New comic is up. Pow!

Deuce
2005-12-14, 10:22 AM
Rocket Skates are wonderful :)

Beelzebub1111
2005-12-14, 10:23 AM
I have only two things to say about this comic

1. ROCKET SKATES!!!!!

2. Where the heck did they get rocket skates in a fantasy comic?

Edit: Well, a wizard probably did it.

Mute
POW! indeed! Thog sure knocks the ladies off their feet, he's just plain irresistable with those rocket skates.

WampaX
Rocket Skates are a fairly good approxiamtion of 3.0 Boots of Haste. ;D

Nutmegger
2005-12-14, 10:26 AM
Yay, rocket skates!

I guess ACME deliveries are just as fast in the OotS realm as they are for the coyote.

Malachi, the Lich King
2005-12-14, 10:28 AM
Pow! indeed. I think the boots should have been knocked off the women a la Charlie Brown.

GeeVee
2005-12-14, 10:29 AM
Rocket skates FTW!

Taliesin
2005-12-14, 10:29 AM
blah blah blah blah blah rocket skates! blah blah blah coolness factor! blah blah blah blah blah blah blah -bloody awesome!

This is too good.

munehiro
2005-12-14, 10:32 AM
Thog on Rocket Boots...great!

you made me laugh so loudly that people in the room though i got mad... ;D

Paragon_Kobold
2005-12-14, 10:32 AM
I want to see the buisness card!

Rayek
2005-12-14, 10:33 AM
Where can I get a booster shot against cooties?

Dark_Stalion
2005-12-14, 10:41 AM
3 months. Though he would have got the hint. Not that I fancied a girl for 2 years and got turned down everytime I asked :-[

Edit: oops, sory, make that 3 semesters.

On another note, did anyone notice how similar Julia's 'could you narow it down' speach was to Xycons. Maybe she is an exil enchantress who's thinking of taking Necromancy up. We all know that Leaches look better than they did when they were alive (higher charisma score)

Omellette
2005-12-14, 10:41 AM
Hahaha! That's flippin' awesome...

Why do I get the feeling that Miss Greenhilt is entirely capable of opening up a huge can of whoopass, when the time is right? Enough to even make V take notice...

:-)

shnu
2005-12-14, 10:47 AM
Despite the Giant's irritation with the BB, he's scoring a series of bullseyes with the comics. Class act.

Tetralemma
2005-12-14, 10:50 AM
I want to see the buisness card!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Linear Guild
Taking Disproportionate Revenge Over
Quasi-Imagined Slights Since Strip #43

Proprietor: Nale - Super Genius

Jevanyn
2005-12-14, 10:51 AM
blah blah blah blah rocket skates blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah business cards blah blah ... hey, what the hell are they drinking that's blue? 8)

bosssmiley
2005-12-14, 10:52 AM
New comic is up. Pow!
Kidnap...rejection...disproportionate over-reaction to quasi-imagined slights...and a half-orc on rocket skates. Truly the Giant is a genius!

Mr Burlew, we salute you. ;D

Oh, and for the nay-sayers, the skates powered by alchemical fire. "Wheeeeeeeeee!"

Karellen
2005-12-14, 11:00 AM
Ahh, evil wizardry motivated by the bitterness of an unreciprocated teenage crush. We've all been there. =D

Eldhrin
2005-12-14, 11:00 AM
Nice one! Thog executed that abduction with style and flair. He may not have much intelligence but he is capable of carrying out a plan.

Samiam303
2005-12-14, 11:01 AM
All I can say is:
WOOHOO!

Elethiomel
2005-12-14, 11:10 AM
<3 Thog.

Rocket skates, teenagers' preoccupation with seeming "cool" and a new LG member who fits in perfectly. This is great.

[Edit: Removed prediction.]

RebelRogue
2005-12-14, 11:12 AM
The teenage girl wizard yapping is just priceless. And Thog on rocket skates!!! How much more could you ever ask for? ;D

Winter_Wolf
2005-12-14, 11:13 AM
Gnomes. Everyone knows Acme employs drunken gnomes to craft their products, using the Craft (Things that Go Boom) skill. That's probably why we haven't seen any gnomes running around (have we?). And they use for raw materials the things they keep stealing from me. You don't just "lose" electronics, they need the components for the rocket skates don'tcha know?

