significantly more draconic, or by still being stuck here with the Red Dragon that enslaved them enhanced their draconic properties. She's friendly, as she is a Solumite simply stuck here forever, bound by ancient magic to the Red Dragon.

To all:
With custom rewards like those you're getting here, if anyone has any gripes with their custom reward or the like, feedback is encouraged.

QuadraticGish
2022-06-09, 11:53 PM
Knowledge results:
The Red Dragon is involved in origin story of the Fireblood Dwarves (like Solstafir) though in the stories as their told now, the Red Dragon should've been killed. The Silver dragon is the dragon described in Puhrjan's library that was born without immunity to cold but instead immunity to fire.

This place is where Fireblood Dwarves were born. In summary, a group of dwarves went into the Dungeon and didn't come back for many years. When they did get back, they were changed and had draconic properties.

The undead is an ancient Fireblood Dwarf, either their ancestors were significantly more draconic, or by still being stuck here with the Red Dragon that enslaved them enhanced their draconic properties. She's friendly, as she is a Solumite simply stuck here forever, bound by ancient magic to the Red Dragon.

To all:
With custom rewards like those you're getting here, if anyone has any gripes with their custom reward or the like, feedback is encouraged.

I'll let you know, but mine looks pretty good. How viable is it to remain here for a day or two? I'm thinking of pursuing the archives to see if they have any history on Solum or information on it that we normally may not be privy to. Also, is it possible to make a new copy of the weapon we burned up to get in here?

dantiesilva
2022-06-10, 06:42 AM
So Abigale can't leave lol, no magical possession and the like, or was Orchid able to perfect the "new " stones?

Aegis013
2022-06-10, 08:21 AM
I'll let you know, but mine looks pretty good. How viable is it to remain here for a day or two? I'm thinking of pursuing the archives to see if they have any history on Solum or information on it that we normally may not be privy to. Also, is it possible to make a new copy of the weapon we burned up to get in here?

It's pretty viable to stay. Even if the dragons wake up as long as you don't take anything from the hoard or get spotted you're pretty safe. You could make a copy but there's no guarantee it would work exactly as the one found did.

So Abigale can't leave lol, no magical possession and the like, or was Orchid able to perfect the "new " stones?

I'm not going to be that strict. I would say if another character hands Abigale an escape stone and she uses it, it would be the same deal as if they handed her a potion and she quaffed the potion. While Abigale can't carry her own Escape Stone, I'm pretty sure there are spares. Or at least Orchid could whip one up if there isn't.

QuadraticGish
2022-06-10, 09:14 AM
Yeah, we have dosh and xp so Orchid can make one in a day.

TheFallenOne
2022-06-10, 09:20 AM
If all else fails I'll be a good friend and have my zombie choke her into unconsciousness, then use a stone on her while she's out.

Looks like some really juicy rewards there. Alistair gets an Screw You, You're Dead button, Liselle gets two ways to get ahead in the action economy, Orchid's Infusions go from pre-battle buffing to something usable in an encounter, Abigail can turn five types of creatures to dust a good number of times per day, and one extra Vestige is huge, it normally takes level 14 to get a third one.

And as for me, a general improvement of my Meldshaping, access to the juicy Totem binds you usually only get with two levels of Totemist, and at last filling the gap left in the official rules, a Soulmeld that raises Craft. That's pretty much an extra level of improvement I can put in my mundane gear right there. I might even actually shape that one when going into the Dungeon. It doesn't look like much combat potential without the Heart bind, but the +1 capacity to every single Essentia receptable is huge because I'll go into Necrocarnate at 8th, so from every single body we produce I can harvest one Essentia.
Though then again, making all my stuff a little better halfway through each Delve is just less fun than some of these Totem binds.

whoiam
2022-06-10, 08:41 PM
Hey, all! Sorry for the silence this week, but... well, the holiday I went on with a laptop and inclusive wifi? ...Didn't really include the wifi :smallfurious: Anyway, I'll be catching up on stuff over the weekend - this is just a quick 'still atent dead' message while I have some actual signal.

QuadraticGish
2022-06-15, 09:49 AM
Does anyone have anything else they want to try?

Thundercracker
2022-06-15, 10:58 AM
Does anyone have anything else they want to try?

I need to pick which additional domain I get.. right now I have knowledge, travel, and trickery.

dantiesilva
2022-06-15, 02:16 PM
I am ready to leave when everyone else is.

Aegis013
2022-06-15, 05:49 PM
I need to pick which additional domain I get.. right now I have knowledge, travel, and trickery.

Spell and Time domains are both powerful and in-line with the character.

Pride Domain has an amazing domain power, but the spells are mostly just OK.

QuadraticGish
2022-06-15, 11:56 PM
Aside from asking for a piece of the dwarf's clothing, Orchid is pretty much ready to go.

Yas392
2022-06-16, 01:02 AM
War is a good one for spells and the reserve feat that increases your damage output.

Other than selecting my vestige, he is ready.

Aegis013
2022-06-17, 04:42 PM
We're back in Solum, everybody can level up to 8 and start spending XP if desired (each character should have 7,999 XP to spend).

As a reminder, HP gain is half HD rolled + half HD (e.g. d12 = d6+6, d10 is d5+5, d8 is d4+4).

QuadraticGish
2022-06-17, 04:53 PM
Alright. Aegis, this level Orchid will be getting the Graft Mastery ability from Fleshwarper which pretty much does nothing since she doesn't have restrictions on graft types. What should it be replaced with? It comes up again at 5th and every odd level after.

dantiesilva
2022-06-17, 06:01 PM
Aegis on page 10 post #246 I think, I posted a list of feats asking what their exp costs would be. As we are leveling up now could I get an update on that please. Also wait we can get stuff on our dead levels if we already have the ability?

dantiesilva
2022-06-17, 06:09 PM
HP [roll0]

+.5BAB, +.5 on all saves

+9 Skill points (+8 into Search bringing my passive up to a 24, +1 into Heal this way my CL on healing spells is always higher than it really is by a good chunk)
+1 Wis bonus (Level)
+1 bonus 2nd level spell, +1 bonus 6th level spell (can't cast this high yet)

Combat Medic Level
Healing Kicker (Reflex Saves)
Mobility
+1 0 level spell, 1st level spell, 4th Level spell, + Domain

Healer Level
Unicorn Companion
+1 4th Level Spell

Vow of Peace Bonuses
+1 Natural Armor
Mind Shielding
Bonus Exalted Feat (Holy Radiance)

Just need to update spell list, and get an update on the xp cost of said feats now and my sheet is up to date

Yas392
2022-06-17, 10:31 PM
HP: [roll0]

Additional details will be added here.

QuadraticGish
2022-06-17, 11:20 PM
HP: [roll0]+5+1+28
BAB:+1
Saves: +1 Will
ASI: +1 Cha

Skills: +1 UMD, +1 Heal, +3 Concentration, +2 Decipher Script

Artificer: Bonus Feat(Extend Spell), craft reserve.
+1 3rd level infusion, +1 4th level infusion

Fleshwarper: Graft Mastery, Graft Reserve
+1 glitterdust, grease, +1 level 2 slot, +1 level 3 slot

To be finished later.

Graft Reserve(900), Reserve(250), and exp(7999) are all going to be converted to GP, 5850 gp from Liselle, 1800 gp from Solstafir, 500 stipend, in addition to her share of 13110gp plus her left over 672.52gp from the last run giving her a starting total of 66220.27
gp. All calculations are rounded to the nearest copper(hundreds place). For feats and research stuff, assume the EXP is paid out first for that before conversion.
Weakening Arm -15750
Cloak of Minor Displacement onto Cloak of Resist -7875
Skill Focus(UMD) -2500
Aqueous Body -5118.75
Mucus Sheath -1968.75
Making a reusable Escape Stone for herself -262.5
Upgrading party Escape Stones to only require 1 round -5000
Heavy Legs -2362.5
Wakeful Mind -5512.5
Strong Leg -3150
Treebark Carapace -1260
Darkwood Flesh -7481.25
Dragonbone Composite Longbow(0) -250
Adamantine arrows(40) -61
Adamantine Spiked Claws -1502.5
Beast Claws -5043.75
Bow of Wintermoon -1575
Selling old longbow 350
Selling two potions of CLW(CL1) 50
Selling 3 oils of magic weapon 75

Last working total: 21.77 .

Aegis013
2022-06-18, 07:51 AM
Sacred Healing - 1,000 XP
Domain Focus - 1,000 XP
Spellcasting Prodigy - 2,000 XP
Snowcasting - 1,000 XP
Frozen Magic - 500 XP
Frostfell Prodigy - 1,000 XP
Enduring Life - 1,000 XP
Lasting Life - 1,000 XP
Heat Endurance - 1,000 XP
Sandskimmer - 500 XP
Constant Guardian - 2,000 XP

Other than Spellcasting Prodigy and Constant Guardian, these are all extremely situational so I don't feel justified in setting the price at the full 2k xp. As always if I'm open to feedback on feat price.

QuardraticGish I'll consider what might replace the defunct feature.
dantiesilva, if I've given you something that negates a feature then yeah, I'll try to find something to slot in instead though it may not be as powerful as the original. If you selected classes that share unstackable features I'm not as concerned unless you feel you're unintentionally lagging behind somehow.

As a heads up I'll be away from home the rest of today and tomorrow and will be back to posting afterward.

Yas392
2022-06-18, 08:15 AM
Can we get a compilation of the feat costs?

dantiesilva
2022-06-18, 02:26 PM
Domain Focus - 1,000 XP
Snowcasting - 1,000 XP
Frozen Magic - 500 XP
Enduring Life - 1,000 XP
Lasting Life - 1,000 XP
Sandskimmer - 500 XP

10,901exp to spend (I kept track of my own as I didn't use it all from the level up so lets see)

I will take
Constant Guardian
Spellcasting Prodigy
Sacred Healing
Domain Focus (Healing, who would have guessed)
Enduring Life
Heat Endurance
Snowcasting
Frozen Magic
Sandskimmer

This leaves me with 901xp left

For Snowcasting would (in theory) we be able to have say a magical box following Abigale around that she just happens to reach into to grab snow (which is free and can be found anywhere thus not material wealth) if not could she keep a simple pouch on her filled with snow? It wouldn't last for a long dungeon, but for a shorter one (or one thats not extremly hot and melts all the snow) it could be useful.

(Now just to find a way to make it extremely cold around her at all times for the boost to CL and such.....hmmmm

QuadraticGish
2022-06-18, 08:43 PM
10,901exp to spend (I kept track of my own as I didn't use it all from the level up so lets see)

I will take
Constant Guardian
Spellcasting Prodigy
Sacred Healing
Domain Focus (Healing, who would have guessed)
Enduring Life
Heat Endurance
Snowcasting
Frozen Magic
Sandskimmer

This leaves me with 901xp left

For Snowcasting would (in theory) we be able to have say a magical box following Abigale around that she just happens to reach into to grab snow (which is free and can be found anywhere thus not material wealth) if not could she keep a simple pouch on her filled with snow? It wouldn't last for a long dungeon, but for a shorter one (or one thats not extremly hot and melts all the snow) it could be useful.

