PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Race builder questions

Vyanie
2022-03-07, 05:22 PM
Trying to find point costs for certain things while building races, my group is starting an all halforc/other game with 15 RP to spend on designing our individual races. While browsing through quite a few different ideas I noticed that not all race abilities, especially alternate race abilities like ifrit brazen flame seem to appear on the list. While i did find one it adds 1d6 damage, and personally i find it a bit much for my concept and to expensive vs the one from ifrit that does 1 fire. Was there any place i could find the full list of racial traits? and point costs of them?

MornShine
2022-03-07, 10:22 PM
Check out d20pfsrd.com (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/), a Pathfinder systems reference document (replicated with permission of Paizo).

It appears that on their page for each race, there's a table of each of the race traits and the points required to purchase that trait. However, for alternate racial traits, there's not necessarily a point cost listed because there isn't a point cost in the original book.

For the Ifrit Brazen Flame alternate trait, there isn't an explicit point cost associated with it. However, since it replaces the energy resistance and spell-like ability traits, a two-point cost seems reasonable.

Vyanie
2022-03-07, 11:57 PM
I was trying to use that but as you said it didnt list it and we were only allowed stuff that they had assigned points to, sadly it looks like piazo kinda just gave up and stopped with a cool concept. I had really hoped that someone knew of another place i could look but ohh well, my party will just change stuff around a bit but sadly wont get quite the same feel.

Particle_Man
2022-03-08, 12:13 AM
Not a race thing but if you don’t mind having a specific deity (Sarenrae) and using scimitar you can get a trait “flame of the dawn” to get 2 fire damage on a critical hit (which is relatively easy to do with a scimitar).

Assuming your dm allows traits for characters of course.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/religion-traits/flame-of-the-dawn/