OmegaDonut
2005-12-14, 11:15 AM
Amidst the more overt humor of the rocket skates, "...for three semesters" and "it even says so on our business cards!" it might be easy to overlook some of perhaps Rich's subtler humor:

The fact that "boys" and "wands" happen to be in the same speech bubble. You didn't think they were talking about the technical capabilities of wands, were you?

Reaver225
2005-12-14, 11:24 AM
Hi, first time posting! Just noticed more opposite stuff

V = very high minded and overstrung

Pompey = self effacing, shameful...

Def opposites...

Also:

ROCKETTTT BOOOOTTTSSSS ><
----
(wait, aren't they guided, and so missile boots? Possibly... MAGICally guided MISSILE boots?!?!)

Hey, ring of jumping vs rocket boots...

Gwain
2005-12-14, 11:27 AM
The fact that "boys" and "wands" happen to be in the same speech bubble. You didn't think they were talking about the technical capabilities of wands, were you?

phew, it's nice to know that i'm not the only one with the twisted mind needed to notice that ;)

DeathQuaker
2005-12-14, 11:32 AM

Well, you know, teenage boys and their wands... can't get them to stop playing around with them. ;)

Rich Burlew has perhaps done the most apt and accurate representation of teenage girls I have ever seen in a comic medium. ;D

I like that Julia's a b*tch. I like that she isn't a goody two shoes wizard (although I do not believe she is a wanna be necromancer. I mean she could be, but somehow I get the sense that Enchantment is more her thing. "Ug. Like, 'enchantment' is one of your prohibited schools. Like I could ever go with a guy who clearly has no skill in charm? What-ever."). I want to see her irritate the Linear Guild to death before the OOTS ever shows up. :)

Amalthea
2005-12-14, 11:40 AM
Anyone else notice that the girl in blue's blouse isn't colorfast? ;D

powner
2005-12-14, 11:46 AM
I was a bit offended by the blah, blah, blah but the protection from cooties was pretty funny. Its a good thing nale prepared it, lol.

I'd like to comment on how intresting this is becoming, with Miko, Roy's Sister and ,the Linear Guild. I can't wait to see how Rich is going to finish these problems. At the same time I refuse to predict.

Gengy
2005-12-14, 11:48 AM
MUST... OWN... MY OWN... ROCKET... SKATES.

Thog attachment optional.

Hey Giant? Anyone ever mentioned that you're a genius?

The Linear Guild
Taking Disproportionate Revenge Over
Quasi-Imagined Slights Since Strip #43

Proprietor: Nale - Super Genius

That is SO how it looks.

Devoured_Dude
2005-12-14, 11:53 AM
Hmm, Taking Disproportionate Revenge Over Quasi-Imagined Slights...

Does that mean I'm a member of the linear guild?

Your japery cuts me to the quick Mr. Burlew!

Aerysil1
2005-12-14, 12:02 PM
I failed to notice that the half-elf only has ONE pointy ear.

Truly a half-elf.

Reminds me of a hybrid dog I had - only one of his ears drooped.

Krytha
2005-12-14, 12:05 PM
Funny how Thog is a bumbling fool but he sure can sweep the ladies off their feet... while using rocket boots (which somehow didn't cause him to slip and die...)

heehee... poor pompey... just one of the many legions vying for Julia's affections...

Marller
2005-12-14, 12:06 PM
There was so much blah in todays comic.
And Thog got to use the rocket baldes. POW ;D
And the blue girl got a blue chest. ;)

Terrafire
2005-12-14, 12:19 PM
That girl with a red shirt has a see-through skirt! :o

armatil
2005-12-14, 12:27 PM
worship.

also, i like the oppositeness of pompey's submissive personality versus that of vaarsuvius ("yes sir, mr. nale...")

excellent strip.

Nilac_the_Grim
2005-12-14, 12:35 PM
I was a bit offended by the blah, blah, blah but the protection from cooties was pretty funny. Its a good thing nale prepared it, lol.

You were offended by the "blah, blah, blah"? Try as I might I can't imagine how anyone could get offended by that!

Unless you have some persecution complex and took that to be a criticism of women in general or teenage girls in general. If that's the case, what are we supposed to do, never make fun of teenagers in your presence?

It's just a joke. Relax. Don't be offended. Take life easy, don't get offended -- it's a waste of time.

Besides, everyone knows teenagers are safe to make fun of. It's because they are kind of annoying sometimes. If you don't believe me, try working in a high school when you get older...