(Now just to find a way to make it extremely cold around her at all times for the boost to CL and such.....hmmmm

Orchid has a Packmate Homunculus(Magic of Eberron 152) that can be used to carry stuff around.

dantiesilva
2022-06-18, 10:06 PM
If Aegis will allow that all I need is a way to make it freezing cold around her at all times (due to endure elements it won't effect her) and that's an additional +2 to DCs for spells and more bonus spells.

TheFallenOne
2022-06-19, 01:49 AM
Potential feats bought with XP:

Midnight Dodge
Desert Fire
Desert Wind Dodge
Martial Stance
Improved Toughness

Crusader 6//Necrocarnate 1
+1 Strength
+1 BAB
[roll0]
+0.5 Fort, +0.33 Ref, +0.5 Will
Smite 1/day
Harvest Soul
+1 Meldshaper level
+1 Weaponsmith, +1 Armorer, +3 Intimidate

Necrocarnum Acolyte(500 XP)

Gonna invest my money and XP in items mostly. Making my armor and weapon Soulbound now I can harvest Essentia from corpses will allow me to get up to +5 enhancement while the item is only a +3 equivalent.

TheFallenOne
2022-06-19, 03:23 AM
On further consideration, also requesting XP cost of

Shape Soulmeld(I might go for the Blink Shirt totem bind)
Split Chakra
Double Chakra

Without alignment, how would the bonus from Incarnate Avatar work, can I just choose which one I like best?

QuadraticGish
2022-06-19, 11:06 AM
I've compiled our loot this run. I'm almost certain that we as a group want someone to use the Ring of Mind Shielding so we have a way of potentially lying down the line. I'm not sure if it prevents detection that their methods aren't working, but I'm putting it out there.

Ring of Mind Shielding - The wearer is continually immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern her alignment. - 4000gp
Helm of Comprehend Languages and Read Magic - The wearer can use detect thoughts at will. Furthermore, he can send a telepathic message to anyone whose surface thoughts he is reading (allowing two-way communication). Once per day, the wearer of the helm can implant a suggestion (as the spell, Will DC 14 negates) along with his telepathic message. - 2600gp
+1 Manual of Bodily Dexterity - 13750gp
+4 Headband of Intellect - 8000gp
Minor Ring of Fire Resistance - this ring has an engraving of two dragons coiled together - A minor ring of energy resistance grants 10 points of resistance. - 6000gp
Two potions of Fly - 375gp ea.
Two potions of Cure Moderate Wounds - 150gp ea.
Potion of Barkskin - 150gp ea

Total: 31550
Total (including Mind Shielding): 35550

6000gp of mundane crystals
2,000gp worth of coins and gems
coins, gems, and art items altogether worth 12,000gp
10,000gp worth of coins and gems.

Total: 30k

Final total per person: 10258.33gp
Final total per person(including Mind Shielding): 10925gp

Total share/person(including mind shielding and without Abigale): 13110gp

QuadraticGish
2022-06-19, 11:18 AM
Doubleposting to avoid clogging up the loot post- @Aegis when you're back, what would the difference be between Dragon Cohort and Dragon Familiar in terms of bringing either to the dungeon?

EDIT: Might just end up spending my exp on grafts.

whoiam
2022-06-19, 05:02 PM
Usual question for about this time: Has anyone's crafting skills/prices changed since last level? Or the maximum stuff they can produce?

If I remember correctly, didn't Aegis say last level that we can split loot 5 ways instead of 6?

Also, we get an attribute point this level, don't we?

[roll0]

whoiam
2022-06-19, 05:02 PM
...That was meant to be a d12, not a d10.

[roll0]

QuadraticGish
2022-06-19, 05:59 PM
Usual question for about this time: Has anyone's crafting skills/prices changed since last level? Or the maximum stuff they can produce?

If I remember correctly, didn't Aegis say last level that we can split loot 5 ways instead of 6?

Also, we get an attribute point this level, don't we?

[roll0]

Pretty sure VoP mandates that she has to still claim and donate her share still.

whoiam
2022-06-19, 06:19 PM
Yeah, it came up last level. Aegis basically shrugged and said we'd be rich either way, so it was up to us if we wanted to sacrifice 1/6th of our actual take, or just assume there's an extra 1/5th of 'stuff' in the dungeon that gets hauled back and donated.

I wouldn't consider it vow breaking to say that there was additional unnamed resources that Abigail is hauling back for donation purposes. I'll leave it to the group.

After all, you found about 100k gp worth of stuff more than WBL for 7th level anyway, this a game where the non vow of poverty characters will be filthy rich regardless. Though no magic mart keeps a lot of the more crazy items locked away until Orchid or Solstafir can craft them.

Once people decide if they want to eat the fruits and how many, I'll do a IC post for Solum, any updates from Prince Atticus, your team's sponsor, and post whats making the rounds in the shops in Solum. Everybody feel free to level up your character at this point.

You can also spend XP for benefits in town. Feats are a staple, though more interesting collaborative additions could also be pursued if there's something that would be thematic for your character or if you want to add things to the setting.

dantiesilva
2022-06-19, 07:12 PM
Abigail has to claim her share and donate it to worthy causes. Also Abigail has the rings ability without the slot already lol

Aegis013
2022-06-19, 08:52 PM

You can't carry over the XP, you hit a literal maximum amount of XP your character can have (the only exception I can think of is Artificer crafting reserve which doesn't count towards leveling) whenever you delve so any XP not spent between delves would've been lost.

It's in the Big 16 though it's not perfectly explicit about trying to carry XP over, it has been clarified that extra XP is basically use it or lose it: "If you would gain enough XP to gain multiple levels in a single Dungeon Delve you will instead stop at 1 point prior to gaining a 2nd level up, so if you clear a Dungeon and would gain 3,000 XP, you would instead only gain 2,999 XP putting you 1 XP away from gaining 2 levels simultaneously. This is intended to prevent you from missing out on the experience of playing your character at each level."

Without alignment, how would the bonus from Incarnate Avatar work, can I just choose which one I like best?

Yes, each time you shape it, you can decide which version to take. You could even change the version with the Rapid Meldshaping feature.

Doubleposting to avoid clogging up the loot post- @Aegis when you're back, what would the difference be between Dragon Cohort and Dragon Familiar in terms of bringing either to the dungeon?

Dragon Familiar can go in, Dragon Cohort cannot. Cohorts won't follow you into the Dungeon per the clarification on Leadership not being banned in the Big 16: "Leadership feat is not banned, due to its interesting potential on the social side of the game, but cohorts and followers will not and can not follow you into a Dungeon Delve."

On the topic of splitting the loot, I'm still perfectly happy hand-waving that Abigail is meeting her vow requirements with loot that wasn't explicitly mentioned. You may be able to tell but I'm not going to be a stickler for the vow requirements. The same way I wouldn't consider making a Paladin or Exalted character fall despite the team killing poor, helpless Puhrjan. I've contrived this game so you have to go kill stuff even if it's not fighting back.

QuadraticGish
2022-06-19, 11:31 PM
Dragon Familiar can go in, Dragon Cohort cannot. Cohorts won't follow you into the Dungeon per the clarification on Leadership not being banned in the Big 16: "Leadership feat is not banned, due to its interesting potential on the social side of the game, but cohorts and followers will not and can not follow you into a Dungeon Delve."

On the topic of splitting the loot, I'm still perfectly happy hand-waving that Abigail is meeting her vow requirements with loot that wasn't explicitly mentioned. You may be able to tell but I'm not going to be a stickler for the vow requirements. The same way I wouldn't consider making a Paladin or Exalted character fall despite the team killing poor, helpless Puhrjan. I've contrived this game so you have to go kill stuff even if it's not fighting back.

Gotcha. I'm gonna go ahead and make a separate total accounting for that in case everyone else is good for it.

dantiesilva
2022-06-20, 03:28 AM
@Aegis
You can't carry over the XP, you hit a literal maximum amount of XP your character can have (the only exception I can think of is Artificer crafting reserve which doesn't count towards leveling) whenever you delve so any XP not spent between delves would've been lost.

It's in the Big 16 though it's not perfectly explicit about trying to carry XP over, it has been clarified that extra XP is basically use it or lose it: "If you would gain enough XP to gain multiple levels in a single Dungeon Delve you will instead stop at 1 point prior to gaining a 2nd level up, so if you clear a Dungeon and would gain 3,000 XP, you would instead only gain 2,999 XP putting you 1 XP away from gaining 2 levels simultaneously. This is intended to prevent you from missing out on the experience of playing your character at each level."

We're back in Solum, everybody can level up to 8 and start spending XP if desired (each character should have 7,999 XP to spend).

Gained 21,700exp (from total encounters in this dungeon)
1exp puts us at level 8 (21,699exp)
-7,999 to put us just 1 exp below level 9 (13,700exp)

If I'm not mistaken (I don't think I doubled anything) I actually undercut what we should have.
Drowned 4,200
Plague Spewer 6,300
Mummies 4,200
Puhrjan 7,000

So I'm not sure how I got the math wrong the first time, but even still we should be having a great deal more than 7,000 left to spend, more than even I had used feats for honestly (starts looking at remaining exp to spend and how much each feat costs). I will in the end differ to your call though, as you are a very laid back DM and don't want to stress about something thats not a big deal. Just wanted you to see the math from the exp you gave us before I erase feats first.

whoiam
2022-06-20, 03:47 AM
Each delve, if fully cleared, gives enough XP to get us from the minimum XP we can start with (i.e. just enough to qualify for our current level) to the maximum XP we can end with (1 below levelling up twice).

Carrying spare XP between levels doesn't do us any good, since we'll hit each delve's XP cap anyway, and the remainder of the earned XP will be wasted.

So spend all the XP you can between each delve!

Aegis013
2022-06-20, 07:58 AM
@Aegis

Gained 21,700exp (from total encounters in this dungeon)
1exp puts us at level 8 (21,699exp)
-7,999 to put us just 1 exp below level 9 (13,700exp)

If I'm not mistaken (I don't think I doubled anything) I actually undercut what we should have.
Drowned 4,200
Plague Spewer 6,300
Mummies 4,200
Puhrjan 7,000

So I'm not sure how I got the math wrong the first time, but even still we should be having a great deal more than 7,000 left to spend, more than even I had used feats for honestly (starts looking at remaining exp to spend and how much each feat costs). I will in the end differ to your call though, as you are a very laid back DM and don't want to stress about something thats not a big deal. Just wanted you to see the math from the exp you gave us before I erase feats first.

