PDA

View Full Version : Changeling, ideas where to change?

MarkVIIIMarc
2022-03-31, 08:48 AM
Another thread pointed me in the correct direction on how my changeling character will change clothing quickly. Now I need an idea on where or where not. What has worked well for you?

For example, so far in my campaign my character has changed once. We mentioned if anyone paying attention noticed a Dwarf went into a public outhouse which had seen no traffic for a few minutes. Then a few moments later a human man came out complaining about how civilized people in Faerun knock. Then anyone looking outside noticed the outhouse line was growing longer until much to everyone in line's bemusement someone finally knocked and opened the door to only find it was empty.

I'm up for any other suggestions or general practices.

Mostlymad
2022-03-31, 09:00 AM
You need to invest in some Shiftweave clothing (common wonderous item from Eberron's). 5 outfits in one and can change with a mere bonus action. Then you can change whenever you break eyeline with whomever you are trying to hide from in a single round. I would look into possibly getting Silent Image so you could always have a screen to change behind. If you have access to the Eldritch Invocation to cast it at will... even better.

Griswold
2022-03-31, 09:03 AM
Do you have the minor illusion spell? Just change behind that convenient curtain, behind that wall which used to have an alley behind it.