Orzel
2005-12-14, 12:42 PM
aaaw
I wanted to see Nale say "Circle Circle Dot Dot" :(

..rocket boots :)

Tetralemma
2005-12-14, 12:49 PM
Anyone else notice that the girl in blue's blouse isn't colorfast? ;D

And the blue girl got a blue chest. ;)

Don't make fun of the poor girl. She just spilled her blue drink there. Thog on rocket skates would do that to anyone. I'm sure Pompey would be happy to help her clean it up. ;D

Pensive Pine
2005-12-14, 12:55 PM
I was a bit offended by the blah, blah, blah
The way I see it, those panels served the dual purpose of showing typical teenagers in action, and how long it took to get the rocket boots (and figure out how to work them).
Either that, or it was for dramatic purposes. I can definitely see the Linear Guild offpanel, with Thog going "now?" and Nale crouching down, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. "Wait for it..."

zibeck
2005-12-14, 12:56 PM
ROCKET SKATES!

Classic.

Lilly
2005-12-14, 12:59 PM
I can't pick what I think is the funniest. So it all is! EEEEHEHEHEHE!

xyzchyx
2005-12-14, 01:07 PM
MUST... OWN... MY OWN... ROCKET... SKATES.

I seem to recall reading that back in the 1960's there was a patent for this (thanks in no small part I am sure to cartoons like bugs bunny et al), but the item never made it to the commercial market because of unacceptable danger levels.

Lasombra
2005-12-14, 01:15 PM
hehehe :) ;D

Flak_Razorwill
2005-12-14, 01:18 PM
Surprising Greenhilt-style whoopass in 3...2...1...

EDIT: As for rocket skates, see Jackass: The Movie. Johnny Knoxville goes temporarily deaf when one rocket detaches and goes off near his head.

So where is Julia? The co-op? If so, where did Thog take her, some random secluded hall? And anyone notice the background wallpaper? I love the rectangles.

EDIT AGAIN: Someone mentioned colorfastness, and I couldn't help it. I think I see something: The blue blouse girl in the previous comic has a bit of...ahem...what do you call it...a lower neckline showing, a common modern style.

In this comic, that low neckline skin is now light blue. She may have had time to put on an undershirt, but I dunno.

*Bows before The Giant, in humility*

Rtos
2005-12-14, 01:33 PM
"Coolness Factor" - that's great!

Thanks Rich for all of the laughs.

Slibs
2005-12-14, 01:33 PM

So long as there's no talk about charges

Sylvius
2005-12-14, 01:46 PM
I was a bit offended by the blah, blah, blah

It struck me as a spot-on description of how teenage girls talk.

That's why it's so hard to ask them to dance. They're not only always clustered with their friends, but they're always enganged in a rapid-fire conversation, and one would have to interrupt them to get in that dance question.

Nerd-o-rama
2005-12-14, 01:49 PM
Cooties shot...
Blah blah blah blah...
Rejection by the smart, hot chick...
Rocket skates...

This comic managed to make me think of every level of school I've ever attended. Congratulations, Giant.

(That's elementary school, junior high, high school, and college respectively.)

Chaos
2005-12-14, 02:03 PM
So how long will it take before someone posts a "Protection from Cooties" spell over at the d20 subforum? ;D

Sylvius
2005-12-14, 02:09 PM
That girl with a red shirt has a see-through skirt! :o

It's diaphanous!

mossfoot
2005-12-14, 02:20 PM
I honestly never expected to see Thog on the rocket skates. I thought for sure that wouldn't "actually" happen.

I'm so damn glad happy I was wrong! :D ;D

Boomlaor
2005-12-14, 02:25 PM
Cooties shot...
Blah blah blah blah...
Rejection by the smart, hot chick...
Rocket skates...

This comic managed to make me think of every level of school I've ever attended. Congratulations, Giant.

(That's elementary school, junior high, high school, and college respectively.)
So I get the first 3 references, but I GOTTA hear the story behind Rocket skates reminding you of college...

Boomlaor

zibeck
2005-12-14, 02:33 PM
I can't pick what I think is the funniest. So it all is! EEEEHEHEHEHE!

Definately the rocket skates. Definately definately.

Tariskat
2005-12-14, 02:43 PM
I don't think anyone else has said this on this board.. But many thanks to the Giant for posting the last 3 strips so quickly! Unless you always post them fast and I didn't check often enough.