Each delve, if fully cleared, gives enough XP to get us from the minimum XP we can start with (i.e. just enough to qualify for our current level) to the maximum XP we can end with (1 below levelling up twice).

Carrying spare XP between levels doesn't do us any good, since we'll hit each delve's XP cap anyway, and the remainder of the earned XP will be wasted.

So spend all the XP you can between each delve!

whoiam has it. If you went into this delve with 24,000 XP (21k being level 7), you would stop gaining XP at the cap of 35,999 XP (1xp away from level 9). Your character wouldn't be able to gain XP above the cap during the delve so any additional XP rewards simply wouldn't add to your total. Since you immediately level up upon getting to Solum (it's in the Big 16 which can be found in the OP), if you were able to carry 36,000 XP to Solum, you would just immediately level to 9 and would still have less XP to play with.

I don't want to punish someone for a misunderstanding, and looking back this was explicitly clarified before you joined. Thus, unless there is an objection, I'll allow you to spend your unspent XP from last time this time only, as long as it is on things that don't cost more than the total you could've had to spend (that would cost 8k or more).

Thundercracker and Yas392, I'll grant the same if you're in a similar position.

QuadraticGish
2022-06-20, 10:17 AM
I think Solstafir got some changes, but otherwise Orchid is still limited to only faking spell pre-reqs up to 5th level.

QuadraticGish
2022-06-20, 10:32 AM
Are Beast Claws from Savage Species(p.49) permitted since I believe it's 3.0 content? EDIT: Nevermind, I just realize it would overwrite my higher crit multiplier.
EDIT 2: Oh yeah, Orchid will take of making a replacement escape stone for Abigale.

Yas392
2022-06-20, 11:40 AM
Can we get a compilation of the feat costs?

@Aegis013 Just re-posting my question.

Aegis013
2022-06-20, 12:53 PM
I think this an exhaustive list of the feats that have been priced so far in no particular order:

Martial Weapon Proficiency or Armor Proficiency feats: 200 XP
Sanctify Relic: 2,000 XP
True Believer: 500 XP
Expanded Knowledge: 2,000 XP
Corpsecrafter 2,000xp.
Shieldmate: 1,000xp.
Devoted Bulwark: 1,000xp.
Stone Power: 2,000xp.
Vital Recovery: 2,000xp.
White Raven Defense: 1,000xp.
Extraordinary Artisan: 2,000 xp
Legendary Artisan: 2,000 xp
Archivist of Nature: 1,000 xp
Draconid Archivist: 1,000 xp
Skill Focus: 500 xp
Split Chakra: 2000 xp
Necrocarnum Acolyte: 500xp
Expanded Soulmeld Capacity: 2000 xp
Weapon Focus: 500 xp
Melodic Casting 2000 xp
Obtain Familiar 1000 xp
Any version of Dodge: 500 xp
Mobility: 500 xp
Combat Expertise: 500 xp
Improved Sunder: 500 xp
Improved Bullrush: 500 xp
Ironheart Aura: 500 xp
Speed of Thought: 1,000 xp
Stand Still: 2,000 xp
Craft Cognizance Crystal: 2000 xp
Craft Dorje: 2000 xp
Elusive Target: 2000 xp
Karmic Strike: 2000 xp
Shock Troopher 2000 xp
Magical Artisan 2000xp
Draconic Familiar 1500 xp
Maximize Spell 2000 xp
Touch of Healing 2000 xp
Cleave 1000 xp
Great cleave 2000 xp
Quick Draw 500 xp
Adaptive Style 2000 xp
Psicrystal Affinity 1000 xp
Master of Day and Night 5000 xp
Initiator of ilmater 2000 xp
Travel Devotion 2000 xp
Infernal Adept 1000 xp
Improved Familiar 2000 xp
Extra Invocation 1000 xp
Pisonic Meditation - 1000 xp
Wild Talent - 1000 xp
Psionic Shot - 1000 xp
Greater Psionic Shot - 2000 xp
Ritual Blessing - 1000 xp
Faith Unswerving - 2000 xp
Combat Reflexes 1000 xp
Augment Healing 1000 xp
Point Blank Shot 500 xp
Precise Shot 500 xp
Battle Caster - 1000 xp
Bonus Essentia 1000 xp
Shadow Blade 2000 xp
Daring Outlaw 2000 xp
Improved TWF 2000 xp
Power Critical 1000 xp
Power Attack 2000 xp
Martial Study 2000 xp
Martial Stance 2000 xp
Extend Spell 2000 xp
Divine Metamagic 10,000 xp
Persistent Spell 10,000 xp
Rapid Spell - 2000 xp
Extra Turning 1000 xp
Augment Summoning 2000 xp
Open Minded 1000 xp
Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will or Great Fortitude - 500 xp
Domain Focus - 1,000 XP
Snowcasting - 1,000 XP
Frozen Magic - 500 XP
Enduring Life - 1,000 XP
Lasting Life - 1,000 XP
Sandskimmer - 500 XP

QuadraticGish
2022-06-20, 02:41 PM
How much XP would it cost to research reusable Escape Stone or ones that can be activated more quickly? 1000xp?

dantiesilva
2022-06-20, 11:46 PM
whoiam has it. If you went into this delve with 24,000 XP (21k being level 7), you would stop gaining XP at the cap of 35,999 XP (1xp away from level 9). Your character wouldn't be able to gain XP above the cap during the delve so any additional XP rewards simply wouldn't add to your total. Since you immediately level up upon getting to Solum (it's in the Big 16 which can be found in the OP), if you were able to carry 36,000 XP to Solum, you would just immediately level to 9 and would still have less XP to play with.

I don't want to punish someone for a misunderstanding, and looking back this was explicitly clarified before you joined. Thus, unless there is an objection, I'll allow you to spend your unspent XP from last time this time only, as long as it is on things that don't cost more than the total you could've had to spend (that would cost 8k or more).

Okay thank you for clearing that up, I think I understand now. I will simply not use Constant Guardian until we return then as it is a 2,000xp feat and thats what I am over by.

Abigale will split her share of wealth between
Paying her brother for keeping an eye on their sister while she was gone (and thus taking care of her if she had any needs)
Buying medical supplies that she brings to the little hospice she is working out of (next level I plan on taking the Landlord feat and getting an actual building that she works out of/temple)
Buying Provisions for the people in the poor district
Giving farmers (and other such industries) money that are in need of it or else they will be foreclosed on
what remains will be put into the parties secret dabbles of learning about the elixir/making their own, and other such stuff.

All this is after the cost of an escape stone for her is skimmed off the top

QuadraticGish
2022-06-21, 09:57 AM
I thought that ring of mind shielding might've been more useful but I realized it doesn't stop Zone of Truth; only discern lies.

Aegis013
2022-06-21, 04:19 PM
How much XP would it cost to research reusable Escape Stone or ones that can be activated more quickly? 1000xp?

Because it's just a nuisance level of expense at this point to burn the 3,000gp for another set of Escape Stones for the group, I'll say Orchid is able to make reusable stones without any investment.

Making them faster would cost XP, I'd say:
1 round: 1,000 xp (triggers at the start of your turn the following round, like Summon Monster)
Full action: 2,000 xp
Standard action: 3,000 xp
Move action: 5,000 xp
Immediate action: 10,000xp

It wouldn't affect the price for you to make them, though I'll also rule that these special Escape Stones would need to be attuned to the person. To avoid VoP issues, I'd say the process for Abigale makes her Escape Stone count as a Relic (BoED) so it doesn't count against VoP.

dantiesilva
2022-06-21, 04:34 PM
Wait relics don't count against VOP....

QuadraticGish
2022-06-21, 04:40 PM
Wait relics don't count against VOP....
They don't? Well at some point Orchid could make some for you then considering she has sanctify relic.

dantiesilva
2022-06-21, 04:44 PM
They don't? Well at some point Orchid could make some for you then considering she has sanctify relic.

That's what I was asking due to Aegis post.

Aegis013
2022-06-21, 08:04 PM
They're not magic items, and they have no market value other than one just for the DM's reference according to Book of Exalted Deeds page 36.

"Sometimes confused with magic items or even artifacts..."
"Like artifacts, relics cannot be manufactured, bought, or sold.
However, each relic has a market price equivalent, for the DM’s
use in assigning treasure only. These prices are calculated as
though the relics were magic items."

It's pretty clear they're not magic items or there'd be no need for the clarification their prices are "as though [they] were magic items" and don't have market value for a PC.

Even though it says you can't make them, I'm ruling that the interaction of Abigale being attuned to one of Orchid's Escape Stones would make it a Relic due to her Exalted nature or what have you just so we can avoid having to track one single Escape Stone separately.

dantiesilva
2022-06-21, 08:52 PM
Well thank you very much sir.

Thundercracker
2022-06-23, 10:17 AM

I spent all the xp last time.

So this means we have 8k xp, and 10,258 gold to play with right?

Have the crafting rates our fellow party members charge changed at all?

QuadraticGish
2022-06-23, 10:25 AM
I spent all the xp last time.

So this means we have 8k xp, and 10,258 gold to play with right?

Have the crafting rates our fellow party members charge changed at all?
Orchid's has not and is still stuck emulating 5th level spells at best. Though now she can basically access any spell up to 4th level through Spell Storing item without incurring the normal xp cost of that infusion so I think passing her UMD is pretty much a given now for crafting. Aegis, do you still want me to roll UMD for crafting items?

EDIT: 13110gp actually and 7999 xp.

Yas392
2022-06-25, 12:29 PM
@Aegis013 Thanks for the list.

Aegis013
2022-06-27, 10:12 AM
I don't expect anybody to be totally finished finalizing their level up etc, though I have our next module picked out when the group is all ready.

Yas392
2022-06-27, 01:56 PM
My bad. Wrong roll for HP.

HP roll: [roll0]

QuadraticGish
2022-06-27, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I've just been taking my sweet time on my expenditures. Speaking of leveling, any thoughts on what Graft Mastery will be replaced with? EDIT: level up has purchases added.

dantiesilva
2022-06-28, 10:11 AM
Abigail has been leveled up for a while now.

Aegis013
2022-06-28, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I've just been taking my sweet time on my expenditures. Speaking of leveling, any thoughts on what Graft Mastery will be replaced with? EDIT: level up has purchases added.

It's nothing major or exciting, but how about Graft Mastery is changed to giving +1 max HP per graft per rank?

TheFallenOne
2022-06-28, 02:35 PM
I'll try to get an IC post up tomorrow, things are... messy around here. As in, might need to sue my employer messy.

Still need some XP costs to finish my level up:

Improved Toughness
Double Chakra

Also, can we estimate the cost for Orchid and Solstafir teaming up to craft a copy of the Key to Safe Passage? If it's feasible to get done reasonably soon he'd probably keep their discovery under wraps until he can provide such tangible proof, otherwise he'd feel compelled to reveal the matter at a general gathering of the Dwarven Assembly in the Foundry, calling anyone willing to testify as witness. The Forgemaster Zhrine Vestige and Fireblood Anvil Soulmeld in particular seem quite solid to give credence to the claim of having discovered the Anvil of Embers.

