PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Giant Insect?

werescythe
2022-02-24, 01:54 AM
So I was looking at the Giant Insect spell and I thought it looked like a pretty cool spell (especially if you had some sort of vessel that could be used to hold the insect(s) for the spell when not in use). It looks fun at least.

But is it a good spell? If I were to play a bard would it be worth a Magical Secrets?

TyGuy
2022-02-24, 02:12 AM
It gets overshadowed by conjure animals.

But it's a cool spell and you get to choose the insect of prepared like you said.

For optimization, there's better. For rule of cool, get it. 😎

Edgerunner
2022-02-24, 02:35 PM
Admittedly, Conjure Animals is an all around better spell but Giant Insect does have uses.

Giant Scorpion in particular is very good. 3x attacks per round with Blindsight, solid AC and HP.

My Druid primarily use Conjure Animals but he also kept a scorpion in a container and used it many times.

Leon
2022-02-24, 05:08 PM
I had a ant pun ready and then i checked the spell to see ants are not part of it. disappointing. But sure if you feel it is what be good for the character its worth a choice

werescythe
2022-02-28, 09:11 PM
Personally I think this is a cool spell that is potentially underappreciated. Conjure Animals can be powerful but that's assuming that the DM let's you summon the animals you want. Some might not.

With Giant Insect, you can literally set yourself up to always have the insect(s) that you want, when you need them.