On another note, I completely agree the Rocket skates were awesome!!
And yes, that's how **gulp** we teenage girls talk. A "makeup" would have been spot-on, too.
heh heh heh.. boys and wands.

Nerd-o-rama
2005-12-14, 02:44 PM
So I get the first 3 references, but I GOTTA hear the story behind Rocket skates reminding you of college...

Boomlaor
Engineering major. 'Nuff said.

Deleran
2005-12-14, 02:47 PM
I seem to recall reading that back in the 1960's there was a patent for this (thanks in no small part I am sure to cartoons like bugs bunny et al), but the item never made it to the commercial market because of unacceptable danger levels.

And I recall that they made a pair of rocket skates in that show starring Johnny Knoxville whose name may or may not be acceptable to say on these boards.

Nightfall
2005-12-14, 02:53 PM
Gnomes. Everyone knows Acme employs drunken gnomes to craft their products, using the Craft (Things that Go Boom) skill.

They don't even need to be drunk. Look how efficiently they run the D&D Vending Machine! ;)

Gengy
2005-12-14, 03:05 PM

Damn stupid danger levels...

phlip
2005-12-14, 03:07 PM
Well, let's see...
Julia is a character, either a PC or NPC, so her opinions would be based at least marginally on that of a gamer or a DM...
When a gamer or a DM thinks your presence is lowering their coolness rating, it's time to get worried...

Bah, coolness is overrated anyways.

Eva_of_Sirrion
2005-12-14, 03:27 PM
I'm a bit disappointed in our boy Pompey. Someone with bonuses to gather information and diplomacy should be more than capable of picking up rumors, throwing around some gossip and making sure Julia would end up his.

Unless of course charisma was his dump stat. ;)

Blackeagle
2005-12-14, 03:32 PM

Sorcerers probably get all the hot chicks.

Mas_Sinoda
2005-12-14, 03:50 PM
I love the "Blah Blah Blah...." I can't tell you how many times I've heard that... Actually, earlier I was teasing someone for talking like that... I believe their conversation went something like "Ya, I was all like, 'like youre like a like...Jerk, so like, just like, shut up' like, do you like, know what I like mean?" And it lasted much longer than that...

Blackdog
2005-12-14, 03:53 PM
Sorcerers probably get all the hot chicks.

Believe it!
http://www.waitingforgo.com/legend/s101/s101.gif

OmegaDonut
2005-12-14, 04:05 PM
That picture has made me a believer.

TwinFang
2005-12-14, 04:19 PM
I think it may be time to either multiclass or start again. Sorcerers get the women, Im becoming one.

p.s. great strip, has everything, action, comedy, romance, fun for all the family.

Amalthea
2005-12-14, 04:27 PM
EDIT AGAIN: Someone mentioned colorfastness, and I couldn't help it. I think I see something: The blue blouse girl in the previous comic has a bit of...ahem...what do you call it...a lower neckline showing, a common modern style.

In this comic, that low neckline skin is now light blue. She may have had time to put on an undershirt, but I dunno.

Clothing with color of exceptionally poor quality can come off on your skin or other clothing. A good example are some of the colored leather coats you can buy in the Leather Market in Florence, Italy. Some of them are essentially spray-painted (you can tell by stretching the seams and you'll see areas the color didn't reach) and that spray-painted color is notorious for coming off on your clothing.

But that's what I meant about her blouse not being color fast. Either that or she did spill her drink. :-)

Doug_Lampert
2005-12-14, 04:49 PM

Boomlaor

I recall the following conversation at work after it came out that the nuts at Columbine had prepared 30 bombs in one's garage.

It went something like this:

Woman employee: "How does a highschool student make thirty bombs at home without his parents noticing!"
Male tech type #1: "I never had any trouble when I was in highschool."
Male tech type #2: "Me either."
Male tech type #3: "It was easy for us.."
Male tech type #4: "Same here."
Woman looks at everyone else in the conversation in horror, we all shrug and start discussing just what we blew up and what we used for detonators and explosives.

Had the subject been rockets it would have been quite similar.

Sylvius
2005-12-14, 05:36 PM

I knew it!

I wish I'd been an engineer. But noooo, I had to be all esoteric and study astrophysics.

Mr._Blinky
2005-12-14, 05:42 PM
OMGROFL! The rocket skates were even funnier than I could possibly have imagined! I just loved the "POW!" as Thog went past!