QuadraticGish
2022-06-28, 03:02 PM
It's nothing major or exciting, but how about Graft Mastery is changed to giving +1 max HP per graft per rank?

Does that apply to all grafts Orchid makes or just the ones on her? Either way, looks like she'll be finishing out of the PrC with enough HP to make dragons jealous.

dantiesilva
2022-06-28, 03:10 PM
Could one graft a dragonmark onto another character?

whoiam
2022-06-28, 07:02 PM
Liselle's spending for the level:
(She starts with 500GP crafting allowance, 13598.29 GP, 7999XP, for an effective 500+53593.29GP spending money)

Liselle is having her chain remade this level.
It is a large (50gp) Alchemical Gold (7000gp) Dwarvencraft (600gp) Spiked Chain (25gp), with a +2 equivalent enchantment (8000gp).
She is taking her usual +1 damage die size,+1 crit range, +1 crit size enhancement.
This results in 2351.25gp of commission for Solstafir.
It also costs 6732.75gp in materials, of which 500 is crafting allowance.

Solstafir receives 2351.25gp commission.

Liselle is buying the feats Iron Will (500xp), Psicrystal Affinity (1000xp), Psionic Meditation (1000xp), Weapon Focus [Spiked Chain] (500xp), Weapon Focus [Scimitar] (500xp), Weapon Focus [Kukri] (500xp), Adaptive Style (2000xp). This costs the equivalent of 30,000gp.

Liselle is getting her Amulet of Health upgraded to a +4 bonus. This costs 4725gp of materials, and pays 1800 in commission.
She is also getting her Headband of Intellect upgraded from a +2 Wis bonus to a +4 one. Again, 4725 gp in materials, 1800 commission.
Then her Ring of Protection gets an upgrade from +1 to +3. 3150 in materials, and 1200 commission.
And finally, her Cloak of Resistance gets upgraded from +3 to +4. 2756.25 in materials, and 1050 commission.

Orchid receives 5850gp commission.

Item
Cost
Remaining Funds

New Spiked Chain
9084 - 500

Old Spiked Chain

Iron Will

Psicrystal Affinity

Psionic Meditation

Weapon Focus (Spiked Chain)

Weapon Focus (Scimitar)

Weapon Focus (Kukri)

Adaptive Style

Amulet of Health Upgrade

Headband of Intellect Upgrade

Ring of Protection Upgrade

Cloak of Resistance Upgrade

Aegis013
2022-06-28, 10:11 PM
I'll try to get an IC post up tomorrow, things are... messy around here. As in, might need to sue my employer messy.

Still need some XP costs to finish my level up:

Improved Toughness
Double Chakra

Also, can we estimate the cost for Orchid and Solstafir teaming up to craft a copy of the Key to Safe Passage? If it's feasible to get done reasonably soon he'd probably keep their discovery under wraps until he can provide such tangible proof, otherwise he'd feel compelled to reveal the matter at a general gathering of the Dwarven Assembly in the Foundry, calling anyone willing to testify as witness. The Forgemaster Zhrine Vestige and Fireblood Anvil Soulmeld in particular seem quite solid to give credence to the claim of having discovered the Anvil of Embers.

Sounds problematic. Hopefully things work out for the best.

Improved Toughness 1,000 xp
Shape Soulmeld 2,000 xp
Double Chakra 2,000 xp

Making a Key to Safe Passage replica would be crafting a +3 Heavy Mace + 600gp for Dwarvencraft. No guarantee it will get you get back to the Anvil should you craft one as it's unknown if there were secret special requirements or similar.

Could one graft a dragonmark onto another character?

I don't think dragonmarks are grafts.

dantiesilva
2022-06-28, 10:29 PM
I don't think dragonmarks are grafts.

That's why I asked as I knew there is nothing that says you can, but in one of the ebberon books I read a character somehow got his halfling friends dragonmark by "drinking in his essence" so I figured it was worth an ask as you can graft flesh.

TheFallenOne
2022-06-29, 06:10 AM
For everyone interested in weapons and armor

For every 5 points beyond the DC you can change a numeric value on the armor or weapon by some degree. Each subsequent change on the same value adds +10 to the DC (to give +1 value must beat DC by 5, +2 requires 15 over, +3 25 over, +4 35 over, etc)

Armor categories being AC (+1), Max Dex (+1), Armor Check Penalty (-3), Arcane Spell Failure (-5%), Speed reduction (-5 feet of reduction), tower shield attack penalty(-1).
Weapon categories being damage die type, crit range (+1), crit multiplier (+1, max 4). Or for ranged weapons include range increment (+5 thrown, +10 projectile).

With my new Soulmeld my Craft modifier now went up to +37, meaning with Take 10 I beat DC 22 Dwarvencraft by 25 leaving room for much more improvement. Liselle's current order(+1 damage die size,+1 crit range, +1 crit size enhancement) only accounts for +15, so I can improve any of these three a second time.

Also remember your crafting stipend of 500 GP. You receive 1500 GP of forged goods while paying a comission of 225 GP to Solstafir.

Further level up stuff for me
Budget:
7,999 XP = 39,995 GP
Loot share 13,110 GP
Crafting stipend 500 GP
Crafting stipend comission, assuming no one declines free money unless vow-bound to 900 GP
Further comission from Liselle 2,126.25 GP
and money left from last time 2,824.54 GP
Sum: 59455.79 GP

Purchases:
Improved Toughness 5,000 GP
Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes 7,500 GP
Necrocarnum Acolyte 2,500 GP
Shape Soulmeld(Blink Shirt) 10,000 GP
Double Chakra(Heart) 10,000 GP
Soulbound on armor 1,575 GP
Soulbound on tower shield 1,575 GP
Soulbound on axe 5,250 GP
+2 Resistance common effect on armor 2,100 GP
+2 Natural Armor common effect on armor 4,200 GP
Improve Novice Desert Wind Cloak to Scholar 6,300 plus 1,800 comission

Comission paid to Orchid: 1,800 GP

@Aegis Can I use my better crafting skill to improve my gear after the fact? It might perhaps be more realistic to start from scratch. But here's the thing, with the infinite crafting time between Delves this would just generate free money for me. I craft for 1/3 market price, sell for 1/2. I'd eat a tiny tiny loss on the magical enhancements I craft for 52.5% market price, which is easily offset by the 16.7K base price of adamantine plate. Replacing my armor alone would net me a profit of about 2,500 GP. It feels a bit exploitative of the generous crafting rules, so I'd rather say I keep my existing gear and can improve it to conform to my new Crafting modifier.

Also, I feel like rolling the Xansia dice again. Let's get a Xansia-craft Desert Wind Cloak, market price 3000 GP(ToB p. 150). Probably for my zombie, but if the negative effect is something I can deal with I might upgrade the Xansia one to Scholar instead and give my old cloak to the zombie.

Aegis013
2022-06-29, 02:55 PM
@Aegis Can I use my better crafting skill to improve my gear after the fact? It might perhaps be more realistic to start from scratch. But here's the thing, with the infinite crafting time between Delves this would just generate free money for me. I craft for 1/3 market price, sell for 1/2. I'd eat a tiny tiny loss on the magical enhancements I craft for 52.5% market price, which is easily offset by the 16.7K base price of adamantine plate. Replacing my armor alone would net me a profit of about 2,500 GP. It feels a bit exploitative of the generous crafting rules, so I'd rather say I keep my existing gear and can improve it to conform to my new Crafting modifier.

Also, I feel like rolling the Xansia dice again. Let's get a Xansia-craft Desert Wind Cloak, market price 3000 GP(ToB p. 150). Probably for my zombie, but if the negative effect is something I can deal with I might upgrade the Xansia one to Scholar instead and give my old cloak to the zombie.

Improving gear after the fact is fine. Any infinite gp loop attempted will be quashed.

I'll get something together for the Xansia effect on the cloak. Orchid can aim for a reduced or increased drawback, I'm going to assume reduced drawback is desired unless otherwise specified.

whoiam
2022-06-29, 03:50 PM
In that case, perhaps we should agree a nominal per-item upgrade fee? Before, when I was selling off equipment to get it remade with higher stats, Solstafir got a commission payment out of me each time... Maybe a flat 100gp each time I want an item adjusted?

TheFallenOne
2022-06-30, 02:25 AM
Oh I completely missed that then, my apologies. I thought you went for a different material, or switched to large size.

whoiam
2022-06-30, 02:36 AM
Oh I completely missed that then, my apologies. I thought you went for a different material, or switched to large size.

While I certainly have in the past, this level I was just getting an identical copy of my chain so I could get the stat bonuses loaded on.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-01, 11:36 AM
Alright, with the new cash and Solstafir's new limit on equipment improvements, I need a price check and to mention some things.

@Aegis Are Beast Claws from Savage Species(p.49) permitted?

If so, then from Solstafir, I'd like a price check on Adamantine Spiked Gauntlets. With a DC of 12(I think), it should be possible to fit 7 improvements. Since it uses the normal damage of my claws, as much as possible should instead go into crit. So, three into improving Crit multiplier(to x4) and three into crit range( to 18-20) with one left over.

Aside from that, I also need the following: I'd also like a 50 set of Adamantine Arrows.

A MW Dragonbone Composite Longbow(+0) with the following improvements(6 I think): one into crit multiplier(x4) Three into range increment(150), and one into threat range(19-20). I'll be saving the last improvement to further boost threat range whenever Solstafir would hit the threshold for longbows. I'll be using this to make a Bow of the Wintermoon.

Her Mechanus Gear will be adjusted as such: Three to boost movement as before(to 25), One to Max Dex Bonus(+3), one to ACP(-4).

Aegis013
2022-07-01, 02:18 PM
@Aegis Are Beast Claws from Savage Species(p.49) permitted?

Yes. Beast Claws are fine as long as someone can craft them.

TheFallenOne, here's the Xansia Desert Wind Cloak:
Works as a Desert Wind Cloak with the following changes:
You may ignore the number of maneuvers known prerequisites when selecting the maneuver and stance granted by this Cloak.
In addition to the normal maneuver granted, you may also assume a Desert Wind stance of your choice, which you select at the time the maneuver is selected and can't be changed unless the maneuver known is changed. If you exit the stance you may not reenter it for 24 hours as it is not considered a known stance.
You must still meet the IL requirements to select a maneuver or assume a stance.

Drawback: Spontaneous Detonation
The potent enhancement granted by this item isn't fully stable, and sometimes causes spontaneous detonation.

