PDA

View Full Version : Your alignment

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-25, 03:04 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while, and I'm not actually sure if this is the right place(though I'm pretty sure it is), but what do you all suppose your alignment is?

I was inspired to ask when I was looking back at this pictures that I made, and the person standing next to me as depicted in the picture colored.

Extreme Alignments colored (http://nny2.deviantart.com/art/Extreme-Alignments-Colored-69354090)
(I'm not doing this to showcase my art, I'm just using it as a visual example of what I suppose my own alignment is. *demonic smirk*)

Ceska
2007-11-25, 03:09 AM
Chaotic neutral I guess. Though I am reasoned once in a while.

Nice picture.

Em Blackleaf
2007-11-25, 03:16 AM
I'm... Lawful Neutral. I can be evil, I can be good. And I stay within the law.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-11-25, 03:19 AM
Chaotic neutral, I realized I changed from Chaotic evil to chaotic neutral some time ago....

I dont really care for the law, but I follow it if its good for me.
And my standing...............I'm just to chaotic!

*rips one of magtoks robot head off and starts singing an operah using the head as microfone*

Raiser Blade
2007-11-25, 03:21 AM
Chaotic neutral. One minute i'm burninating old ladies and the next i'm helping peasants across the street.

Castaras
2007-11-25, 03:29 AM
True Neutral.

I can be lawful when I need to be, but I'm also chaotic at times.

Before I thought I might have tendencies to evil, but I think I have tendencies to good instead...<.< >.>

When I did the Wizards alignment test, I got Neutral.

SDF
2007-11-25, 03:31 AM
Neutral Good I suppose. Though, it is all highly subjective.

MisterSaturnine
2007-11-25, 03:34 AM
Neutral Good with Chaotic tendencies, according to online quizzes and personal opinion.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-25, 03:35 AM
I've taken 3 alignment tests which have claimed that I am Lawful Neutral, Neural Good and Chaotic Neutral. A test I took several years ago claimed that I'm Lawful Good, but I'd say I'm probably Neutral Good with Chaotic tendancies.

Icewalker
2007-11-25, 03:37 AM
Hmmm...

I'd say neutral, with lawful tendencies. For the second part, I'm not sure whether I'm good or neutral...

I personally believe that one can rationalize anything, because that is sort of the definition of rationalization. If you think hard about how everything works, then really laws don't enter into it, short of trying to force morals on people. So, regardless of anything else, think about the effects of an action on yourself and others instead of any accepted norms of society like whether doing something is good or bad. If it is considered bad, but good for all, then what reason does one have to not do it?

In fact, I'm not even sure where that would fit into on the alignment chart. Maybe Neutral Good. Of course, the idea of pure logic in everything seems lawful to me. My considerations in the world is not solely personal, I feel like I should help others. I suppose I'm rational good :smallbiggrin:

Ichneumon
2007-11-25, 03:41 AM
I am really Lawful-Neutral with Lawful Good tendencies.

Gaelbert
2007-11-25, 03:52 AM
I believe I am neutral good that leans towards chaotic.

Teron
2007-11-25, 03:54 AM
Lawful Neutral. Trying to be LG, but pretty sure I'm not there yet.

Ceska
2007-11-25, 03:57 AM
Seems nobody wants to be evil. And then Rex or D'anna come around and crush my theory.

Ah, I've taken that Wizards test some time before. Was between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Evil with Chaotic Neutral two times out of four.

I suppose I'm rational good :smallbiggrin:
I don't know, I don't want to hurt you or anything, but I don't think human thought is ever rational. Logic belongs to the realms of mathematics, not into the real world.

Dhavaer
2007-11-25, 04:11 AM
Neutral. I'd be Neutral Good but for laziness and apathy.

Edit: There are those who would say Chaotic Evil, though.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-25, 04:21 AM
I'm Lawful Neutral, or even Lawful Good. I live by a very strict code (a self-imposed one, no religious mumbo-jumbo for me) and I've never ever failed to uphold it.

Why Neutral then, you ask, and not Good?
Well, I've pretty much come to terms with some of my evils. I just go "meh, whatever" and go ahead doing whatever it is I'm doing wrong. When it comes to people though, I stand up for the weak ones. Just last night, I tried to stop a streetfight. Turned out those guys didn't want to be helped...

Spiryt
2007-11-25, 05:11 AM
I liked to think about myself as Chaotic Neutral, but I think I'm more (True)
Neutral. 3/3 of this internet quizes told me that True Neutral, so maybe there is some truth in this.

Grenadier
2007-11-25, 05:28 AM
Do I still get to vote, even though I'm in the alignments picture?

I am lawful evil. I giggle when puppies are kicked and babies trip. I don't mind rules except for the ones that get in my way, in which case any loopholes or technicalities are to be exploited. I believe that if you want something done, you've got to manipulate someone else to do it. And creative methods of torture are just really really cool.

The end. :D

Xefas
2007-11-25, 05:34 AM
True Neutral? If only for being so lazy that I've never performed any actions to change my alignment.

Though, perhaps I am Chaotic Evil...I mean, I *do* step on the grass, which is a living thing, for no other reason than because its faster than going around. My body also senselessly massacres viral agents that infiltrate my body, causing mass suffering on a microscopic level for the sole purpose of benefiting me, personally. I'm also *aging*, which is decidedly self-destructive. Maybe I need the "Willing Deformity" Vile Feat for that?

SMEE
2007-11-25, 05:44 AM
I'm going through a alignment identity crisis right now.
I always saw myself as true neutral with evil tendencies, but it seems that I'm trully neutral good, given some recent events... :smallconfused:

So I have no idea what my alignment is... :smalleek:

Grim Greyscale
2007-11-25, 05:50 AM
Bah. I'm more or less True Neutral with tendencies towards everything. Depending on what I feel like at the time. Or, rather, don't.

Winterwind
2007-11-25, 06:03 AM
Every single alignment test I've taken (about three by now) said I was Lawful Good. I feel flattered by the Good part (I hope I am worthy to be considered that, though I don't know of anything I have done that would warrant this), and as for the Lawful part, I think Neutral with lawful tendencies might be a better fit.

Tengu
2007-11-25, 06:09 AM
If you think that intents matter more than actions when it comes to describing alignment, then I'm neutral good with strong chaotic good tendencies. Or chaotic good with strong neutral good tendencies.

