PDA

View Full Version : Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Yas392
2022-09-22, 10:12 PM
3rd in keeping the horn.

TheFallenOne
2022-09-23, 04:48 PM
That goodbye strike crumbles my zombie, even AC 35 is no help against a modifier like that. Pity, its stats were incredible and I even comtemplated researching a ritual to raise its HD so the HP keep up with our level.

Oh well, hydra zombie it is then :smallamused: Now one thing I wonder, I got two things that give a bite attack a debuff(Chained Undead with DC 15 paralysis, spider scimitars with a weak strength poison). Would that go for all bite attacks? Even with the bad DC it would be quite decent by sheer volume. Though Orchid would need to craft some arms onto it to bring the scimitar bonus into play.

Aegis013
2022-09-23, 06:20 PM
That goodbye strike crumbles my zombie, even AC 35 is no help against a modifier like that. Pity, its stats were incredible and I even comtemplated researching a ritual to raise its HD so the HP keep up with our level.

Oh well, hydra zombie it is then :smallamused: Now one thing I wonder, I got two things that give a bite attack a debuff(Chained Undead with DC 15 paralysis, spider scimitars with a weak strength poison). Would that go for all bite attacks? Even with the bad DC it would be quite decent by sheer volume. Though Orchid would need to craft some arms onto it to bring the scimitar bonus into play.

I don't think a Hydra has the right type of limbs to hold the spider scimitars.

You might have to seal one of its mouths shut with a mouthpick weapon (Lords of Madness) to turn the Hydra into a Chained Undead, but the other bites would have the paralysis.

dantiesilva
2022-09-23, 09:47 PM
I will be posting in a few hours.

QuadraticGish
2022-09-24, 12:47 AM
I don't think a Hydra has the right type of limbs to hold the spider scimitars.

You might have to seal one of its mouths shut with a mouthpick weapon (Lords of Madness) to turn the Hydra into a Chained Undead, but the other bites would have the paralysis.

Well, I think Orchid has more than a couple of types of arms to make that could be grafted onto it? EDIT: Internet's fixed, just took an entire day.

Yas392
2022-09-24, 12:51 AM
Alistar and Levi is going to need an undead permit once they return to Solum.

HP for new level: [roll0]

Aegis013
2022-09-24, 07:17 PM
Well, I think Orchid has more than a couple of types of arms to make that could be grafted onto it? EDIT: Internet's fixed, just took an entire day.

I guess several Long Arm grafts would be reasonably affordable, though a Hydra zombie with several weird long arms sticking off it is a bit of a horrifying image.

Alistar and Levi is going to need an undead permit once they return to Solum.

The controlled Wraiths kind of slipped my mind, though there's no cost or anything, you'd just go through the process of getting them off-screen, so to speak.

Did anyone else want to eat the Dungeon Fruits?

Yas392
2022-09-24, 08:08 PM
I am going to make a post about it after looking at Orchid's and Abigail's reaction.

Thundercracker
2022-09-24, 08:32 PM
No fruits for Alistair. Oh, I just had an idea.

dantiesilva
2022-09-24, 10:39 PM
Going to start the level up stuff now if thats okay.

Level 9
+1 Combat Medic/ +1 Healer level
[roll0] +1 from con for hp
9 Skill points
+1 Nature, Religion, Arcana, The Planes, Diplomacy +2 Balance (1 rank), Climb
+.5 BAB, Fort, Ref, Will
Evasion (Combat Medic), Cleanse Blindness (Healer)
+1 3rd and 4th level spell (cleric), +1 1st, 3rd, and 4th level spell, +3 5th (Healer)
9th Level Feat Landlord
+1 AC bonus from VoP

I plan on using Landlord to build a temple in the poor district that follows her tenets not those she was taught at the temple of pelor, in essence making her own religion almost. (Worshiping Life and Death itself, calling them the Father and Mother respectfully). She will use the temple as a hospice and school for those who need it, as well as short term housing. She will have farmland and animals attached to it (even if she has to hire a druid) thus trying to become self sufficient so she can help the poor quarters more. Basically trying to make a light in their (darkness), and the party can of course have a meeting room/area in the temple as well.

Yas392
2022-09-24, 11:54 PM
Is Orchid talking to Abigail or Levi on her second sentence?

EDIT: Also, waiting for response from peeps who ate a fruit. Levi was uninformed IC due to not listening while he was in PTSD/Possessed State.

QuadraticGish
2022-09-25, 09:13 AM
Is Orchid talking to Abigail or Levi on her second sentence?

EDIT: Also, waiting for response from peeps who ate a fruit. Levi was uninformed IC due to not listening while he was in PTSD/Possessed State.

Talking to Abigail.

Yas392
2022-09-25, 11:38 AM
Talking to Abigail.

Post edited.

dantiesilva
2022-09-25, 11:40 PM
Well this should be interesting to see play out, we make our own kingdom inside of Sol that becomes so useful that we become "untouchable" in the political sense allowing us to eventually make our own elixir. Until we get there though we would have to tred carefully or else the royal guard will be sent after us.

@DM how close are we to like Royal Guard level delvers?

QuadraticGish
2022-09-26, 09:36 AM
Orchid's Level
[roll0] + 6 HP
+1 Fort
+1 Will
Features: Aberrant Familiar, Craft Rod,
+1 UMD, +1 Concentration, +2 Search, +2 Decipher Script, +1 Arcana,
1 feat

Spells
Glitterdust no long an SLA, Haste takes its place, 1 3rd level spell(Fireball), 1 4th level spell(Shadow Conjuration)
+1 2nd level spell slot, +1 3rd level spell slot, +2 4th level spellslots
+1 4th level infusion slot

Stuff
Paid GP

Remaining

Starting

-

gp
gp
xp
Reserve
Graft Reserve

-

Solstafir’s Comissions

Thanquil’s Comissions

Alistair’s Commissions

Levi’s Commissions

Liselle’s Comissions

Solstafir’s Stipend

Landlord Feat

Leadership Feat

Abigail’s Commissions

School investment

Perception Seed

Long Armsx2

Add +2 int to helm

Increase Cha boost to +4

+2 dex onto gauntlets

+2 Wis to helm

Res cloak +2 to +3

+2 Deflect to cloak

Turn RoP+1 into essence

+2 to Armor enhancement

+1 natural armor to ammy

Grasping Mandibles

Raptor arrow(existing adamantine arrow)

Solstafir’s Escape Stone

Sting Tail

Immovable Rodsx2

Increase Str Boost to +4

Reduce Elixir penalties

Notable effects of Purchases
Graft Mastery: Bonus HP 28-> 33, +12 skill points,

@Aegis, how much does the Landlord feat cost in XP? In addition, is it possible to spend XP to retain the benefits of the Battle and Stalwart ACFs while removing the downsides? Asking since it's probably time Orchid retrains away the Stalwart one at least.

whoiam
2022-09-26, 09:43 AM
Getting started on Lis' 9th level as well:
[roll0]
Psion 6 (base PP 35, high will progression)
Warblade 9 (access to 5th level maneuvers, full bab, high fort, Warblade Bonus Feat, 4+int skill points)

Things still to pick:
L9 Feat Psicrystal Containment
Warblade Bonus Feat Great Fortitude
New Warblade Maneuver Dancing Mongoose (Tiger Claw)
2 new Psion/Kineticist Powers Dispel Psionics and Sygian Ray
skills
spending

Aegis013
2022-09-26, 02:31 PM
Well this should be interesting to see play out, we make our own kingdom inside of Sol that becomes so useful that we become "untouchable" in the political sense allowing us to eventually make our own elixir. Until we get there though we would have to tred carefully or else the royal guard will be sent after us.

@DM how close are we to like Royal Guard level delvers?

Stronger than the weakest of the Royal Guards (Thanquil got in when the group turned level 6, though some of that might've been nepotism). Maybe not as "strong" (in straight levels) as some of the strongest royal guard, but you might still be more powerful due to gestalt, optimization, extreme wealth and other benefits.

@Aegis, how much does the Landlord feat cost in XP? In addition, is it possible to spend XP to retain the benefits of the Battle and Stalwart ACFs while removing the downsides? Asking since it's probably time Orchid retrains away the Stalwart one at least.

Landlord doesn't allow you to use the funds for anything that can go into the Dungeon, so I'll put it and Leadership at 1,000xp.

Regarding the ACFs, I'll need to take some time to think through if or how I want to handle the potential of retraining ACFs or removing downsides. I'd guess if I open this door there's going to be some unexpected consequences elsewhere.

dantiesilva
2022-09-26, 02:39 PM
How would one go about getting the saint template? Can one buy it with xp?

Aegis013
2022-09-26, 09:16 PM
How would one go about getting the saint template? Can one buy it with xp?

+2 LA is approximately equivalent to +1 gestalt character level. If templates are gained, they're probably going to be from consuming an abundance of Dungeon Fruit/Elixir or from special event like the Key of Safe Passage. If it was for XP I think the price would be so high it would be out of reach for a many levels.

dantiesilva
2022-09-26, 09:29 PM
+2 LA is approximately equivalent to +1 gestalt character level. If templates are gained, they're probably going to be from consuming an abundance of Dungeon Fruit/Elixir or from special event like the Key of Safe Passage. If it was for XP I think the price would be so high it would be out of reach for a many levels.

Damn okay, running out of things to logically spend XP on so was thinking q bit outside the box. All good though great fortitude and such are always useful lol.

Speaking of which how much exp do we have to spend?

QuadraticGish
2022-09-26, 09:32 PM
Damn okay, running out of things to logically spend XP on so was thinking q bit outside the box. All good though great fortitude and such are always useful lol.

Speaking of which how much exp do we have to spend?

Believe it's 16,999.

whoiam
2022-09-26, 09:35 PM
Shouldn't it be 8,999? We're not allowed to spend the 8k that takes us to level 9, just the 9k-1 that we gathered on top of that...

Aegis013
2022-09-26, 09:39 PM
Believe it's 16,999.

Shouldn't it be 8,999? We're not allowed to spend the 8k that takes us to level 9, just the 9k-1 that we gathered on top of that...

It'd be the 8,999 you got above the requirement for level 9.

dantiesilva
2022-09-26, 11:20 PM
It'd be the 8,999 you got above the requirement for level 9.

Constant Guardian 2,000
Lasting Life 1,000
Frostfell Prodigy 1,000
Improved Heat Endurance (assuming same as heat endurance) 1,000
Iron Will 500
Great Fortitude 500
Lightning Reflexes 500

3,499xp remaining

How much would ____ cost?

Improved Toughness
Extra Spell
Cold Focus

I am debating on Leadership though making it take time to get to the full group she is looking for.

Edit: Need cold focus before I can have Frostfell Prodigey

Yas392
2022-09-27, 12:05 AM
Asking for the cost of Improved Flight.

QuadraticGish
2022-09-27, 12:28 PM
So far, I'm, nabbing Leadership, Landlord, and then dumping 2000xp onto setting up the academy to start creating some political protection and earn some profit- is that enough to get it all going? EDIT: Oh yeah, Orchid will cover making Solstafir a new escape stone this time.

Aegis013
2022-09-27, 06:01 PM
How much would ____ cost?

Improved Toughness
Extra Spell
Cold Focus

Asking for the cost of Improved Flight.

Improved Toughness 1,000 XP
Extra Spell 2,000 XP - spells from any base classes' list are fair game
Cold Focus 1,000 XP
Improved Flight 1,000 XP

So far, I'm, nabbing Leadership, Landlord, and then dumping 2000xp onto setting up the academy to start creating some political protection and earn some profit- is that enough to get it all going? EDIT: Oh yeah, Orchid will cover making Solstafir a new escape stone this time.

That's not just enough to get it going, that's enough to start talking some kind of additional benefits similar to Solstafir's Foundry if you wanted.

QuadraticGish
2022-09-27, 06:14 PM
That's not just enough to get it going, that's enough to start talking some kind of additional benefits similar to Solstafir's Foundry if you wanted.
For now, what can I get in terms of profit and some political leeway for the party? Also, I'm declaring Orchid's assistant as her cohort- will he need to be statted out?

dantiesilva
2022-09-27, 06:18 PM
Okay I'm going to take cold focus and improved toughness then and dump the rest into the landlord thing like orchid (1,499xp)

Aegis013
2022-09-27, 07:04 PM
For now, what can I get in terms of profit and some political leeway for the party? Also, I'm declaring Orchid's assistant as her cohort- will he need to be statted out?

In terms of profit, I think the group is already so rich that producing more gold for expenditure is likely just going to end up just being a drop in the metaphorical bucket. What did you have in mind for political leeway? You're observed carefully because of your sponsorship from Prince Atticus, but it's not like any forces in Solum are actively hindering anything you want to do. At least, not presently.

You can stat him up if you want to but it's not required since he's not going to delve with the group. He's an NPC with NPC rules and NPC wealth, plus whatever you gift or craft for him (non gestalt, but as far generating him otherwise, make him as the PC creation rules). You can just write in ability scores, though.

QuadraticGish
2022-09-27, 07:35 PM
In terms of profit, I think the group is already so rich that producing more gold for expenditure is likely just going to end up just being a drop in the metaphorical bucket. What did you have in mind for political leeway? You're observed carefully because of your sponsorship from Prince Atticus, but it's not like any forces in Solum are actively hindering anything you want to do. At least, not presently.

You can stat him up if you want to but it's not required since he's not going to delve with the group. He's an NPC with NPC rules and NPC wealth, plus whatever you gift or craft for him (non gestalt, but as far generating him otherwise, make him as the PC creation rules). You can just write in ability scores, though.
Anyone else have any ideas? Otherwise I'm not entirely sure what to ask for in regards to that. At the very least, we have it for later.

dantiesilva
2022-09-27, 09:38 PM
Abigail herself would be setting up her temple with a clinic on the side of it to treat people long term/ teach medical knowledge by doing.

