PDA

View Full Version : Possible modification to the dual wielder feat

Keravath
2022-03-09, 01:55 PM
In general, dual wielding seems to be a bit less effective than the two handed or ranged/archery weapons. I was considering making the following addition to the dual wielding feat.

- the dual wielding feat includes the two-weapon fighting style. If the character already has the two-weapon fighting style they may choose a different fighting style.

Is that too much? It reduces the overhead needed to pick up the fighting style along with the feat and if a character already has the fighting style they can choose another.

Thoughts?

Frogreaver
2022-03-09, 02:03 PM
In general, dual wielding seems to be a bit less effective than the two handed or ranged/archery weapons. I was considering making the following addition to the dual wielding feat.

- the dual wielding feat includes the two-weapon fighting style. If the character already has the two-weapon fighting style they may choose a different fighting style.

Is that too much? It reduces the overhead needed to pick up the fighting style along with the feat and if a character already has the fighting style they can choose another.

Thoughts?

Consider rogues.

Also, Dual wielding suffers from progression. It’s actually the strongest tier 1 style. It’s about average in tier 2. It really falls behind in tier 3.

The feats that buff it aren’t as strong as for others styles. It lacks a shield for high defense. It requires 2 magic weapons vs 1 for the other styles. It doesn’t pair well with other bonus actions. It doesn’t pair well with spell casting due to using both hands.

I think your solutions works opposite of how it should work. It’s strongest at level 1 and provides the least benefit at level 11+

Jerrykhor
2022-03-10, 10:50 AM
Too much? Nah man, its too little. The problem with TWF is that it takes up your Bonus Action, and most builds require using abilities or spells that use that.