PDA

View Full Version : Libris Mortis Undead Armors

Learn34
2022-04-03, 06:19 PM
I have a bit of a conundrum. I really like these armors thematically, especially as they engage with EtCR (which I'm presently running for a group). However, I cannot figure out a way to make the armors viable, at least to my mind. As-written, they are all insanely overpriced for their effects, but even taking a crack at homebrewing new versions I can't figure out a way to make them worth their cost in comparison to the WBL chart. By the time one can afford multiple continuous Resist Energy & Iron Body effects, their relative value has decayed into near nothing
E.g.
Vampire Leather
Price(Item Level): 124,000gp (22nd)
Body Slot: Body
Caster Level: ?
Aura: ?Pwr? Necromancy
Activation: -
Weight: 25lb
Benefits: +6Natural Armor, DR10/Silver&Magic, Cold Resist 10, Electricity Resist 10, Counts as Light armor, MDB=4, ACP=-2, ASF=15%.

Am I out of line thinking this is just as bad for the price as the original Vampire Hide armor? By the time one could reasonably afford this armor, the defenses are so small as to be worthless.

Pricing guides:

Special Materials: Elven Darkleaf (A&EG), Mithral (SRD), Dragoncraft (Draco)
Spells (w/ magic item pricing rules (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm)): Resist Energy, Iron Body

YellowJohn
2022-04-04, 10:24 PM
Enough people agreed with you that these items had their price slashed in the Magic Item Compendium, so that helps.