PDA

View Full Version : Lf build advice

Yogibear41
2022-03-05, 03:02 PM
Working on an idea for a possible cohort for one of my characters. The cohort will be a LE halfling starting as an ex-cleric 4/dragon marked heir 5. With the healing dragonmarks. The point of the build will be to provide healing without divine help, and will use the dragon prophesier feat, along with the feat that gives you a temporary action point when you enter prophetic favor to power the unlock dragonmark feat in order to get multiple additional uses of the dragonmarks each day, scaling with character level and wisdom. In addition in our campaign setting divine casters require a deity to power there spells and cannot worship an ideal. However they do retain the ability to cast 1st and 2nd level spells without divine assistance(its a thing from 1st edition) so i will basically keep all the powers of a 4th level cleric but cannot really progress more from there. I will also be using an acquired template that provides me with some dr, natural armor and stat adjustments. He will end up with +2 str, +2dex, +2con, -2 int, -4 wis. With 32 point buy. Take a hefty Wis penalty and that is sort of my go to stat for this build but everything else with the template works good, for the character mechanically and rp wise. I plan to put my level up boosts into Wisdom. Not really sure what to take after 9th level though. Got a few ideas but figured I would ask here for more input. I will have pride domain, and healing domain traded for healing devotion feat as well, so decent cha. Will add to my healing.

Maat Mons
2022-03-05, 04:07 PM
Does you game allow Ur Priest? It's an entire prestige class themed on stealing divine power.

Maho-Tsukai is a corrupt arcane caster that forsakes a previous (possibly divine) spellcasting ability. You actually get to graft the spell list of your forsaken class onto the Maho-Tsukai spell list. So an Ex-Cleric 5 / Maho-Tsukai 5 loses Cleic spellcasting, but casts spells as a Maho-Tsukai 10, and can select their Maho-Tsukai spells known from both the Cleric and Maho-Tsukai spells lists.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2022-03-05, 08:41 PM
The feat Servant of the Fallen in LEoF allows a Cleric to worship a dead deity and still gain all their spells and class features. So no issues dealing with any actual deity, unless they're somehow resurrected.

An Ardent with the Life mantle, or an Egoist with True Healer (https://web.archive.org/web/20151102153155/http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070314a&pf=True), can heal without divine casting or serving a particular deity.

Yogibear41
2022-03-05, 09:14 PM
ur priest is banned so thats a no go, serving a dead deity wouldn't really fit with the rp. I considered psionics but we have some house rules on psionics that can make them risky to use. Basically there is a chance to attract additional monsters any time you use psionic powers.