PDA

View Full Version : Spheres battle mechanic ruling nightmare (for me anyways)

18colemant
2022-04-06, 03:28 AM
So bit of a weird ruling question here but I'm curious of the interaction between the Armiger Battlefield Tinker archetype and the Armorist Inventioneer with the Customized Bond feat, specifically on whether or not it;
A) Would i have to have three bound equipment slots to turn a bound weapon into an Improbable Weapon or just one?
B) and if only one slot would only the base weapon get the enchantment bonus or would all three?
Honestly I've been at an impasse on which archetype to solely focus on then I remember that this feat existed and technically all the features are still legal but the interaction between them confused me to no end.

Kitsuneymg
2022-04-06, 06:17 AM
They count as three separate weapons, so you could bind one “mode” no problem.

Only the bound mode would get the armorist bonuses. As they count as different weapons. But at 5th level armiger, all your weapons get the highest enhancement bonus of any weapon in the blob. So at that point they’d share enhancement bonus (if highest) only.

The only thing improbably weapons do is let you already be wielding your monstrosity, and thus have a ready shield/ranged weapon/whatever, plus activate your class abilities. Notable share enhancement.

But you don’t get to bind weapons as an inventioneer. So the point is entirely moot for you. You can’t bind an improbably weapon as an invention. It merely counts as one for rebuilding it.

So on the armorist/battlefield tinker: yes you can bind one mode of your improbably weapon, and no they don’t all get the bonuses until armiger 5. In your case, no you can’t bind any modes because you cannot bind weapons, and no none of your improbable weapons get any benefit from your bound inventions class ability. They only get to count am half your armorist levels as armiger levels for the purposes of the armiger’s self-scaling enhancement increase.

Edit: armorist is usually better than armiger. Spells > martial talents.

18colemant
2022-04-06, 07:22 AM
I didn't even think to consider the Improbable weapon as its own thing not regular piece of equipment or weapon that could become an invention, But yeah looks like I'll be going Inventioneer with it.