PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Leader [prestige]

Xyk
2007-11-23, 10:41 PM
OK guys, this is my first home-brewed class, and i don't know how to make a table on this.

Rebel Leader:
This Prestige class is based on rebellion and inspiration but also deals in sabotage. This class is based rather loosely on the dread pirate. A rogue, bard or even scout could come to this class easily. Casters may benefit from this class especially sorcerers, with the aid of magic, sabotage, rebellion-inspiring could be much easier. Divine casters would find this class exceptionally challenging.
Humans make up most of this class because they tend to lust for change more than other races. Halflings also make good rebel leaders. Half-orcs have the spirit to bring down the oppressors but not necessarily the ability.
REQUIREMENTS

Alignment: Any chaotic.
Skill: Disable Device 4 ranks, Diplomacy 8 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks, Bluff 4 ranks, Knowledge(Local) 4 ranks,
Feat: Persuasive, leadership
Special: Must openly defy the law or governing bodies.

CLASS SKILLS

Appraise(int), Bluff(cha),Craft, Decipher Script(Int), Diplomacy(cha), Disable Device(int), Disguise(cha), Escape Artist(dex), Forgery(int), Gather Information(cha), Intimidate(cha), Knowledge(local), Knowledge(nobility and royalty), Perform(cha), Profession(wis), Sense Motive(wis), Sleight of Hand(dex), Speak Language(each taken separately), Use Magic device(cha).
Skill points at each level: 6+int mod.

CLASS FEATURES

Weapon and armor Proficiency:
A Rebel leader does not gain any new weapon proficiency but is proficient with light armor but not shields.

Inspire Rebellion
A 1st level Rebel Leader may use a speech to change someone's alignment to chaotic for 5 minutes per class level. This ability is similar to bardic music in that it is a mind-affecting ability and can be used 1/day per class level. This ability stacks with bardic music for frequency purposes only.
6th level--Inspire greater Rebellion lasts for 1 day per class level and will follow only the rebel leader. 10th--Radical rebellion will cause them to attack the governing body with no caution whatsoever. They are suicide bombers for all practical reasons.
All inspire rebellion abilities give a will save equal to 15+class level+cha mod for a helpful victim, 10+class+cha for unfriendly, 5+class+cha for hostile

Craft(explosive)--1st level
This ability allows a Rebel Leader to use the craft skill to make explosives. The craft DC is directly proportioned to damage of the explosive. DC 5=1d6 damage, DC 10=2d6, DC15=3d6 et cetera. Materials for one mine would cost 500 gold and a detonator is about 2000 gold worth of materials and DC25 Craft check. However a detonator will work until it is smashed. Mines are only used once for obvious reasons.

Detect Law--2nd level
A Rebel Leader may detect Law just as the paladin ability 'Detect Evil'.

Improved Sabotage--3rd level
A rebel leader may use disable device to sabotage a mechanical device (like a trap) by instead of disarming it like normal (DC 20) he can cause it to do whatever comes to mind. A player can be creative with this as long as the DM approves.

Smite Law--3rd level
A Rebel leader can smite law in exactly the same way a paladin smites evil.

Home Base--4th level
A Rebel Leader may pick one place to be his homebase and may teleport there the indicated number of times. He may take whoever he wants as long as they are not lawful.

Chaotic Confidence--4th level
A Rebel Leader is extremely confident when fighting a lawful opponent. Any lawful opponent acts as if he is surprised regardless of situation. The Rebel leader gets one free surprise round per combat.

Magical Sabotage--5th level
This ability functions as a rod of negation but only lasts a number of rounds equal to his class level.

In The Loop--7th level
This ability functions similar to bardic knowledge. His character level (not class level!) plus his intelligence modifier will allow him to know anything government related by the bardic knowledge table or a similiar one.

Defiant--8th level
1/month. If a rebel leader is slain for a lawful reason, by lawful people not on the same axis of good or evil (if he is CG, and is slain by LG, this doesn't happen, but if slain by LN, this does), or in the middle of doing something against the law, he becomes a ghost, whom will not die until the people who had slain him die, or the act against the law is completed. while in ghost form, he looses all class abilities except those of the rebel leader prestige class, including saves, base attack bonus, all but ability scores, excluding the things needed to become a rebel leader. If the person to complete the cause of becoming a ghost is the rebel leader, then he becomes himself again, as if the spell raise dead was cast upon him, and looses two levels of rebel leader, instead of one, and 1/2 of his other class levels are restored. if it is not the leader, he dies.

Marked Victim-9th level
He may choose one government official, and he gets one month to attack. When he attacks, he gains +8 on attack, damage, bluff, sense motive, and intimidate against that official.

If someone can tell me how to make a table, I'll be happy to include one or two

Charlie Kemek
2007-11-24, 12:20 AM
REBAL LEADER
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

2nd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

3rd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

4th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

5th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

6th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

7th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

8th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

9th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

10th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability[/table]
here you go, fyi, just go to the guide to homebrewing, 4th sticky on the page i'd have done it for you, just not enough time. I put in the name.

hyperfreak497
2007-11-24, 12:21 AM
Maybe the Leadership feat as a prerequisite? Perhaps taking an open act against law enforcement or the government? Just breaking the law doesn't necessarily constitute rebellion, and not all charismatic law-breakers are automatically leaders.

Xyk
2007-11-24, 12:29 AM
TABLES! I should really read these homebrewing guides.