Anytime the maneuver granted by this item is used, there is a 5% chance the wearer spontaneously detonates, this detonation deals 2d6 per IL of the wearer to all creatures in a 40ft radius of the wearer, including damaging the wearer. If an attack roll is required, detonation occurs on a natural 1, if no attack is required, roll a d20 and on a 1, detonation occurs.
If the wearer of the cloak dies or is destroyed, the magical detonation is especially violent, dealing 4d6/IL fire damage in a 40ft radius.

A reflex save of DC 10 + level of maneuver selected + Wis modifier is allowed for any creature other than the wearer to receive half damage. The wearer does not get a save against detonation.

I also realized I haven't generated the shops in town. I'll get that up a bit later today in the IC thread.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-06, 10:59 AM
Updated my level up post. Since there's a game jam I want to participate in coming up, if anyone more commissions come in I'll just save the profits to use after the next run.

Couple of questions for you Aegis. First, so you still want me to roll UMD for crafting magic items? I can basically access any spell up to 4th level through Spell Storing item without incurring the normal xp cost of that infusion so I think passing her UMD is pretty much a given now for crafting, on top of that this level I can now use Concurrent Infusions(MoE 94-95) to cast three different level 1 infusions(I.E Spell Storing Item) with my one level 4 infusion.

Second, does Graft Mastery only apply grafts on Orchid or does every graft she make provide +1 max HP?

Aegis013
2022-07-06, 12:07 PM
Updated my level up post. Since there's a game jam I want to participate in coming up, if anyone more commissions come in I'll just save the profits to use after the next run.

Couple of questions for you Aegis. First, so you still want me to roll UMD for crafting magic items? I can basically access any spell up to 4th level through Spell Storing item without incurring the normal xp cost of that infusion so I think passing her UMD is pretty much a given now for crafting, on top of that this level I can now use Concurrent Infusions(MoE 94-95) to cast three different level 1 infusions(I.E Spell Storing Item) with my one level 4 infusion.

Second, does Graft Mastery only apply grafts on Orchid or does every graft she make provide +1 max HP?

I'm not aware of any rule anywhere that allows a Spell Storing Item to substitute for the spell during crafting but it might exist, if you can point me towards it then I'll agree you could bypass UMD. Otherwise, I'd think UMD would still be necessary for the same reason a Sorcerer wouldn't meet the crafting prerequisites of an item that requires a spell she doesn't know simply because she owns a wand of that spell - she doesn't actually know the spell or have it prepared which is the requirement per the crafting rules.

Graft Mastery only applies to grafts on Orchid, they don't alter grafts Orchid applies to others.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-06, 12:46 PM
I'm not aware of any rule anywhere that allows a Spell Storing Item to substitute for the spell during crafting but it might exist, if you can point me towards it then I'll agree you could bypass UMD. Otherwise, I'd think UMD would still be necessary for the same reason a Sorcerer wouldn't meet the crafting prerequisites of an item that requires a spell she doesn't know simply because she owns a wand of that spell - she doesn't actually know the spell or have it prepared which is the requirement per the crafting rules.

Graft Mastery only applies to grafts on Orchid, they don't alter grafts Orchid applies to others.

Gotcha.

I was suggesting skipping UMD since I could just cast enough magic to boost my UMD to something stupid, plus according to the Item Creation feature this use of UMD doesn't explicitly fail on a 1. For reference, to emulate a spell it is a UMD check with a DC of (20 + caster level) to emulate the spell. I.E, any 3rd level spell like Fireball requires a UMD check of DC 25, a 9th level spell like Timestop requires a UMD check of DC 37.

The following is the break down on what Orchid can achieve on a roll of one. 1(minimum dice roll) + 11 ranks + 4 Cha + 13 Divine Insight(Spell Compendium, Insight) + 4 Improvisation(Spell Compendium, Luck) + 3 Skill Focus = 36. With a roll of 36, Orchid can successfully emulate any spell level up to 8th level for spell per-requisites. For reference, due to her effective Artificer caster level she limited to emulating spells up to 5th level. Next level, her UMD checks for crafting items might as well be 'yes' due to it being able to hit 9th level spells at that point.

Aegis013
2022-07-06, 02:44 PM
If you would pass on a roll of 1, then yeah, skip the roll. That wasn't how I understood the initial inquiry so thanks for clarifying.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-07, 01:46 AM
How's everyone else looking?

Thundercracker
2022-07-07, 03:11 AM
How's everyone else looking?

Analysis paralysis, is there a deadline?

dantiesilva
2022-07-07, 07:17 AM
Abigale has been done since almost day one of leaving the Dungeon, one of the benefits of her simplicity.

Aegis013
2022-07-07, 09:38 AM

I'll probably look at starting the next delve sometime this weekend unless multiple players want/need additional time.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-07, 11:31 AM

Looking for help?

Thundercracker
2022-07-07, 05:34 PM
Offers / suggestions will not be discounted, much appreciated. This level I want to bump my weapons, get crafted kurki that expand the crit multiplier and then put enchantments on them, since I already have the keen edge wand, and the auto nat20 ability. Not sure which enchantments to get.

Yas392
2022-07-07, 05:54 PM
Orchid's has not and is still stuck emulating 5th level spells at best. Though now she can basically access any spell up to 4th level through Spell Storing item without incurring the normal xp cost of that infusion so I think passing her UMD is pretty much a given now for crafting. Aegis, do you still want me to roll UMD for crafting items?

EDIT: 13110gp actually and 7999 xp.

I seem to be neglecting this thread. Going to be doing my sheet now.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-08, 12:04 AM
Offers / suggestions will not be discounted, much appreciated. This level I want to bump my weapons, get crafted kurki that expand the crit multiplier and then put enchantments on them, since I already have the keen edge wand, and the auto nat20 ability. Not sure which enchantments to get.
So I got a list of suggestions.

You could do what I did, and get a new composite bow(+0) made with dragonbone to get the +20ft range increment and then turn it into a Bow of Wintermoon(MIC) which makes it always adjust to your strength bonus.
buy a replacement teleport stone since we used the last ones and these will at least be reusable now.
Get the True Believer(Ehlonna) feat and buy two raptor arrows(MIC). They basically have bane(everything).
Scrolls for a rainy dungeon run
Magebane(MIC) is hard to go wrong with on weapons. You could also look at Dispelling, Greater(MIC) if you want to rip some buffs away for free. Eager(MIC) is a free +2 init. Energy Surge(MIC) can provide some more free damage, but it's uses might be limited too much by your con. You might like Enervating(MIC) since it dishes out negative levels without saves, but you might not want that all the time in case of undead. Heavenly(MIC) is a 3d6 against evil(in our case anything in the dungeon) creatures on crit. Holy Surge(MIC) goes right on it too. There's also a lot more other good stuff just in the MIC.
Feathered Wings(Fiend Folio) graft is fly speed equal to your movement with average maneuverability.

dantiesilva
2022-07-08, 01:03 AM
Sadly I am not much help, I tend to take VoP as the hassle of buying stuff is often more trouble then its worth (or I go with a theme a bit to hard and end up losing power for flavor, which I mean is fun for me, but not everyones cup of tea).

Yas392
2022-07-08, 11:12 AM
Tentative Purchases XP (7999 xp; May subject to change)

Travel Devotion (2,000 xp)
Iron Will & Lightning Reflexes (1,000 xp)
Planar Touchstone: Catalogue of Enlightenment; Inquisitor Domain (2010 xp)
Extra Invocation (All-Seeing Eye) (1000 xp)
Open-Minded (1000 xp)

Remaining XP: 0 xp (989 xp converted to gold)

Tentative Purchases Gold (18603 gold; May subject to change)

Planar Touchstone (250 gold)
Shadow Cloak (4485.94 gold; 1237 gold and 5 silver commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Glove of the Master Strategist (1957.5 gold; 540 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Escape Stone (271.88 gold; 75 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Upping Mithral Chain Shirt to +3 (4900 gold; 1,200 gold commission paid to Solstafir) (Solstafir)
Crystal of Adaptation, Greater (1631.25 gold; 450 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Crystal of Adaptation, Least (Sold for 250 gold)
Fast Legs x2 (4350 gold; 1,200 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Dispelling Cord (543.75 gold; 150 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Masterwork Tools x2 (100 gold)

Remaining gold: 177 gold 8 silver 2 copper

Thundercracker
2022-07-08, 10:38 PM
Request feat costs for:
Telling Blow (Gain sneak attack damage on critical hits)
Sense Weakness (Combat expertise, weapon focus, when using a weapon you are focused in, ignore up to 5 points of DR).
Disemboweling Strike (weapon focus any slashing, -4d6 sneak attack, deals 1d4 con damage)
Improved Skirmish (+2d6 skirmish and +1 AC after moving 20')
Swift Ambusher (rogue and scout levels stack for skirmish).
Can we put the feat cost list on page 1 of the OOC to find it easier?

Right now looking at:

Combat Expertise - 500
Mobility - 500
Solstafir mastercrafted adamantine kukri +1 (with improved crit multiplier, what would be the cost?)
I'd like to get the prismatic burst ability on one of them, which is +30k GP and CL13, can that be done by any of our crafters?

QuadraticGish
2022-07-08, 11:45 PM
I'd like to get the prismatic burst ability on one of them, which is +30k GP and CL13, can that be done by any of our crafters?
I can't really do it sooner than 11th level unless we somehow come across a scroll of Prismatic Spray or some other item that is capable of casting it.

TheFallenOne
2022-07-09, 04:57 AM
Noticed a mistake with my purchases. I forgot my axe was already a +2 equivalent with Martial Discipline Weapon, so I underspent when adding Soulbound. That means I can't afford the Xansia item now. I'll still buy it after the next Delve because not taking it after the effect was revealed doesn't seem fair play.

Oh and I get a replacement Escape Stone too, 500 GP I believe unless Orchid can produce them.

The luxury route:
Abyssal Bloodiron(PlH p. 69) kukri, pierces DR as cold iron, untyped +4 on critical hit confirmation. 10.000 GP, which I craft for 1/3 plus 15% comission. Careful though, each magical enhancement costs an additional 2000 GP with this material. In the long-term a +5 going from 50.000 GP to 60.000 GP. Might be worth it if you really want to go all-in on the crit fishing.

In the same vein, you might go for a simple +3 instead of any special effects. +3 gives access to greater weapon crystals, with Truedeath allowing sneak attacks and critical hits against undead, and Demolition doing the same for constructs. Unless of course you already have another way set up to bypass immunity beyond that fancy 1/encounter ability.

As for the kukris, I can currently make them at 1d6 base damage, 17-20/x4 for some nice oomph. If you go for Strongarm Bracers I can make them a size larger, 1d8 base damage. Doesn't seem worth the item slot though for just 1 average damage.

As for the prismatic, my CL is 3x Iron Soul Forgemaster level, so I can hit CL 13 at level 11 too.

Thundercracker
2022-07-09, 07:18 AM
I have penetrating strike already, which allows sneak attack against anything.