I think saying she is in the poor quarter and her brother is one of the many gang bosses she would be looking to make her place basically neutral territory where no killing or fighting takes place between the different groups. This would this provide stability for the crown and as we are sponsored by them would make them look better as they could easily say we sponsor this to make themselves more popular.

Yas392
2022-09-28, 06:13 AM
I am leaning to supporting the crown.

@Aegis013 Can we purchase bloodlines from UA?

Aegis013
2022-09-28, 06:21 PM
I am leaning to supporting the crown.

@Aegis013 Can we purchase bloodlines from UA?

I'm going to have say no, at least for now. Similar to templates, if bloodline benefits are granted it would be through Dungeon Fruit/Elixir or a major event like the Key of Safe Passage.

QuadraticGish
2022-09-28, 07:36 PM
Who wants to hunt a lich? I'm thinking of buying that key.

dantiesilva
2022-09-28, 08:35 PM
I mean I can kill a lich so I won't be only healing...okay I will be only healing, but I will be killing with healing lol

My son has a cold so I may be ghost for a few days

Aegis013
2022-09-29, 04:11 PM
Glad you're prioritizing your family, dantiesilva.

As far as political leeway goes, perhaps having direct access to the court to get major news? Access to restricted bureaucratic records? It should be clear that the bureaucrats exist as much to keep track of things as to keep things hidden that the King and court don't want the general population to know about.

QuadraticGish
2022-09-30, 06:43 PM
Glad you're prioritizing your family, dantiesilva.

As far as political leeway goes, perhaps having direct access to the court to get major news? Access to restricted bureaucratic records? It should be clear that the bureaucrats exist as much to keep track of things as to keep things hidden that the King and court don't want the general population to know about.

Definitely something to think about. By the way, Orchid can now replicate spells up to 6th level for purposes of crafting.

QuadraticGish
2022-09-30, 06:58 PM
@Aegis Question about the Clawed Arm from Fiend Folio- due to its wording should I create one for each arm to fully benefit from the strength bonus?

Aegis013
2022-09-30, 10:27 PM
@Aegis Question about the Clawed Arm from Fiend Folio- due to its wording should I create one for each arm to fully benefit from the strength bonus?

It reads to me that making one fiendish arm graft for her would increase the effective strength of one claw by the +4, making two would affect both claws. Honestly that's really strangely worded. I'd probably be open to ideas to simplify it or something.

Also I feel a little conflicted about not going for the templates or bloodlines for XP, as I know just buying feats gets a little old. Templates, Class Features, Bloodlines or other things that have a serious similarity to fully leveling up are much more challenging to determine a fair price in my estimation. Feats were intended for an easy way to spend XP without needing to get extra creative, but they're also supposed to allow you to manipulate the story and setting if you want.

dantiesilva
2022-09-30, 11:30 PM
Also I feel a little conflicted about not going for the templates or bloodlines for XP, as I know just buying feats gets a little old. Templates, Class Features, Bloodlines or other things that have a serious similarity to fully leveling up are much more challenging to determine a fair price in my estimation. Feats were intended for an easy way to spend XP without needing to get extra creative, but they're also supposed to allow you to manipulate the story and setting if you want.

No worries, I have never played in a game where you could spend xp on feats before so I am loving this honestly. If I wasn't playing my healer I would have a much wider selection of feats I would be asking for. I choose to limit myself so don't worry about stressing yourself over templates and stuff. After all Dungeon fruits are a possible way of getting them.

Also I think next level I will spend some of the xp on learning information this way Abigail can use it as its the best way she can help heal and protect people is by keeping in the loop, this way someone else could do get acess to records? After all she spent the last of her xp making her temple a neutral zone from gang violence.

So Far I know I am going to get a Fancy Chapel (which I will later upgrade to a luxury), 2 Servants quaters (for a total of 12 sleeping places/places to treat patients), Fancy Kitchen, Basic Dining Hall,and a Fancy Bath.

That Leaves me with 2,200gp to spend in my landlord money. Not sure what to spend it on now though, but at least now we have an idea. Basically the temple is the main structure with two hallways leading from the church to the two servant quarters. From the servants quarters one can enter into the dining hall. Off of one side of the dining hall is the kitchen. And the Fancy bath is located behind the temple off one of the two hallways. Thus it is far away from the food, but still close enough to where people who need to use a bathroom can use it. The two bathrooms that you get from the two servants quarters will be in same area basically just making the fancy bathroom bigger to hold more people.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-01, 12:10 AM
It reads to me that making one fiendish arm graft for her would increase the effective strength of one claw by the +4, making two would affect both claws. Honestly that's really strangely worded. I'd probably be open to ideas to simplify it or something.Pulling from the Libris Mortis, a few of the arm grafts there bestow their strength bonus without the arm limitation, so I don't think it would be too far of a stretch for the clawed arm to do the same at a higher price point.

Also I feel a little conflicted about not going for the templates or bloodlines for XP, as I know just buying feats gets a little old. Templates, Class Features, Bloodlines or other things that have a serious similarity to fully leveling up are much more challenging to determine a fair price in my estimation. Feats were intended for an easy way to spend XP without needing to get extra creative, but they're also supposed to allow you to manipulate the story and setting if you want.Well, I have a suggestion regarding that. Orchid already has found out how to replicate the elixir, and you did mention that the dungeon fruit and elixir are fundamentally similar. So why not allow for resources to be spent on a form of fruit/elixir that brings people closer to that? I think you mentioned that something like templates could end up as a consequence of eating enough fruit.

whoiam
2022-10-01, 05:34 AM
Personally, I was thinking something along the lines of allowing characters to add extra tracks to their build, if we pay in xp for each level 'extended' in that way. Didn't really come up with a satisfactory pricing structure yet, which is why I hadn't proposed it earlier.

Plus that proposal wouldn't let me grab the spell conversion mechanic from the spell to power erudite...

Yas392
2022-10-01, 05:58 AM
Pulling from the Libris Mortis, a few of the arm grafts there bestow their strength bonus without the arm limitation, so I don't think it would be too far of a stretch for the clawed arm to do the same at a higher price point.

Well, I have a suggestion regarding that. Orchid already has found out how to replicate the elixir, and you did mention that the dungeon fruit and elixir are fundamentally similar. So why not allow for resources to be spent on a form of fruit/elixir that brings people closer to that? I think you mentioned that something like templates could end up as a consequence of eating enough fruit.

That sounds like a good idea.

Aegis013
2022-10-01, 09:42 AM
Pulling from the Libris Mortis, a few of the arm grafts there bestow their strength bonus without the arm limitation, so I don't think it would be too far of a stretch for the clawed arm to do the same at a higher price point.

Well, I have a suggestion regarding that. Orchid already has found out how to replicate the elixir, and you did mention that the dungeon fruit and elixir are fundamentally similar. So why not allow for resources to be spent on a form of fruit/elixir that brings people closer to that? I think you mentioned that something like templates could end up as a consequence of eating enough fruit.

A plus 4 tome of strength is 110,000gp if one ever gets generated into a shop. I'd consider saying Clawed Arm Graft at 50,000gp gives +2 strength and you can graft up to two, stacking the strength bonus (and taking the higher claw damage if the graft offers a better claw).

I'm good with spending XP on furthering group research into the manufactured Elixir - even if everybody wanted to pile XP into it. It is a possible avenue to getting templates or other unexpected benefits. Here's an extremely rough sketch of what I'm imagining, though happy to get feedback.

For an additional 2,500 XP - Orchid's Elixir recipe becomes functional and will provide real benefits.
For 99 XP - Each character can get 1 dose made between each delve (seriously, how else are we going to effectively use the 99 XP?)

Cost of ingredients: 50,000gp per dose - significant side effects may apply (market value 100,000gp) - you can sell these but it would likely be unethical and make you an enemy of the Crown. Each of these adds 3 to the action point counter due to the unrefined nature.

For an additional 2,500 XP you can improve the Elixir refinement process, reducing the cost of ingredients by 1,000gp to a minimum of 5,000gp per dose (can be bought 45x)
Or for an additional 5,000 XP you can reduce side effects, (reducing the amount of increase on the action points by 0.5 to a minimum of 0.5, so can be bought 5x). - Or you might be able to get some of this without XP if you weasel it out of Prince Atticus somehow, his Elixir is only +1 action point.

Yas392
2022-10-01, 10:00 AM
Improved Toughness 1,000 XP
Cold Focus 1,000 XP
Improved Flight 1,000 XP

How much resources do our characters need to sink into the feat or building to gain political leeway?

Aegis013
2022-10-01, 11:27 AM
How much resources do our characters need to sink into the feat or building to gain political leeway?

It would depend on exactly what you want by political leeway. It's unclear what that exactly means right now.

Yas392
2022-10-01, 11:39 AM
It would depend on exactly what you want by political leeway. It's unclear what that exactly means right now.

Gaining political influence/clout and political protection against bureaucrats.

dantiesilva
2022-10-01, 11:42 AM
A plus 4 tome of strength is 110,000gp if one ever gets generated into a shop. I'd consider saying Clawed Arm Graft at 50,000gp gives +2 strength and you can graft up to two, stacking the strength bonus (and taking the higher claw damage if the graft offers a better claw).

I'm good with spending XP on furthering group research into the manufactured Elixir - even if everybody wanted to pile XP into it. It is a possible avenue to getting templates or other unexpected benefits. Here's an extremely rough sketch of what I'm imagining, though happy to get feedback.

For an additional 2,500 XP - Orchid's Elixir recipe becomes functional and will provide real benefits.
For 99 XP - Each character can get 1 dose made between each delve (seriously, how else are we going to effectively use the 99 XP?)

Cost of ingredients: 50,000gp per dose - significant side effects may apply (market value 100,000gp) - you can sell these but it would likely be unethical and make you an enemy of the Crown. Each of these adds 3 to the action point counter due to the unrefined nature.

For an additional 2,500 XP you can improve the Elixir refinement process, reducing the cost of ingredients by 1,000gp to a minimum of 5,000gp per dose (can be bought 45x)
Or for an additional 5,000 XP you can reduce side effects, (reducing the amount of increase on the action points by 0.5 to a minimum of 0.5, so can be bought 5x). - Or you might be able to get some of this without XP if you weasel it out of Prince Atticus somehow, his Elixir is only +1 action point.

Can this be added to the first post

QuadraticGish
2022-10-01, 02:31 PM
A plus 4 tome of strength is 110,000gp if one ever gets generated into a shop. I'd consider saying Clawed Arm Graft at 50,000gp gives +2 strength and you can graft up to two, stacking the strength bonus (and taking the higher claw damage if the graft offers a better claw). Yeah, fair enough.

Or for an additional 5,000 XP you can reduce side effects, (reducing the amount of increase on the action points by 0.5 to a minimum of 0.5, so can be bought 5x). - Or you might be able to get some of this without XP if you weasel it out of Prince Atticus somehow, his Elixir is only +1 action point. 5k xp is hefty to remove side effects, but always a delve away if we each dump xp into it. I'm pretty close to hitting the limit the on grafts I want already too.

Yas392
2022-10-01, 06:29 PM
Going to RP Levi a bit before he does his purchases.

whoiam
2022-10-01, 06:41 PM
Total non-Staffy earnings: 181,155 gp
Split between the five of us without a Vow of Poverty, that's 36,231 gp each.

The Horn of Plenty was listed at 12,000 gp. Or 2,400 each if we'd like to keep it as party property. That's the only item off the loot list that I think would be useful to me to keep, so I'm happy to chip in for that one.

From the store listings, I'm also happy to chip in for the sword to unlock our special lich encounter. 8350 in total, so 1670 each.

Staffy is worth up to 60k - or another 12,000 each if sold at full price. If. Anyone fancy haggling the GM?

QuadraticGish
2022-10-01, 08:19 PM
I'm fine with chipping in for the horn and key, but Orchid doesn't really have much of a chance selling Staffy. Her diplomacy and bluff has pretty much zero investment in them.

dantiesilva
2022-10-01, 09:02 PM
As a reminder VoP doesn't mean you don't get a share, it means you can't spend it on yourself and have to donate and such. So Abigail still gets a share.

She would donate to the horn and key.

Horn as it feeds people and the key as it destroys a lich this saving people.

whoiam
2022-10-01, 09:12 PM
Normally you would be correct, but this was homeruled for this game:

On the topic of splitting the loot, I'm still perfectly happy hand-waving that Abigail is meeting her vow requirements with loot that wasn't explicitly mentioned. You may be able to tell but I'm not going to be a stickler for the vow requirements. The same way I wouldn't consider making a Paladin or Exalted character fall despite the team killing poor, helpless Puhrjan. I've contrived this game so you have to go kill stuff even if it's not fighting back.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-02, 02:11 PM
Hey @Aegis, what would draw more respect in Solum- at least in regards of instruction- formal outfits or actual delving equipment? Edit: Would it be possible to buy the landlord feat more than once? Anyway, my EXP plan so far are looking to spend money on the school, landlord, and Leadership. I'm planning on scrapping my ring for exp so I get just enough to dump into 5k to reduce elixir penalties.

Aegis013
2022-10-02, 03:04 PM
Gaining political influence/clout and political protection against bureaucrats.

There's no requirement to pay XP for political protection, though there's the opportunity to come up with something if you want.

