PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Pathfinder 1e: Cleric Build Assistance

metalith
2022-04-06, 08:11 AM
I need some build advice. I created this character to replace one I lost early on. Never played a Cleric in pathfinder before.

The characters in this game are all morally questionable and may end up sliding into evil alignments but we are not starting off that way. Our GM uses a 4D6 stat roll no drop and I got REALLY lucky. NPCs are buffed to account for our good stats. Current build

Human Lv 5
Ecclesitheurge Cleric of Yog-Sothoth
True Neutral

Str 18
Dex 23
Con 22
Int 20
Wis 24+2+1=27
Cha 20
Domain: Void (Dark Tapestry) & Travel

Most of the players in the group have limited D&D experience and while I've played 3.5 & 5e have limited PF experience.

The GM is giving us a time jump and Lvl boost to lvl 10 for the next part of the story. He is also allowing characters to rebuild since many of us made choices for things that have no come up in game or developed away from.

So I'm looking to do the same. I was focused on being a summoner cleric but so far been more of buff and heal bot. Since our Barbarian, (Ninja turning pure Rogue) and Magus have been solid in combat, though not the best with tactics. So normally take a fair bit of damage, which I do my best to mitigate to keep the party going. All my Feats have been focused on Summoning.

Looking to make a change when game picks back up after the time jump and want to be more aggressive in combat. So looking for suggestions. Most things are open to being changed except being a Cleric of Yog-Sothoth.

Due to the in game consequences of our last session, had to seal and destroy a dangerous and damaged divine relic that was releasing its energy. I pulled a Spock, grabbed the item and was able to reseal it. Unfortunately, I got exposed to the divine energy of the item. I rolled really lucky saves and survived but gained the Mutant Template. Link below for the template.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/mutant-cr-1/

Kurald Galain
2022-04-06, 08:23 AM
An important distinction between 3E clerics and PF clerics is that in PF, in-combat healing works. So spend one feat on Selective Channel so you can use a standard action to heal the entire party. This works even better if you don't take Ecclesitheurge (which frankly isn't great). There's a few items that boost channel, too. Don't bother channeling to damage, that's not a great option.

Your domains are solid. Summoning is good but you don't need to focus all your feats on that; the ones to take are basically SF(Conjuration), Augment Summoning, Sacred Summon, and maybe Superior Summoning. Oh, and do take Quicken Spell somewhere around level 10.

Mutant is weird, but it has some excellent benefits like DR 5/-, immune to mind-affecting, or dimension door 3/d.

Finally, wield a reach weapon. Not for spending your actions on, but if any enemy comes close, use the opportunity attack to trip him. Even with zero investment, that's a good strategy.

Other than that it's all about spell selection. HTH.

metalith
2022-04-06, 08:46 AM
Are there any good archetypes in PF. I took it since I remember in 3.5 I could have a no or light armor cleric with great AC even at low levels but not so much in PF. I liked the idea of a no armored cleric following an elder god. But pf is so not the same as 3.5.

Kurald Galain
2022-04-06, 08:54 AM
Are there any good archetypes in PF.

Sure. Divine strategist, Herald caller, Evangelist, Devout pilgrim. Prossibly others.

metalith
2022-04-06, 02:07 PM
Any particular archetype you thinks jives with what you recommended or just be a standard cleric?