If you think that actions matter more than intents when it comes to describing alignment...
http://www.theinterpretersfriend.com/misc/humr/laugh.gif

Balathustrius
2007-11-25, 06:13 AM
I seem to always get NG on the tests, so I guess that's the one.

The Orange Zergling
2007-11-25, 06:13 AM
Every test I've ever taken says I'm True Neutral.

It's probably true.

DarkLightDragon
2007-11-25, 06:27 AM
I'm Chaotic Good. Lots of fun.

Manticorkscrew
2007-11-25, 06:29 AM
I'm probably just Neutral. I mean, I'm a law-abiding citizen, and I admire good people and good works, but I don't really do much to push myself up into the ranks of good. And I've done some bad things, some hurtful, spiteful things, but I don't think I've done anything so unforgivable as to make me truly evil. And I can be messy, impulsive, incautious and disorganized, but I don't think I'm really very Chaotic. Especially since, depending on the situation and my mood, I can be the complete opposite of all those things.

Or maybe I'm just a mess. :smalleek:

Sir_Norbert
2007-11-25, 06:32 AM
I'm going through a alignment identity crisis right now.
I always saw myself as true neutral with evil tendencies, but it seems that I'm trully neutral good, given some recent events... :smallconfused:
*hugs* Don't worry about it; being good is nothing to be ashamed of!

I'm pretty solid Neutral Good, where by the Good part of that I mean I care about doing the right thing. Whether I would always have the courage to do it is another matter....

I'm da Rogue!
2007-11-25, 07:24 AM
Not lawful and not so evil.

Chaotic Neutral mostly, tending to Good.

edit: Nice picture, btw

Delaney Gale
2007-11-25, 07:28 AM
I used to walk the line between Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Evil, but I think recent life events have brought me from to a firm Chaotic Neutral leaning Chaotic Good. I feel a need to be honorable and less need to be vindictive, with more need to aid those in need, but I still dislike rules and like dependency even less than before.

Lolzords
2007-11-25, 07:52 AM
Nice pic, my friends and I discuss this al lthe time. I'm chaotic good with neutral tendancies.

BlackStaticWolf
2007-11-25, 08:03 AM
I'm lawful neutral. All I really care about is upholding and enforcing the law, whatever it happens to be. By and large, I support whatever society as a whole decides the law should be.

I also have some evil tendencies in my personal life. For example, I believe in revenge.

Kaelaroth
2007-11-25, 08:06 AM
Probably Neutral Evil. I enjoy watching the pain and misfortune of others, although I stay within the law most of the time. I do occasionally perform truly heavenly acts, but my darkness overweighs my light.

Baboon Army
2007-11-25, 08:12 AM
I guess I'm Lawful Neutral, maybe a little good.

Mordokai
2007-11-25, 08:30 AM
I consider myself Neutral Good, with slight True Neutral tendecies. I try to help people as often as possible, follow the self appointed code of conduct, but will brake the rules in a second if I consider them to be stupid. I will try to never hurt anybody, to the point of being hurt myself. Unless insults and barb also lend to that. If that is so, I'm pretty clear case of Neutral Evil. Luckily, I don't think that is the cause.

Dorizzit
2007-11-25, 08:35 AM
I'd say I'm Chaotic Good. I ignore rules when they seem stupid, and I try to help people when I can. (of course, if I actively don't like someone....complete alignment reverse. I become a scheming, sadistic being capable of the most horrible terrors. Like a lawyer, only worse.)

wadledo
2007-11-25, 08:44 AM
On the forums I try to be Chaotic Evil as much as possible, and IRL I attempt to be Lawful Good, but end up Chaotic Good.
Buddhism for teh win!:smallwink:

loopy
2007-11-25, 09:31 AM
Definately not Good, I'm selfish, and nowhere near altruistic enough. I also manipulate people and lie for no reason at all, which leads me to believe I'm an undiagnosed sociopath :smallfrown: .

Oh, and I'm a youth leader. Bet the fact that I'm considered 'one of the good kids' makes all you parents feel safe. *sigh* No, I'm not really that bad, just trying to survive.

Overall I'd say Neutral with leanings chaotic and evil.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-25, 09:32 AM
Lawful Neutral

bugsysservant
2007-11-25, 09:52 AM
I'm lawful neutral, though lawful involves following an internal moral code which isn't generally accepted as standard. I also have strong evil tendencies according to tests, I get "neutral" only slightly more than evil, but I don't consider myself evil.

The Bushranger
2007-11-25, 09:54 AM
Hm. I'd have to say that IRL I'm True Neutral.

Dragonstar
2007-11-25, 10:03 AM
I'd have to say I'm Neutral Good with Lawful tendencies - but only when the law works. Otherwise I make the immediate jump to Chaotic.

Redpieper
2007-11-25, 10:12 AM
Chaotic Neutral at best I suppose, not that it's a bad thing :smallamused:

de-trick
2007-11-25, 10:15 AM
I'm true Neutral

Setra
2007-11-25, 10:17 AM
Lawful Neutral, possibly Lawful Evil.

Edit:
Actually thinking about it.. hmm

Well I never lie about something important, though I am certainly sarcastic and might lie for kicks 'Goatse isn't anything bad'. However something I do a lot, is instead of lying I just withhold certain falsehoods, or tell half truths.

"I like goatse".. what I don't say is because it makes me laugh to hear people's reaction to it.

I like to play tricks on people, but never during anything important. I am very serious when need be, but I can be laid back otherwise.

On the other hand, while my thoughts are very ordered, I am also insane, as in.. I actually have psychotic episodes on occasion, thus far I can do a good job of controlling them, and never show when I am having one in public, but the fact is I still have them.

I also consider evil acts on a daily basis, especially murder of people I dislike, sometimes during my psychotic episodes I think about murdering people I DO like, but the thought never comes across as serious. I don't know if I could ever kill someone in cold blood, but I know for a fact I could kill someone, if only because I pulled a knife on my brother before.

Of course I try very hard to control my temper.. of which saying explosive would be an understatement, perhaps volcanic.

Again, on the other hand, I do often give to charity, I volunteer on occasion, and I know I would be willing to die for my friends, I hold their lives above my own. Also, I try never to break a promise I make.

So .... I dunno. What do you all think?

Ceska
2007-11-25, 10:50 AM
There's far too many lawful people here for my health.

Definately not Good, I'm selfish, and nowhere near altruistic enough. I also manipulate people and lie for no reason at all, which leads me to believe I'm an undiagnosed sociopath :smallfrown: .
No reason as in it doesn't even profit you? :smalleek: At least get something out of it, and if it's only for kicks.