Can this be added to the first post

I added it and some other items we've had XP spent for or things that might work. Some are missing details that I'll add in later, like the Foundry Rank, and others are either "pay as much XP as you want and see what comes out of the box" like the news from Thanqui or they're TBD stuff.

Hey @Aegis, what would draw more respect in Solum- at least in regards of instruction- formal outfits or actual delving equipment? Edit: Would it be possible to buy the landlord feat more than once? Anyway, my EXP plan so far are looking to spend money on the school, landlord, and Leadership. I'm planning on scrapping my ring for exp so I get just enough to dump into 5k to reduce elixir penalties.

I imagine both formal uniforms and actual adventuring gear would have their time and place in an institution look a school. Though it's up to you how you want the details to be.

dantiesilva
2022-10-02, 08:41 PM
So thanks to landlord any money spent on the property gets doubled so long as it comes out of your own pocket. So can Abigail spend money on the property and it not count against vop as it's a temple that is helping the poor and other stuff.

Aegis013
2022-10-02, 08:50 PM
So thanks to landlord any money spent on the property gets doubled so long as it comes out of your own pocket. So can Abigail spend money on the property and it not count against vop as it's a temple that is helping the poor and other stuff.

Yes. We can probably come up with custom boons for XP too related to the temple.

dantiesilva
2022-10-02, 09:02 PM
Yes. We can probably come up with custom boons for XP too related to the temple.

Well I planned on making the altar herself out of black marble laced with silver-like veins and white granite with gold-like veins. The black figure being vaguely feminine while the white side being vaguely masculine. In the center the two different stones would kinda merge together and such. The statues on each end of the altar would be looking at each other with holes where there eyes are and windows placed perfectly so when the sun is rising it signs through the male figures eyes, and when the moon is out it signs through the females eyes.

dantiesilva
2022-10-03, 10:45 PM
@Yas392 I didn't reply to your last post as I'm unsure how to. Are you at anyone in particular's house or as I am perfectly fine with Rping with you just unsure where you are so don't wanna just go. I mean I could have Abigail's blind sister Sara open the door.

@Party I am starting to think Sol is simply the "breeding" ground of the infernal voice and that Sol is also on the Astral sea. It would explain why there is nothing above or below us, as well as the fact no ship or other form of transportation that has ever left and returned has ever found anything. As the Infernal voice clearly has some control over the astral sea to create new dungeons around people.

Next level when I take leadership I am so having Sara (the diviner sister she had) start doing some hocus pocus to find stuff out.

Yas392
2022-10-04, 02:42 AM
@dantesilva Should be whoever's house the party frequent meetup takes place. I am not sure whether Abigail or Orchid. This event takes place after the reporting in one of those off days. Pre-child regressed Levi is with the group when they are making the report.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-04, 07:37 PM
Considering with who we found in our dark door, I can only wonder if Orchid's folks met the same fate and if we'll have a repeat of Final Fantasy IV.

dantiesilva
2022-10-04, 11:10 PM
Considering with who we found in our dark door, I can only wonder if Orchid's folks met the same fate and if we'll have a repeat of Final Fantasy IV.

From what we have learned, who is to say we already haven't and we just didn't know it?

Also how much would it cost For Abigail to have 5 Wands of lesser Vigor made and 50 Potions of Cure Light wounds from our party crafters? She may start buying stuff to stockpile incase the worse happens so the temple becomes a sort of fall back position with tons of healing resources.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-05, 12:22 AM
From what we have learned, who is to say we already haven't and we just didn't know it?

Also how much would it cost For Abigail to have 5 Wands of lesser Vigor made and 50 Potions of Cure Light wounds from our party crafters? She may start buying stuff to stockpile incase the worse happens so the temple becomes a sort of fall back position with tons of healing resources.
I don't think Aegis would pass a chance up to really do something with that- especially since they were at least fairly accomplished in Solum on their own discounting whatever high end relationship her father might've had with the crown. Anyway, Orchid can make that stuff for 4216.25gp, (includes commission).

dantiesilva
2022-10-05, 07:45 AM
I don't think Aegis would pass a chance up to really do something with that- especially since they were at least fairly accomplished in Solum on their own discounting whatever high end relationship her father might've had with the crown. Anyway, Orchid can make that stuff for 4216.25gp, (includes commission).

Abigail would be more than willing to pay that price for said items as now anyone who needs healing can easily get it with a wand if they can use one, or a potion.

@Aegis I was thinking about what you said about putting xp into our landlord feat and such for special benefits. While it wouldn't really help a great deal as everything is more ooc at Sol I was thinking something like all healing spells cast on the temple grounds heal/inflict max hp/damage, say from level 1-3 at stage one, and you would have to keep getting it higher for it to effect other spells? The only other thing I could think of really is getting temple guardians and such like that. Basically the mastery of day and night spell for anyone one temple ground that is not from the dungeon.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-05, 10:03 AM
Hey whoiam, any suggestions for what psionic crafting feats I should consider?

Aegis013
2022-10-05, 10:08 AM
Abigail would be more than willing to pay that price for said items as now anyone who needs healing can easily get it with a wand if they can use one, or a potion.

@Aegis I was thinking about what you said about putting xp into our landlord feat and such for special benefits. While it wouldn't really help a great deal as everything is more ooc at Sol I was thinking something like all healing spells cast on the temple grounds heal/inflict max hp/damage, say from level 1-3 at stage one, and you would have to keep getting it higher for it to effect other spells? The only other thing I could think of really is getting temple guardians and such like that. Basically the mastery of day and night spell for anyone one temple ground that is not from the dungeon.

The maximized healing on temple grounds is perfectly reasonable. Since it's not a benefit you can take into the Dungeon I'd price it at 500xp.

Though I think using landlord gp to pay Orchid for a stockpile of healing resources which Orchid can then spend on magic items for delving is against the spirit of the feat, if I understood what was happening there. I'd be fine with her adding that gp to her own landlord funds though.

Yas392
2022-10-05, 10:13 AM
@Aegis013 How much does it cost to buy knowledge devotion?

Aegis013
2022-10-05, 10:24 AM
@Aegis013 How much does it cost to buy knowledge devotion?

Knowledge Devotion - 2,000 XP.
It's a solid feat

dantiesilva
2022-10-05, 11:38 AM
I would be using Abigail share of the dungeon loot to buy that which is not a part of the landlord money. Basically as I either have to donate it or use it to help people buying healing items, food stuffs, clothes, and the like should the dungeon ever break out again helps the people and not her as she is not using said items this it wouldn't break her vow of poverty. Think of it as a hospital stockpiling on medical supplies before a hurricane.

whoiam
2022-10-05, 11:57 AM
Hey whoiam, any suggestions for what psionic crafting feats I should consider?

Probably none of them? Last time I checked, you weren't allowed to replicate powers for crafting purposes (since that's from an alternate class variant), so you'd be limited to crafting from Liselle's power suite. Which isn't terribly well suited to anything but Craft Dorje... which Liselle already has.

dantiesilva
2022-10-05, 01:23 PM
I would also like to hire 4 trained monks as temple guards 3 sp/day Each
and 2 trained Healers as well healers for the temple 3 sp/day Each

For the monks Abigail would offer to pay Solstafir to make each of them a quaterstaff made from Bronzewood (unless he recommends something else) making each Quaterstaff cost 1,500gp each (this would be their salary until they pay off said item through work). I forget what Solstafir can add to said items, but I think range and damage would be best. (Range to be able to deal with attackers while still remaining safe, damage to quickly incapacitate the enemies so they can be restrained.) As all people working at the temple will be trained to not kill but do nonlethal damage thus knocking out anything that attacks to either try and treat later or for their allies to deal with (as it still takes away from the monsters total hp just in a different way).

She would buy the two healers healing belts unless they wished to train like herself.

I figure it would be weird if one day she has a temple and no followers and the next bam she has a million, so to show this she is hiring people at first, getting them a useful item to help with their job. This way when she takes the leadership feat people coming to her and wanting to be servants/followers and the like it doesn't seem as odd.

Her reasoning for spending the money instead of donating it in the traditional sense, more people are being taught to heal in a safe environment (each healer in theory has 2 bodyguards) thus less people will die of simple stuff that could have been treated rather easily if simply they had more money to pay a cleric to do so. As her church will work more along pay what you can for our services, if you can't pay do a good deed and we are square. This now encourages good behaivor, gets people that would normally die to stay alive (thus more productive people in the workplace/dungeon delvers later on, and possibly people to help protect should the dungeon ever break free.)

Would you allow that without breaking her vow?

Aegis013
2022-10-05, 03:21 PM
Would you allow that without breaking her vow?

Yes I would. It's going to be pretty hard to break your vows unless you, for example, pick up a magic sword and swing it a living foe in the Dungeon or something that would be pretty out of character.

As far as "no followers, then bam a million" we can pretty easily hand-wave that if desired. You spend quite a decent amount of time in Solum between delves and it could be that there were already people who wanted Abigail to set up a temple so when she finally does, they bring over quite a number of recruits.

dantiesilva
2022-10-05, 03:27 PM
Well I mean due to the wording of VoP any weapon she picks up is a magic weapon equal to her exalted strike bonus. If not for the fact having the same quarterstaff crafter for her would break her vows (due to bronzewood weapons being considered masterwork) she would have one as well. Starting the whole uniform thing going on.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-05, 05:07 PM
Hey @aegis, would grabbing Persistent Spell be too much power? I'm asking because metamagic trigger would let me pull it off for additonal charges spent, but on top of that there's a 3rd level infusion called Metamagic item which avoid paying the charge cost. That would let me use eternal wands or Etch Schema to persist spells from those pretty much as many times as I could cast the spell.

Edit: Just working through some thoughts on the academy. First, I think is that initial delving teams are formed in the school and are entered as is to the Dungeon rather than organized by whoever. In this case, Everything possible would be taken into account in an attempt to form a cohesive, balanced team based on personality and evaluated abilities of each student. There should also be an agreement in place that students attending will have their first delve dates delayed until a week post graduation at least, or a week after if they're removed from the academy for any other reason. On graduation, if any students lack it they will be given some appropriate lower end equipment from the armory which will be made from Solstafir's stipend. Once more money starts rolling in, some limited potions would start being provided. If students have yet to make equipment decisions or ask for help with selection, then help there would be provided. So hopefully, having help from experienced delvers would in turn give the students a much higher survival rate than normal delving teams. It might steamroll into a much higher portion of those delvers wanting to go again, so the crown might see a sudden uptick in prosperity.

For those specifically going in to learn how to graft instead, I imagine graduation pretty much grants Heal as a class skill, gives a chance to retrain skill points, and then allows for Graft Flesh to be taken and function the same as Orchid's.

Aegis013
2022-10-06, 10:41 AM
I'm not going to tell you not to do it. You already know there's not much in the way of actual danger or challenge outside of the Death Doors. Having Persistent Effects will just let you steamroll the modules I use for the delves even more easily than you do already.

dantiesilva
2022-10-06, 01:21 PM
@aegis did anything happen when Abigail drank the elixir?

Aegis013
2022-10-07, 10:32 AM
Yes, added to IC.

dantiesilva
2022-10-07, 01:34 PM
As someone who cooks would she notice the dungeon fruit and elixir tasting the same, different? As with both tying together like they just did she is curious. Also been doing the overnights at work the last few days this my lack of posting.

Aegis013
2022-10-07, 02:43 PM
They're quite different, though with vague hints of similarity. One being a fruit and the other being a liquid. Abigail would guess that them being tied together is likely not a given, though with how much is unknown about them, just about anything is possible.

Aegis013
2022-10-09, 09:06 PM
Anybody need more time before the next delve? I've got everything ready.

dantiesilva
2022-10-09, 11:13 PM
Just making sure, we bought the lich key right?

QuadraticGish
2022-10-10, 02:06 AM
Anybody need more time before the next delve? I've got everything ready.I think everyone but Dantie and I still need to do shopping. I still need to decide on my level 9 feat.

Just making sure, we bought the lich key right?I contributed my share for it and the horn in my shopping list which is in the level up post.

Thundercracker
2022-10-10, 03:15 AM

I still need to advance, what’s the deadline?

Yas392
2022-10-10, 06:18 AM

I do for RP and shopping.

dantiesilva
2022-10-10, 07:34 AM
I mean I'm still waiting for the prices of the healing belts made by the party as well as the quarterstaffs as I know price will be different.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-10, 09:41 AM
I mean I'm still waiting for the prices of the healing belts made by the party as well as the quarterstaffs as I know price will be different.
Right, forgot about that. From Orchid, the belts are 815.62 total including commission.

Aegis013
2022-10-10, 06:47 PM
I still need to advance, what’s the deadline?

No specific deadline, we've just crossed the two week threshold outside of a delve and I don't want the game to grind to a halt. Since a lot of the Solum RP stuff is fully player driven or is optional participation type stuff I'm just checking in to avoid losing momentum since that is one of the biggest dangers to PbPs in my experience.

If anybody needs mechanical clarifications or similar I still check these threads usually a couple times per day.

Yas392
2022-10-10, 06:57 PM
Got to establish Levi's child personality and get the feel of it. That is almost all of Levi's personalities at the current date. He is still hiding his true self; the guilt ridden part of himself he will reveal to the party at some point in the future. The tragedy he experienced is similar to Abigail and Orchid that he lost someone to the Dungeon.

dantiesilva
2022-10-10, 09:40 PM
Right, forgot about that. From Orchid, the belts are 815.62 total including commission.

Thank you, number has been deducted from Abigail's gold.

No specific deadline, we've just crossed the two week threshold outside of a delve and I don't want the game to grind to a halt. Since a lot of the Solum RP stuff is fully player driven or is optional participation type stuff I'm just checking in to avoid losing momentum since that is one of the biggest dangers to PbPs in my experience.

