PDA

View Full Version : UA Theurgic Wizard + new cleric domains.

Khrysaes
2022-03-04, 03:27 PM
I know the theurgy wizard, released in 2017, is broken and not official.
That said.
With the newer domains for the cleric.
What would be some interesting things that can be done with the theurgy wizard?
Theurgy wizard and dragonmarked races?
Theurgy wizard + dragonmarks+ Backgrounds with spells?

JNAProductions
2022-03-04, 05:04 PM
I know the theurgy wizard, released in 2017, is broken and not official.
That said.
With the newer domains for the cleric.
What would be some interesting things that can be done with the theurgy wizard?
Theurgy wizard and dragonmarked races?
Theurgy wizard + dragonmarks+ Backgrounds with spells?

Bolded the questionable bit.

What's so broken about it? The only really messy interaction I see is at 18th level, with Cure Wounds, Healing Word, or another healing spell as a Mastered Spell, providing unlimited healing. But even that's... Not really a huge deal.

solidork
2022-03-04, 05:36 PM
Bolded the questionable bit.

What's so broken about it? The only really messy interaction I see is at 18th level, with Cure Wounds, Healing Word, or another healing spell as a Mastered Spell, providing unlimited healing. But even that's... Not really a huge deal.

Getting access to the full Cleric list, the DC boosting Channel Divinity and getting access to the Cleric's 17th level ability before they do are all very strong. A tempest Theurge is throwing around maximized Chain Lightnings at 11, something that the Evoker never even gets to do.

Rerem115
2022-03-04, 05:45 PM
Maximized Chain Lightning with a +2 bonus to DC, no less!

Khrysaes
2022-03-04, 05:55 PM
Getting access to the full Cleric list, the DC boosting Channel Divinity and getting access to the Cleric's 17th level ability before they do are all very strong. A tempest Theurge is throwing around maximized Chain Lightnings at 11, something that the Evoker never even gets to do.

I think it is a bit more limited than a divine soul sorcerers ability to choose cleric spells.

Namely it specifies that the cleric spells are the ones chosen on level up. And it is only the whole list AFTER all available domain spells are chosen. So from level 3 to 9, half of your picks would HAVE to be domain spells to even get other cleric spells. Then you still lose out on picking wizard spells, but there are many other ways around it. Level 1 and 2 you can easily get 2 domain spells out of the 8, so 6 remain, but you only get 2 spells per level, and 8 other spells are domain spells.

Post level 10, assuming you have all 10 domain spells. Very much more broken.