To be fair, I did that, but either people don't realise, or they don't care because they pity me. I'm to apathetic which one it is though.

Sgilti
2007-11-25, 10:54 AM
I've tended to see myself as Lawful Good. For me, I have never had a problem with following rules and laws. Maybe that's just apathy, but I don't care if people find a law unfair, it's the law. Yet, I always try to do what's right, even if I'm hurt in the process, so that puts me in the "good" category.

I took the WotC quiz for a character of mine and it said he was Chaotic Neutral. This character is supposed to be an alter-ego of mine and well... let's just say that had the questions been tailored toward him, he might have ended up in the evil range of the spectrum. But his personality is so complex it's hard to fit into a tiny quiz like that.

Sylian
2007-11-25, 11:05 AM
I believe that I'm Lawful Good. Lawful, well, I'm honorable, trustworthy, loyal, won't lie, won't cheat, will uphold my word, follow the law unless I feel it doesn't benefit anyone and breaking it would be advantage to me and a loss for no-one, like crossing the street when there's no cars in sight. Not 100% sure that that is a law, though.

Good because I don't really do anything evil, I'm against violence, even against animals and insects (although I occassionally kill mosquitos, but other than them, I should be okay). I try to avoid doing things that hurt other people, and I might help them if they need it. I don't gossip, lie, steal, use violence etc. I also don't hate anything as far as I know, and all of you know where hate leads, eh?

Well, so I hope that I'd turn up Lawful Good. I'm not Chaotic nor evil, at least, so I might turn up LG, NG, LN or perhaps even N. I'm not an angel or anything, so it's really hard to say. LG is what I strive to be, although I guess NG would be alright too.

Studoku
2007-11-25, 11:19 AM
I think I'm Lawful neutral with good tendancies. Not the obey the law lawful but the logical lawful.

EmeraldRose
2007-11-25, 11:20 AM
Chaotic.

Oh, we have to choose the rest too? Fine.

Lawful good, with chaotic tendencies.

Here's a good alignment quiz (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b), just answer it as yourself and not your characters...

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-25, 11:21 AM
I'm Chaotic Evil and willing to admit it. :smallamused:

Haruki-kun
2007-11-25, 11:23 AM
I think I'm Chaotic Good. But I do tend towards Neutral Good sometimes.

The Bushranger
2007-11-25, 11:27 AM
Here's a good alignment quiz (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b), just answer it as yourself and not your characters...

Interesting...it says I'm Neutral Good.

EmeraldRose
2007-11-25, 11:32 AM
Interesting...it says I'm Neutral Good.

Yeah, I got Lawful good...and Neutral for my characters I've always played as chaotic good...:smallconfused:

Sylian
2007-11-25, 11:33 AM
http://www.pa.msu.edu/~aaronson/alitest/aintro.html

The best alignment test IMO, and also the only one that truly works in our modern world. Enyoy!

Setra
2007-11-25, 11:35 AM
I highly doubt I'm Lawful Good.

Some of those questions I can't answer properly.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-11-25, 11:35 AM
I'm lawful neutral. I just happen to believe Do What Thou Wilt is the extent of the law.

EmeraldRose
2007-11-25, 11:49 AM

The best alignment test IMO, and also the only one that truly works in our modern world. Enyoy!

This one gave me neutral good. Ah, who knows...:smalltongue:

blackfox
2007-11-25, 11:54 AM
I'm chaotic good with tendancies towards either neutral good or chaotic neutral depending on what kind of a mood I'm in. Both tests gave me NG now but I've gotten CG and CN on the first one before.

Hazkali
2007-11-25, 11:56 AM
According to The Test and answering as myself, I get Lawful Neutral, which I'm happy with. I know I don't fulfil all the tenets of D+D "goodness", although I'd still say I'm a moral person IRL.

Setra
2007-11-25, 11:58 AM
This one gave me neutral good. Ah, who knows...:smalltongue:
It gave me neutral good too..

You are 33.3% Good.
You are 0% Lawful.
Alignment: Neutral Good

I refuse to believe I am good though.

Sylian
2007-11-25, 11:58 AM
"You are 25% Good.
You are 51.3% Lawful.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral"

Ah well, close to Good at least. Guess I gotta work on my alignment a little bit more then. Although I do believe that the same test has given me LG before, heh. It's just a test.

Ceska
2007-11-25, 12:08 PM
Chaotic Evil.

Neutral Good. (25% Chaotic, 57% Good)

Confused.

SMEE
2007-11-25, 12:13 PM
Both gave me neutral good.. :smallconfused:

I wasn't expecting that...

Falconer
2007-11-25, 12:32 PM
According to "The Test", I am Neutral Good, with a good dash of Chaotic thrown in. I wasn't expecting Neutral Good, but i'm happy with it.

Sweet.:smallsmile:

In my personal opinion, I'm probably Chaotic neutral, because I can definitely be an evil b***ard at times, when I try. :smallamused:

ZombieRockStar
2007-11-25, 12:55 PM
According to the tests, I'm solidly Neutral Good.

<insert standard disclaimer about how the objective morality of D&D does not work in the real world>

Castaras
2007-11-25, 12:58 PM

True Neutral, as I expected. :smallsmile:

On that one I've got True Neutral mostly, although once I got Chaotic Neutral.

wadledo
2007-11-25, 01:00 PM
You are 77.8% Good.
You are 20.5% Lawful.

Examples of characters and people who fit into the same alignment as you include Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Gandalf, Indiana Jones, O-Bi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Harry Potter, Frodo Baggins, and the Dalai Lama.
The Dalai Lama's not NG, he's LG.:smallconfused:

Edit: Actualy he might be LN, now that I think about it.

zeratul
2007-11-25, 01:03 PM
I'm true neutral according to the quizes I took, and my opinion, I'd say with good tendancies.

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-25, 01:04 PM
Well, I took one and got Neutral Good, and another said 47.2% Good,
30.8% Lawful, so, Lawful Good. Sweet.

My personal opinion is True Neutral, with Lawful, Chaotic, Evil, and Good tendencies.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-11-25, 01:06 PM
According to one test, I'm lawful good. Another says I'm neurtal good.

Personally, I like my original claim to being lawful chaotic; it takes discipline to be this messed up. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-11-25, 01:28 PM
I have taken around 6 alignment tests, they all came back with different results, yet none said : .... good...

