PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [3rd Party] Rajah + Decree of Vengeance

Val666
2022-03-24, 01:35 PM
Hello everyone!

Just asking this for clarification. The Rajah has a class ability called The Crossroads, which contains Crown of the Moon Queen. It allows choosing a counter and using it as free action 1/round by expending another maneuver of the same level or higher. Paired with Decree of Vengeance, does that means I can use the counter 1/round as a free action without expending it? Thanks in advance for your time.

Beni-Kujaku
2022-03-24, 01:51 PM
Hello everyone!

Just asking this for clarification. The Rajah has a class ability called The Crossroads, which contains Crown of the Moon Queen. It allows choosing a counter and using it as free action 1/round by expending another maneuver of the same level or higher. Paired with Decree of Vengeance, does that means I can use the counter 1/round as a free action without expending it? Thanks in advance for your time.

It's not "as a free action", it doesn't require an action, which means you can use it outside your turn (which is really weird and pretty overpowered, but hey, 3rd party Pathfinder). This is good for Decree of Vengeance, since it can only be activated when an opponent attacks you. So, yeah, you can use Decree of Vengeance by a free action. However, the ability doesn't mention that you do not expend the counter, so you still expend it. The only benefit is to initiate the counter without using an action by expending another maneuver on top of it, which is still pretty strong.

Val666
2022-03-24, 02:18 PM
It's not "as a free action", it doesn't require an action, which means you can use it outside your turn (which is really weird and pretty overpowered, but hey, 3rd party Pathfinder). This is good for Decree of Vengeance, since it can only be activated when an opponent attacks you. So, yeah, you can use Decree of Vengeance by a free action. However, the ability doesn't mention that you do not expend the counter, so you still expend it. The only benefit is to initiate the counter without using an action by expending another maneuver on top of it, which is still pretty strong.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed xoxo