If anybody needs mechanical clarifications or similar I still check these threads usually a couple times per day.

I can agree to much downtime does kill pbp unless everyone is involved in said rp downtime.

How would we stat out NPC's? I know you have said this before, and that they are not gestalt, but for the life of me I cannot find it. I doubt it will ever come up mind you, but if it is ever needed it would be nice to have a rough stat block for the temple staff.

Got to establish Levi's child personality and get the feel of it. That is almost all of Levi's personalities at the current date. He is still hiding his true self; the guilt ridden part of himself he will reveal to the party at some point in the future. The tragedy he experienced is similar to Abigail and Orchid that he lost someone to the Dungeon.

Going to reply now.

Aegis013
2022-10-10, 10:26 PM
How would we stat out NPC's? I know you have said this before, and that they are not gestalt, but for the life of me I cannot find it. I doubt it will ever come up mind you, but if it is ever needed it would be nice to have a rough stat block for the temple staff.

NPCs are non-gestalt, and get NPC wealth. Otherwise, make them as a PC - you can choose their starting attributes up to 18 before racial or other modifiers. HP is full first three levels and then half HD+half HD just like a PC, etc.

I doubt you'll actually need to stat them, though you're welcome to do so if desired.

dantiesilva
2022-10-11, 12:04 AM
Does NPC wealth exclude what Abigail buys for them while they are at the temple?

This (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2706886) is what I am thinking for the 1st level basic monks she just hired. Coming from the poor district they do not have the best education nor are they exactly good at public speaking and such. Abigail specifically picked each for their ability to try and avoid enemies and fighting rather than brute strength. Thinking Shoulin(sorry for butchering the name) monks with their high dexterity and endurance with little need for pure physical strength (not saying they don't have any but its not as highly valued). The high wisdom is reflected with their ability to decide quickly if it is better to run from a situation or stay and fight, they have a lot of common sense with very little intelligence.

Early levels for her trainees would be learning to focus and harness their stunning fist. If they can master it after all they can stop people attacking the temple and defend those within without causing a great deal of physical harm to the individual. (For example once stunned they could try to tie them up or slap a pair of manacles on them quickly.

Aegis013
2022-10-11, 08:54 AM
If the NPCs are gifted items out of your landlord funds or other personal resources they don't count against the NPC WBL.

whoiam
2022-10-11, 09:26 PM
Couple more feats to price up:
Transdimensional Power and Dorje Mastery (both from Compelte Psionic).

Aegis013
2022-10-11, 10:31 PM
Transdimensional Power - 2000 XP
Dorje Mastery - 2000 XP

whoiam
2022-10-12, 07:24 AM
Alright, then, I think this is gonna be Liselle's spending for the level:

7999 xp
525gp (profit from spending the crafting allowance on resale goods)
1814.04 GP (savings from last delve)
36,231 (earnings from this delve)

Total budget: 78,568.04 GP (equivalent)

Purchase
Cost
Commission
Remaining Funds

Horn of Plenty (1/5th share)

Lich-Unlocking Sword (1/5th share)

Upgrade Spiked Chain (forge bonuses only)0100Solstafir74,398.04
Upgrade Scimitar (forge bonuses only)0100Solstafir74,298.04
Upgrade Kukri (forge bonuses only)0100Solstafir74,198.04

Upgrade Cloak of Resistance (+4->+5)1968.75750Orchid69,304.29
Upgrade Headband of Intellect (+4->+6)7,8753000Orchid58,429.29
Ghost Shroud (Magic Item Compendium)1968.75750Orchid55,710.54
Adding NA+2 to the Ghost Shroud31501200Orchid51,360.54

Expanded Knowledge: Metaphysical Weapon1000041,360.54
Expanded Knowledge: Power Weapon1000031,360.54
Dorje Mastery1000021,360.54
Weapon Focus (Heavy Flail)250018,860.54

Dorje of Metaphysical Weapon (ML5)787510,987.54
Dorje of Inertial Armor (ML5)78753,110.54

So that's 525gp commission paid to Solstafir and 5,700 gp commission to Orchid.

Yas392
2022-10-12, 07:33 AM
Is Abigail going to haggle with the shop over how much the party can get from Staffy? She has the highest diplomacy modifier out of the group.

dantiesilva
2022-10-12, 08:15 AM
I dont think Abigail would be your best bet in that situation. Staffy has intelligence, his own thoughts, and his own desires. It may just be a magic item to the party but not to her meaning she would actually be against selling him instead of simply setting him free in Sol as again he is an intelligent being. Sure not in the sense we understand it but still. It was a tough call when we stuck him in the bag but she knew it was the safest course of action at the time and this didn't fight the party on it. Selling him would be like slavery to her and thus she would have no part in it.

Thundercracker
2022-10-13, 10:49 PM
advance: Level 1 Dervish, Level 9 Cloistered Cleric
HP: [roll0]
+2 reflex, +2 will
11 skill points: 9 dance, 1 dungeoneering, 1 planes

Level 9 Feat: Persistent Spell
2000 xp Martial Study - Wolf Fang Strike
2000 xp: Martial Stance - Blood in the Water
2000 xp: Great Cleave
2000 xp: Extend spell

Equipment: 1000 xp left over converted to 5000 gold, + 36231 + 1988 leftover from last level = 43,219 to spend
Sell (need help with how much I'd receive from selling the following): 2x Kukri +1, Masterwork Mithral Fullplate with +2 max dex(+15), +1 armor(+5), -5 movement speed reduction(+5). Mithral Chain Shirt +1
Buy: Mithral Breastplate +1 (need someone to help craft this please)
Buy: Potion of Neutralize Poison 750 gp

I need some kind of miss chance, improved invis would be best I think because that would also net me sneak attacks... any suggestions on how to get that or what else to spend all this cash on?

whoiam
2022-10-14, 06:46 AM
advance: Level 1 Dervish, Level 9 Cloistered Cleric
+2 reflex, +2 will
11 skill points: 9 dance, 1 dungeoneering, 1 planes

Level 9 Feat: Persistent Spell
2000 xp Martial Study - Wolf Fang Strike
2000 xp: Martial Stance - Blood in the Water
2000 xp: Great Cleave
2000 xp: Extend spell

Equipment: 1000 xp left over converted to 5000 gold, + 36231 + 1988 leftover from last level = 43,219 to spend
Sell (need help with how much I'd receive from selling the following): 2x Kukri +1, Masterwork Mithral Fullplate with +2 max dex(+15), +1 armor(+5), -5 movement speed reduction(+5). Mithral Chain Shirt +1
Buy: Mithral Breastplate +1 (need someone to help craft this please)
Buy: Potion of Neutralize Poison 750 gp

I need some kind of miss chance, improved invis would be best I think because that would also net me sneak attacks... any suggestions on how to get that or what else to spend all this cash on?

Technically, you only have 999xp left (Its an odd number I know, but we always get 1 under the amount that would give us the next level). Also, by the magic of typos, I now have an extra 5000gp!

Kukri: 8GP
Masterwork: 300gp
+1 Enhancement: 2000gp
List price: 2308 (each)
Sale price: 1154 (each)

Full Plate: 1500gp
Mithral: 9000gp
Masterwork: free (included in the Mithral)
List Price: 10,500
Sale Price: 5,250

Breastplate: 200gp
Mithral: 4000gp
Masterwork: Free (included in Mithral)
Dwarvencraft: 300gp
+1 Enhancement: 1000gp
List Price: 5500
Crafting Cost: 1815 gp (You get a 500gp free crafting allowance which can be used here)
Solstafir's Commission: 825 gp
Total price: 2640 gp

Extra bonuses:
Armor categories being AC (+1), Max Dex (+1), Armor Check Penalty (-3), Arcane Spell Failure (-5%), Speed reduction (-5 feet of reduction), tower shield attack penalty(-1).
The first point in each category costs 5, subsequent points cost 10, and Solstafir currently has 25 points to assign on each item. So 3 points in one stat, 2 points in one and 1 in a couple of others, or 1 point each in all 5.

List Price: 750 gp
Brewing Cost: 295.31 gp
Orchid's Commission: 112.5 gp
Total Price: 407.81

Couldn't find anything obvious to give permanent or long-term Greater Invisibility. The MIC has some that can give you a few rounds of it if needed:
Boots of Tracklessness (list price 11,000) - gives you a permanent pass without trace and 7 rounds of greater invisibility once per day.
Ring of Vanishing (list price 30,000) - 3 times per day, 2 rounds of greater invisibility (that also works against hearing, scent, blindsense, blindsight, and tremorsense)
Dust of Disappearance (list price 3,500) - 2d6 rounds of greater invisibility

Yas392
2022-10-14, 07:03 AM
HP: +10 HP (rolled on this post (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25589148&postcount=756) + 2 constitution modifier).

Warlock New Feature: +1d6 Eldritch Blast Damage

Binder New Feature: Soul Guardian (Slippery Mind)

Saves: +1 Fort, +1 Reflex.

Retrain: Skill Knowledge (Move Silently) -> Travel Devotion

Level 9 feat: Soultouched Spellcasting

SP distribution: +5 Hide, +1 UMD

XP to spend (8,999 XP)

Improved Flight (1,000 XP)
Bonus Essentia (1,000 XP)
Shape Soulmeld (Shedu Crown; 2,000 XP)
Open Least Chakra (Crown) (Shedu Crown; 2,000 XP)
Flyby Attack (500 XP)
Open Minded (1,000 XP)
Speed of Thought (1,000 XP)

Remaining XP: 0 XP (Remaining converted to 2,495 gold)

Gold from delve to spend (42,403.82 gold)

+1 Spear of Rapid Wrath (7,898.85 gold; 500 discount; 1,755 gold and 3 silver paid to Solstafir) (Solstafir)
Healing, Greater Armor Enhancement (16,200 gold; 3,600 gold commission paid to Solstafir) (Solstafir)
Upgrading Chasuble to Greater (5,709.38 gold; 1,575 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Upgrading Vest of Resistance +3 to +5 (7,884.38 gold; 2,175 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Crafting Profit (+525 gold; 225 gold paid to Solstafir) (Solstafir)
Scroll of Freedom of Movement x3 (759.38 gold; 168 gold 7 silver, and 5 copper commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Wand of Resurgence x50 (506.25 gold; 112 gold and 5 silver commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Wand of Benign Transposition x50 (506.25 gold; 112 gold and 5 silver commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
Extra Cost + Commission Paid for merging Dispelling Cord with Vest of Resistance (271 gold, 8 silver and 8 copper; 75 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)

Remaining Gold: 3192 gold, 4 silver and 5 copper.

Is the total gold each of our characters receives before or after they sell Staffy?

whoiam
2022-10-14, 07:25 AM
That was worked out pre-staffy.

Thundercracker
2022-10-14, 08:06 AM
That was worked out pre-staffy.

oh, are we entitled to more post-staffy?

whoiam
2022-10-14, 08:22 AM
If any of us manage to sell it, yes. We haven't yet.

Yas392
2022-10-14, 08:54 AM
Martial Weapon Proficiency or Armor Proficiency feats: 200 XP
Sanctify Relic: 2,000 XP
True Believer: 500 XP
Expanded Knowledge: 2,000 XP
Corpsecrafter 2,000xp.
Shieldmate: 1,000xp.
Devoted Bulwark: 1,000xp.
Stone Power: 2,000xp.
Vital Recovery: 2,000xp.
White Raven Defense: 1,000xp.
Extraordinary Artisan: 2,000 xp
Legendary Artisan: 2,000 xp
Archivist of Nature: 1,000 xp
Draconid Archivist: 1,000 xp
Skill Focus: 500 xp
Split Chakra: 2000 xp
Necrocarnum Acolyte: 500xp
Expanded Soulmeld Capacity: 2000 xp
Weapon Focus: 500 xp
Melodic Casting 2000 xp
Obtain Familiar 1000 xp
Any version of Dodge: 500 xp
Mobility: 500 xp
Combat Expertise: 500 xp
Improved Sunder: 500 xp
Improved Bullrush: 500 xp
Ironheart Aura: 500 xp
Speed of Thought: 1,000 xp
Stand Still: 2,000 xp
Craft Cognizance Crystal: 2000 xp
Craft Dorje: 2000 xp
Elusive Target: 2000 xp
Karmic Strike: 2000 xp
Shock Troopher 2000 xp
Magical Artisan 2000xp
Draconic Familiar 1500 xp
Maximize Spell 2000 xp
Touch of Healing 2000 xp
Cleave 1000 xp
Great cleave 2000 xp
Quick Draw 500 xp
Adaptive Style 2000 xp
Psicrystal Affinity 1000 xp
Master of Day and Night 5000 xp
Initiator of ilmater 2000 xp
Travel Devotion 2000 xp
Infernal Adept 1000 xp
Improved Familiar 2000 xp
Extra Invocation 1000 xp
Pisonic Meditation - 1000 xp
Wild Talent - 1000 xp
Psionic Shot - 1000 xp
Greater Psionic Shot - 2000 xp
Ritual Blessing - 1000 xp
Faith Unswerving - 2000 xp
Combat Reflexes 1000 xp
Augment Healing 1000 xp
Point Blank Shot 500 xp
Precise Shot 500 xp
Battle Caster - 1000 xp
Bonus Essentia 1000 xp
Shadow Blade 2000 xp
Daring Outlaw 2000 xp
Improved TWF 2000 xp
Power Critical 1000 xp
Power Attack 2000 xp
Martial Study 2000 xp
Martial Stance 2000 xp
Extend Spell 2000 xp
Divine Metamagic 10,000 xp
Persistent Spell 10,000 xp
Rapid Spell - 2000 xp
Extra Turning 1000 xp
Augment Summoning 2000 xp
Open Minded 1000 xp
Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will or Great Fortitude - 500 xp
Sacred Healing - 1,000 XP
Domain Focus - 1,000 XP
Spellcasting Prodigy - 2,000 XP
Snowcasting - 1,000 XP
Frozen Magic - 500 XP
Frostfell Prodigy - 1,000 XP
Enduring Life - 1,000 XP
Lasting Life - 1,000 XP
Heat Endurance - 1,000 XP
Sandskimmer - 500 XP
Constant Guardian - 2,000 XP
Telling Blow 2,000xp
Sense Weakness 2,000xp
Disemboweling Strike 2,000xp
Improved Skirmish 2,000xp
Swift Ambusher 2,000xp
Soultouched Spellcasting 2,000
Planar Touchstone - 2,000XP - you can pick your base ability before each delve.
Dash - 1,000 XP
Landlord - 1,000 XP
Leadership - 1,000 XP
Improved Toughness - 1,000 XP
Cold Focus - 1,000 XP
Improved Flight - 1,000 XP
Improved Heat Endurance - 1,000 XP
Knowledge Devotion - 2,000 XP
Transdimensional Power - 2,000 XP
Dorje Mastery - 2,000 XP
Flyby Attack - 500 XP
Shape Soulmeld - 2,000 XP
Improved Essentia Capacity - 2,000 XP
Open Least Chakra (Crown) - 2,000 XP
Improved Precise Shot - 2,000 XP
Mindsight - 5,000 XP

dantiesilva
2022-10-14, 12:02 PM
I'll be posting shortly.