Just proof that I'm chaotic....Yet what side of Chaotic I am I dont know...

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-11-25, 01:40 PM
I'd like to think I'm neutral good, and thats what I always score on the D&D tests at any rate.

And seriously, quit with everyone being chaotic evil. You would be in prison if you were truly such, so just stop it.

Dragonrider
2007-11-25, 01:44 PM
I think every test I've ever taken has pinned me at neutral good. :smallbiggrin:

bosssmiley
2007-11-25, 01:50 PM
Lawful Good by every D&D alignment test I've taken.
Lawful Neutral IRL.

Eggy is teh beige.

BelkarIsAGod
2007-11-25, 01:52 PM
I can be anything, depending on which of my personalities is active at the time. One moment it's BURN ORPHANS BURN and the next I'm teaching old ladies to tie knots and helping boy scouts cross the street.

Wait...

On the whole, I'm CN with CG tendancies.

Dave Rapp
2007-11-25, 02:04 PM
Well let's see. I do bad things when the benefit me, knowing full well that they're bad, and don't feel guilty about it later.

Chaotic Evil.

And the WotC test agrees with me.

The other one, however, gave me True Neutral... I'm not Neutral, I'm Apathetic!

I'd like to think I'm neutral good, and thats what I always score on the D&D tests at any rate.

And seriously, quit with everyone being chaotic evil. You would be in prison if you were truly such, so just stop it.

It's not your actions that define who are you inside, but who you are inside that defines your actions. I'm also a coward inside, which is why I don't steal cars and kill my enemies, which is why I'm not in jail. But that sure as hell doesn't make me a good guy. :amused:

Mr.Moron
2007-11-25, 02:10 PM
By how I measure alignment, I'm Neutral. I have more Lawful Traits than Chaotic Traits, but it's still fairly balanced. I lack the commitment to live up to my ideals which fall very heavily on the "Good" side.

Wolfman42666
2007-11-25, 02:11 PM
I know myself, I'm chaotic good,
I can't help it! It just happens:smalleek:

Mordokai
2007-11-25, 02:42 PM
You are 55.6% Good.
You are 7.7% Lawful.

Got NG on other test too.

jmaccabeus
2007-11-25, 03:00 PM
Lawful Good for both tests. Specifically, on the second one:
69.4% Good.
61.5% Lawful.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-25, 03:03 PM
One gave me Lawful Neutral, and the other Lawful Good. :smallconfused:
You are 44.4% Good.
You are 41% Lawful.

Meh.

Smeik
2007-11-25, 03:33 PM
The wizard test gave me Chaotic Good...

And the other True neutral, which seems to fit better (although with good and chaotic tendencies)

Oh, and i had to laugh as i read:

Examples of characters and people who fit into the same alignment as you include Linus Torvalds, Dr. Strangelove, Scott Evil, Mr. Spock, and the nation of Switzerland.

I'm like the whole nation of switzerland. I feel big now. :smallbiggrin:

Ceska
2007-11-25, 03:35 PM
I'm like the whole nation of switzerland. I feel big now. :smallbiggrin:
I wonder why they didn't put in Belgium with that. Probably because neutrality doesn't work when your neighbours don't want it to.

hyperfreak497
2007-11-25, 04:01 PM
<= or V (Avatars)

Chaotic Neutral. Bipolar disorder with ADHD does that to you.

slight strider
2007-11-25, 04:13 PM
I would say I'm chaotic good, with a few lawful good tendencies.

Kamakazee_Gnome
2007-11-25, 04:28 PM
One test gives me Lawful Good, the other gave me Neutral Good. I try to be Lawful Good, though. I guess this puts me in the same vague category as Roy: Lawful-ish Good

Green and Red
2007-11-25, 05:37 PM
Hmm, this is difficult... tests gave me different results, my personality seems to change according to the situation, i guess i sum up as true neutral, given that im not really fixed. I know for sure im not chaotic evil, but most others come up somewhat from time to time, though nearly never to any extreme, thinking about it i propably dont strife to the extremes , at least not for long.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-25, 06:59 PM
The alignment tests always give me Lawful Good. Always. I agree with them, but I'm much more lawful than I am good. I gladly follow rules, even stupid ones, and bother people who don't follow the rules.

Any chaotic tendencies I have stem from ADHD and a belief that I should rebel against rebelliousness. I strongly oppose the excessive nonjudgmentalism and casualness that most people seem to enjoy.

Any evil tendencies I have stem from my deep and abiding love of violence. I try to be more loving and pacifistic, but I can never shake the feeling that many problems with the world could be solved by just killing the right people. Plus, I'm fairly cold and often over-rational about tragedies.

Don Julio Anejo
2007-11-25, 07:11 PM
Chaotic good (although I don't go by alignment tests and the like.. after learning even a tiny bit of psych it'll all seem like BS).

I would probably end up with Chaotic Neutral, I don't care for law OR conventional morality (it's too circumstantial, what's wrong in one case, like stealing, could be OK if it's a matter of feeding your family when there's no other way to do it), although I'm too sentimental to hurt other people.

Chaos Evoker
2007-11-25, 07:20 PM
I've taken a ton of tests and they all sort of come back different. I think based on the descriptions of each alignment and the moral code by which I adhere too, I'm Neutral Good with a stint towards Chaotic Good.

Semidi
2007-11-25, 07:24 PM
I'm true neutral in that I'm apathetic to any extremes. The tests agrees with me.

You are 11.1% Good.
You are 2.6% Chaotic.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-11-25, 07:29 PM
Neutral Evil with lawful tendencies. :smallamused: And believe me, it amuses me to no end that I can honestly admit I'm evil by my own reasoning and almost everyone elses too.

2007-11-25, 07:49 PM
Neutral good.

I am nice to people for the sake of being nice, and always do my best to do what I think is right, no matter what.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-11-25, 08:07 PM
I think of myself as chaotic good, but tests say I'm lawful. I'm sure they're wrong, but they all say the same thing . . . am I the anti-Miko?

SurlySeraph
2007-11-25, 08:30 PM
;3569826']I think of myself as chaotic good, but tests say I'm lawful. I'm sure they're wrong, but they all say the same thing . . . am I the anti-Miko?