Kulatu
2005-12-14, 05:54 PM
That was brilliant.

Two BIG thumbs up!

Sc00by
2005-12-14, 05:58 PM
Pass me a needle and thread for I fear my sides have split...

If you start at the beginning of the re-introduction of the LG and read through it all you'd better not be trying to eat or drink!

knightflight
2005-12-14, 06:31 PM
Did we ever find out why they are they are called the Liner Guild?

Eriol
2005-12-14, 06:35 PM
Did we ever find out why they are they are called the Liner Guild?
RPing reason: no.

Non-RPing reason: a stick is straight, thus Linear, and since they're related to the Order of the Stick -> Linear Guild works.

soni
2005-12-14, 06:47 PM
Thog not bumbling idiot. Thog just not talk common so good.

rat_bastard
2005-12-14, 06:52 PM
I have learned that I no longer need food, air or sleep, I can be sustained totally by thog on rocket skates. :D

Fasali
2005-12-14, 07:54 PM
... hey, what the hell are they drinking that's blue? 8)

MILK! =D

/Star Wars Geek

(I thought for SURE someone was gonna beat me to that punch

Solara
2005-12-14, 08:14 PM
Best. Comic. Ever.

(Since Monday, anyway, and it'll probably lose the title on Friday...)

Gorbash Kazdar
2005-12-14, 08:27 PM
Best. Comic. Ever.

(Since Monday, anyway, and it'll probably lose the title on Friday...)
S'why I love this comic. Every week I end up with a new favorite line ;)

DOOM2099
2005-12-14, 08:41 PM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

This is the funniest strip yet. The Linear Guild is actually more fertile for comedy material than oOtS is. Genius! Thog absolutely rules! One day The Linear Guild will be more (in)famous than The Legion of DOOM!

Charity322
2005-12-14, 09:01 PM
Gnomes. Everyone knows Acme employs drunken gnomes to craft their products, using the Craft (Things that Go Boom) skill. That's probably why we haven't seen any gnomes running around (have we?). And they use for raw materials the things they keep stealing from me. You don't just "lose" electronics, they need the components for the rocket skates don'tcha know?

We saw one Gnome when Durkon was trying to buy less noisy armour and the muskrat 3000 only emphasises your point. :P

Single Shot Zombie
2005-12-14, 09:14 PM
Super-Thog to the rescue!!!!!!!! ;D

POW!!!!!!!!

Ummm........Thog don't know what is "rescue".

Jalathas
2005-12-14, 10:48 PM
Great comic, as always. I find the blah, blah, blah to be very accurate.

Pvednes
2005-12-14, 11:49 PM
Bwahaha...

She's like the Xykon of high school.

humanpylon
2005-12-15, 12:05 AM
Comic: Funny funny funny!

Julia: Catty little cow.

Shatteredtower
2005-12-15, 12:19 AM
Eh, I look at Julia and I remember how Haley used to be. Who knows where she'll be in three years, let alone ten?

SumGuy
2005-12-15, 12:19 AM
wow...Julia apparantly has the same facial expressions as her big brother.

Grimmaces must be a family trait or something ;)

Nightfall
2005-12-15, 12:29 AM
I love the "Blah Blah Blah...." I can't tell you how many times I've heard that... Actually, earlier I was teasing someone for talking like that... I believe their conversation went something like "Ya, I was all like, 'like youre like a like...Jerk, so like, just like, shut up' like, do you like, know what I like mean?" And it lasted much longer than that...

That had to be maddening in the extreme. I would have been tearing my hair out at that point screaming, "VERBS, LADIES! YOU NEED VERBS AND NOUNS AND SYNTAX!"

Seriously, I can't remember ever talking that way in high school. So I have to face reality. I was a geek even then. :-[

MPHopcroft
2005-12-15, 12:35 AM
Rocket Skates! For the Love of Pelor, ROCKET SKATES!

And one other comment: LIner Guild, say hello to Red Chief, er, Julia Greenhilt.

Winged One
2005-12-15, 12:39 AM
Don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said on this thread. Therefore:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

JessmanCA
2005-12-15, 01:05 AM
<3 thog on rocket skates

RabiAkiva
2005-12-15, 04:57 AM
loved it. Coolness factor.