Aegis013
2022-10-14, 06:11 PM
I don't intend to make a full scene of the group trying to find a way to get some money from Staffy, though with Abigail's (completely reasonable) view of the annoying intelligent quarterstaff there are still options available.

"Sell" Staffy on the market at half price due to the fact that trying to use Staffy in the Dungeon is actively dangerous. There's an oddball collector in Solum who wants to collect intelligent items to better understand them, by befriending them. Staffy will still have freedom to choose its own fate, though it'll have a place where it will be cared for.

Employ Staffy at either Abigail's temple as a way to rapidly move those that need care around or at Orchid's academy, potentially even as a professor (Staffy has decent mental stats and can read any text), or otherwise get Staffy's buy in on some work that is free of combat.

Employ Staffy as a spy to get you additional information from the court. After all, who thinks that random quarterstaff in the corner is about to steal sensitive documents? A thing Staffy is fully capable of doing.

Some other idea that isn't offered here.

dantiesilva
2022-10-14, 10:39 PM
I don't intend to make a full scene of the group trying to find a way to get some money from Staffy, though with Abigail's (completely reasonable) view of the annoying intelligent quarterstaff there are still options available.

"Sell" Staffy on the market at half price due to the fact that trying to use Staffy in the Dungeon is actively dangerous. There's an oddball collector in Solum who wants to collect intelligent items to better understand them, by befriending them. Staffy will still have freedom to choose its own fate, though it'll have a place where it will be cared for.

Employ Staffy at either Abigail's temple as a way to rapidly move those that need care around or at Orchid's academy, potentially even as a professor (Staffy has decent mental stats and can read any text), or otherwise get Staffy's buy in on some work that is free of combat.

Employ Staffy as a spy to get you additional information from the court. After all, who thinks that random quarterstaff in the corner is about to steal sensitive documents? A thing Staffy is fully capable of doing.

Some other idea that isn't offered here.

I would give Staffy the option personally, but I am only 1/5th of the group so I am fine with whatever the rest of the group decides on this situation. I doubt he would be kind and trusting of us though as a spy given we took away his free will once and stuffed him back in the bag.

Also I am ready for the next delve when everyone else is.

Yas392
2022-10-15, 01:17 AM
I would give Staffy the option personally, but I am only 1/5th of the group so I am fine with whatever the rest of the group decides on this situation. I doubt he would be kind and trusting of us though as a spy given we took away his free will once and stuffed him back in the bag.

Also I am ready for the next delve when everyone else is.

The spy thing could work if Abigail is able bond with him. The reason Levi dispelled him was more than just expressing annoying but also because the party was not in a danger free zone like Solum.

dantiesilva
2022-10-15, 04:09 AM
Ooc and I I and Abigail both understand why it happened in the dungeon but Staffy may not be as understanding as the recipent of said actions. To trust someone to spy like that and not rat them out or switch sides there would have to be some incentive the other side could not give staffy.

We have already shown that we treat it as less than us, and would be offering it to be sold to a "collector". So far we have alienated staffy and given it more reasons to turn on us for whoever we send it to spy on then help us, even with Abigail's diplomacy. It would take a few IC months I feel for staffy to begin to trust us again minimum and sure while it's not months we need to play out people will get used to seeing staffy with us which makes being a spy impossible.

Yas392
2022-10-15, 12:00 PM
Sounds like a risk. I guess spying is out.

Anyone haggling with the collector or are our characters selling it for half-price?

Thundercracker
2022-10-15, 10:23 PM
Technically, you only have 999xp left (Its an odd number I know, but we always get 1 under the amount that would give us the next level). Also, by the magic of typos, I now have an extra 5000gp!

Kukri: 8GP
Masterwork: 300gp
+1 Enhancement: 2000gp
List price: 2308 (each)
Sale price: 1154 (each)

Full Plate: 1500gp
Mithral: 9000gp
Masterwork: free (included in the Mithral)
List Price: 10,500
Sale Price: 5,250

Breastplate: 200gp
Mithral: 4000gp
Masterwork: Free (included in Mithral)
Dwarvencraft: 300gp
+1 Enhancement: 1000gp
List Price: 5500
Crafting Cost: 1815 gp (You get a 500gp free crafting allowance which can be used here)
Solstafir's Commission: 825 gp
Total price: 2640 gp

Extra bonuses:
Armor categories being AC (+1), Max Dex (+1), Armor Check Penalty (-3), Arcane Spell Failure (-5%), Speed reduction (-5 feet of reduction), tower shield attack penalty(-1).
The first point in each category costs 5, subsequent points cost 10, and Solstafir currently has 25 points to assign on each item. So 3 points in one stat, 2 points in one and 1 in a couple of others, or 1 point each in all 5.

List Price: 750 gp
Brewing Cost: 295.31 gp
Orchid's Commission: 112.5 gp
Total Price: 407.81

Couldn't find anything obvious to give permanent or long-term Greater Invisibility. The MIC has some that can give you a few rounds of it if needed:
Boots of Tracklessness (list price 11,000) - gives you a permanent pass without trace and 7 rounds of greater invisibility once per day.
Ring of Vanishing (list price 30,000) - 3 times per day, 2 rounds of greater invisibility (that also works against hearing, scent, blindsense, blindsight, and tremorsense)
Dust of Disappearance (list price 3,500) - 2d6 rounds of greater invisibility

It would be 2 points of ac, one of max dex, everything else is already negated.

Might dump the amulet of natural armor and pick up a minor cloak of displacement for permanent 20% miss chance. Is it craftable? I think I can manage that plus the boots and the ring…

Has anyone purchased the stat increasing tome?

whoiam
2022-10-15, 10:38 PM
It would be 2 points of ac, one of max dex, everything else is already negated.

Might dump the amulet of natural armor and pick up a minor cloak of displacement for permanent 20% miss chance. Is it craftable? I think I can manage that plus the boots and the ring…

Has anyone purchased the stat increasing tome?

The minor cloak of displacement is a wondrous item requiring a third level spell... so yes, it should be craftable. List price is 24,000, so 3600 commission and 9450 in crafting costs. 4500/11,812.5 for the ring, and 1650/4331.25 for the boots.

whoiam
2022-10-15, 10:49 PM
I've considered a stat book before, but... Ultimately, they're more expensive than adding +stat enhancement bonuses to existing magic items. (Lis upgrading her int bonus from +4 to +6 cost around 11,000.)

So it won't be worth the money unless we either loot one of those books or max out the cheaper stat enhancements and still want more points.

Thundercracker
2022-10-16, 12:06 AM
I've considered a stat book before, but... Ultimately, they're more expensive than adding +stat enhancement bonuses to existing magic items. (Lis upgrading her int bonus from +4 to +6 cost around 11,000.)

So it won't be worth the money unless we either loot one of those books or max out the cheaper stat enhancements and still want more points.

Better do those first then… i have 3.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-16, 10:40 AM
Reminder that Orchid can't have Forge Ring for at least a few more levels.

whoiam
2022-10-16, 10:43 AM
Ah, you're right. Where did I get the idea you already had it...? :(

Yas392
2022-10-16, 10:44 AM
If no one is haggling, Levi may do it depending on whether Staffy is inert or active at the time of bargaining though he will need boosts to his checks before he do it.

Thundercracker
2022-10-16, 10:50 AM
Ugh, even if I bought all that, I still have 18k to spend... adding transmuting property to the kukri's requires CL13, can anyone hit that yet?
Greater Blurring property on the armor is a +2 bonus, and then I'd get to keep the neck slot, that one is CL12.

TheFallenOne
2022-10-16, 02:19 PM
Sorry, been really busy, change of employer(though not job), paperwork and all that, and been meaning to make an IC post to drive Solstafir's story but writer's block has critted me for a good while now. I'll sort out my level up tomorrow and see if I can catch up on everything else.

dantiesilva
2022-10-17, 05:18 AM
Sorry, been really busy, change of employer(though not job), paperwork and all that, and been meaning to make an IC post to drive Solstafir's story but writer's block has critted me for a good while now. I'll sort out my level up tomorrow and see if I can catch up on everything else.

It's all good TheFallenOne, hope everything worked out for the better with the new employer. Only thing you missed at least from me is Abigail buying weapons forged by you for her disciples at the church, and me asking what kind of bonuses their quaterstaffs could get.

Yas392
2022-10-17, 05:45 AM
No worries. Real life comes first. As from me, nothing except haggling for Staffy for more $$$ than usual.

I might have Levi ask Alistar/Orchid for divine insight, guidance of the avatar and glibness.

TheFallenOne
2022-10-17, 02:35 PM
Crusader 7/Iron Soul Forgemaster 3

+1 BAB
+0.5 Fort, +0.5 Will, +0.33 Ref
+1 both Crafts, +3 Intimidate
Forge Lore: +3 Insight on Craft
+1 Essentia
New maneuver known: Covering Strike. Would have been hilarious against Robilar's, but even without that I think turning off AoOs will help more in Death Doors than boosting our already obscene damage output some more.

Starting money:
Comission on Alistair's armor and weapons from before: 6105
8999 XP: 44995
Plus his share of the loot

For the monks Abigail would offer to pay Solstafir to make each of them a quaterstaff made from Bronzewood (unless he recommends something else) making each Quaterstaff cost 1,500gp each (this would be their salary until they pay off said item through work). I forget what Solstafir can add to said items, but I think range and damage would be best. (Range to be able to deal with attackers while still remaining safe, damage to quickly incapacitate the enemies so they can be restrained.)

I can do damage, but only add reach on ranged weapons, not melee. Unless you're religiously committed to quarterstaffs perhaps use entangling poles(BoED) for nonlethal damage plus reach, or goads(Frostburn) which has the choice of nonlethal bludgeoning or lethal piercing? The guards would have to train for the exotic weapon, but I think giving the guards weapons with innate nonlethal option would fit her commitment.

@Aegis For investment, I'm right now mainly looking at replicating the Key to Safe Passage, even at a huge cost. I think the best way to advance the Anvil of Embers subplot is to present his discovery with tangible proof. He's... not exactly the diplomatic kind to convince people.
Oh, and I think you never gave me a cost for Master rank in the Foundry, which gave me access to a spellpool for crafting purposes.

dantiesilva
2022-10-17, 04:48 PM
I can do damage, but only add reach on ranged weapons, not melee. Unless you're religiously committed to quarterstaffs perhaps use entangling poles(BoED) for nonlethal damage plus reach, or goads(Frostburn) which has the choice of nonlethal bludgeoning or lethal piercing? The guards would have to train for the exotic weapon, but I think giving the guards weapons with innate nonlethal option would fit her commitment.

I did plan on turning them into mancatchers or entangling poles so I am perfectly fine with simply starting there and having the monks train in using them. So what would the new damage be then as you can only boost the damage?

Yas392
2022-10-18, 12:39 AM
@Aegis013 If we are haggling, do we skip appraise?

QuadraticGish
2022-10-18, 09:43 AM
Ugh, even if I bought all that, I still have 18k to spend... adding transmuting property to the kukri's requires CL13, can anyone hit that yet?
Greater Blurring property on the armor is a +2 bonus, and then I'd get to keep the neck slot, that one is CL12.

No worries. Real life comes first. As from me, nothing except haggling for Staffy for more $$$ than usual.

I might have Levi ask Alistar/Orchid for divine insight, guidance of the avatar and glibness.

Can be provided.

Yas392
2022-10-18, 11:06 AM
Can be provided.

Will also ask for benediction for the re-roll.

Aegis013
2022-10-18, 06:12 PM
@Aegis For investment, I'm right now mainly looking at replicating the Key to Safe Passage, even at a huge cost. I think the best way to advance the Anvil of Embers subplot is to present his discovery with tangible proof. He's... not exactly the diplomatic kind to convince people.
Oh, and I think you never gave me a cost for Master rank in the Foundry, which gave me access to a spellpool for crafting purposes.