You dare contradict the judgment of the sacred tests? Clearly, you hate all law and order and must be destroyed! *slash slash slash!* :smalltongue:

BloodfangTheRed
2007-11-25, 08:58 PM
I'd say that I'm Chaotic Neutral. I like the whole burn and pillage thing, but I have been known to do nice things on occasion.

North
2007-11-25, 09:00 PM
Definitely Chaotic Good. I like to be the good guy with bouts of breaking the rules.

Renegade Paladin
2007-11-25, 09:10 PM
Take a wild guess. :smalltongue:

hyperfreak497
2007-11-25, 09:11 PM
Take a wild guess. :smalltongue:

I'm sensing...Chaotic Evil?

Renegade Paladin
2007-11-25, 09:22 PM
I'm sensing...Chaotic Evil?
*Smite* Guess again. :smallamused:

Tar Palantir
2007-11-25, 09:30 PM
I'm Lawful Evil with neutral evil tendencies, or so all the tests tell me, and I'm inclinded to agree.

ForzaFiori
2007-11-25, 09:36 PM
according to the tests, i'm NG (30.6% Good, 2.6% Chaotic)

however, i personally think i'm alot more chaotic than that. i mean, i do a FEW lawful things (i never break a promise for instance), but i tend to let my conscience govern my actions, instead of the law. I also think i'm less good than that (not really proud of that, but its probably true), but that can slide.

hyperfreak497
2007-11-25, 10:05 PM
*Smite* Guess again. :smallamused:

But if you're a paladin, you can only smite evil. I'm Chaotic Neutral! The world is unraveling before my very eyes...

Micate
2007-11-25, 10:30 PM
Neutral Good.

PlasticSoldier
2007-11-25, 10:58 PM
Depending on how mad I am I fluctuate back and forth between LE-TN-CG.

Ganurath
2007-11-25, 11:49 PM
Neutral Evil on my own, but I tend to bend with the community provided they aren't people I view to be... slow, to put it politely. Exceptions go to intelligent people who come my way looking for trouble, then I go opposite their alignment just to cheese 'em.

Skippy
2007-11-25, 11:57 PM
When we arrive to the matter of the things that really matter in life, when good and bad are really important, I am Lawful Good.

Even if that will be to my own disadvantage.

Holocron Coder
2007-11-26, 12:09 AM
Neutral Good, personally.

Though, it all really depends on what you view as "lawful"

Reasoning:

Neutral: I follow the rules, unless they're just idiotic. Mostly free-willed, but I'll follow if I don't see a reason now to.

Good: Well, I try to do good things :smallsmile: Haven't killed anyone recently :smallbiggrin: (j/k)

thubby
2007-11-26, 01:00 AM
neutral good.
i see the need for laws, rules, and other restrictions (since not everyone plays nice), but am very much against authority and see many rules beyond the basic as cumbersome and unnecessary.

Vuzzmop
2007-11-26, 01:09 AM
;3569826']I think of myself as chaotic good, but tests say I'm lawful. I'm sure they're wrong, but they all say the same thing . . . am I the anti-Miko?

I'm going to be honest with you, most people think they are chaotic, simply because thay think it makes them different. Chaotic translates to "cool" to most people, while lawfulness seems out of touch with an ordinarily inflated view of ones self. I can only really say this because I'm neutral good though. No offense to you, just using your statement as a vehicle for a point.

Nychta
2007-11-26, 01:28 AM
I seem to be Chaotic Evil and Chaotic Neutral from most tests. I'd call myself true neutral with evil tendencies, but the chaotic thing is debatable.

commander43
2007-11-26, 01:45 AM
Tests tend to put me as strongly good and a little bit chaotic. I put myself as a very chaotic Neutral Good, so...

High-Chancellor
2007-11-26, 01:46 AM
Neutral good. Probably would be lawful good, but I tend to be too easy-going/go-with-the-flow for that. Tests all agree with me, neutral good with lawful tendencies.

xanaphia
2007-11-26, 02:06 AM
I think that no-one can accurately judge good/evil.

I am Lawful, permenantly.

V Junior
2007-11-26, 02:21 AM
Not too sure, really. I mean, I know I'm chaotic (I'm a bit of a rebel), but I can't devide on good, evil or neutral.

My Good Points: Always looking to help people, friendly.
My Neutral points: When a fight breaks out, I'm normally the peacemaker. I normally stay on the sidelines, never choosing a side.
My Evil points: I fancy myself as a little evil, and I keep coming up with weird stories about demons and devils and other evil things.

Um... I can't decide... Chaotic Neutral with no tendancies? On second thoughts, Chaotic Good? But I'm an AMENite... Oh, I have no idea!

Querzis
2007-11-26, 02:49 AM
Those test dont work. Why? Because the moral alignement is all about actions in D&D and, since I think I can safely say most of the people here never murdered, raped or saved the life of someone else, we are pretty much all neutral. Seriously, can someone really say hes done anything really good or evil in their life? And no, doing some pranks or insulting some people and helping old people cross the street or loving puppies doesnt make you evil or good.

Seriously guys, we all live in really peacefull countries, nothing meaningfull that would definitly make you good or evil ever happen here. If you wanna be good or evil, go to Africa and try to save poor young orphan and use the wars for your personnal profit.

So I'm probably chaotic neutral. And by the way being chaotic or lawfull got pretty much nothing to do with breaking or following laws and rules.

Iethloc
2007-11-26, 03:12 AM
All the tests I've taken say I'm neutral good. And that last one put me as solidly good, and leaning more closely to lawful than chaotic (still neutral). And that's mostly accurate, if I have any say. But I can get quite evil sometimes.

Not all that long ago, I was at a friend's house watching another friend play a Guitar Hero 3 duel against the AI (against that devil guy). I was constantly miming the motion that would activate a power that would destroy the opposition. I was also quietly chanting "kill him...kill him!"

I scared one of my friends doing that.

The_Chilli_God
2007-11-26, 03:27 AM
I try really hard to be Lawful Neutral. I really do.
Since I always try to be Lawful Neutral, I can't trust myself to take that test - it wouldn't give a fair result.

I guess you're just going to have to take my word for it that I'm more True Neutral (slight bent to good) than anything else.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-26, 03:32 AM
I just took the test which EmeraldRose mentioned, and I got this:
You are 41.7% Good.
You are 12.8% Lawful.

The WotC test said I was Chaotic Neutral.

High-Chancellor
2007-11-26, 04:12 AM
I'm going to call BS on you Querzis, times of peace don't mean squat. Just like Lawful and Chaotic is more about methodic systems than following the laws of one country or another, the Good Evil axis is more about intentions and motivations, than about what you actually do and don't do.

