PDA

View Full Version : Building an Altair-lookalike

kpenguin
2007-11-23, 04:22 AM
So, my friend, after playing through Assassin's Creed, wants to build an Altair-like assassin rogue for our upcoming game. Unfortunately, he's not well-versed in DnD, he turned to me, and since I haven't actually played the game (Assassin's Creed, not DnD), I turn to you guys.

We're starting at lvl 4, with 5,400 gp worth of gear and 32 point-buy. Our DM will let us use any resource we want, but between us we only have core, Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, PHB2, and the Eberron Campaign Setting. Please help me out in building this character.

Also, if anyone can help come up with a backstory similar to Altair's, but set in Eberron, that would be most appreciated.

loopy
2007-11-23, 06:31 AM
Well, from what I've observed:

Stats:
Good strength and dexterity, due to his many physical skills. I couldn't really guess his constitution, as he has to take more than one hit as a gameplay mechanic. He's arrogant, and tends to ignore the Assassin's Creed a lot, so I'd say he has average Int and Wis and a fairly low Cha, though to take up all the skills suggested below I'd put 14 points in Int anyway.

Altair's weapons:
Longsword (curved, but still called a longsword in game)
Shortsword
Extendable dagger
Throwing knives
Fists (subdual, mainly used for making people talk, so no Imp. Unarmed)

Skills, suggested based on things he does in game:
Tumble
Balance
Jump
Climb
Ride
Move Silently
Hide
Disguise (He pretends he is a scholar a lot)
Sleight-of-hand (Extendable blade, he also is an accomplished pickpocket)
Gather Information/Intimidate
Spot
Listen (He gets information from eavesdropping)

Suggested Feats:
No idea, I'm not that great a DnD player yet.

Wraith
2007-11-23, 06:34 AM
An alternative for using Sleight of Hand to pull his trademark dagger could be a Surprise Dagger, as described in Complete Scoundrel.

Just a thought, for something a little bit different. That would probably require sinking a few Feats into Two Weapon Fighting and Ambidexterity, but since you don't know what else you're doing with them so far it's worth keeping in mind :smallsmile:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-23, 06:40 AM
I made this so I could give the world Altair clones. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62659) Enjoy.

kpenguin
2007-11-23, 02:45 PM
I made this so I could give the world Altair clones. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62659) Enjoy.

Interesting... unfortunately, I don't have ToB.