Solstafir could attempt to replicate it for the cost of a +3 Heavy Mace with an extra 10,000gp for the intricate shape - though I won't guarantee that the replica would work exactly like the original.

How about this:
1000 XP for Master Rank and spellpool access to all 3rd level spells and lower
+3000 XP for spellpool access to all 6th level spells and lower
+6000 XP for spellpool access to all 9th level spells and lower

Spells from the spellpool are only available to the Foundry member and can only be used for crafting.

@Aegis013 If we are haggling, do we skip appraise?

The general merchants in Solum aren't interested in Staffy because they wouldn't be able sell it since it'll just Dimension Door away.
I'm willing to hand-wave Staffy being sold at half (meaning net 15,000gp for the group rather than the 30k). Otherwise, the onus is on you to come up with some special way to utilize Staffy or exploit its abilities for your gain.

Yas392
2022-10-18, 06:39 PM
The general merchants in Solum aren't interested in Staffy because they wouldn't be able sell it since it'll just Dimension Door away.
I'm willing to hand-wave Staffy being sold at half (meaning net 15,000gp for the group rather than the 30k). Otherwise, the onus is on you to come up with some special way to utilize Staffy or exploit its abilities for your gain.

What about if it is dispelled then dimensional anchored?

Aegis013
2022-10-18, 07:06 PM
The merchant would have to sell it before the duration of the dimensional anchor expires and Staffy just Dimension Doors away, which is less than 10 minutes. Not a lot of time to find a buyer and convince them to overlook the item's shortcomings.

Something tells me none of your characters would be interested in spending a huge portion of their downtime keeping Staffy shut down just to deceive some other delver into purchasing Staffy. With a pretty likely result of Staffy killing them in the Dungeon in an effort to "rescue" them from combat.

Yas392
2022-10-18, 07:40 PM
The merchant would have to sell it before the duration of the dimensional anchor expires and Staffy just Dimension Doors away, which is less than 10 minutes. Not a lot of time to find a buyer and convince them to overlook the item's shortcomings.

Something tells me none of your characters would be interested in spending a huge portion of their downtime keeping Staffy shut down just to deceive some other delver into purchasing Staffy. With a pretty likely result of Staffy killing them in the Dungeon in an effort to "rescue" them from combat.

Def not delvers. Our characters are trying to haggle with that collector you mentioned. If that is not an option, Levi will be fine getting 15k.

Aegis013
2022-10-19, 06:03 PM
I'm not personally interested in haggling scenes. Especially in PbP format.

Staffy has a potentially very useful suite of abilities if you can convince it to join your cause, but a very troublesome demeanor. If the group just wants to be rid of it, which is entirely understandable, 15k gp is what the group can get with the assumption that you successfully haggle up the collector as far as they can afford already.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-19, 06:57 PM
While Orchid really wants nothing to do with Staffy, she does not want to resort to fraud.

Thundercracker
2022-10-19, 08:08 PM
Let’s keep Staffy. I get the feeling he’s going to come in handy, and we are not hurting for gold.

Yas392
2022-10-19, 08:43 PM
Levi is keen on getting rid of him.

Aegis013
2022-10-19, 09:15 PM
We've got:

2 for selling Staffy (I'm counting Orchid here).
1 for letting Staffy do as it pleases (Abigail).
1 for keeping Staffy (Alistair).

whoiam and TheFallenOne, what would Liselle and Solstafir want to do with Staffy?

dantiesilva
2022-10-20, 12:05 AM
Yeah I feel letting staffy choose to help us is more likely to help long term then tricking him to help. I would say think of the long con.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-20, 01:18 AM
Orchid can be persuaded to another option, but she really just would rather it involve her not being near Staffy as she finds its voice absolutely migraine inducing.

TheFallenOne
2022-10-20, 01:40 AM
I'm gonna represent Team Evil here and say I'd favour Orchid just eating Staffy for the XP. Gives us less than selling it but bonus points for hilarity.

dantiesilva
2022-10-20, 02:16 AM
I'm gonna represent Team Evil here and say I'd favour Orchid just eating Staffy for the XP. Gives us less than selling it but bonus points for hilarity.

Still waiting on the cost of said entangling staff made out of bronzewood as well as how much damage or such it would do created by Solstafir

Yas392
2022-10-20, 02:32 AM

*Imagines dimension anchored Staffy screeching and struggling in mouth of a naga esque person as she catches him between her teeth and chomps on him* That's a funny thought. That will give her about 5-12k XP. Enough to fast track the research of the elixir and cut down the side effects if it is poured into the project.

Is Solstafir weapon creation 52.5% base cost + 15% commission fees? And does the each party member gets free 500 gold deduction for crafting from Solstafir after every delve? Just checking the correct rates.

TheFallenOne
2022-10-20, 05:56 AM
Solstafir could attempt to replicate it for the cost of a +3 Heavy Mace with an extra 10,000gp for the intricate shape - though I won't guarantee that the replica would work exactly like the original.

How about this:
1000 XP for Master Rank and spellpool access to all 3rd level spells and lower
+3000 XP for spellpool access to all 6th level spells and lower
+6000 XP for spellpool access to all 9th level spells and lower

Spells from the spellpool are only available to the Foundry member and can only be used for crafting.

Looks good, I'll get the first two levels of the spellpool now, might be a bit longer until I need 7+ spells.

I'll go for the mace as well and test it on our next Delve. The way the key worked was the 'slot' to insert it opened up along with the return portal, so I can test whether it works without actually having to use it up.

Still waiting on the cost of said entangling staff made out of bronzewood as well as how much damage or such it would do created by Solstafir

I'm struggling a bit here, I only find bronzewood in Arms and Equipment Guide, no 3.5 reprint. And in A&EG it's an armor material, for weapons it would only provide a little bit of weight reduction at a high price of 500 GP per pound on a five pound weapon. You'd get better for much cheaper with Darkwood at a mere 10 GP per pound, saving more than enough to put a +1 on each of them and have money left over.

If you go that route, each entangling pole would have a base price of 4 GP +300 MW(can't use Dwarvencraft on wood items) + 50 for the Darkwood, coming to 354 market price. Final cost 117.67 to craft plus 53.1 commission = 170.77 GP.
If you add +1, 2000 market price, 1050 to craft plus 300 commission = 1350 GP.

As for damage, it only starts at 1d4 but with my Craft modifier at a whooping 41 now I can improve one stat three times and another once(20 MW DC, +5+10+10, +5, for a DC of 50 which I pass with Take 10). Three size increases brings 1d4 to a far more formidable 2d6, and I could increase the x2 crit to either x3 or 19-20/x2.

*Imagines dimension anchored Staffy screeching and struggling in mouth of a naga esque person as she catches him between her teeth and chomps on him* That's a funny thought. That will give her about 5-12k XP. Enough to fast track the research of the elixir and cut down the side effects if it is poured into the project.

Is Solstafir weapon creation 52.5% base cost + 15% commission fees? And does the each party member gets free 500 gold deduction for crafting from Solstafir after every delve? Just checking the correct rates.

Yeah, those numbers for crafting are right. Everyone gets a 500 GP stipend to use on items crafted by me.

dantiesilva
2022-10-20, 06:18 AM
I'm struggling a bit here, I only find bronzewood in Arms and Equipment Guide, no 3.5 reprint. And in A&EG it's an armor material, for weapons it would only provide a little bit of weight reduction at a high price of 500 GP per pound on a five pound weapon. You'd get better for much cheaper with Darkwood at a mere 10 GP per pound, saving more than enough to put a +1 on each of them and have money left over.

If you go that route, each entangling pole would have a base price of 4 GP +300 MW(can't use Dwarvencraft on wood items) + 50 for the Darkwood, coming to 354 market price. Final cost 117.67 to craft plus 53.1 commission = 170.77 GP.

As for damage, it only starts at 1d4 but with my Craft modifier at a whooping 41 now I can improve one stat three times and another once(20 MW DC, +5+10+10, +5, for a DC of 50 which I pass with Take 10). Three size increases brings 1d4 to a far more formidable 2d6, and I could increase the x2 crit to either x3 or 19-20/x2.

If I'm not mistaken it was brought in Ebberon as well. Though it still did just as you say, nothing more. If you believe Darkwood is the best for this then I will go with your suggestion (rule number one of buying stuff, unless you make it or use it often and thus do your own research don't argue with the salesman). I will put the +1 onto them as well as it is about the same price I was going to be paying for the Broonzewood versions without any magical modifiers.

Damage 2d6 on a nonlethal weapon sounds good to me, and is there any chance our DM would allow us to improve its grapple bonus sticking to the theme of nonlethal? If not thats fine and I will take the x3.

Also that would be 4 commissioned by Abigail for a total of 5,400gp being given to you. I will go update the monk sheets I made that would be using these.

Yas392
2022-10-20, 06:22 AM
Looks good, I'll get the first two levels of the spellpool now, might be a bit longer until I need 7+ spells.

I'll go for the mace as well and test it on our next Delve. The way the key worked was the 'slot' to insert it opened up along with the return portal, so I can test whether it works without actually having to use it up.

Yeah, those numbers for crafting are right. Everyone gets a 500 GP stipend to use on items crafted by me.

OK. I think he has 500 more gold. I miscalculated last purchases.

TheFallenOne
2022-10-20, 08:42 AM
If I'm not mistaken it was brought in Ebberon as well. Though it still did just as you say, nothing more. If you believe Darkwood is the best for this then I will go with your suggestion (rule number one of buying stuff, unless you make it or use it often and thus do your own research don't argue with the salesman). I will put the +1 onto them as well as it is about the same price I was going to be paying for the Broonzewood versions without any magical modifiers.

Damage 2d6 on a nonlethal weapon sounds good to me, and is there any chance our DM would allow us to improve its grapple bonus sticking to the theme of nonlethal? If not thats fine and I will take the x3.

Also that would be 4 commissioned by Abigail for a total of 5,400gp being given to you. I will go update the monk sheets I made that would be using these.

Ah right, they're monks. So they'd need three feats to remove the -4 nonproficiency penalty(Simple, Martial, Exotic Weapon Proficiency), definitely not worth it.

Tell you what, I might have a better idea. Loses the grapple option with the weapon, but they can do that unarmed anyway. Merciful weapon enhancement put on a monk weapon they're already proficient with; turns all damage nonlethal, with an extra 1d6 to boot. Since you always need the base +1 the market price would be a rather expensive 8000 + 300 MW + base weapon price/special material, but here comes the trick: Dragonshard Pommel Stone from Forge of War. Makes magical enhancements 25% more expensive, but can be freely tranfered from weapon to weapon. So, instead of giving every single guard an expensive magical weapon, they'd rather have a cheap masterwork one and only the guards on duty will have the magical bonus, which should be a third of the lot assuming eight hour shifts. Far more efficient resource management.

And since they're using a special monk weapon now they can even Flurry with it! Doing 4d6+1 nonlethal with either a quarterstaff or nunchacks(1d6 base going to 3d6 with 3 size increases, +1d6 from Merciful) before strength or any other bonuses. That's quite formidable for a low level monk.

dantiesilva
2022-10-20, 09:05 AM
I figured 2 monks per healer with an extra two at the front door to start with. Later on perhaps buying and training some archers that use blunt arrows for the most part however they have the option to use others for instance against undead and the like.

Yeah I mainly choose monks for the stunning fist through the monk weapons, mixed with their flurry of blows while the DC won't be stellar it will be decent enough to deal with most low level threats about 50% of the time or more, and between that and the "I'm gonna knock you unconscious if you keep trying to get through to hurt people" they should be good for what they are meant to do. Hmm perhaps have the archers as bards or Marshals to increase....*starts making notes and checking how things interact*

As for the merciful weapon enchantment it was going to be the next stage I actually asked for when I upgraded the temple again. That all weapons in the zone of the temple dealt non-lethal damage/gave the merciful enchantment. As it wouldn't effect the Dungeon unless it once again came out to the real world these are all precautions mind you but still. Better to be safe then sorry as if an incursion happens again the rich will be more or less fine due to paying people to protect them and having special safe rooms. It's the poor that will suffer the most. And during such an invasion having the enchantments on a stone would be less helpful and more of a danger then having them on all weapons.

Edit it looks like each weapon would cost 4,170gp before commission and stuff roughly so for 4 monks she could pay for that at this moment with ease and still have gold left over for food stocks and such to help the poor.

Aegis013
2022-10-20, 07:04 PM
I'll be on vacation for the next few days. The earliest I'll definitely be back is the 25th.

I may be able to respond on mobile for random questions, but it's not guaranteed.

Thundercracker
2022-10-20, 07:53 PM

Wait, that's an option? How much xp would it be?

QuadraticGish
2022-10-21, 10:06 AM
Wait, that's an option? How much xp would it be?
Good luck with convincing her to do that to Staffy. As an aside, @Aegis how long would have Orchid and Solstafir been delving at this point?

dantiesilva
2022-10-21, 02:40 PM
@Aegis have a good little vacation.

Aegis013
2022-10-23, 10:32 PM
Good luck with convincing her to do that to Staffy. As an aside, @Aegis how long would have Orchid and Solstafir been delving at this point?

