PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Does anyone have a good spreadsheet they use to keep track of treasure and items?

Mars Ultor
2022-02-22, 05:34 PM
My prior method was to just write up the treasure and items the PCs received for each adventure and then I told my players what was found as the adventure went along and people would try to keep track of stuff. Now that we're playing online I set up a Google sheet everyone can share and I list the treasure directly instead of players having to copy it over.

It's just a simple list now and I was going to come up with a better sheet or just use an inventory template, but someone must have already done that and figured out a good way to track things. Any DMs have anything on hand they use to keep track of treasure and items?

King of Nowhere
2022-02-22, 06:25 PM
My prior method was to just write up the treasure and items the PCs received for each adventure and then I told my players what was found as the adventure went along and people would try to keep track of stuff. Now that we're playing online I set up a Google sheet everyone can share and I list the treasure directly instead of players having to copy it over.

It's just a simple list now and I was going to come up with a better sheet or just use an inventory template, but someone must have already done that and figured out a good way to track things. Any DMs have anything on hand they use to keep track of treasure and items?

For keeping track of who is wearing what in which body slot, there are many helpful sheets like this one (epiclevelgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alt-pg-inventory.jpg) you can find on the internet.

as for everything else they find, nothing but keeping a list. One small improvement I did was to record the net worth of an npc equipment along with said npc, to speed up selling loot

Eldonauran
2022-02-22, 06:31 PM
I created a handy spreadsheet for totaling up and calculating party share based on a 50% sell price, and it even calculates the effective GP value of the items claimed (which is not sold).

Feel free to use and share all you want. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xv9fQAe1Ike71STuz1NU1OoMXj6muBnJ/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111338858263828849167&rtpof=true&sd=true)

Mars Ultor
2022-02-22, 07:47 PM
I created a handy spreadsheet for totaling up and calculating party share based on a 50% sell price, and it even calculates the effective GP value of the items claimed (which is not sold).[/url]

This is pretty close to what I'm using now, but thank you.

Mars Ultor
2022-02-22, 07:49 PM
For keeping track of who is wearing what in which body slot, there are many helpful sheets like this one (epiclevelgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alt-pg-inventory.jpg) you can find on the internet.

I had come across this once and forgot to save it, thank you. It's not what I'm looking for, but it's helpful.

Feldar
2022-02-25, 01:15 PM
For my low level game any significant non-monetary treasure was a certificate. If you had the certificate, your character had the item. Then the onus of all that tracking was on the players. Can't find it? You better look for it. Still can't find it? A pickpocket must have gotten it.

I also used this for some monetary things -- gold bars with the stamp of an old empire, letters of credit, promissary notes, etc.

This actually works really well, and BONUS the first time they can't find a magic item people get motivated to keep their character organized.