Oh and it is likely to drop some more baby

Vitas
2005-12-15, 05:46 AM
I love Thog! POW!

ref
2005-12-15, 06:19 AM
I usually find lots of pages when I get to check new comics (not anyone's fault, it's just the way timezones work) and thus everything has been said already. But rest assured I'm enjoying this as much as anyone else here :)

Wrecan
2005-12-15, 09:39 AM

I think he has two dumnp stats: charisma and coolness.

Deuce
2005-12-15, 11:11 AM
Rocket Skates! For the Love of Pelor, ROCKET SKATES!

And one other comment: LIner Guild, say hello to Red Chief, er, Julia Greenhilt.

The same thought crossed my mind - well, that and more, but those are thoughts for the spoiler/prediction threads.

Reaver225
2005-12-15, 12:11 PM
Boots of Rocket Speed! Go Giant for comic-ness!

mec
2005-12-15, 01:57 PM
I think he has two dumnp stats: charisma and coolness.

Coolness factor is my dump stat! ;D

Mas_Sinoda
2005-12-15, 03:03 PM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

This is the funniest strip yet. The Linear Guild is actually more fertile for comedy material than oOtS is. Genius! Thog absolutely rules! One day The Linear Guild will be more (in)famous than The Legion of DOOM!

You're right. These last few have had me laughing more than the last bunch with the Order. But I still was laughing, mind you. I just love Thog. And Nale. And Sabine's allright... All day my friend and I have been saying "Blah, blah blah blah blah like blah. Blah blah blah blah blah..."

Gleanerizer
2005-12-15, 04:19 PM
Just read #257 again. I can't wait until Friday.

Reading the top row reminded me of a Gorillaz song ("Rock It").

blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah (CLOTHES)
blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah (BOYS)
blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah (WANDS)
blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah (SERIOUSLY)

Rock it, rock it, rock it, rock it, rock it...

I'm wierd.

Efogoto
2005-12-15, 06:39 PM
Thog not bumbling idiot. Thog just not talk common so good.

"Thog got to use a mop!"

Ragnarok
2005-12-15, 06:52 PM
Coolness factor is my dump stat! ;D

That's the problem with min/maxing. Coolness tends to suffer. (As does merely the fact of knowing what min/maxing is.)

Efogoto
2005-12-15, 09:37 PM
Wouldn't Thog find a spell of protection vs. cooties to be of more value than a booster shot? I'm sure Pompey could have come up with something ...

Nightfall
2005-12-16, 12:15 AM
Wouldn't Thog find a spell of protection vs. cooties to be of more value than a booster shot? I'm sure Pompey could have come up with something ...

Thog not mind pain. Besides, Nale not tell Thog about paper with spell on it.

Reaver225
2005-12-16, 01:16 AM
"Thog got to use a mop!"

Maybe Thog has weird mop fetish...

Efogoto
2005-12-16, 01:59 AM
Maybe Thog has weird mop fetish...

One wonders how he'd have reacted to Roy wearing the mop-head. ... Or was that why Thog said "Thog liked it?"

Magus
2005-12-16, 04:20 AM
And the people cried out for rocket skates, and lo- there were rocket skates, and Thog upon them. And there was much joy and celebration in cyberland.

Or something like that. Great job, Rich! Also, perfect characterization of teenage girls talking to each other.

Omniplex
2005-12-16, 10:37 AM
Not sure if this is the right place, but get well soon Rich. :'(

Sylian
2005-12-16, 10:47 AM
I think Rich should put some more points into Constitution.

Get well soon Rich!

Marller
2005-12-16, 11:01 AM
Damn, i should have taken priest or druid as class. :(

Get well Rich.

Sanctu
2005-12-16, 11:04 AM
Morning, Rich. Hope you feel better soon. Please take care of yourself.

Jeff
Sanctu
(Always plays a cleric, but can rarely help in real life.)

Electric_Monkey
2005-12-16, 11:22 AM

Booster shot is clearly most efficient way to deliver maximised potion of protection against cooties.

Larrin
2005-12-16, 11:54 AM
Having had Strept all this week and papers to grade and grades to submit before this semester is over, I can relate all to well to how Rich probably feels.

Take it easy, Biggest Guy!

On a side note, Who is that concerned freckled burnette wench Rich has attending him with hot steamy soup? With a less grave expression i think she'd be quite a looker........

