PDA

View Full Version : Enter the ratman

graymachine
2007-11-24, 07:12 AM
I was looking for some help with finding a ratman template, if you will. I'm currently playing in a game in which I died without rez and I overheard the party leader talking about needing a face-man. While I understand that ratfolk are not necessarily suited to the job, I think I could have a lot of fun with him. I was thinking Bard into Mindbender, unless the base race is too prohibitive. I'm even tempted to throw good levels after bad by taking the Celestial template for kicks and grins. Any suggestions? I'd really like to stick with the ratman as a race, since I have the mannerisms and character already planned out in my mind.

UserClone
2007-11-24, 08:21 AM
I would go with a Nezumi (a race of anthropomorhpic rats from Oriental Adventures), although they have a Cha penalty. However, you're in luck! Tattered-ear Nezumi (a subrace from the Rokugan Campaign Setting) have no Cha penalty!

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-24, 08:30 AM
You could paly an antromorphic rat from SS

UserClone
2007-11-24, 08:35 AM
Nezumi are much more worth it, as ARs not only penalize your Cha by 4, but your Str by 4 as well. Not to mention a Nezumi's 40' base speed. I once made a Feral Half-Minotaur Nezumi Barbarian with a base speed of 70'. He could hunt all day, and still be moving 5' faster than the rest of the party.:smallsmile:

bosssmiley
2007-11-24, 10:13 AM
I was looking for some help with finding a ratman template

Dragonlance Campaign Setting. The chittering, verminous, theiving, disease-carrying little creatures known as Kender should have you covered. :smallwink:

Failing that you could tinker with the MM kobold (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/kobold.htm) so they're fluffy carrion-eating sneaks rather than scaly mining sneaks.

Grey Seer Thanquol salutes your dedication to the cause of the mighty Horned Rat (http://www.blackindustries.com/?template=WH&content=wfrp-horned-rat).

loopy
2007-11-25, 12:56 AM
I remember playing as a Skaven (rat-man) monk in one of my older campaigns, he was an absolute blast to play.

I'll try and find the stats my DM and I agreed on for racial abilities.

graymachine
2007-11-26, 01:42 AM
I remember playing as a Skaven (rat-man) monk in one of my older campaigns, he was an absolute blast to play.

I'll try and find the stats my DM and I agreed on for racial abilities.

I appreciate the effort, but the DM has strictly specified that the game is with printed material only. While he is usually, from my understanding, flexible when it comes to making something that is cool, since we are playing in World's Largest City there are too many opportunities to exploit the rules if homebrewing is allowed.

I'd be interested in the Nezumi subrace that doesn't have a CHA penalty, though. The DM has run the setting before, so I imagine the material is legal. What book is that subrace in?

Ted_Stryker
2007-11-26, 05:23 AM
If third-party material is OK, there are the slitheren from Sword & Sorcery. Vigil Watch: Warrens of the Ratmen has several different templates that range from LA +1 to +3. You do get a -2 Cha penalty with all the LA +1 & +2 templates that I saw in there.

Person_Man
2007-11-26, 10:44 AM
You can use a were-rat, or its level adjusted Savage Species variant (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030912a).

But I think I like the Kobold idea the best.

cupkeyk
2007-11-26, 01:26 PM
Or the Rat Moreau from D20 Modern