If you dream about stabbing someone in the face every night, and plan for the occurrence, but never quite do the deed (simply because you're still scared of getting caught)... well, you're probably more than half-way to the evil side already.

Not to mention the fact that there ARE murderers and all sorts of people of ill intent out there, who's to say none of them are on these forums? (similarly, who's to say there aren't people equally good?)

Tengu
2007-11-26, 06:01 AM
I agree with High-Chancellor here. Querzis said exactly what I am against - that supposedly actions matter more than intents when it comes to describing alignment.

I agree with Vorpal Tribble too - quit with proudly exclaiming "I'm NE/CE". Being a bit mean or having a black sense of humour does not make you evil. The things that really make you evil (bullying, doing good for you at the expense of others, cruelty - just to name a few) are nothing to be proud about.

The Test told me I'm NG.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-11-26, 06:42 AM
Lawfull evil dwarf barbarian.

lawfull : meh, to lazy to rebell, if it goes my way its fine anyway

evil : SUFFER *chains surly seraph up in dungeons and tortures untill he is saved*

Dwarf : 1 magtok award 2 I really am like a dwarf

barbarian : No wonder one of my names is : HUZZAHA, but I can rage if I want to in rl...

loopy
2007-11-26, 09:44 AM
No reason as in it doesn't even profit you? :smalleek: At least get something out of it, and if it's only for kicks.

To be fair, I did that, but either people don't realise, or they don't care because they pity me. I'm to apathetic which one it is though.

Well, it has given me a lot of short term benefit, helped me make friends with those who would otherwise not give a rat's ass about me, but I'm leveraging my long term success on a bunch of lies. All I get out of it at the end of the day is a deep feeling of self-loathing and a slowly increasing amount of depression.

Fun times for me, eh?

On the upside, manipulating people IS a whole heap of fun.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-11-26, 09:54 AM
My alignment is hard to discern. I'm Neutral, for sure, but it leans more towards good in everyday situations, but if I'm threatened or roused to anger, I seem to slip towards evil, acting cruelly towards those who arise my wrath. Similarly, I have a very distinct code of beliefs and I follow disciplined meditation practices to retain control over myself, but when relaxed, I act spontaneously and seemingly at random, showing little concern for 'rules' unless it would cause me harm to break them.

Fiery Justice
2007-11-26, 10:07 AM
Lawful Semi-Good-Possibly Neutral for the Semi-Win!

loopy
2007-11-26, 10:26 AM
Lawful Semi-Good-Possibly Neutral for the Semi-Win!

Sigged. lol.

Ceska
2007-11-26, 10:27 AM
I'm going to be honest with you, most people think they are chaotic, simply because thay think it makes them different. Chaotic translates to "cool" to most people, while lawfulness seems out of touch with an ordinarily inflated view of ones self.
From the number of choices made here up to my post now, Neutral Good seems to be the real favourite among people.

Lawful Good: 5 or 5,26%
Lawful Neutral: 16 or 16,84%
Lawful Evil: 2 or 2,11%
Neutral Good: 21 or 22,11%
True Neutral: 17 or 17,89%
Neutral Evil: 3 or 3,15%
Chaotic Good: 12 or 12,63%
Chaotic Neutral: 12 or 12,63%
Chaotic Evil: 2 or 2,11%
Not sure or doesn't think in scale: 5 or 5,26%

That's only what people decided themselves, I'll edit in the tested ones later.

someonenonotyou
2007-11-26, 10:37 AM
Lawful-Neutral because i want to do good but not have to do good arg

banjo1985
2007-11-26, 10:47 AM
I'm probably Selfish Lawful Neutral, bordering on Good.

I like helping people, but not at the expense of myself.
I feel outraged at a lot of the wrongs in the world, but I don't do anything about it.
I feel obliged to follow the crowd and to stay within the law with most things, the exception being motorway speed limits.
I never intentionally hurt people, and beat myself up inside if I do so by accident, this is where the good bit comes from.

It's hard to fit yourself with an alignment though, but I think this probably fits me the best.

OverdrivePrime
2007-11-26, 10:53 AM
I'm neutral good with lawful tendencies.

Hmm... according to the test, I'm 80.6% Good and 28.2% Lawful.

Also, it says that I should hang out with Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Luke Skywalker, Gandalf and Ben Kenobi. Also, the Dali Llama. Well, since the rest of them are fictional or dead, I wonder if I could talk the big DL into goin' out drinkin' and clubbin'. :smallamused:

rubakhin
2007-11-26, 11:39 AM
I got Chaotic Good on both tests. I was thinking I'd wind up more towards the Neutral side of things, but that sounds about right ...

Oscar Wilde and Walt Whitman? Chaotic Good writes the best poetry. Cool. Which makes me wonder (and this is six different kinds of geeky) what Arthur Rimbaud's alignment would be. Chaotic Neutral?

draca
2007-11-26, 01:28 PM
I’m Neutral Good.

I’m almost embarrassed to admit it, but instead of an angel and a devil on my shoulders I must have a Paladin/Berserker and a Yugoloth.

I’ve never deviated on the law vs. chaos axis. There needs to be a balance between freedom and law. Some laws protect people, some just exploit them.

I’d be content being called True Neutral because philosophically I aspire to balance, and I feel that the universe balances itself; however test after test all put me firmly into Neutral Good. I think it’s because… <embarrassed whisper> when I’m confronted with real injustice or true evil in my life, I can’t not stand up to it. I must fight it, and I revel in its downfall.

On the other hand, I’m almost a complete misanthrope. I have a friend who swears that I must be Neutral Evil, because I have so much joy (or at least hilarity) in the pain of others (mostly in the “well, that’s what you get, dumb***” variety). This also made me think I must fall into the Neutral category. But, I guess actions speak louder then sarcasm, and a dark sense of humor really doesn’t effect an alignment, its what you do think and feel when the “chips are down.” Maybe the fact that I will stand up to real evil, even if I hate the people I’m standing up for, makes me even more Good.
:smallfrown: Sigh.

FoE
2007-11-26, 02:30 PM
I was Lawful Evil once, but I converted to Chaotic for love. :smallwink:

YPU
2007-11-26, 02:38 PM
Chaotic good, I am the chaos, often get told I am, I am doing a psychology study and my class mates agreed together that there is no way to understand the chaos of thoughts going on inside my head. And good, well, I quite often am discussed by my own goodness and tendency to do right, but I’m as far from a goody two shoes nitpick as you can get.

captain_decadence
2007-11-26, 02:48 PM
I'm Neutral Good/Lawful Good.

