PDA

View Full Version : 5e diplomat feat

Illven
2022-03-20, 06:33 PM
One of my players wants to know. If they take the UA diplomat feat, and use it. Does the target realize that the player attempted to charm them if they succeed on the insight check?

They think the player has no idea, my ruling is yes they do, cause Diplomat lacks the language of the glamour bard ability Enthralling performance. "If a target succeeds on its saving throw, the target has no hint that you tried to charm it."

Link to the diplomat feat. https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-SkillFeats.pdf

Unoriginal
2022-03-20, 06:38 PM
One of my players wants to know. If they take the UA diplomat feat, and use it. Does the target realize that the player attempted to charm them if they succeed on the insight check?

They think the player has no idea, my ruling is yes they do, cause Diplomat lacks the language of the glamour bard ability Enthralling performance. "If a target succeeds on its saving throw, the target has no hint that you tried to charm it."

Link to the diplomat feat. https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-SkillFeats.pdf

They would likely notice that the character is trying to manipulate them, which is why the attempt fails.

Corran
2022-03-20, 07:01 PM
It's not a spell or some kind of magical effect. It's a character doing some talking and being very very good at it (rolls decide if it's good enough). That's perceivable but there's nothing else to it for someone to notice.

kingcheesepants
2022-03-20, 07:37 PM
It also lacks the language of friends or charm person which specifically say that the target knows it was charmed. Given that and the fact that it isn't actually a magical effect I'd say they only know that the person is trying to sweet talk them.

Sigreid
2022-03-20, 08:06 PM
It's not magic, so all they would know was that the person was trying to manipulate them. Which to be honest is something they would already likely know anyway whether they were persuaded or not.