PDA

View Full Version : Feat with prerequisite “no con score”

Particle_Man
2022-02-24, 03:14 PM
I was thinking about Green Star Adept and realized that with no con score as their capstone they qualify for the normally undead associated feat lifesense. A small silver lining for a rather big cloud but it is nice.

Are their other feats that are opened up by losing one’s con score (but not becoming undead)?

Arael666
2022-02-24, 03:26 PM
The only feat that has such prereq that I'm aware off is lifesente from libris mortis, but you're gonna find out that most feats in that book require "undead type" and that seems to be the case for a lot of similar feats.

AsuraKyoko
2022-02-25, 05:38 PM
Lifesense is such a weird feat. Its scaling is surprisingly massive, and its mere existence says some very unusual things about worldbuilding.

First of all, the scaling: the minimum amount of illumination is a 60' radius, which is emitted by any creature of medium size or smaller, which means that a mouse provides as much light as a human. From there, the amount of light given off doubles with each size category, up to a 960' radius from a colossal creature. This is an absolutely crazy amount of light; I'm not aware of any other effect that can produce bright light with nearly a 1000' radius (though I wouldn't be surprised if there was one).

Next off, what this means for worldbuilding: the life-light behaves in all ways like normal light, except that it can only be seen by creatures with no constitution score, and a charisma of 13 or higher. The light can be seen under the cracks of doors, and from around corners, just like normal light, since it explicitly illuminated the creatures' surroundings. There is no range limit on the ability, which means that living creatures are always emitting this incredibly bright light that can, for some reason, only be seen by things that aren't alive.

It's also not entirely clear how this is supposed to interact with other things that care about light level; my gut instinct says that it shouldn't, but it's not entirely clear on that point.

PrismCat21
2022-02-26, 12:14 PM
Airy Gallop
Prerequisite: Con -
You can run wherever your rider wishes - whether there's ground beneath you or not!

As long as the 'mount' creature keeps 'running' and the rider makes a DC:15 Ride check, it can run basically wherever it wishes.

Particle_Man
2022-02-26, 02:23 PM
Now that makes me think about a green star adept unicorn. :smallsmile: