PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Made a D&D 5e / Pathfinder 1e Hybrid?

Maat Mons
2022-03-06, 12:27 AM
It seems like someone would have, but I haven't managed to turn anything up.

Ilerien
2022-03-06, 03:30 AM
What do you mean by a hybrid? What features from PF1 and what features from 5e would you like to see in this hypothetical hybrid system? I mean, you might be looking for PF2. :smallwink:

Maat Mons
2022-03-06, 04:24 AM
I like the classes of Pathfinder, and many of the archetypes. I dislike the overabundance of feats, especially the ones that give small numeric bonuses. I also dislike the paradigm of magic items that provide numeric bonuses instead of doing something interesting.

For 5e, I like the unification of many different numbers into a single Proficiency Bonus, I like that multiclassing spellcasters is viable, and I like that something akin to the Augmentations of 3.5 Psionics was integrated into spells. I dislike the existence of 6 different saves, and I wish they'd allowed themselves to create a few more classes.

For Pathfinder 2e, I had high hopes, but then found out they were giving a Feat every level. I then immediately gave up on it. I don't share Paizo's fanatical love of Feats, and it's been the main thing that's gotten in the way of me enjoying Pathfinder 1e.

PhoenixPhyre
2022-03-06, 01:03 PM
Seems the simplest thing to meet your wishes is, starting with 5e:

1. Bundle the saves in pairs. You now use either of those stats for the modifier. Anything that required one of the bundled saves now requires the replacement. Each class now has proficiency in one of the replacement saves and half-proficiency in another (mimicking the triad of saves in PF). [1]
2.. write or accumulate more classes. There are tons out there.

Done.

[1] recommendation:

INT / DEX = "Reflex".
STR / WIS = "Will"
CON / CHA = "Fortitude"

Baseline classes:
Barbarian: Fortitude > Will > Reflex
Bard: Reflex > Fortitude > Will
Cleric: Will > Fortitude > Reflex
Druid: Will > Reflex > Fortitude
Fighter: Fortitude > Reflex > Will
Monk: Reflex > Will > Fortitude, expanding to all 3 at higher levels