PDA

View Full Version : I made a 3.5 character sheet for morons!

ngilop
2022-03-14, 08:20 PM
Hey everybody, a couple of months ago I came here asking if if a ultra simplified character sheet exists so I could get one for a particular player who still doesn't know how to attack or that the player needs to roll move silently in order to move silently.

My search on the internet did not help at all, as i could find dozens of 5th ed sheets like that, but alas. none for 3rd.

I got fed up and spent a very long time making, and compiling one and so I am finished.

I added the magic item compendium's character slot paper doll as well as I think that helps visually on what is going on.

I have some random blank spaced, but those are intentional for quick notes for the player to write down for that particular player and that specific area of the character sheet.

Anyways, lemme know what you think.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uowq4ZaJYDDWmTVeDufDqPXTDm9PAlsk/view?usp=sharing

Palanan
2022-03-14, 08:29 PM
Check the URL on that link--I can't get it to work.

flappeercraft
2022-03-14, 08:39 PM
The link when clicked sends you to something else and when copy pasted says permission is needed, definitely interested when link is fixed!

ngilop
2022-03-14, 08:45 PM
My bad. I forgot to edit the 'who is allowed to view" It should work now.

Boci
2022-03-14, 08:46 PM
I at least still can't view it.

Jervis
2022-03-14, 09:29 PM
Hey everybody, a couple of months ago I came here asking if if a ultra simplified character sheet exists so I could get one for a particular player who still doesn't know how to attack or that the player needs to roll move silently in order to move silently.

My search on the internet did not help at all, as i could find dozens of 5th ed sheets like that, but alas. none for 3rd.

I got fed up and spent a very long time making, and compiling one and so I am finished.

I added the magic item compendium's character slot paper doll as well as I think that helps visually on what is going on.

I have some random blank spaced, but those are intentional for quick notes for the player to write down for that particular player and that specific area of the character sheet.

Anyways, lemme know what you think.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uowq4ZaJYDDWmTVeDufDqPXTDm9PAlsk/view?usp=sharing

I’m considering using this just because i’m walking two people who’ve never played before through a campaign soon

ngilop
2022-03-14, 09:34 PM
Thanks!

I think total I spent 40-45 hours on it the last couple of months.

It is color coded for convenience as well. SO you say "look for the blue arrow" when they don't know where the AC is, or "green box" for saves.

All I ask is credit where it is due and an update on how it is working and what can be done to improve.

Troacctid
2022-03-14, 09:35 PM
You probably don't need 3.0 skills on there.

Some typos under Climb, Forgery, Perform, Ride, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand.

Concentration should mention casting spells. Escape Artist isn't just ropes, it's also grapples and small spaces. Knowledge (religion) is also knowing about undead; nature also includes fey. Tumble is used to move past enemies without being hit.

Spells known ought to have divisions by level.

Since you have the magic item paper doll, you probably don't need a magic item section in the inventory.

I would suggest using lighter-colored lines between rows for easier readability.

smasher0404
2022-03-18, 12:05 AM
Hi, this looks pretty good! I might steal this when I DM people new to the system again.

Some minor suggestions:

Maybe leave the "misc." entry blank so the player can write in their own class in that box?
Maybe increase the amount of space for the Skill Names, some of the longer Knowledges have some text wrapping in the middle of the word, you can likely take it from the explanation section which has some white space
Same vein, a few blank entries at the bottom might be helpful for players going beyond the Core books since the other books add some skills. (Although I guess newbies aren't likely to use those)
A reiteration of the skills header (Name, Key, etc.) might be helpful for each page of skills so the player doesn't have to keep flipping back to check which column is which.
Another blank column to add the actual Spell DCs (rather than 10+Spell Level which is still pretty helpful) might be useful to save a step of calculating for most spells.
Some space for Spells Prepared might be helpful for people playing wizards?

ngilop
2022-03-19, 10:30 PM
I have updated the character sheet incorporating the above suggestions

Tis the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Q3qu5IM0_mqIUSpXGNXR9JC15fwyCnB/view?usp=sharing

pabelfly
2022-03-20, 12:08 AM
The skill list should have its text centred both horizontally and vertically in the boxes, and I would also bold the first row and/or shade it to make it stand out over the rest of the text. You might also make their width slightly smaller to fit them onto two pages instead of three.

Troacctid
2022-03-20, 12:52 AM
You've still got 3.0 skills on there.