PDA

View Full Version : Gosa Solo [IC]

JNAProductions
2022-02-26, 05:11 PM
OOC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?643079-Gosa-Solo-OOC)

Like a ghost on the wind, you're making your way through Gosa. You know this city like the back of your hand, every last nook and cranny-or at least, a lot of them. You've been hearing rumblings of something-but you've been at a loss trying to peg down exactly what it is. So, you're scouring the city for clues.

You've managed to narrow it down at least a little-or at least, find some kind of lead. You're currently heading for the Luminary Consortium-a merchant group specializing in extraplanar imports. The area around their HQ is brightly lit with Dawnstone, a valuable celestial mineral and an opulent display of wealth.

It is currently approaching sundown, and you're still a minute or two from the Consortium HQ. Any last preparations you want to make?

2022-02-26, 05:49 PM
OOC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?643079-Gosa-Solo-OOC)

Like a ghost on the wind, you're making your way through Gosa. You know this city like the back of your hand, every last nook and cranny-or at least, a lot of them. You've been hearing rumblings of something-but you've been at a loss trying to peg down exactly what it is. So, you're scouring the city for clues.

You've managed to narrow it down at least a little-or at least, find some kind of lead. You're currently heading for the Luminary Consortium-a merchant group specializing in extraplanar imports. The area around their HQ is brightly lit with Dawnstone, a valuable celestial mineral and an opulent display of wealth.

It is currently approaching sundown, and you're still a minute or two from the Consortium HQ. Any last preparations you want to make?

Not sure what kinda preparations to make. What kind of rumblings have I heard? Just a general "ready yourself cuz stuff's about to happen" "whats happening" "idk but the higher ups are nervous and stocking up for some reason", or something more concrete?

JNAProductions
2022-02-27, 07:30 PM
So far, you've gotten a lot of low-level folk who've heard that something big is coming. No one's been officially told anything-just bits and pieces that they've put together to realize that change is on its way.

This is the first solid lead you've gotten (you think, at least)-the Luminary HQ personnel were told to prepare for a new guest, with some incredibly odd and specific requirements, and to tell NO ONE.
Naturally, at least one person blabbed a bit, and that's how you learned.

2022-02-27, 08:28 PM
Whatever was incoming, they must've expected it would give them an edge in the market and didn't want anybody knowing until it's too late. Brooke plans to sneak in and get an idea of what's coming, so she can figure out what (if anything) she needs to do about it.

JNAProductions
2022-02-27, 08:42 PM
You head closer to the Luminary HQ. As you get near, you're no longer able to teleport with ease-the Dawnstone fixtures are too bright.

There's a few guards patrolling, and a few that are a couple of floors up, on some outcroppings. Sneaking through won't be the hardest thing in the world, but it won't be the easiest either.

And then, of course, there's the doors themselves. There are enough windows that you can see whether or not someone is at the door when you crack it open, but they are locked tight.

Opening a locked door (or trying to) would normally be an action, but you're a Thief, right? So you can try it as Cunning Action as well.

I'll make active rolls for the guards, since this is a special time and they've been told to be on alert-the rolls will be in the spoiler below. Please don't peek. :P

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

2022-02-27, 09:07 PM
Cloak gives me adv vs being seen and gives them disadv to see me. Doesn't apply to sound though...I'll do one roll for now. Get a Guidance cast before I get too close to the building, then ghost down and pick a door lock while keeping out of sight. Call it...

A: cast Guidance
BA: Hide
M: Move down near door

A: Search (listen at door for nearby guards)
BA: Use An Object (pick lock, unless guards are too close to risk it)

It's a couple turns planned out, at least. Guidance will be used on the Stealth check.

Stealth: [roll0] + [roll1] (adv vs sight [roll2])
Perception: passive 27
Thieves' Tools: [roll3]

JNAProductions
2022-02-28, 11:41 AM
You chart a course that gives you a wide berth from the guards-seeing is easier to hide than hearing, with your gear. You make it to the door without any major difficulty, and have to wait a mere moment for someone passing through the hall near your chosen door to start working the lock. A quick jimmying of the lock with your tools gets the lock undone, and you crack the door open just enough to slip inside, closing it quietly once you're in.

The interior isn't quite as bright-the ostentatious display of the outdoors isn't needed in here. It is well-lit, though. You listen for the person who you just saw pass through, and hear them muttering.

"I don't like it. It goes against everything we stand for! I just-" is all you get before they move too far.

2022-02-28, 12:42 PM
You chart a course that gives you a wide berth from the guards-seeing is easier to hide than hearing, with your gear. You make it to the door without any major difficulty, and have to wait a mere moment for someone passing through the hall near your chosen door to start working the lock. A quick jimmying of the lock with your tools gets the lock undone, and you crack the door open just enough to slip inside, closing it quietly once you're in.

The interior isn't quite as bright-the ostentatious display of the outdoors isn't needed in here. It is well-lit, though. You listen for the person who you just saw pass through, and hear them muttering.

"I don't like it. It goes against everything we stand for! I just-" is all you get before they move too far.

Brooke follows those guards, since they seem to have some idea of what's going on. She doesn't want to get too close, though...

JNAProductions
2022-03-01, 12:02 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Your stealth check with advantage, due to being able to teleport through shadows and other factors.

[roll2] Perception on the followed person.

The woman you're following is deep in thought, concern, and in a bit of a rush. You tail her without any difficulty.

Listening in closely, it would seem her mind is on the guest that they're entertaining. There's a lot of words said, many of which aren't fully relevant, but you glean that they've invited some kind of undead and their entourage to the HQ. Apparently, this monster has been talking with the top merchants, and has quite a deal for them.

2022-03-07, 12:57 PM
Brooke looks around for a storage room or closet or something - somewhere she's unlikely to be interrupted quickly.

JNAProductions
2022-03-07, 02:06 PM
You search for a couple of minutes, and find an out-of-the-way meeting room. It's empty, has no windows to the outside, and can be locked from the inside-it should do. There's also enough nooks and crannies that, should someone start unlocking the door, you can hide away somewhere.