Rebel Leader
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Inspire Rebellion, Craft(explosive), trapfinding

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3| detect law

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Improved Sabotage, Smite Law 1/day

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Home Base 1/month, Chaotic Confidence

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Magical Sabotage 1/day

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Inspire greater rebellion, Smite Law 2/day

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|In the Loop

8th|
+6|
+2|
+6|
+6|Recurrent, Home Base 2/month

9th|
+6|
+3|
+6|
+6|Marked Victim, Smite Law 3/day

10th|
+7|
+3|
+7|
+7|Inspire Radical Rebellion, Magical Sabotage 2/day[/table]

Also I think leadership is a good prerequisite.

any other suggestions? my biggest worry is that it might be over-powered.

puppyavenger
2007-11-24, 04:00 PM
You realise chaotic doesn't necessarily mean defiant of the governing body right?

Charlie Kemek
2007-11-24, 04:40 PM
cut the resurect, or make it usable on someone else, and make them stable. I personaly think you should give them cure X wounds, the old class feature is a little too powerful in my opinion, and doesn't fit the class very well. Also, if you want bards to be able to enter the class easily, make it 4 ranks in disable device (it's not a class skill for them.) add open lock to class skills.

why didn't you:

GIVE THE POOR CLASS SOME HIT DICE! HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY!
please?:smallbiggrin:

Edit: i don't mean to be mean, i just think it is important. don't take it personally! :smallbiggrin:

Xyk
2007-11-24, 05:26 PM
sorry bout that, d6 hit dice probably. Recurrence is just something u would see in a super villain and would be fun.

Charlie Kemek
2007-11-24, 11:53 PM
sorry bout that, d6 hit dice probably. Recurrence is just something u would see in a super villain and would be fun.

actually, they should rise again as a ghost, except that they stay dead when killed again, or they loose two in the class, and become a character or something. how about this?

defiance: 1/month. If a rebel leader is slain for a lawful reason, by lawful people not on the same axis of good or evil (if he is CG, and is slain by LG, this doesn't happen, but if slain by LN, this does), or in the middle of doing something against the law, he becomes a ghost, whom will not die until the people who had slain him die, or the act against the law is completed. while in ghost form, he looses all class abilities except those of the rebel leader prestige class, including saves, base attack bonus, all but ability scores, excluding the things needed to become a rebel leader. If the person to complete the cause of becoming a ghost is the rebel leader, then he becomes himself again, as if the spell raise dead was cast upon him, and looses two levels of rebel leader, instead of one, and 1/2 of his other class levels are restored. if it is not the leader, he dies.

what do you think?

TheLogman
2007-11-25, 12:16 AM
The Inspire Rebellion should probably allow a Will Save, because as is, a 16th level character (Bard 6/Rebel Leader 10) can force anyone (Or just the 10 biggest threats in a day) he meets to go blow up stuff for him instantly, or follow him forever (Keep using it every day), no save. Even with a save, it's a powerful ability, since it allows the Rebel Leader to instantly kill the first 10 people he meets every day, no save.

Imagine the Ramifications of a dungeon crawl. You can have 10 new followers every day, plus 10 every new day, amounting to 100 followers after 10 days. Granted, they leave the next day, but you just get more. It's an instant army, and the worst part is that it allows no save. "Hey mooks, wanna join me?" "Sure!" "Hey Giant BBEG Lich of doom, wanna join me?" "Sure!"

Sorry for overstating the point, and probably being rude, but I felt it was a valid point. Sorry if feeling were hurt.

Xyk
2007-11-25, 01:09 PM
With the dfiance thing, what if his companions arent dead? would they become ghosts too? I'll change it to that but leave out the companions.

I did mean to add a will save but forgot. Maybe 10+class level+cha mod for all of the inspire rebellion type things. maybe make it tougher if the victim is unfriendly or hostile. especially hostile. I think i'll make the save 10+class+cha for friendly and helpful, 5+class+cha for unfriendly, and class+cha for hostile. That will work. At level 10 rebel Leader, he'll be probably a 24 will save for friendlies, 19, and 14. at level 16 he should be able to pretty much dominate low level indifferent types like commoners. also, this way he gets to use his diplomacy to change their disposition. This looks like a good plan!

chaotic doesn't mean rebellious

It's a rebel leader, not a chaotic leader. Chaotic confidence is just an ability to help destroy the lawful, particularly if you are a rogue and can sneak attack.

Solo
2007-11-25, 01:18 PM
It's a rebel leader, not a chaotic leader. Chaotic confidence is just an ability to help destroy the lawful, particularly if you are a rogue and can sneak attack.

"You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!"

I couldn't resist.

Heliomance
2007-11-25, 01:56 PM
You realise chaotic doesn't necessarily mean defiant of the governing body right?

Actually, in our DM's homebrew, that's exactly what it does mean. A chaotic character hates any system of rules or symbol of authority by mere virtue of the fact that they are a system of rules or symbol of authority.

Charlie Kemek
2007-11-25, 05:22 PM
ok, I'm making a few adjustments, I am checking the MM on the ghost for some minor tweeks on the ability.

now what is thought by people?

Xyk
2007-11-25, 06:33 PM
@^ Awesome. I like the part about him keeping his rebel leader abilities. would he keep his abilities? u said something about "all but abilities". like his con would disentegrate, being a ghost. I'd say when he is raised, he still has to recover his abilities normally. looks great.

Maldraugedhen
2007-11-25, 06:38 PM
Inspire Rebellion should allow a Will save. Otherwise--fighting a paladin? Inspire Rebellion, and they suck for quite a while.

Xyk
2007-11-27, 09:03 PM
Okay, so with Recurrence changed to defiance, I believe this class is significantly cooler and less powerful than it was before. Minor tweaks are also appreciated. Any thing else? I'd like to make one and play it a bit, or have an experienced player play it.

Charlie Kemek
2007-11-27, 10:17 PM
add trap-finding at first level, so that anyone who isn't a rogue scout, spell-thief, beguiler, or ninja can do the sabotage thing. Or it is completely useless for bards, rangers, etc.
looking good so far!