I believe in goodness ove all. This does not mean that I don't have a sick sense of humor, that I don't enjoy causing pain in others or that I don't get really mad and sometimes do things that are a little bit evil. But in any situation where things actually matter, I act for the ultimate good every single time. Yeah, I laugh at people who trip and fall or at the blind kid in my class whose seeing eye dog walked under a table with the kid in tow, but that doesn't mean that I am evil, just not a shining star of goodness with no personality. If a person is hurt or in need of help, I'm going to help them.

I'm Neutral/Lawful because I think that rules have a reason generally and that one should follow them. Unless there is a good reason not to. I think that bad rules are worse than no rules and should be gotten rid of as quickly as possible. So, I'm not 100% lawful but I definitely lean towards it.

Da Beast
2007-11-26, 04:21 PM
You are 38.9% Good.
You are 7.7% Chaotic.

The wizards test gave the same results. So does this mean I'm going to Elysium or the Beast Lands?

MountainKing
2007-11-26, 06:04 PM
According to the WotC test, I'm Neutral Good, which I guess I can accept (even if I pretty much refuse to see myself as a good person).

Dullyanna
2007-11-26, 07:18 PM
The wizard test says I'm True Neutral, while the other one says I'm Neutral Good. IMHO, I lean towards chaos, due to a lack of dicipline or a strict moral code. On the other hand, I'm generally too apathetic to go actively against any laws, unless they're a real pain to me personally. I'll lend a helping hand to almost anybody (Providing that they haven't made an ass out of themselves), but I generally don't... umm... "stand up to injustice and stuff."

Raistlin1040
2007-11-26, 07:20 PM
In real life, somewhere between CN and CG. With occasional ventures in TN. Here, I'm SE (Something evil. It changes from Lawful, to Neutral, or Chaotic, to Jackass almost 4-5 times a day) in AMEN, and CN everwhere else.

A test I took a while back said I was a Neutral Evil Elf Rogue. Another said I was a Lawful Neutral Human Sorcerer. Dunno.

Omniplex
2007-11-26, 08:58 PM
I've seen tests for this online, but I don't need a test, I know what my alignment is. Lawful Good, probably leaning on the LN side. I try to be good, but being lawful comes naturally to me.

High-Chancellor
2007-11-26, 09:10 PM
Wow... I guess I've changed more over the years than I thought.

I was very solidly NG about four years ago... but I've had a very much lawful drift.

about 287% Good
about 87.2% Lawful

So... yeah. Guess I'm lawful good now. Lawl.

hyperfreak497
2007-11-26, 09:39 PM
Those test dont work. Why? Because the moral alignement is all about actions in D&D and, since I think I can safely say most of the people here never murdered, raped or saved the life of someone else, we are pretty much all neutral. Seriously, can someone really say hes done anything really good or evil in their life? And no, doing some pranks or insulting some people and helping old people cross the street or loving puppies doesnt make you evil or good.

Seriously guys, we all live in really peacefull countries, nothing meaningfull that would definitly make you good or evil ever happen here. If you wanna be good or evil, go to Africa and try to save poor young orphan and use the wars for your personnal profit.

So I'm probably chaotic neutral. And by the way being chaotic or lawfull got pretty much nothing to do with breaking or following laws and rules.

Yep, you're right. Good and evil are determined only by you committing catastophic evil or overwhelming good. Day-to-day actions determine nothing.

Wait, what about the sadistic, suburban youth who tortures classmates and small animals for fun? What of the teenaged Boy Scout, trying to help others out of the kindness of his heart? What about the big man in the corporation, fighting to better himself and his business at the expense of his workers? What about the little man in the workplace, working as hard as he can to put food on his table for his family?

I concede the point. No one living in the modern world can be anything except neutral.

EDIT: Oh, hey, High_Chancellor already called him out. Oops :smallredface:

High-Chancellor
2007-11-26, 11:13 PM
Haha, yours was a lot more amusing to read though hyperfreak.

MandibleBones
2007-11-26, 11:28 PM
Depending on the answers to a couple questions which I am on the fence about, I am either NG, N, or LG. I'm going to go with NG with Lawful and Neutral tendencies, which is pretty much how I've seen myself recently anyway. I'm not the best person in the world, but doing the right thing is more important to me than acting spontaneously or planning my actions out - though I tend toward the long-term rather than the impulsive.

EDIT: According to that other test, I am Lawful Good, with a total score of 61.1% Good and 33.3% Lawful - as I expected, the lawful part of me could easily be considered on the boarder of neutral.

I still don't think I'm quite ready to be a paladin yet (not a Hinjo paladin, and NEVER a Miko paladin).

bluewind95
2007-11-26, 11:50 PM
Apparently I'm lawful good.

You are 55.6% Good.
You are 41% Lawful

Lies. Ask me what I'd like to do to people I dislike or am furious with. Not just people I have no problems with. :smalltongue: I'm sure that'd throw me straight into lawful neutral. At the least.

MCerberus
2007-11-27, 01:28 AM
I'm very chaotic and moderately good... I'd say cg with a capitol C.

topher
2007-11-27, 09:36 AM
I took two tests; one gave TN the other NE.
I’d say I’m TN with some evil tendencies and evil motives.

PaladinFreak
2007-11-27, 09:56 AM
Every test I've ever taken has put me at either Lawful, or Neutral Good. Personally, I would say I'm Neutral Good, with lawful tendancies. My family (at least those in it who play D&D) have remarked taht this is the case.

On a unrelated note, I'm an ENTJ.

mainiac
2007-11-27, 12:36 PM
Those test dont work. Why? Because the moral alignement is all about actions in D&D and, since I think I can safely say most of the people here never murdered, raped or saved the life of someone else, we are pretty much all neutral.

I've saved someone's life. I also known someone who was raped and was willing to discuss it and someone who came pretty close to vigilante killing before deciding he didn't want to take that step. Vis-a-vis my own experience, this girl I knew was in absolutely horrible emotional shape when I met her. Her mom had just killed herself and it didn't take a genius to figure out that she was pretty suicidal herself. So I made her my project, spent the next year trying to make her life better.

