PDA

View Full Version : Jeet Kune Do Master (PRC)

Torger
2007-11-24, 12:38 AM
One of my players put this together, and wants to playtest it.I thought I'd get some opinions first here.

http://netrite.ca/obrien/Stuff/Jeet_Kune_Do_Master.pdf

Torger
2007-11-25, 02:14 AM
Anyone? Anyone at all?

osyluth
2007-11-25, 02:32 AM
Your problem is that people don't want to have to go through all the trouble of clicking on a link, opening a PDF file, etc. Just put the class in the first post.

Tyonisius
2007-11-25, 03:27 AM
I've looked in my Core Rulebook I and I'd still like to know specifically which monk abilities this class gets at level 1?

Torger
2007-12-28, 06:26 PM
Saves
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Skill Points Abilities
1 1 2 2 2 4 + Int Mod Monk Abilities, Uncanny Dodge
2 2 3 3 3 4 + Int Mod One-Inch Punch I
3 3 3 3 3 4 + Int Mod Bonus Feat
4 4 4 4 4 4 + Int Mod One-Inch Punch II
5 5 4 4 4 4 + Int Mod Imp. Uncanny Dodge, Greater Flury
6 6/1 5 5 5 4 + Int Mod One-Inch Punch III
7 7/2 5 5 5 4 + Int Mod Bonus Feat
8 8/3 6 6 6 4 + Int Mod One-Inch Punch IV
9 9/4 6 6 6 4 + Int Mod Bonus Feat
10 10/5 7 7 7 4 + Int Mod One-Inch Punch V, Knowledge is Power

The Jeet Kune Do Master
Hit Die: d8
Alignment: Non Chaotic
Requirements: Improved Unarmed Strike, Flurry of Blows, Stunning Fist, Combat Reflexes, Combat
Expertise, Improved Initiative, Evasion
Tumble 8 ranks
Special: A Monk that takes levels in JKD Master may continue advancing as a Monk without penalty.

Skills: See Monk, Core Rulebook I

Monk Abilities: A tattooed monk’s class levels stack with his monk levels for determining his unarmed damage, AC bonus, and unarmored speed bonus.

Uncanny Dodge: Core Rulebook I

Improved Uncanny Dodge: See Core Rulebook I

Bonus Feats: The character must meet all of the prerequisites and the bonus feat must be taken from the following list: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Elusive Target, Weapon Finesse, Improved Combat Expertise, Weapon Focus , Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Roundabout Kick, Deflect Arrows, Snatch Arrows, Fists of Iron, Defensive Strike, Flying Kick, Eagle Claw Attack, Defensive Throw, Close Quarters Fighting, Clever Wrestling, Close Quarters Fighting, Earth's Embrace, Improved Sunder

One Inch Punch: Through constant practice the JKD Master learns to focus all of their strength and energy into one short burst. This powerful technique is known as the one inch punch. This technique has been known to make even the largest of opponents stumble back or even fall down. This ability may be used at the end of a full attack action or when the JKD master fails to hit their opponent. It may be used any number of Times per round as long as the JKD master has enough Stunning Fist attempts and Attacks of Opportunity remaining. The attack will always cost one attack of opportunity, but as the JKD Master trains the number of Stunning Fist attempts used is reduced. The opponent is treated as flat footed for the attack, as such they loose their Dex bonus to their AC. The attack is made at the BAB of the attack that missed, or at the JKD Master's highest BAB if all of the attacks that round hit the opponent. If the JKD Master has used the One Inch Punch ability during a Full Attack Action, but still wished to take advantage of the ability to use it at the end of a Full Attack Action, then the attack is made at their lowest BAB. As the JKD Master Trains their skill improves and their One Inch Punch gains bonuses as listed:

I: Stunning Fist uses: 3

II: If the One Inch Punch attempt hits the opponent, then the JKD master may choose to initiate a free Bull Rush attempt. This Bull Rush attempt provokes an attack of opportunity unless the JKD Master has the Improved Trip feat.

III: Stunning Fist uses: 2
The Bull Rush attempt no longer provokes an attack of opportunity. In addition to this, the JKD Master may also make a free Trip attempt. This trip attempt provokes an attack of opportunity unless the JKD Master has the Improved Trip feat. The Trip attempt may only be made if the Bull Rush attempt is a success. If the Trip attempt is a success, then the opponent falls in the square that they were Bull Rushed into.

IV: The free Trip attempt no longer provokes an attack of opportunity.

V: Stunning Fist uses: 1
The JKD Master receives a +4 bonus to both the Bull Rush and the Trip attempts. This bonus stacks with the bonus received from the feats Improved Bull Rush and Improved Trip.

Knowledge is Power: After much training and study the JKD Master has learned the finer points of combat. Minor movements and the precise placement of a punch can be the difference between a loss and a victory. It is not only a battle of physical prowess, but also a battle of knowledge. A JKD Master of 10th level may add their Wis bonus to their damage or attack rolls if they choose to do so. This ability only works on creatures with Discernible anatomies. Creatures such as Oozes, Undead, or Constructs are immune to this extra damage. However, Constructs and Undead are not immune to the increased chance to hit. For either bonus to be used, the JKD Master must have either fought the creature before or has made a successful DC 20 Knowledge check. The JKD Master must know how their opponent moves and how it can be hurt to apply the bonuses. The knowledge check is dependent upon what kind of creature the JKD Master is fighting. For example, a Zombie would require a Knowledge Religion check, while a Ice Devil would require a Knowledge Planes check.