For the Kurkis, We can eschew the expanded crit threat range bc I have a wand of keen strike for that.
Might be a good idea to wait on the weapons and get Mithral breastplate +1 and add a miss chance to it or something…

TheFallenOne
2022-07-09, 08:24 AM
The crafting increases the base crit chance, so should stack with Keen. Though we definitely should set a maximum base crit just like we set max modifier at x4, otherwise things could get out of hand quick.

As for armour, my recommendation would be mithral fullplate, distributing my 25 above DC as +2 max dex(+15), +1 armor(+5), -5 movement speed reduction(+5). Net result: 9 base armor, 5 max dex, at the cost of 3 armor check penalty and five feet of movement. Cost: 3550 to craft, 1,597.5 comission. Quite cheap for 4 points of extra armor, or 5 with a +1.

Yas392
2022-07-09, 12:53 PM
@Aegis013 Can I get costs for these?

Planar Touchstone
Soultouched Spellcasting

Aegis013
2022-07-09, 02:31 PM
Request feat costs for:
Can we put the feat cost list on page 1 of the OOC to find it easier?

Telling Blow 2,000xp
Sense Weakness 2,000xp
Disemboweling Strike 2,000xp
Improved Skirmish 2,000xp
Swift Ambusher 2,000xp

Excellent idea. Done. The feat cost compendium is in the OP, in spoilers at the end.

@Aegis013 Can I get costs for these?

Planar Touchstone
Soultouched Spellcasting

Soultouched Spellcasting 2,000

I've read through the Planar Touchstone information in Planar Handbook since you're requesting it. It's material I haven't personally used previously. If I understand it correctly, you could choose to attune to any planar sight to get the base ability if you take the Planar Touchstone feat, making it pretty much a variety grab bag of small or interesting benefits. Though to get any of the Higher-Order/improved abilities you'd have to meet specific conditions.

How would you want the Higher-Order Abilities to work? Spend XP to skip to say Levi or other purchasing character completed the conditions during their time in Solum (off-screen)? Add Touchstone powers into the potential loot items in the Dungeon? Something completely different?

It's hard to price due to the complexity of the feat.

Yas392
2022-07-09, 02:39 PM
Nothing complex. I am aiming for the base ability from Catalogues of Enlightenment for the domain granted power, not any higher order abilities.

Aegis013
2022-07-10, 12:17 PM
Planar Touchstone - 2,000XP - you can pick your base ability before each delve.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-10, 04:17 PM
Looks like we're in for some real **** now.

dantiesilva
2022-07-10, 04:28 PM
Just keep your hand on a wall and nothing bad can happen. Might take twice as long to do, but we will eventually get out lol

Yas392
2022-07-11, 07:38 AM
Is it me or did we get more skill points? I am not sure how I got 40.

@Aegis013 What is the cost for dash feat? Do we suffer penalties for grafts (e.g committing evil acts if we graft or have someone graft fiendish grafts on us)? Can I buy an unlimited charge dispelling cord?

Thundercracker
2022-07-11, 08:18 AM
Advancement:

Rogue 5- no change to BAB or Saves
Cloistered Cleric 8 - +1 fort, will
Stat +1 Wis
HP: [roll0]
13 skill points: 6 knowledges, tumble, disable device, 5 concentration.
feats:
combat expertise 500
mobility 500
Telling Blow 1000
Sense Weakness 2000
Cleave 1000

2k xp converted to 10k gold, plus 13110gp, to purchase:

escape stone 500
abyssal bloodiron kukri 3833.33
+1 4000
+1 4000
mithral fullplate 4947
+1 1000

leave 996.33 gp left over.
Let me know if anything is wrong with my math.

Also, what would boots of continuous divine insight cost? For next level, because skill checks...

Edit: Also yes, I'm going to go full out on the crits, with blood in the water stance plus dervish (dance) next level to rack up untyped +1/+1's for every crit I land.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-11, 09:04 AM
Also, what would boots of continuous divine insight cost? For next level, because skill checks...
We aren't allowed to make custom magic items.

Yas392
2022-07-11, 10:04 AM
OK. We get 2 extra skill points it seems.

dantiesilva
2022-07-11, 11:02 AM
I'm heading to work now, I do have mass resist energy prepared so save your infusion. They are more versatile than my buff and heal list.

Aegis013
2022-07-11, 12:02 PM
Is it me or did we get more skill points? I am not sure how I got 40.

@Aegis013 What is the cost for dash feat? Do we suffer penalties for grafts (e.g committing evil acts if we graft or have someone graft fiendish grafts on us)? Can I buy an unlimited charge dispelling cord?

Looks like you found the additional skill points answer in the Big 16.

Dash - 1,000 XP

No on the limitless dispelling cord (custom items exist but aren't available for purchase/craft). You could buy a small set and basically have it be 5/encounter and just swap out between the set between fights since you usually have a bit of time.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-11, 12:15 PM
Do we suffer penalties for grafts (e.g committing evil acts if we graft or have someone graft fiendish grafts on us)?
Grafts specifically made by Orchid have all their downsides/penalties removed.

Yas392
2022-07-11, 01:03 PM
Looks like you found the additional skill points answer in the Big 16.

Dash - 1,000 XP

No on the limitless dispelling cord (custom items exist but aren't available for purchase/craft). You could buy a small set and basically have it be 5/encounter and just swap out between the set between fights since you usually have a bit of time.

I do not see it in big 16. It must have came up somewhere in the previous or current thread.

Grafts specifically made by Orchid have all their downsides/penalties removed.

Nice. I am going to order a pair of replacement fast legs for Levi then. Levi is very slow with those little legs.

@TheFallenOne Do we get free 500 gold for subsequent armor purchases or is it just the first?

Just finishing up before I post. I want to make adjustments to Levi before I perform his actions for him.

Aegis013
2022-07-11, 01:14 PM
I do not see it in big 16. It must have came up somewhere in the previous or current thread.

Nice. I am going to order a pair of replacement fast legs for Levi then. Levi is very slow with those little legs.

@TheFallenOne Do we get free 500 gold for subsequent armor purchases or is it just the first?

Just finishing up before I post. I want to make adjustments to Levi before I perform his actions for him.

I must've misremembered, I've done games with skill point bumps in the past but you're right that it's not in the 16.

Yas392
2022-07-11, 01:42 PM
Bindings for the Day

Tenebrous (Rebuke Undead): [roll0]

Dantalion: [roll1]

Forgemaster Zhrine: [roll2]

EDIT: OK. A vain halfling. I can play that.

EDIT2: Will be posting IC later today.

whoiam
2022-07-11, 06:53 PM
So, I'd finished my (original) spending with 1640.54 gp remaining. Due to the ruling on not having to remake equipment to get Solstafir's crafting bonuses, I can reverse out the net costs of remaking the chain (returning 756.5 GP to Liselle, and making her 500GP crafting allowance available again. And costing Solstafir 2351.25gp in commission fees.

Liselle then gets 1500gp of Memorabilia made (using up her 500 gp crafting allowance, and paying Solstafir 225 GP out-of-pocket for 750gp in sales).

Since I never spotted any counter-proposal, Liselle will pay Solstafir 600GP for improving the inherent bonuses on all 6 of her main weapons and armor (the Greatsword, Chain, Scimitar, Kukri, Flail and Breastplate).

This adjusts Solstafir's commission down to 825 gp.

Then the 500GP I forgot for replacing her escape stone.

Liselle finishes her shopping with 1817.04 gp remaining.

For her new powers, Liselle gets three this level: 2 naturally (Keen Edge and Touchsight), and one from her Psion 5 Bonus Feat (Expanded Knowledge - Psionic Lion's Charge).

She does not get an extra maneuver or stance this level, and I do not wish to exchange any of her current suite.

The Greatsword and Flail are getting second damage die upgrades.

The Chain, Scimitar and Kukri are getting threat range expansions.

Her Breastplate now gives +3 AC.

Aegis013
2022-07-12, 07:33 PM
It would make sense to determine a marching order, since you'll be stuck moving single file for the most part.

I intend to move us forward tomorrow sometime unless something prompts progress forward earlier.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-12, 09:27 PM
Marching order might be complicated. I'm not sure where Orchid will fit since while she is a caster, she also received a significant amount of bulk this level too.

dantiesilva
2022-07-12, 09:35 PM
Abigale can summon a glowing orb of healing for like a min so having her in the middle/back should be fine. I think we should have our two main melees in the very front and very back though, followed by secondaries or healers behind them. With artillery/healers taking up the middle.

Yas392
2022-07-12, 11:27 PM
If he is scouting, Levi is going first. Since he is flying, he is not cram with others.

@Aegis013 Any results for his checks?

Aegis013
2022-07-13, 05:12 PM
IC post is up.

Levi found the Black Pudding and some danger, though there wasn't much to spot beyond the opaque black ooze blocking your vision and not much to hear either.

TheFallenOne
2022-07-14, 12:00 AM
I might have caught the Rona, either way I can barely leave bed so please carry on without me for a bit.

Thundercracker
2022-07-14, 12:13 AM
Knowledge checks on the pudding and tentacles, looking for weaknesses, methods of attack, etc.
[roll0] +21 each

Yas392
2022-07-14, 01:21 AM
So Levi got ganked by pudding as he is looking around in which rolls are made in secret and detecting magic in the new area? The checks rolled are for the starting room.

Thundercracker
2022-07-14, 03:11 AM
So Levi got ganked by pudding as he is looking around in which rolls are made in secret and detecting magic in the new area? The checks rolled are for the starting room.

Looks like they all missed. And looks unlike a pudding, rather some incorporeal tentacle monster than drains con.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-14, 09:22 AM
I might have caught the Rona, either way I can barely leave bed so please carry on without me for a bit.

Rest well.

Con drain is pretty nasty and doing it through the wall even more so.

Yas392
2022-07-14, 09:43 AM

Get well soon.

Rest well.

Con drain is pretty nasty and doing it through the wall even more so.

Good thing Levi has precautions up to negate that.

Aegis013
2022-07-14, 10:48 AM

There wasn't anything in the starting room so I just moved us forward using the same rolls you'd already made and the scouting approach you laid out to the best of my understanding.

I'm hoping for an expedient and full recovery for you. Take all the time you need.

dantiesilva
2022-07-14, 11:44 AM
Get well soon The fallenone

I have death ward on my healer side but it's one person at a time. I could also try to destroy it. I would need to roll a 15 or higher on a turn check though, do we have any way to boost our chances of me making that check.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-14, 11:50 AM

I have death ward on my healer side but it's one person at a time. I could also try to destroy it. I would need to roll a 15 or higher on a turn check though, do we have any way to boost our chances of me making that check.

