PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed List of All Intelligent Magic Items?

unseenmage
2022-04-01, 07:26 AM
Is there an existing list of all intelligent magic items including ones from the WotC archives and Dungeon magazines and Dragon magazines?

Khedrac
2022-04-01, 08:57 AM
Short answer is "no" because accoring to the DMG any magic item could be intelligent.

One of my parties once got away with a real steal - they went shoping for and bought a belt of healing, but what the vendor did not know was that it was intelligent and could cast cure serious wounds three times per day.

unseenmage
2022-04-01, 12:45 PM
Short answer is "no" because accoring to the DMG any magic item could be intelligent.

My apologies is I misspoke, I meant all of the pre printed existing Intelligent Magic Items and not every possible one.

Thurbane
2022-04-04, 04:48 AM
None that I'm aware of...and compiling it would be a pretty huge task, TBH.

unseenmage
2022-04-04, 10:49 AM
None that I'm aware of...and compiling it would be a pretty huge task, TBH.

Which is why I was hoping someone else already had. :(

Was hoping to put together a thread for assigning Int Magic Items CRs as though they were creatures and/or traps.

That and having all of the printed examples in one place could help with advice about them in future.

Morof Stonehands
2022-04-04, 03:41 PM
While I don’t have a list of only intelligent items, I did make a treasure generator that has just about every item in it. If I’m not mistaken, many of the intelligent items have unique names. You might have luck looking through and finding those unique sounding names and checking if they’re intelligent or not.