PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed DnD 3.5 : Can a male drow became a demigod without being killed by Lolth?

MasterSensei
2022-04-02, 11:06 AM
Senior, i'm here to ask you if it's possibile for Male, noble, pure blood, Half-Fiend (obtained it from Lolth) Drow to became a Demigod, so Not a deity but something less powerfull still near THE PERFECTION (alias Lolth).

As i know that male drow usually can't be in high position, my pg as gained the favor of Lolth and can go as he please from the Demon web (thanks to the fact that he saved Lolth from Kiaransalee's plan from the story of the City of the Spider Queen); i know too that some males drows gods exist...

So, here i am to ask "Can a Male Drow became demigod without incurr in Lolth's wrath.

daremetoidareyo
2022-04-02, 11:47 AM
Make him a eunuch?
Or
Make him be pretending not to be male?
Or
Make him receive lolths wrath. She’s CE, she’s basically an industrial wrath generator

Jervis
2022-04-02, 11:59 AM
Make him a eunuch?
Or
Make him be pretending not to be male?
Or
Make him receive lolths wrath. She’s CE, she’s basically an industrial wrath generator

I’m picturing a divine equivalent of that story where Astolpho (real world semi-mythical one not Fate) would dress like a woman, seduce guys, and reveal he was a man last second to mess with people. I doubt that would work on a god unless you had something like +100 deception and disguise but like you said, industrial wrath generator.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-04-02, 12:29 PM
Oh, he'd almost certainly invoke her wrath if he became a demigod. However, she's not the only deity out there. Having a strong deity (or deity-like being) as a patron, even if it's not another one from the drow pantheon (as etiolated as it is), would be a good way to deflect anything from her directly, although he'd still have to deal with any minions she threw at him, including any and all drow who serve her.

Also, just being a really strong spellcaster could allow one to rebuff her attacks directly, whether she likes it or not. It's possible for a high level wizard to squash most deities like bugs if they optimize hard enough, since most deities are...far from optimized.

Tzardok
2022-04-02, 12:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that Keptolo was a male mortal drow before he ascended to divinity. He survived by becoming Lolth's trophy husband (and that's essentially what he's the god of).

MasterSensei
2022-04-02, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that Keptolo was a male mortal drow before he ascended to divinity. He survived by becoming Lolth's trophy husband (and that's essentially what he's the god of).

My pg should be the newly arrive in her harem...:smallwink:

Oh, he'd almost certainly invoke her wrath if he became a demigod. However, she's not the only deity out there. Having a strong deity (or deity-like being) as a patron, even if it's not another one from the drow pantheon (as etiolated as it is), would be a good way to deflect anything from her directly, although he'd still have to deal with any minions she threw at him, including any and all drow who serve her.

Also, just being a really strong spellcaster could allow one to rebuff her attacks directly, whether she likes it or not. It's possible for a high level wizard to squash most deities like bugs if they optimize hard enough, since most deities are...far from optimized.

My pg is everything exept optimize, a basic pg could easly kill him, and he has demostrate to be a fervent believer of Lolth and Drow's costumes, so he doesn't want to be associate with other dieties

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-04-02, 01:02 PM
My pg is everything exept optimize, a basic pg could easly kill him, and he has demostrate to be a fervent believer of Lolth and Drow's costumes, so he doesn't want to be associate with other dietiesAnyone who willingly follows Lolth kinda deserves what they get. Time to make a new character, one smart enough to not get involved with that...thing.

daremetoidareyo
2022-04-02, 01:13 PM
You also said half fiend. What fiend? Half demogorgon is different than half dretch. The family dynamics could offer diplomatic protection

MasterSensei
2022-04-02, 01:15 PM
You also said half fiend. What fiend? Half demogorgon is different than half dretch. The family dynamics could offer diplomatic protection

Saving Lolth gave me her "blessing" which was being resurrected with the template of Half-fiend (with all the good things like my soul it's in the demon web and i can use plane shift 1 time each hours to travel between demon web and the material plane).

daremetoidareyo
2022-04-02, 01:30 PM
She’s his mom now

Mechalich
2022-04-02, 01:48 PM
As i know that male drow usually can't be in high position, my pg as gained the favor of Lolth and can go as he please from the Demon web (thanks to the fact that he saved Lolth from Kiaransalee's plan from the story of the City of the Spider Queen); i know too that some males drows gods exist...

Since those events are FR specific, that makes this an FR specific question, which is somewhat more complicated given the peculiar nature of acquiring divinity in the FR context. To become a deity in FR means that in addition to the normal requirements you need to lay claim to a divine portfolio - either by taking one from someone who has it already (difficult) or claiming a vacant one (distinctly subject to GM interpretation as to what's not in use) - and you need to have at least some worshippers. Generally the act of divine ascension will involve something sufficiently awesome to make sure of this, but with drow it's a little more complicated since their society is rather rigid religiously and mass conversion to a new deity is not an option.

The character being a half-fiend, by the grace of Lolth, is an additional complication, since Lolth's hooks into their soul essentially give her veto power over any potential divine ascension by allowing her to circumvent the process by claiming said soul. That means the only way the character is becoming a deity is if Lolth desires a new member of the Dark Seldarine. This might be the case, Lolth being chaotic and inscrutable, especially if you're running a modified version of the War of the Spider Queen storyline and the Dark Seldarine is in flux. For instance, if Selvetarm perished for some reason Lolth might consider a suitably devoted minion to replace him as her champion. Or, if your character is a wizard, she might be willing to consider a divine minion with the ability to serve as a Drow deity of magic, as Lolth as evidenced significant interest in this zone previously. There would, of course, be significant resistance to the emergence of any Drow deity of magic by Mystra, Azuth, and Shar, so good luck with that.

This is a point of lore division. Keptolo exists in the greater D&D multiverse, but apparently does not exist in the Realms. Whether this is meaningful depends on whether or not the game is running the Realms-specific planar cosmology developed for 3e or the more traditional Great Wheel cosmology of general D&D.

Jervis
2022-04-02, 02:13 PM
She’s his mom now

She’s his domme now. There I fixed that for you