If you can dig up a spell and tell Orchid, she can burn a first level infusion to bring it out as long as it's 4th level spell or less.

dantiesilva
2022-07-14, 12:03 PM
Okay once Abigale is informed of the ghostly tentecals she will inform Orchid about the spell she is about to cast and what it does so between the two of them they can cover the party

Yas392
2022-07-14, 01:38 PM
There wasn't anything in the starting room so I just moved us forward using the same rolls you'd already made and the scouting approach you laid out to the best of my understanding.

It was my mistake rolling one set. I should have led with two sets of spot/listen/search minus hide/move silently/spellcraft/dispel if Levi already rolled stealth. I'll do that in the future and I would not mind if you roll for Levi if I missed the spot/listen/search/spellcraft/dispel checks for the scouting ahead of time. I believe I am rolling them for blindsense in case if needed.

Don't need to cover Levi. He is immune to ability damage, ability drain and energy drain.

Aegis013
2022-07-15, 08:58 AM
Knowledge checks on the pudding and tentacles, looking for weaknesses, methods of attack, etc.
[roll0] +21 each

Based on the description Levi would be able to provide, it sounds like:
A Black Pudding - an acidic blob that will attempt to subsume and dissolve organisms and metals, which probably shouldn't be attacked with slashing/piercing weapons as they're both ineffective and cause the Black Pudding to divide.

Some wraiths - incorporeal undead that drain life and create more of themselves through touch.

Aegis013
2022-07-18, 12:41 PM
I know TheFallenOne is sick, but is there anything else that's holding us up? I'm happy to try to clear anything up as needed.

Liselle and Alistair have combat actions now that the team is aware of the enemies even though it may take a few rounds for the enemies to get to you if you just wait around.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-18, 01:43 PM
Just been waiting for my turn pretty much.

Yas392
2022-07-18, 01:54 PM
Same. It had been quiet past these few days.

dantiesilva
2022-07-18, 02:56 PM
Same. It had been quiet past these few days.

Third the above messages.

Aegis013
2022-07-18, 05:03 PM
I'm going to move us along then.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-18, 07:35 PM
So, what was that spell Abigale is gonna mention to Orchid?

dantiesilva
2022-07-18, 07:50 PM
At work, but once I get home I'll post, spell is death ward. It will basically shut the wrights down. Problem is 1 target at a time.

Yas392
2022-07-18, 08:52 PM
Oh, wraiths. No wonder blindsense failed.

Aegis013
2022-07-18, 10:27 PM
Oh, wraiths. No wonder blindsense failed.

It's also why Levi didn't see/hear them. Their incorporeal traits make them very hard to detect while they hide inside of the surrounding structure.

Yas392
2022-07-19, 07:15 AM
It's also why Levi didn't see/hear them. Their incorporeal traits make them very hard to detect while they hide inside of the surrounding structure.

I think you may have meant see invisibility. Incorporeal trumps blindsense/blindsight and if they appear, Levi cannot see or hear them without see invisibility/similar spells (which Levi has 24/7) or some kind special sense that detect incorporeal. Even he has both blindsense/see invisibility, it is total cover that obstructed him.

Thundercracker
2022-07-19, 10:56 PM
Don’t have death ward prepared, unfort. Also kind of at a loss here, not sure how to affect incorporeal, I don’t think I have any force related abilities available.

dantiesilva
2022-07-19, 11:59 PM
Don’t have death ward prepared, unfort. Also kind of at a loss here, not sure how to affect incorporeal, I don’t think I have any force related abilities available.

Turn undead? It may not be much, but it could buy us a few rounds so Abigale and possibly orchid could get everyone protected. Or Abigail works on defense while orchid works on putting ghost touch on a few people's weapons.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-20, 12:22 AM
I'll get my post in tomorrow. Had family medical issues pop up today.

Yas392
2022-07-20, 12:34 AM

Reserve Magic if you don't want to waste your resources. Magic weapons and magic are 50-50 but it is better than nothing.

Thundercracker
2022-07-20, 01:38 AM
Reserve Magic if you don't want to waste your resources. Magic weapons and magic are 50-50 but it is better than nothing.

Oh wait, they're undead and can be turned. Derp.

Edit: Does Alistair have line of effect to the Undead to be able to turn them?

QuadraticGish
2022-07-20, 10:01 AM
Orchid will try helping to cover the party in Death Ward. Though, worth noting that she does have Ghost Fighting gauntlets which entirely bypass incorporeality and deal an extra d6 of damage. I also found out that I do have access to giving out the Soulfire armor enchantment with my 3rd level infusions. Though in this case I think Death Ward is enough unless we get into level draining or we end hassled by wraiths longer than expected.

Yas392
2022-07-20, 11:12 AM
Editted to make clear when he will use his rebuke.

Aegis013
2022-07-20, 11:47 AM
Oh wait, they're undead and can be turned. Derp.

Edit: Does Alistair have line of effect to the Undead to be able to turn them?

There's no line of effect while they're in the walls - you'd need to use a readied action to trigger when they attack, meaning you could only turn one at a time.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-20, 03:15 PM
Looking ahead at stuff I'm thinking about buying in the future and I can't find an answer to this question. If you wear armor and bracers of armor, both with their different sets of armor special abilities, do you get the benefits of both set of special abilities or only one set?

Aegis013
2022-07-20, 06:06 PM
Looking ahead at stuff I'm thinking about buying in the future and I can't find an answer to this question. If you wear armor and bracers of armor, both with their different sets of armor special abilities, do you get the benefits of both set of special abilities or only one set?

I don't think you can put armor enhancements on bracers of armor. I'm pretty sure bracers of armor only provide an armor bonus based on their +value.
Is there something somewhere that specifies otherwise?
Or did I misunderstand the question?

QuadraticGish
2022-07-20, 07:56 PM
I don't think you can put armor enhancements on bracers of armor. I'm pretty sure bracers of armor only provide an armor bonus based on their +value.
Is there something somewhere that specifies otherwise?
Or did I misunderstand the question?

Huh. I actually checked and you can't do it in 3.5. I only brought it up because in Pathfinder you could actually trade plusses for special abilities. So, my question is answered now for the game I suppose.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-21, 02:15 PM
Death Ward immediately paying off.

Aegis013
2022-07-21, 03:13 PM
Death Ward immediately paying off.

Does Death Ward actually protect from ability drain?
I don't see that in the 3.5 spell description: it says it protects from "death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects".

Energy drain (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Energy_Drain,_Negative_Levels,_and_Level_Loss) seems to be specifically related to negative levels and level loss, but I don't see any interaction between death ward and ability drain.

I'm open to being shown something else though. Or allowing a different action. Sheltered Vitality (SpC) would unambiguously do it and is also a 4th level spell.

I've also been unintentionally neglecting to auto roll the DC 14 fort save to resist it, which should be a pretty easy check for this group.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-21, 06:37 PM
Huh. I thought it covered ability drain because I believe that to be a negative energy effect but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yas392
2022-07-21, 10:15 PM
Do I roll for the wraith that Levi rebuked if Levi commands them to do something?

Aegis013
2022-07-21, 11:05 PM
Do I roll for the wraith that Levi rebuked if Levi commands them to do something?

You're welcome to roll for it. It's a standard wraith. It takes a standard action to command it, though it will continue to execute the command in a reasonable fashion until it no longer makes sense or new commands are issued.

dantiesilva
2022-07-21, 11:18 PM
That's odd, it's the go to I'm immune to everything undead related spell. Well I am sorry for that then, I have never run into a situation where it hasn't worked (including games I fought dread wraiths). Must have been a house rule. My bad.

Just looked up the spell online, I'm on my phone at the moment, but it does clearly state in the srd energy drain, damn that's def one on me.

Yas392
2022-07-22, 12:02 AM
Just a question. Isn't Levi's check high enough to rebuke multiple wraiths?

Aegis013
2022-07-22, 09:58 AM
Just a question. Isn't Levi's check high enough to rebuke multiple wraiths?

There's no line of effect with them in the walls. Their actions are rolled together for the purpose of game pacing, but they don't literally all act simultaneously. Only one wraith attacks at a time so only one could be targeted.

Specified earlier here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25525121&postcount=456) too.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-22, 11:02 AM
I'm considering two options. One, is to just go on the offense and put those ghost fighting gauntlets to use(bypasses incorporeal concealment entirely on attacks and spells) by trying to murder the wraiths as they try to touch us. The other would be getting off a mass reduce person off so most of us can stop being flat-footed.

dantiesilva
2022-07-22, 11:04 AM
Saying now that we know death ward won't help us, I'm going to try and destroy the ooze with a one of my destroy ooze abilities I got from the dwarves (thanks DM getting miles out of that ability already lol)

Yas392
2022-07-22, 05:42 PM
There's no line of effect with them in the walls. Their actions are rolled together for the purpose of game pacing, but they don't literally all act simultaneously. Only one wraith attacks at a time so only one could be targeted.

Specified earlier here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25525121&postcount=456) too.

Derped. Thanks for the bump.

Thundercracker
2022-07-22, 08:01 PM
Since alignment works differently for this game, could I command undead as well? Seems kind of useful to get a powerful undead under our control.

Aegis013
2022-07-22, 08:20 PM
Since alignment works differently for this game, could I command undead as well? Seems kind of useful to get a powerful undead under our control.

That's a good question. I'm 100% behind choosing if you want Turn or Rebuke when you obtain the feature, but not certain about choosing with each use. Admittedly, Rebuke is probably stronger than Turn in most situations though.

Since it wasn't addressed previously I'd allow if you'd prefer to have Rebuke instead of Turn going forward (and we can retroactively put Wraith 2 under Alistair's control).

Thundercracker
2022-07-22, 10:18 PM
That's a good question. I'm 100% behind choosing if you want Turn or Rebuke when you obtain the feature, but not certain about choosing with each use. Admittedly, Rebuke is probably stronger than Turn in most situations though.

Since it wasn't addressed previously I'd allow if you'd prefer to have Rebuke instead of Turn going forward (and we can retroactively put Wraith 2 under Alistair's control).

Hooray, much appreciated. Going to command the wraith to attack the ooze as well. Let me know if I should make a new post or amend the existing post or let them be.

Aegis013
2022-07-22, 10:57 PM
I updated my IC post and the enemy status, you can edit yours or leave it as you see fit.

dantiesilva
2022-07-22, 11:15 PM
(1d20+7)[27] OOC I know I basically need a nat 20 to make this work, IC Abigale doesn't however so, yolo

Dice gods I have NEVER been so happy for you come through for me before. OMG, goodbye Ooze

QuadraticGish
2022-07-22, 11:39 PM
Oh yeah, gotta roll fort to see if Orchid saves since she did get touched. [roll0]

Also, killer turn roll.

Yas392
2022-07-23, 12:49 AM
Did Abigail just one-shot the ooze?

dantiesilva
2022-07-23, 01:01 AM
Yeah, a weaker version has one shot a nightwalker 5 levels higher than her before as well as a boneyard before it could even attack. Undead are a cake walk for her. Our DM just made it so she has a chance against the few other things she can actually hurt now.

