PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k what army is best and tactics

Quinsar
2007-11-24, 11:09 AM
In my opinion eldar are the best but thats just beacuse i like how they look and ive played them for so long.

Eitan
2007-11-24, 11:11 AM
I personally believe that no army is really the best and that each army has its own valid and invalid tactics to be used. The skill of the player in using his army plays a much larger roll in who wins the game rather than who is playing what kind of army.

Quinsar
2007-11-24, 11:15 AM
I personally believe that no army is really the best and that each army has its own valid and invalid tactics to be used. The skill of the player in using his army plays a much larger roll in who wins the game rather than who is playing what kind of army.

That is a valid point but you have to agree that some units like the monolith are a little overpowered

Eitan
2007-11-24, 11:21 AM
I don't believe the monolith is overpowered. It is very hard to destroy if you don't have the right weapons to do it, but its over all effectiveness on the battlefield is really more of an annoyance than a direct threat. The teleportation, the second WBB, and the deep striking are all an annoyance and don't directly threaten your army in and of themselves.

Once again, it would depend on the skill of the player in using the monolith that would decide how effective it is. It defiantly wont be killing much though if you don't deep strike it into the middle of the enemy, its weapons are too short range to be used often and if you do deep strike it into the enemies army every anti-tank weapon they have will fire on it and destroy it.

Even if the enemy can't destroy the monolith, the monolith is slow, and easily outrun by most units that you'd want to hit with that particle whip.

Bryn
2007-11-24, 11:25 AM
For daily my-army-is-best-no-mine-is shouting contests, see the main 40k thread :smallwink: Seriously, that's the place to have this discussion.

That said, the monolith may be hard to kill, but for 235 points, it probably should be. It's weapons are failry short-range (maximum 24"+ 6" move), and if you have a decent amount of anti-tank or any ordnance you should have a good chance of hurting it. In addition, it doesn't count against the total for the Phase Out rule, so you can fairly safely ignore it and shoot the rest of his army instead.

Dorizzit
2007-11-24, 11:35 AM
For daily my-army-is-best-no-mine-is shouting contests, see the main 40k thread :smallwink: Seriously, that's the place to have this discussion.

He's right, too.