PDA

View Full Version : HHH Challenge

Talic
2007-11-23, 01:41 AM
No, this isn't wrestling, folks. It's the Halfling Hulking Hurler challenge.

The goal: Devise a legal, RAW method for qualifying a PHb Halfling for the Hulking Hurler class, as soon as possible, and while staying within all guidelines, including wealth by level.

By that, I mean that if you try to make a comment about Use Profession for 25,000 gold, then you can safely assume that the character is promptly swindled for 25,000 gold, give or take a few copper.

Armads
2007-11-23, 02:01 AM
Can templates be applied to the halfling? If so, Permanencied Enlarge Person + Half-Minotaur = Success.

Talic
2007-11-23, 02:14 AM
Can templates be applied to the halfling? If so, Permanencied Enlarge Person + Half-Minotaur = Success.

Standard PHb Halfling. books are allowed, but unless you can give him a template after reaching level 1, it don't count.

Grim Greyscale
2007-11-23, 02:17 AM
A Halfling PsyWar 7 can do it with Expansion. How do you plan to get it done at level 1-2, though? The feats and large size maybe possible, but +5 BAB is not.

Edit: Bah! You edited it out. I saw you. Cheater :P

TheOOB
2007-11-23, 02:19 AM
Aww, and here I was thinking it would be the heward's handy haversack challenge.

Talic
2007-11-23, 02:28 AM
A Halfling PsyWar 7 can do it with Expansion. How do you plan to get it done at level 1-2, though? The feats and large size maybe possible, but +5 BAB is not.

Edit: Bah! You edited it out. I saw you. Cheater :P
It was edited out because I need to get home to my books to verify stuff first.

The ECL would have been above 1-2, but the actual character level would have been 1-2. A permanent enlarge on a halfling makes him medium sized. A large lycanthrope mauls him to almost-dead, infecting him with lycanthropy. Template is added after character creation, so it's ok. He was a standard halfling at birth, at least. Provided the lycantrope has enough HD, the BAB is solved. But I need to find some book-type things to make sure everything's legit, and I didn't want to make the claim until I was sure.

Laurellien
2007-11-23, 03:03 AM
Time to play the game.

Halfling fighter 5, buys a couple of scrolls of polymorph any object. Turns himself into a firbolg.

Bow down to the king of kings!

Jack_Simth
2007-11-23, 03:05 AM
Talic:
Slight catch - challenge specified Wealth By Level - hiring a 1st level Wizard for the Enlarge Person is easy (10 gp), but the 9th level Wizard (spending 500 xp) is a bit harder, as that runs 9*5*10+5*500=2,950 gp. You're going to have a hard time affording that early on. Of course, as it requires a BAB of +4 anyway....

Talic
2007-11-23, 03:17 AM
Talic:
Slight catch - challenge specified Wealth By Level - hiring a 1st level Wizard for the Enlarge Person is easy (10 gp), but the 9th level Wizard (spending 500 xp) is a bit harder, as that runs 9*5*10+5*500=2,950 gp. You're going to have a hard time affording that early on. Of course, as it requires a BAB of +4 anyway....

End result would be ok for it though, as you'd need 6HD of WereBear, bringing you up to ECL 8 (1 Fighter, +6 Bear HD, +1 Infected Lycanthrope), for a wealth by level that balanced out.

Granted, if one wanted to say that wealth by level had to be met at all stages of the character build, then yes, it doesn't work.

Grim Greyscale
2007-11-23, 03:52 AM
End result would be ok for it though, as you'd need 6HD of WereBear, bringing you up to ECL 8 (1 Fighter, +6 Bear HD, +1 Infected Lycanthrope), for a wealth by level that balanced out.

Granted, if one wanted to say that wealth by level had to be met at all stages of the character build, then yes, it doesn't work.

Afflicted Lycanthropes have an LA of +2.

Time to play the game.

Halfling fighter 5, buys a couple of scrolls of polymorph any object. Turns himself into a firbolg.

Bow down to the king of kings!

Yeah, totally unexpected. Maxed UMD, I'd suppose?

Laurellien
2007-11-23, 01:48 PM
Yeah, totally unexpected. Maxed UMD, I'd suppose?

That or it could pay for the casting from a wizard.