PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How to build a good Shakalta? (Starfinder)

Blind_Prophet
2022-03-11, 04:44 PM
Hey all I'm trying to theorycraft a good build for the Two-Souled Shakalta (https://aonsrd.com/Races.aspx?ItemName=Shakalta) that have to 10/10 split multi-class (A,B,A,B,A,B,etc.) for w/e Adventure Path my group plays next (Currently playing Horizon of the Vast, already finished Fly Free or Die+Devastation Ark) so I could use some help gathering things that scale with character level, allow stacking between classes and/or rely primarily/solely on your Key Ability Score.

Ideally the two classes would be Wis and/or Cha based but not Int based since the races ability score mods are +2 Wis/Cha, -2 Int although you could choose options that dont really use Int so that could work. Obviously the classes that are Str, Dex or Con based can work.

Also I just played a Naive Power Armor Jockey SRO Experimental Armor Mechanic "Bruiser" (who used to be another mechanics drone, switched cause the OG mech was kind of a prick but everyone loved the drone) and I'm currently playing a Medic MysticX/Biohacker1 with a Druid/Psychic vibe that mixes mundane and magical medicine so ideally nothing too similar to those. With an innate Wis and/or Cha focus I'm leaning towards a party face but I'm pretty open to suggestion.

Some examples

Char Level Based:

Improved Unarmed Strike (Combat Feat)

Source Starfinder Core Rulebook pg. 158

You have trained to make your unarmed strikes lethal and strike with kicks, head-butts, and similar attacks.

Benefit: Your unarmed strike damage increases to 1d6 at 4th level, 2d6 at 8th level, 3d6 at 12th level, 5d6 at 15th level, and 7d6 at 20th level. Your unarmed strikes don’t count as archaic and can deal lethal damage. You threaten squares within your natural reach with your unarmed strikes even when you do not have a hand free for an unarmed strike. If you are immobilized, entangled, or unable to use both legs (or whatever appendages you have in place of legs, where appropriate), you lose the ability to make unarmed strikes without your hands. When making an unarmed strike without your hands, you can’t use such attacks for combat maneuvers or similar abilities—only to deal damage.

Normal: You don’t threaten any squares with unarmed strikes, and you must have a hand free to make an unarmed strike.

Mixed Class Stacking:

Mystic Flare (Su) (If a Mystic/Solarion)

Source Starfinder #30: Puppets Without Strings pg. 50

In your studies, you have benefited from a solarian tutor, who taught you how to draw power from the foundational forces of the universe. For you, a star’s corona or a black hole’s event horizon is a source of infinite energy. You gain a solar flare, as the solar manifestation ability of a solarian with a class level equal to your mystic level. If you have levels in both classes, you add them together to determine the effectiveness of your solar flare. You do not gain any other solar-flare solarian abilities from mystic class levels.

Key Ability Score Reliant:

Biohacker Booster/Inhibitors duration are 1+ Key ability mod and most lack a DC (a single level of biohacker is crazy cause of this)

Blind_Prophet
2022-03-11, 06:35 PM
I just rediscovered that creature companions exist as well as several feats with even just ONE feat you can have a scaling pet thta you can share your actions with 1 to 1 so that can help offset so of the issues with playing a Shakalta (off the top of my head a mech can take something other than drone and act as a buffer/support for their buddy since its basically character level based with a smallish credit investment)

Feats: https://aonsrd.com/Feats.aspx?Category=Creature%20Companion
Companion Rules: https://aonsrd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=378

Blind_Prophet
2022-03-11, 10:38 PM
Oh I forgot to mention, anything that changes what a stat can do is also useful such as the biohacker scientific method changing a bunch or int skills to wisdom or wisdom skills to int

Studious
Additionally, you can add your Intelligence modifier instead of your Wisdom modifier to Perception and Sense Motive checks.

Instinctive
Additionally, you can add your
Wisdom modifier instead of your Intelligence modifier to Life Science, Medicine, and Physical Science checks.

Blind_Prophet
2022-03-12, 04:18 PM
Another Mystic epiphany that was suggested to me is Wrecking Fists which grants you imp. unarmed fist feat AND lets you trade a spell slot for extra 2D8xspell level which works similar to being a spell sergeant (magus in pathfinder terms) but without worrying about saves

Blind_Prophet
2022-03-12, 08:40 PM
Experimental Weapon Mech + Various Soldier Gear Boosts (ie. Brutal Blast) "stack" in that they both boost your damage dealt so + to damage is similar to what a single class soldier or mechanic would get and despite being a Mech has little use for Int assuming you avoid mech tricks that specifically use Int and/or use an archetype since those replace your tricks