View Full Version : Fey Touched/Shadow Touched + Shadow Monk

nickl_2000
2022-03-21, 08:10 AM
What would you think about allowing a PC who is a Shadow Monk to use 2 Ki to cast spells learned from the Fey Touched or Shadow Touched Feats?

It ends up being the same or lower levels than the other spells gained, but it is definitely against RAW. Also could be used on 4 Elements Monk

Bobthewizard
2022-03-21, 12:07 PM
It's definitely not RAW, but in a game where I hadn't already boosted monks, I'd probably allow this.

When I DM, I let monks use step of the wind for no ki, and add their WIS mod to their Ki total, so letting them use Ki on extra spells might be too much. Honestly, I'd probably still allow it if a player asked.

nickl_2000
2022-03-21, 12:19 PM
It's definitely not RAW, but in a game where I hadn't already boosted monks, I'd probably allow this.

When I DM, I let monks use step of the wind for no ki, and add their WIS mod to their Ki total, so letting them use Ki on extra spells might be too much. Honestly, I'd probably still allow it if a player asked.

Ya, that is fair. Step of the Wind without Ki and +Wis Mod to Ki is a pretty substantial bonus to begin with