PDA

View Full Version : Free, infinite, magical chalk.

SangoProduction
2022-03-03, 04:19 PM
So, you've got what the title says. It can be applied to any surface in 30 feet, and can paint 5ft radius as a standard action. Any color and pattern.
Granted, any applied effort gets rid of it just as easily as well.

What are you going to use it for?

Doctor Despair
2022-03-03, 04:21 PM
So, you've got what the title says. It can be applied to any surface in 30 feet, and can paint 5ft radius as a standard action. Any color and pattern.

Chalk has a thickness. Technically, if applied liberally, it would eventually begin to build a raised area. You could terraform with it and build a hill or even a mountain of chalk. Who know why you'd do this, but it's a start.

SangoProduction
2022-03-03, 04:23 PM
Chalk has a thickness. Technically, if applied liberally, it would eventually begin to build a raised area. You could terraform with it and build a hill or even a mountain of chalk. Who know why you'd do this, but it's a start.

Jesus Christ. How is this the first, instantaneous response? lol.

Doctor Despair
2022-03-03, 04:24 PM
Jesus Christ. How is this the first, instantaneous response? lol.

Hey, you asked. The mind goes where the mind wants. :smalltongue: Even if it has to climb up a mountain of chalk to get there...

TheStranger
2022-03-03, 04:27 PM

Magical how? Can you make like Wile E. Coyote and draw a tunnel on a wall? Or more generally, something like those sidewalk perspective murals that functions as if it’s real?

Or is the magic just that it’s free and infinite and easy to apply? Because that’s nifty, but a lot less useful unless you’re really into sidewalk art. In which case, give it to a small child?

Jack_Simth
2022-03-03, 04:28 PM

Painting a 5-ft radius from 30 ft away?

Great for maintaining a nice listing of current prices at a store.

Doctor Despair
2022-03-03, 04:28 PM
Here's another thought: infinite fodder to make colossal objects for for Hulking Hurler's Really Throw Anything.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-03-03, 04:33 PM
"1 piece" of chalk is worth 1 cp. Infinite chalk = infinite money.

Telonius
2022-03-03, 04:38 PM
What are the stats on this chalk - XP/creation costs, feat used to create it? If it's really an infinite supply, and the XP you could get out of it aren't too tiny to bother with, it's a limitless Craft Reserve for an Artificer with Retain Essence.

TheStranger
2022-03-03, 04:38 PM
Here's another thought: infinite fodder to make colossal objects for for Hulking Hurler's Really Throw Anything.

Even if you make the very generous assumption that each application lays down a millimeter of chalk, it would take something like four hours of constant use to get a single five-foot cube. It’s free and infinite, but slow. There’s got to be an easier way to get big rocks. And that’s assuming that you actually get a solid object and not just a pile of chalk dust. I suspect that if you drew on the same patch of ground for several days nonstop, you’d mostly just get dusty.

Gruftzwerg
2022-03-03, 04:39 PM
k, let me play a warlock with at will invisibility. Then I will annoy the DM to death with making pranks on NPC's to force npc reactions from the DM. Until the entire community runs amok! xD

How dare you to hand out such obviously cursed evil items to your PC? ^^

zlefin
2022-03-03, 05:36 PM
Take shadowcraft mage and play as that kid with the magic chalk from that show.

I'm not actually familiar with the class; my assumption is that I could use the shadow spells to get enough of a backing for the chalk to show up, so I'm basically just drawing anything I want and then using it.

icefractal
2022-03-03, 05:44 PM
I had something like this in a game - the Gleam Brush (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/apparatuses#toc23). I used it for a few purposes:
* Writing on walls to communicate when polymorphed into a form that couldn't speak.
* Leaving notes, including marking traps and such.
* Graffiti. I covered many of the buildings in town before getting caught.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-03-03, 06:01 PM
If you're playing as a creature that can derive sustenance from just about anything earth-based, such as various [earth] creatures and many dragons, or you have one as a minion, you have infinite food for it available.

TristanS
2022-03-08, 08:57 AM
keep drawing and collect the chalk into big bags, then stage a 5k race where you throw it at people for money.

https://thecolorrun.com/

Endarire
2022-03-10, 07:09 PM
Chalk is an object, which is also an improvised weapon. Chalk slingshot! Chalk gun! Chalk food! (What?)