PDA

View Full Version : Follow up to: A player ate a slaad tadpole. What now?

Nerdguy88
2022-04-06, 07:37 AM
This is a brief follow up to this post. Since then we have played a few games. At this point all that has happened is the player is incredibly hungry all the time, sometimes has indigestion, and now has a random breath weapon. There are 10 dragonborn species listed in the PHB so each time she uses her breath weapon I roll a d10 behind the screen, refer to the chart, and let her know what comes out instead of her normal fire breath. It has been enjoyed by the entire table.

In one encounter she went to use her breath down a hallway thinking she would only hit a few goblins rushing at them with her 15 ft cone firebreath. Instead a 30 ft lighting line shot out killing a LOT of the goblins. I still plan on going further with this because even though I don't talk about it much I am still asked regularly about it and what is coming of it! Thanks to everyone that suggested something in the previous thread.

Original Post: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?642979-A-player-ate-a-slaad-tadpole-What-now

Xervous
2022-04-06, 07:53 AM
I sense potential hijinks with a shambling mound in the future

Aalbatr0ss
2022-04-06, 12:27 PM
Glad it’s led to something fun!

JLandan
2022-04-06, 01:33 PM
Good solution!

animorte
2022-04-06, 06:29 PM
I really like that way of handling it. Perhaps once/day incorporating some additional Slaadi attributes. Better yet, beware the swallower that Slaadi are often known to reproduce by implanting humanoid hosts with eggs. If the tadpole is still alive... who knows what could be happening over time?

Kane0
2022-04-07, 03:59 AM
Happy to hear it going well!