Probably around 4 years. It's around 6 months between delves.

dantiesilva
2022-10-27, 07:35 AM
Sorry guys I'll be posting later today.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-27, 12:18 PM
Alright, here's the basic layout of the School. Capacity is pretty much expected to be 30 students. Since it's the first batch, Orchid will likely be sure to ensure that at minimum she gets students that she can divide into 5 parties of 6. I'm assuming Orchid at this point with the party qualify for great renown(+2 to leadership score), leaving her with a leadership Score of 16. If her reputation is worth more let me know. Anyway, this gets a staff of 25 1st level NPCs, 2 2nd level NPCs, and 1 3rd level NPC in addition to her 7th level assistant/cohort. So, while Orchid will be the Headmistress, her assistant will become the vice Headmaster. They will take teaching roles along with the 3rd and 2nd level NPCs and any of the party members that are willing to help. Any remaining level 1 NPCs will be delegated to misc staff/teaching requirements along with any residual benefit from her XP expentidures.

Still thinking on what to spend XP on, but I'm thinking along the lines of either more dungeon information, or getting more information on our sponsors.

Name
Type
SS
GP Cost
Amount
Total SS
Final Cost
Funds(GP)

Armory
Basic

Auditorium
Fancy

Courtyard
Basic

Chapel
Basic

Gate House
Basic

Kitchen
Basic

Library
Basic

Storage
Basic

Study/Office
Basic

Training Area
Combat

Workplace
Basic

Walls
Wood

Stable
Basic

Booklot
General

Booklot
Arcana

Booklot
Planes

Shop
Basic

Smithy
Basic

Dining Hall
Basic

Walls

SS total
Material Cost/Space
Interior Wall %
Total Cost

Funding

GP from Feat
GP invested*
Others
Total

Note *: GP Orchid invests gets double benefit.

Yas392
2022-10-27, 12:31 PM
"Young" Levi running is not because of prior experience. The idea of dying and not coming back in the dungeon frightens him like how a child would be frightened by horror stories to provide context.

Aegis013
2022-10-28, 12:15 PM
Hi everybody. It looks like the roleplay scene is nearing a natural conclusion so I plan to start the next delve in the next day or two, so be sure to make any finishing touches from leveling up or ask any final questions or similar.

dantiesilva
2022-10-28, 12:24 PM
I'm all set

Thundercracker
2022-10-28, 06:10 PM

I’m waiting on a response to the above. If anyone can do it that’s great otherwise I’ll find something else to spend cash on.

Are we selling staffy?

Yas392
2022-10-28, 06:39 PM
I believe we are waiting for Liselle's response on that. Fallen responded to get rid of Staffy via Orchid consuming it for XP.

whoiam
2022-10-28, 07:05 PM
I thought QuadraticGish said no to that?

Either way, Liselle's gotten through the important parts of her shopping list for the level, so no preference here what we do with the staff.

Thundercracker
2022-10-28, 08:27 PM
I am ok with someone eating it for xp, but I want to know what class function / ability allows that bc that sounds like a fun character / npc.

whoiam
2022-10-28, 08:56 PM
Its an Artificer ability - Retain Essence.

Retain Essence (Su): At 5th level, an artificer gains the ability to salvage the XP from a magic item and use those points to create another magic item. The artificer must spend a day with the item, and he must also have the appropriate item creation feat for the item he is salvaging. After one day, the item is destroyed and the artificer adds the XP it took to create the item to his craft reserve. These points are lost if the artificer does not use them before gaining his next level.

Of course, now that I actually look the wording up... I don't think Orchid can do it to Staffy until we hit ECL12.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-29, 10:21 AM
Yeah, eating Staffy crosses a line for Orchid; even if she does find his voice absolutely grating.

QuadraticGish
2022-10-29, 10:22 AM
I’m waiting on a response to the above. If anyone can do it that’s great otherwise I’ll find something else to spend cash on.

Are we selling staffy?

I'm pretty sure that I mentioned Orchid can't cheat CL requirements, so you might as well spend the cash elsewhere or save it.
EDIT: Orchid is pretty much good to go.

Aegis013
2022-10-29, 11:00 AM
The plurality of votes were to sell or get rid of Staffy, so he's sold for another 15,000gp split between the group.

Yas392
2022-10-29, 11:22 AM
So we getting 30k or 15k split? The maths confused me.

Aegis013
2022-10-29, 02:36 PM
Staffy's "normal" market price for an intelligent object of its abilities would be 60k gp, but Staffy's particular difficulties reduce his price on market by half to 30k gp, and items sell for half again, leaving 15k gp brought in to be divided among the characters.

Thundercracker
2022-10-29, 10:10 PM
Staffy's "normal" market price for an intelligent object of its abilities would be 60k gp, but Staffy's particular difficulties reduce his price on market by half to 30k gp, and items sell for half again, leaving 15k gp brought in to be divided among the characters.

Alistair will put up the 15k to buy staffy.

Also thinking minor cloak of displacement and boots of tracklessness. With leftover gold, would upgrade the bracers of dex, belt of giant str, and headband of intellect from +2 to +4. Will work out the math later today.

Yas392
2022-10-29, 10:46 PM
So the 15k with be split 4 ways since Alistar is buying him?

Thundercracker
2022-10-30, 12:35 AM
So the 15k with be split 4 ways since Alistar is buying him?

i would think still split 5 ways (there are 5 of us right?) but Alistair gets his share back. That way the staff stays in the party.

whoiam
2022-10-30, 04:46 AM
The total reward pool goes up by 15k, but Alistair then loses 15k of his portion (because he's taking Staffy instead of money for that 15k),

So we all get an extra 3k, Alistair has a net 12k loss, but he gets to keep staffy.

Yas392
2022-10-30, 07:38 AM
OK.

@Aegis013 What are the costs of Flyby Attack, Shape Soulmeld, Improved Essentia Capacity, Open Least Chakra (Crown) & Improved Precise Shot?

@dantesilva & @QuadraticGish Feel free to add finishing touch on the RP. Levi is himself again.

dantiesilva
2022-10-30, 08:23 AM
I doubt Abigail would be at Orchids the next day as well given she knows orchid is setting up her school and she her temple so it's only orchid.

Thundercracker
2022-10-30, 09:14 AM
Alright I think I'm just about done:

Starting gold: 1988
Delve: 36231
Sales: 8558 (2x Kukri +1, Mithral Fullplate, Amulet of Natural Armor +1)
Total: 46777
Buy:
Mithral Breastplate +1: 2640
Potion of Neutralize Poison: 750
Boots of Tracklessness: 8662.5
Minor Cloak of Displacement: 13050
Staffy: 12000
Total: 37102.5
Remainder: 9674.5

That should be enough to upgrade bracers of dexterity from +2 to +4, right?

Alistair would have spent time between delves with the fam, and getting to know Staffy.

Yas392
2022-10-30, 09:52 AM
Also, almost done. Rolling for binding before I finish my mechanics and post IC.

Binding (Tenebrous): [roll0]

Binding (Dantalion): [roll1]

Binding (Zhrine): [roll2]

EDIT: I dislike Vain Zhrine. Screw you, RNG.

Aegis013
2022-10-30, 11:54 AM
OK.

@Aegis013 What are the costs of Flyby Attack, Shape Soulmeld, Improved Essentia Capacity, Open Least Chakra (Crown) & Improved Precise Shot?

@dantesilva & @QuadraticGish Feel free to add finishing touch on the RP. Levi is himself again.

Flyby Attack - 500 xp - I'm discounting this one because its benefit likely won't be as noticeable in a theater of the mind game.
Shape Soulmeld - 2000 xp
Improved Essentia Capacity - 2000xp
Open Least Chakra (Crown) - 2000xp - however, my ruling is this simply provides 1 Bind as long as it's in the crown slot so these feats could potentially be used as +1 Bind for incarnum characters as long as something is bound to the appropriate slot.
Improved Precise Shot - 2000xp

Remember you still need to meet the prereqs, Imp. Precise Shot requires BAB +11 so I don't think it's currently a legal purchase option.

Alistair would have spent time between delves with the fam, and getting to know Staffy.

Staffy is a weird character. Spending time connecting with Staffy Alistair gains some interesting information.
Staffy worships a deity that it refers to as the Plutonic Ideal Of Staff, or PIOS. This object deity seems to have unbelievably rigid ways of thinking, which Staffy conform to, lest this deity's wrath be met upon Staffy, causing a dramatic shift in Staffy's alignment and making it so that instead of going to the afterlife Staffy seeks, it will be reborn as a humanoid. A tragic fate so unspeakable Staffy only references this possibility indirectly. One of the tenants of following PIOS is to never be involved in combat. However, Staffy experiences loneliness and because Alistair is Staffy's first friend it will generally cooperate amicably as long as the situation doesn't doesn't go against Staffy's faith which compels it to try to escape combat.

Staffy will generally obey Alistair's wishes at any time other than during initiative. Once initiative starts, if Staffy is unattended, it will Dimension Door in a random direction until it believes it is safe. If Staffy is attended, it requires a Will Save DC 22 otherwise Staffy's desire to never be involved in combat overpowers you and Dimension Doors you in a random direction for maximum distance until it believes you are both safe.

Outside of combat, Staffy can be used for any creative use you want to try its powers for.
If Staffy teleports away from combat on its own, it will attempt to teleport back after 5 minutes to return to Alistair.

Market price: 60,000gp
+1/+1 Quarterstaff
Int: 17, Wis: 10, Cha 17
Telepathic, can read any language or magic text, can cast Dimension Door on itself and its wielder at-will.
Ego: 12 (When held, every round of combat, Staffy the Staff requires you to make a Will Save DC: 22 or else it takes control and consumes your standard action to Dimension Door you 680ft in a random direction. This happens immediately upon the initiative roll and every round after until Staffy the Staff has "rescued" you from the combat or combat ends by some other means.)
The wielder of Staffy the Staff can call upon its ability to Dimension Door at-will at a Caster Level of 7.

Yas392
2022-10-30, 01:02 PM
Flyby Attack - 500 xp - I'm discounting this one because its benefit likely won't be as noticeable in a theater of the mind game.
Shape Soulmeld - 2000 xp
Improved Essentia Capacity - 2000xp
Open Least Chakra (Crown) - 2000xp - however, my ruling is this simply provides 1 Bind as long as it's in the crown slot so these feats could potentially be used as +1 Bind for incarnum characters as long as something is bound to the appropriate slot.
Improved Precise Shot - 2000xp

Remember you still need to meet the prereqs, Imp. Precise Shot requires BAB +11 so I don't think it's currently a legal purchase option.

And he does not meet dex requirement either. This is going to be a late level option for him once Levi boosts his dex.

dantiesilva
2022-10-31, 08:22 AM
I have people doing work on my house today so I may not be able to post until tonight or early tomorrow as a heads up.

Yas392
2022-10-31, 10:20 AM
I don't get the calculation from the cloak of resistance upgrade from your post, @whoiam. How are my numbers higher?

whoiam
2022-10-31, 02:02 PM
Assuming you mean the one in Liselle's spending for the level: Its a typo.

If you check the spending table closely, you'll notice that my running total of Liselle's funds goes down a lot more than that line suggests it should... since I had the correct prices in the spreadsheet (3543.75 + 1350 commission), but copied the wrong figures (the cost of the Ghost Shroud, it seems) when writing up the table.

Yas392
2022-10-31, 08:58 PM
Assuming you mean the one in Liselle's spending for the level: Its a typo.

If you check the spending table closely, you'll notice that my running total of Liselle's funds goes down a lot more than that line suggests it should... since I had the correct prices in the spreadsheet (3543.75 + 1350 commission), but copied the wrong figures (the cost of the Ghost Shroud, it seems) when writing up the table.

Typo. Got it. We have the same figures now.

Thundercracker
2022-10-31, 10:31 PM
Okay, I'm going to assume it's 52.5% + 15% commission to upgrade the gloves of dexterity, and the difference between +2 and +4 is 12k, so that means it costs Alistair 8100, leaving him with 1574.5 when all is said and done.

Yas392
2022-10-31, 11:35 PM
Not sure what this bit is.

525gp (profit from spending the crafting allowance on resale goods).

@Aegis013 I'll post after Abigail get in a post to get the rolls in. How much is mindsight?

whoiam
2022-11-01, 08:39 AM
Each level, we get a 500gp/delver materials allowance from the crafting guild Solstafir is a member of. Basically because we're good advertising for their products.

We can use that to pay for the materials cost of things we have Solstafir make for us... Or we can use it to craft random things and resell them.

If you go for the resale route, 500gp of materials makes 1500gp of random goods. Solstafir charges 225gp for the work, and the goods sell for 750 gp. Net result: 525gp added to your regular funds, 225gp added to Solstafir's.

dantiesilva
2022-11-01, 11:27 AM
At work I'll add buffs later.

Aegis013
2022-11-01, 12:27 PM
Not sure what this bit is.

525gp (profit from spending the crafting allowance on resale goods).

@Aegis013 I'll post after Abigail get in a post to get the rolls in. How much is mindsight?

I'll add mindsight notes to the most recent IC post.

Wait, does Levi have mindsight? I see the Shedu Crown on your sheet which gives Telepathy 100ft, but I don't see mindsight in either Levi's purchased feats or for his 9th level feat. If Levi just has Telepathy, it picks up nothing because it doesn't do that.

Yas392
2022-11-01, 12:37 PM
I'll add mindsight notes to the most recent IC post.

Wait, does Levi have mindsight? I see the Shedu Crown on your sheet which gives Telepathy 100ft, but I don't see mindsight in either Levi's purchased feats or for his 9th level feat. If Levi just has Telepathy, it picks up nothing because it doesn't do that.

No. I am asking for the cost of mindsight (Levi has 2,000 XP left because he does not qualify for Improved Essentia Capacity due to 15 con requisite). He has telepathy via shedu crown.

EDIT: If the cost is high, I will spend the leftover XP on something else.

Aegis013
2022-11-01, 01:24 PM
Ah, I misunderstood.

Mindsight is an especially powerful feat so I'm going to put it at 5,000 XP.