Also, Is rich wearing Yellow pajamas, or has this illness turned his chest an alarming Yellow, and burned off his manly forrest?! either option is somewhat alarming to the eye...

whmice
2005-12-16, 12:15 PM
fell good rich!
the latest were great!

Deuce
2005-12-16, 12:41 PM
"Cure Disease" . . .

erm,

. . .

(lousy low Wisdom score)

Get well soon Rich!

Yuki Akuma
2005-12-16, 02:03 PM
Having had Strept all this week and papers to grade and grades to submit before this semester is over, I can relate all to well to how Rich probably feels.

Take it easy, Biggest Guy!

On a side note, Who is that concerned freckled burnette wench Rich has attending him with hot steamy soup? With a less grave expression i think she'd be quite a looker........

Also, Is rich wearing Yellow pajamas, or has this illness turned his chest an alarming Yellow, and burned off his manly forrest?! either option is somewhat alarming to the eye...

That... that would be his wife.

Sylvius
2005-12-16, 02:27 PM
Stop drinking spoiled eggnog, Rich.

Thank you for taking care of him, Mrs. Giant.

Antina
2005-12-16, 02:46 PM
Hope youŽll get well soon, Rich!
A little late (the guards made quite a deal letting me in...) but well meant :)

Monzz
2005-12-16, 02:46 PM
Hope you get better soon, Rich.

Aphrella
2005-12-16, 02:48 PM
That... that would be his wife.

Actually - girlfriend... And a real sweet girl at that.

Sylvius
2005-12-16, 02:54 PM
I'm still going to call her Mrs. Giant. I think it's cute.

DarthElan
2005-12-16, 02:59 PM
"cure, Cure, Cure, cure the big bad giants disease"

{add star wars theme here} May the force be with you

There rich, add a bards song and force power bonous's to your recovery

GET WELL SOON

Jevanyn
2005-12-16, 03:00 PM
Giant is sick, but is feeling well enough to give Mrs. Giant a different color skirt from the last time he used this picture to tell us he's sick.

The original in on the Extras page under filler, from last September. He also took out the speech bubbles (he should have put in a cryptogram! :D )

humanpylon
2005-12-16, 03:08 PM
hmmmm a cryptogram resulting from fever induced hallucinations....

That would mess with peoples heads pretty good

Sundog
2005-12-16, 03:09 PM
May you feel beter in the morning, Giant.

Taelas
2005-12-16, 04:24 PM
Giant is sick, but is feeling well enough to give Mrs. Giant a different color skirt from the last time he used this picture to tell us he's sick.

The original in on the Extras page under filler, from last September. He also took out the speech bubbles (he should have put in a cryptogram! :D )
He probably had it ready in advance--note that his hair is also longer, he's no longer rambling in a fever, and his hand is resting on the sheet instead of being up in the air.

And yes, I realize that analyzing a filler image is rather pedantic, but hey. ;)

kit
2005-12-16, 04:53 PM
Get well soon, Giant!

Larrin
2005-12-16, 05:02 PM
hmmmm a cryptogram resulting from fever induced hallucinations....

That would mess with peoples heads pretty good

having had fevered halucination as recently as wedsday night, i can defintietly say that they are best left as dim memerories and not drudged up, even for the sake of messing with others heads.....

Yuki Akuma
2005-12-16, 05:45 PM
Actually - girlfriend... And a real sweet girl at that.

Bah. A wife is just a girlfriend plus an over-expensive ceremony that really doesn't mean much.

Edit: Also: yes. Mrs. Giant does sound like an exceedingly cute nickname. ^^ I wonder if Rich would mind us giving his wi- girlfriend a nickname? :P

RecurringDream
2005-12-16, 06:03 PM
Well, whether or not he (or she) are particularly attached to the nickname, since it was done in good spirit, I'm sure the sentiment is well-received. :) I am one of those women who would be irritated at being nicknamed or defined by my SO, but in that case I would probably find it cute. Plus, the way I tend to run things, it's just as likely that I would simultaneaously have a group calling my SO "Mr./Ms. [me]". I guess that's what happens when you are a charasmatic, attractive geek who also likes charasmatic, attractive geeks... LOL

At the risk of getting too Jewish-grandmother:
Lots of chicken soup, fluids (preferably high vitamin C juices [like the blue stuff the girls were drinking! Yeah!!] and echinacea tea), zinc, and selective medications for your particular brand of ick. Regardless, long showers always help me feel better too! :)

[On juices, I'm not sure if it's a Seattle thing, but you should try Odwalla and Naked. You'll get hooked.]