Aegis013
2022-07-23, 10:23 AM
I realize I made a mistake - Alistair's Rebuke attempt would allow up to 9 HD max of undead since while I think kn devotion would unambiguously count on Turn Damage, but whether it counted or not on the Turn/Rebuke check it would only get him up to 16 (I'd lean towards it doesn't since it's not an attack roll), which is CL+2 or a max of 9, wraiths have 5 HD so it would only be rebuked and cower in fear since you need to Turn/Rebuke double the HD of the undead to get the Destroy/Command effects.

Since I didn't catch it this time and explicitly announced the wraith had fallen under Alistair's command, we'll continue with wraith 2 being under Alistair's command.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-24, 10:21 AM
Best idea I have on hand is that I could burn a 3rd level infusion to grant our trap thief Greater Fire Resistance(Fire Resistance 30) for 80 minutes. If it proves a hard find, I could also give them Find Traps through spell storing item.

Thundercracker
2022-07-24, 11:27 AM
Alistair is a rogue and has disable device at +13, +16 if taking off armor first. What do you think?

QuadraticGish
2022-07-24, 11:40 AM
Just did a quick look over and apparently Liselle has a +20 to the task already. It might be the best to load her up with it and send her out.

Aegis013
2022-07-24, 11:56 AM
That doesn't mean Alistair's skills wouldn't still be valuable. I'm generally happy to allow those with a specific task in which it's sensible to work cooperatively (e.g. Disable Device) to all roll, and the lower results become Aid Another for the best result as long as they beat that meager DC 10 for Aid Another.

Yas392
2022-07-24, 01:05 PM
@Aegis013 I did list dispel as an automatic action for Levi. I am not sure why is it not applied.

Aegis013
2022-07-24, 02:05 PM
@Aegis013 I did list dispel as an automatic action for Levi. I am not sure why is it not applied.

First, I referenced your sheet and can't find a specific list of preferred actions/tactics for various scenarios nor is it listed in your normal OOC spoiler for IC posts, so I do my best with what I remember which isn't perfect. If you wrote it in the Private Notes section, those are private and I can't see them.

Second, because I just don't know exactly what that would accomplish or why Levi would do that, nor how the team wants to approach this obstacle since magical traps can be destroyed or turned into extra loot. After all the exact location of the "device" hasn't yet been found, just that there is a magical trap set up in this room. Levi has the ability to spam area Dispel Magic until the aura goes down for 1d4 rounds, but then what? What other information would you really gain from that since your character wouldn't know the precise time before the trap restarts?

I'll do my best with what you've told me or with whats on your sheet to make obvious actions occur for pacing purposes, but ultimately, I don't want to control the PCs unless I have to and even then I recognize I do a sub-par job of utilizing them; just look at all the actions I've made Liselle and Solstafir take, I'm pretty sure there were better options in the previous encounter for them then just spamming attack.

Please don't expect me to play your character perfectly for you, I'm simply not able to do that. Additionally, I ask that you try to please be patient with me as I do my best but I will inevitably make mistakes quite frequently.

Yas392
2022-07-24, 02:40 PM
First, I referenced your sheet and can't find a specific list of preferred actions/tactics for various scenarios nor is it listed in your normal OOC spoiler for IC posts, so I do my best with what I remember which isn't perfect. If you wrote it in the Private Notes section, those are private and I can't see them.

Second, because I just don't know exactly what that would accomplish or why Levi would do that, nor how the team wants to approach this obstacle since magical traps can be destroyed or turned into extra loot. After all the exact location of the "device" hasn't yet been found, just that there is a magical trap set up in this room. Levi has the ability to spam area Dispel Magic until the aura goes down for 1d4 rounds, but then what? What other information would you really gain from that since your character wouldn't know the precise time before the trap restarts?

I'll do my best with what you've told me or with whats on your sheet to make obvious actions occur for pacing purposes, but ultimately, I don't want to control the PCs unless I have to and even then I recognize I do a sub-par job of utilizing them; just look at all the actions I've made Liselle and Solstafir take, I'm pretty sure there were better options in the previous encounter for them then just spamming attack.

Please don't expect me to play your character perfectly for you, I'm simply not able to do that. Additionally, I ask that you try to please be patient with me as I do my best but I will inevitably make mistakes quite frequently.

Noted.

I'll keep in mind that you are responding/stopping some actions for the benefit of the group in specific junctions.

I have now added the Automatic Method of Scouting per room in order on statblock section of the sheet for easier viewing/backtracking.

Aegis013
2022-07-24, 03:01 PM
I realized I made another blunder, magic traps are magic items and thus wouldn't be subject to the Area version of Dispel Magic based on the spell description which specifies it effects ongoing spell effects on objects, but doesn't affect magic items (which magic traps are magic items, just unusually dangerous ones).

Not all is lost though, since this would actually uncover new information. IC post upcoming.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-24, 07:25 PM
Not quite sure how to go about this one off hand.

Aegis013
2022-07-24, 09:57 PM
The fire resistance sounded like a good idea to me, though there's the complicating factor of whatever the second trap might be since it's probably not a second Blast of Flame trap.

The wraiths are fairly likely to avoid the damage from the fire with their incorporeal traits, unlike the swarms, which might give you the effect of the second trap so you can take countermeasures, though the wraiths under your command may be quite valuable in later encounters so it's up to the group's view of the cost/benefit of risking them or burning the fire resistance on a pawn you'll need to dispose of later, I guess.

Or you may have some other method of dealing with it that's totally different.

QuadraticGish
2022-07-25, 11:15 AM
The fire resistance sounded like a good idea to me, though there's the complicating factor of whatever the second trap might be since it's probably not a second Blast of Flame trap.

The wraiths are fairly likely to avoid the damage from the fire with their incorporeal traits, unlike the swarms, which might give you the effect of the second trap so you can take countermeasures, though the wraiths under your command may be quite valuable in later encounters so it's up to the group's view of the cost/benefit of risking them or burning the fire resistance on a pawn you'll need to dispose of later, I guess.

Or you may have some other method of dealing with it that's totally different.

I was mainly suggesting using the wraith's tactics actually. Just have them examine the rooms from insides the walls of the room so we can find out if there are any secret compartments containing anything while avoiding any contact from the trap in the slightest. After we exhaust that, then we could see about using them for the actual inside room itself.

Aegis013
2022-07-28, 08:06 PM
I think you would need to have the traps themselves to be able to utilize an Artificer's Monocle's effects on them since you need to "study the item". Since the exact location of the traps are unknown, I don't think that would work.

The big issue here is that with these magical traps, you'll have to go into the area of effects in order to ascertain their exact locations with a Search check from someone with Trapfinding (Alistair or Liselle, in this case). By testing the limits with multiple swarms over a long period, you'd be able to determine the traps are basically placed in some configuration to protect each other.

Failed Will Saves on the second trap make the swarms simply vanish.

dantiesilva
2022-07-28, 08:53 PM
I got nothing to contribute here

Yas392
2022-07-28, 09:34 PM
OK. Levi will make arcane knowledge checks on the traps to determine his next actions.

Knowledge (Arcana) check to determine the trap 1 is a magic item or trap with permanency spell cast on them: [roll0]

Knowledge (Arcana) check to determine the trap 2 is a magic item or trap with permanency spell cast on them: [roll1]

QuadraticGish
2022-07-28, 10:50 PM
I think you would need to have the traps themselves to be able to utilize an Artificer's Monocle's effects on them since you need to "study the item". Since the exact location of the traps are unknown, I don't think that would work.

The big issue here is that with these magical traps, you'll have to go into the area of effects in order to ascertain their exact locations with a Search check from someone with Trapfinding (Alistair or Liselle, in this case). By testing the limits with multiple swarms over a long period, you'd be able to determine the traps are basically placed in some configuration to protect each other.

Failed Will Saves on the second trap make the swarms simply vanish.

Orchid has the Disable Trap feature, which allows for magic trap finding. She could buff up to try and locate them but she's useless for disarming them. As said before, if anyone wants to go out there Orchid can burn a 3rd level infusion to drop a Greater Fire Resistance on their armor/clothing.

Aegis013
2022-07-29, 06:48 PM
OK. Levi will make arcane knowledge checks on the traps to determine his next actions.

Knowledge (Arcana) check to determine the trap 1 is a magic item or trap with permanency spell cast on them: [roll0]

Knowledge (Arcana) check to determine the trap 2 is a magic item or trap with permanency spell cast on them: [roll1]

They're magic traps, which are magic items. If it was permanency the Area Dispel magic would be effective since permanency is a spell cast on an object and Dispel Magic explicitly states those can be dispelled by Area Dispel.

Thundercracker
2022-07-29, 10:14 PM
knowledge arcana on the nature of the second trap after observing its effects, take 10 for 26

dantiesilva
2022-07-30, 09:16 PM
Abigail only prepares the one mass resist energy, however she does have a +2 vs fire spells and can add another+3 from her healing kicker. But that's all she can do sadly

QuadraticGish
2022-07-30, 09:31 PM
Alright, Orchid can burn the 3rd level infusion for the Greater Fire Resist for it.

TheFallenOne
2022-07-31, 02:47 PM
Alright, I'm back folks. Indeed had Corona, but I'm fine now.

Reading through the issue with the trap, could we just teleport past the triggers? This could allow us either to avoid them completely or to access their mechanism without entering the area they cover. With Blink Shirt I can Blink up to 50 ft as many times as I want, and while I technically can't take anyone along that is easily bypassed by jumping into my bag of holding.

escape stone 500
+1 4000
+1 4000
mithral fullplate 4947
+1 1000

leave 996.33 gp left over.
Let me know if anything is wrong with my math.

Now before I forget addressing this, you overspent there. I can do the +1 on each item as well with Iron Soul Forgemaster, so you won't have to pay full price but 52.5%+15% comission, saving about a third of the cost.
Oh, and for anyone getting armor done by me I recommend Ysgardian Heartwire, Exalted Deeds p. 38. 1500 GP market price, +2 against critical hit confirmations. Situational, but it can really save your ass from a lucky roll.

Aegis013
2022-07-31, 03:10 PM
Alright, I'm back folks. Indeed had Corona, but I'm fine now.

Reading through the issue with the trap, could we just teleport past the triggers? This could allow us either to avoid them completely or to access their mechanism without entering the area they cover. With Blink Shirt I can Blink up to 50 ft as many times as I want, and while I technically can't take anyone along that is easily bypassed by jumping into my bag of holding.

Glad you're back and recovered.

You can definitely teleport past the trapped area. You'd likely want to leave the haversacks outside of the bag since extradimensional spaces in extradimensional spaces may not play nice together, but Blink Shirt's limitless teleports would let you ferry them all past the traps without issue.