PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Rogue/Sorcerer Build

Azara5
2022-03-28, 08:40 PM
Hey everyone, I'm currently theory-crafting a half-elf Rogue/Sorcerer using Swashbuckler and the Imperial Birthright (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hKzaG9KmC75N7MlE_DDQwN-UyZZ9LjRb/view) homebrew sorcerer subclass made by u/IrishBandit over on reddit. After racial bonuses, the stat array would be 8 16 14 10 12 16. I can grab booming blade with sorcerer to boost dpr, but I don't have any other specific build ideas. Does the playground have any advice?

strangebloke
2022-03-28, 09:09 PM
Ah well. It's really hard to say, you know? How do you plan to play this character, how much do you want to be in melee, etc.

Looking at this subclass you'll want to be casting with verbal components a lot but that sort of conflicts with the "sneak attack every turn" plan. Quicken would be the way to do this, but without a lot of sorcerer levels that's sort of impractical. So overall I'd say you're either going to be mostly a rogue who spends their spells on a few useful utility things like mage armor and shield (and gets some nice THP from those) or you're going to be mostly a sorcerer with a few levels of rogue.

I'd probably go swash 5/lineage 3, with lineage being not the first level. Grab enough spells to cover a lot of defensive situations, and use spells to fuel quickened booming blade for extra damage. (in a pinch you can quicken a BB, then ready a BB and get sneak attack on both casts of booming blade)