Get better soon.

Nightfall
2005-12-16, 06:11 PM
Echoing the sentiments of all here....get well soon, Giant!

Swordster
2005-12-16, 07:42 PM
Hope you feel better, Rich.

Adghar
2005-12-16, 09:50 PM
He probably had it ready in advance--note that his hair is also longer, he's no longer rambling in a fever, and his hand is resting on the sheet instead of being up in the air.

And yes, I realize that analyzing a filler image is rather pedantic, but hey. ;)

In addition, different color sheets, and Rich has a different shirt on.

kradman
2005-12-17, 12:50 AM
if you drop your SR i will cast owl's wisd (from 3.0 at level 20)walk around for 19.5 hours, cure disease....Cure disease and bam new comic..

wagomorph
2005-12-17, 02:08 AM
One can be wife or girlfriend and still be cute. I like to think that whatever she is, the giant deserves and probably has charisma 18 companionship.

Party on soon Giant

wmcduff
2005-12-17, 10:55 AM
One would think that The Giant's girlfriend would be The Giantess. (Or Lady Pixie or something amusingly small, but anyway...)

Get well soon, sir! Darn those low Con check rolls...

GypsyThorn
2005-12-17, 01:09 PM
I predict Rich will recover fully and put out more cool cartoons real soon. And they will be surprising in their plot twists.

(Does this count as a prediction?)

Eek_freak
2005-12-17, 01:13 PM
NOOOOO!
Don't you realize that he won't use anything posted on the messageboard? Now he'll drop dead of debilitating illness and some idiot will take over the comic, and it will be drab and boring! Curse you!

Sesquedoodle
2005-12-17, 02:56 PM
Now he'll drop dead of debilitating illness and some idiot will take over the comic, and it will be drab and boring!

Fortunatly, now that you've predicted that, he'll get well and post more comics!

Prediction jokes aside, get well soon Rich! Our thoughts are with you.

kradman
2005-12-17, 05:12 PM
he just needs a hug.. come here giant.. come here...

[--why does everyone run away?]

Mr._Blinky
2005-12-17, 09:28 PM
NOOOOO!
Don't you realize that he won't use anything posted on the messageboard? Now he'll drop dead of debilitating illness and some idiot will take over the comic, and it will be drab and boring! Curse you!

Wait, but that your prediction now causes a huge paradox...

My brain hurts...

Ragnarok
2005-12-17, 09:50 PM
My brain hurts...
I got my head stuck in the cupboard!

Anyone who recognises that quote will get a major cookie.

Also, get well soon Giant! [not to be taken seriously]And if you ever figure out who gave the disease... well, accidents can happen.[/not to be taken seriously]

killingwithasmile
2005-12-18, 04:16 AM
no more paradoxs they cause to much trouble

themunck
2005-12-18, 06:00 AM

Also, get well soon Giant! [not to be taken seriously]And if you ever figure out who gave the disease... well, accidents can happen.[/not to be taken seriously]
its from 8-bit adventure, their christmas movie

phlip
2005-12-18, 06:06 AM

The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekov - Adapted for radio by putting it onto a piece of wood and banging a few nails through it

Hmm... *tries to imagine a radio adaption of OotS*

*shudders*

Get well soon, Rich... meanwhile I'll sic my goons on those lazy medical scientists who still haven't gotten around to curing the common cold... or the flu or whatever it is you have - just blanket retribution should do it.

tarlen
2005-12-18, 06:02 PM

Hello Mr Gumby!

;D

(Since there have obviously been a couple of people who recognise it, I'll spoil it for everyone by explaining that it's a Monty Python sketch from "The Monty Python Instant Record Collection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monty_Python_Instant_Record_Collection)" - 1977).

mossfoot
2005-12-18, 07:15 PM
Get well soon! At least there's no need for a candlelight vigil this time ;) (er...I hope! :o )

RawBearNYC
2005-12-18, 08:36 PM
NOOOOO!
did you just call me an idiot?!?

Adghar
2005-12-18, 10:59 PM
There, there. He didn't really mean it.

*glares at eek freak*

Drraagh
2005-12-19, 03:19 AM
Due to illness, the part of the Giant will be played by... The Giant. ;)

I was thinking of Titan A.E when I saw the illness page again today. "Is it dead? Can we eat it?" ;D