Yas392
2022-11-01, 02:22 PM
Ah, I misunderstood.

Mindsight is an especially powerful feat so I'm going to put it at 5,000 XP.

OK. He will use it on something else. I will post the rolls sometime later today.

dantiesilva
2022-11-01, 09:54 PM
Okay sorry about that just got home, time for a list of buffs

Note all undead within 10ft of Abigail take 1d4 damage from Holy Radiance ( so kinda an early detection system)

Party
Mass Conviction +3 Morale bonus on Saving throws 90 Minutes

Self
Lumonious Armor (this way enemies suffer a -4 to hit her) 9 hours
Healing Lorecall (boosts her CL up to 12 for all healing spells and heals almost all status effects effecting a person)90 mins

Death Ward (9 mins) on whoever is taking the lead opening doors this way if they are attacked chances are they will be good if its undead.

EDIT

Also Prior to entering the Dungeon she would have also spent time with Orchid examining the changes in her body since eating another Dungeon fruit as well as drinking the elixir compared to her last sample. Taking 20, for a total of 46 without fully buffing it up any. Basically trying to see what changes have occurred between my previous samples and this one.

Yas392
2022-11-02, 09:41 AM
I forgot that Dispelling Cord takes up Torso. Will recalculate the combine cost of Vest and Cord, paying Orchid extra later.

Aegis013
2022-11-03, 09:36 AM
Ring of Mind Shielding doesn't explicitly say Telepathy is blocked, so while Discern Lies, Detect Thoughts, and any Detect Alignment will be blocked, Abigail can "hear" Levi's telepathic projection and can choose to project back if desired.

dantiesilva
2022-11-03, 09:39 AM
It's not a ring, it's from Vow of poverty.

Yas392
2022-11-03, 10:43 AM
Will be waiting for responses from Orchid and Alistar regarding the cover Levi created and readiness.

Aegis013
2022-11-03, 11:49 AM
It's not a ring, it's from Vow of poverty.

It'd be the same, the text on the VoP benefit appears to be the same as the ring.

Yas392
2022-11-03, 11:50 AM
@Aegis013 Is the door human sized?

Aegis013
2022-11-03, 07:39 PM
Yes, the door is appropriately sized for medium size category creatures.

dantiesilva
2022-11-03, 09:37 PM
Ooc I'm honestly surprised the flame didn't reveal anything on the other side. Can our walking chest carry one? This way it's magic isn't cancelled out by the darkness? If not Abigail might just carry both.

Yas392
2022-11-04, 04:11 AM
Calculations redone. If Orchid and Solstafir wants to backtrack to see how much they get, links on signature under "Advancement Post" and "Previous Advancement Post."

QuadraticGish
2022-11-04, 09:24 AM
Ooc I'm honestly surprised the flame didn't reveal anything on the other side. Can our walking chest carry one? This way it's magic isn't cancelled out by the darkness? If not Abigail might just carry both.
Yeah, Chester actually does have arms.

Aegis013
2022-11-18, 04:54 PM
Oops, forgot:
initiative:
[roll0] Wraith
[roll1]

dantiesilva
2022-11-20, 10:01 PM
I thought we did however I'm not 100% sure, could be a different game. Do we have a way to cast SM 1-3 to summon Badgers? It may not seem like much but if we can get it up to 3rd level 3 badgers burrowing at 10ft./round could easily make a space big enough for medium creatures to walk from the existing tunnel I believe.

QuadraticGish
2022-11-21, 11:24 AM
I thought we did however I'm not 100% sure, could be a different game. Do we have a way to cast SM 1-3 to summon Badgers? It may not seem like much but if we can get it up to 3rd level 3 badgers burrowing at 10ft./round could easily make a space big enough for medium creatures to walk from the existing tunnel I believe.

Orchid can burn infusions to do it. Though, I'd rather try to save them potentially more important things. Then again, this could be it though with her CL they wouldn't be able to dig very far. Also, I don't know if they leave tunnels.

dantiesilva
2022-11-25, 10:29 PM
My day off is tomorrow so I will post then

QuadraticGish
2022-11-27, 01:23 PM
Busy holidays were busy.

Aegis013
2022-12-08, 01:35 PM
It's unclear to me which direction the party is interested in exploring next.

You could head down the stairs or try to find a way past the portcullis into the chamber where there are another three sarcophagi.

dantiesilva
2022-12-08, 01:49 PM
I honestly am unclear as well. From what I can gather it's providing cover for ourselves before going to the three sarcarphi? But even then I'm not 100% sure.

Yas392
2022-12-08, 04:20 PM
That is the intent of Levi's cover. Cover against the sarcophagi before someone interact with them.

dantiesilva
2022-12-08, 04:54 PM
That is the intent of Levi's cover. Cover against the sarcophagi before someone interact with them.

How does one "cover against the sarcophagi AND interact with it?

Yas392
2022-12-08, 07:04 PM
How does one "cover against the sarcophagi AND interact with it?

Levi is using covers as walls against sarcophagi as previous room; walls facing against them, not burying sarcophagi or layering a second shell over them.

dantiesilva
2022-12-08, 08:04 PM
How do you open it from behind a wall?

Yas392
2022-12-08, 08:07 PM
The walls are to cover everyone else while a daring soul marches up to a coffin to flip off the lid. Levi had not space the walls close to the sarcophagi so narrow spaces are not a concern that factors into interaction.

Aegis013
2022-12-10, 12:03 PM
How are you getting through the portcullis? Baleful Utterance until the iron bars are in pieces? Something else?

Yas392
2022-12-10, 05:40 PM
Levi will wait and see what the others would do before he tries that. Right now, he is waiting for response to his question.

Aegis013
2022-12-15, 05:10 PM
Sorry I haven't been getting posts out as frequently as I would like. I'll try to get our pace back up.

dantiesilva
2022-12-15, 06:22 PM
It's all good it's that time of the year.

QuadraticGish
2022-12-17, 01:42 AM
Yeah, everything is crazy.

dantiesilva
2022-12-17, 07:16 AM
Plot twist, the luck blade is really a cursed magical sword and the gem is his phylactery and whoever wields it/makes the wish becomes the lich.

dantiesilva
2022-12-19, 10:31 PM
Spellcraft check [roll0] to see if it is desiccation or unhallow that is cast in this room as they are very different in the amount of time they cover and what they can in theory do.

Aegis013
2022-12-19, 11:10 PM
It's specifically Desecrate (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/desecrate.htm). It's a solid buff to any undead in its area of effect.

Thundercracker
2022-12-20, 09:49 AM
Can Alistair recognize anything about the geometric patterns on the floor?

arcana take 10 for 27 if possible, otherwise: [roll0]

Aegis013
2022-12-20, 01:31 PM
The pattern is what allows Desecrate to effect the entire chamber instead of just a 20ft emanation.

dantiesilva
2022-12-23, 03:35 PM
Power has been going on and off all day so won't be able to post today. Hope everyone has a happy and safe holidays

whoiam
2022-12-24, 07:43 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone!

QuadraticGish
2022-12-25, 03:16 PM
Merry Christmas!

Aegis013
2022-12-30, 03:32 PM
Happy holidays to all.

dantiesilva
2022-12-31, 12:23 AM
Okay so what I am thinking is the torches may be protecting us at the moment, thats why we seem to keep encountering nothing as the Dungeon doesn't see us as an enemy but merely something that belongs as we have the torches that key someone as belonging their (thus why they reveal stuff hidden normally). If this is the case, perhaps we should explore the entire Dungeon before stowing them away and retracing our steps being aware of what is in each room now?

Thundercracker
2023-01-02, 07:40 AM
Okay so what I am thinking is the torches may be protecting us at the moment, thats why we seem to keep encountering nothing as the Dungeon doesn't see us as an enemy but merely something that belongs as we have the torches that key someone as belonging their (thus why they reveal stuff hidden normally). If this is the case, perhaps we should explore the entire Dungeon before stowing them away and retracing our steps being aware of what is in each room now?

Works for me..

QuadraticGish
2023-01-02, 11:48 AM
Let's try it. I've got no better ideas so far.

QuadraticGish
2023-01-11, 07:05 PM
I should really consider Improved Initiative.

Aegis013
2023-01-11, 09:35 PM
Most enemies aren't going to have sky-high initiative, so buying up Imp. Initiative with XP is likely to be pretty impactful.

dantiesilva
2023-01-11, 10:30 PM
Do you wanna see a one shoot? I think Abigail is going to do a one shoot. Come on down you big old skely boys and play!

*The sad music starting to play as I realize I don't have heal yet in the middle of my post, so I keep doing what I was doing as destroying undead is her thing so she would try to show she is not useless anyways.*

Note her AC is +4 vs one of their AoO and +2 vs the other due to Mobility and Dodge, and they also receive a -4 to attack rolls vs her from luminous armor so she is decently safe...

Aegis013
2023-01-12, 12:22 AM
They haven't acted yet and are thus flat footed and unable to perform AoOs until after their turn. There was no surprise round.

Looks like the TheFallenOne has been inactive on the forum since October. I sent a PM. Hopefully Solstafir will be back.

QuadraticGish
2023-01-14, 03:20 AM
Hope it has nothing to due with those issues he mentioned with his previous employer.

Thundercracker
2023-01-14, 11:42 AM
I meant to do this earlier, derp.

knowledge devotion religion: [roll0]

What kind of undead are they, any special weaknesses?
Edit: that's +3/+3.

Aegis013
2023-01-14, 11:58 AM
They're really really big skeletons.
These skeletons have immunity to Cold damage and resistance against piercing/slashing weapons.
The only apparent weakness is that they're so big that their Touch AC is a 3.

They're also mindless undead (Con: -, Int: -).

Yas392
2023-01-14, 12:24 PM
Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]

Aegis013
2023-01-15, 11:18 AM
Levi would be able to identify the same.
They're pretty much just really really big skeletons. Not especially unique.

dantiesilva
2023-01-15, 11:31 AM
I just started working 3rd shift again so I should be posting tomorrow morning as I just got out of work, and now need to go back to sleep so I can start overnight tonight.

Aegis013
2023-01-23, 07:23 PM
Does Abigail's CLW do the same damage as the previous round on hit? If so as long as the touch attack isn't a nat 1, it would destroy the skeleton.

dantiesilva
2023-01-23, 07:43 PM
[roll0] for attack. And no that was a 4th level spell, clw only deals 28.

dantiesilva
2023-01-30, 02:30 PM
Just to confirm, Nightwalkers as in the car 16, basically immune to magic, Dr through the roof, summons undead, Nightwalker.

Aegis013
2023-01-30, 02:38 PM
That is what they appear to be, yes. This module is an old 3e module and has them listed as CR 12 and their stats aren't quite the same as the 3.5 version (a bit lower), but a lot of the special qualities and abilities are the same.

Yas392
2023-01-30, 02:40 PM
Knowledge (Planes) for Nightwalker: [roll0]

Knowledge (Planes) for Cornugon: [roll1]

Knowledge (Planes) for Kyton: [roll2]

dantiesilva
2023-01-30, 03:16 PM
That is what they appear to be, yes. This module is an old 3e module and has them listed as CR 12 and their stats aren't quite the same as the 3.5 version (a bit lower), but a lot of the special qualities and abilities are the same.

Curse not having heal yet 😂 my moment to shine and one shot a nightwalker has come and gone.

Aegis013
2023-01-30, 05:51 PM

Nightwalkers are huge extraplanar undead. They have some interesting abilities: they can crush magic items, turning them into rubbish (though the item gets a save), they have a paralyzing gaze attack, a bevy of useful Spell-Like Abilities, high DR/silver and magic, high SR, telepathy, immunity to cold, and if not engaged quickly they can call Shadows and Wraiths into the battle.

The devils are lawful evil outsiders. They have DR/silver and good, SR, spell-like abities, the ability to call other devils to their aid, some elemental immunities and resistances on top of being formidable foes in melee. The Cornugon can cause persistent damage and potentially stun on hit and they have a short range fear aura. They also have Regeneration, so they're very hard to keep dead. They're intelligent and can potentially be reasoned with, though the devils are entirely preoccupied with performing whatever ritual they're doing around the altar.

QuadraticGish
2023-01-31, 02:48 AM
Curse not having heal yet 😂 my moment to shine and one shot a nightwalker has come and gone.

F

Nightwalkers are huge extraplanar undead. They have some interesting abilities: they can crush magic items, turning them into rubbish (though the item gets a save), they have a paralyzing gaze attack, a bevy of useful Spell-Like Abilities, high DR/silver and magic, high SR, telepathy, immunity to cold, and if not engaged quickly they can call Shadows and Wraiths into the battle.

The devils are lawful evil outsiders. They have DR/silver and good, SR, spell-like abities, the ability to call other devils to their aid, some elemental immunities and resistances on top of being formidable foes in melee. The Cornugon can cause persistent damage and potentially stun on hit and they have a short range fear aura. They also have Regeneration, so they're very hard to keep dead. They're intelligent and can potentially be reasoned with, though the devils are entirely preoccupied with performing whatever ritual they're doing around the altar.

All that GP in Paralysis and Stun immunity about to pay off. And that helmet's save bonus against fear. Though I think Shadow Conjuration to call in backup might be the best thing to whip out first turn.

Thundercracker
2023-01-31, 09:04 AM

Alistair knowledge devotion:

Aegis013
2023-02-01, 01:45 PM
Alistair knowledge devotion:

Crazy you both rolled exactly the same on all three rolls.

dantiesilva
2023-02-01, 06:09 PM
You know I didn't even realize that until you said it and wow the odds are insane. Better go play the lottery.