Sure, I can't say for certain that she's alive because of me, I didn't y'know slay a dragon or find the sacred ginsing root. But I made her life better in a very bad time and to this day that's the thing in my life I'm most proud of. And I think just day to day stuff like this is a big part of morality. You don't have to join the peace corps in order to go above and beyond.

That being said, I think I'm neutral and the wizards test agree's with me. While I'm all for goodness, I just lack the real drive to be good. Law-choas wise, I have a bit of problem with authority but don't like the idea of destroying it either. Evil scares me to be honest, though I'm pretty egotistical and selfish. I like playing NG or LG characters because that's the kind of person I'd be if I was a motivated can-do killing machine

Arioch
2007-11-27, 01:54 PM
Wow. Kinda hard to respond to the previous post. Kudos to you, sir.

Anyway...

I think I'm Lawful Neutral, with goor tendencies. I get nervous disobeying rules and laws, even little ones, and I try to be kind to people I know. I donate to charity and have (I think) helped one of my schoolfriends out of a pretty bad rut (though that might just be self-centeredness on my part. (Is that a real word? Self-centeredness?))
That being said, I don't qualify as good. I am sometimes quite selfish and arrogant, I've been known to use my intelligence to put down other people (I usually feel guilty afterwards) and while I may feel that things are wrong, I don't always act to change them.
I try to be good, but often fail.

I like to play evil characters in D&D because its harmless - I don't have to care about the feelings of imaginary NPCs - and because it can be fun to let those sort of things out occasionally. Plus, I play as necromancers, and necromancers are always uber-cool! :smallbiggrin:

Project_Mayhem
2007-11-27, 02:18 PM
I probably average out as true neutral leaning towards chaotic.

I'm very impulsive and live almost entirely in the moment, so my actions vary depending on sitution - while sometimes I try to be very selfless and good, especially in regard to my friends, I'm equally likely to be selfish and cruel, and if something doesn't affect me or a loved one directly, I rarely care. Same for law/chaos; I follow the main laws of society, yet I break ones I can get away with if it benefits me.

So yeah, I swing from LG to CE at times so I'd go TN. I leant it towards chaos, because this is in itself a very chaotic way to be.

wxdruid
2007-11-27, 03:14 PM
mine came out as...

You are 55.6% Good.
You are 38.5% Lawful.

Alignment: Lawful Good

As a lawful good person, you tend to act as you are expected to. You tell the truth, keep your word, help those in need, and speak out against injustice. You believe that the guilty deserve to be punished. You believe in bringing good to the most people possible while doing a minimum amount of harm. You are stern but fair.
You are the stereotypical “Crusader.” You combine honor and compassion.
Examples of characters and people who fit into the same alignment as you include Superman, Abraham Lincoln, Phileas Fogg, Captain Picard, Sherlock Holmes, and The Tick (who is also sometimes revered to be “Lawful Stupid.”

Toxic Avenger
2007-11-28, 06:49 PM
On the Wizards' alignment test, I scored as Chaotic Good, which is what I have gotten on at least 90% of the alignment tests that I've taken. The other 10% of the time I've gotten a result of either Neutral Good or Chaotic Neutral. The CG result makes some sense, since I believe that freedom should be preserved for all.

However, on the other test (which has questions which more directly pertain to the modern world) I scored as True Neutral, with Chaotic and Good tendencies (http://www.pa.msu.edu/~aaronson/alitest/res.html), which makes more sense to me - partially because I believe that most of us are Neutral, and partially because my reason for believing that freedom should be preserved for all is that it is the only way to guarantee my own. Yes, it's a selfish reason. Call it enlightened self-interest if you like.

And seriously, quit with everyone being chaotic evil.Everyone? At the time you posted, less than a handful of people had said chaotic evil.

You would be in prison if you were truly such, so just stop it.Right...because all chaotic evil people are immediately shunted off to prison before they can wreak havoc in our society. Also, no good or neutral people are ever sent there, because that would just be inconsiderate.

Sigh...I miss the rolling eye smiley.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-29, 05:40 AM
I finally took the test, and it says I'm 77.7% evil and 44.4% chaotic.
I really love the irony of that first one...

Logic
2007-11-29, 05:48 AM
I always get old standby stick-up-the-rear Lawful Good when I take those tests. I tend to believe them.

EDIT: Vorpal Tribble, I also find it mildly annoying that so many people are chaotic evil, and proud of the results. I just wish it were not so socially acceptable or "cool" to be evil. :smallannoyed:

Rowanomicon
2007-11-29, 05:51 AM
77.7% evil

Irony tastes almost as good a babies.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-11-29, 09:21 AM
Everyone? At the time you posted, less than a handful of people had said chaotic evil.
Now why is it I feel so certain that you didn't actually count them that I'd bet several gold pieces... must be because there seems to only have been one actual mention of chaotic evil that I count before my post and that would have been too good an opportunity for such a one who would have bothered to argue about it in the first place.

However, I was referring to these posts in general, as we have a thread like this at least every week, and let me assure you that we seem to have a great deal of chaotic evils on these forums.

However, must give credit, far less than normal on this one. Maybe the coolness factor of being the bad boy who drinks blood from fresh skulls is wearing off.

Right...because all chaotic evil people are immediately shunted off to prison before they can wreak havoc in our society. Also, no good or neutral people are ever sent there, because that would just be inconsiderate.
Though it is just my offhand opinion, with no statistics linked, I can't help but think actually good folk do not make it to jail nearly as much as those who are not.

Those who are, by their own words, not only willing, but eager to disobey laws and do whatever comes into their heads as long as they can get away with it, no matter what that deed may be, are, I would have to think, far more likely.

Sigh...I miss the rolling eye smiley.
I as well.

geek_2049
2007-11-29, 09:26 AM
I always score CG on alignment tests.

Blayze
2007-11-29, 01:26 PM
Hmm. I had pinned myself as True Neutral. If both tests are valid, I'm a mix of Chaotic Neutral and True Neutral. Not far off, at any rate, and possibly closer to the truth than my personal assumption.

I don't follow the law out of respect, I do so because I'll get caught (Think of the trope Can't Get Away With Nothing, and you've got my meta-defeatism).

I don't do good out of a desire to, I do so because I know people will pull their whiny guilt trips on me if I don't, and so I may as well go along with it for a quieter life.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-11-29, 01:48 PM
Me, personally? Neutral Good!

I use Lawful means towards Chaotic Goals and vice-versa.
I probably lean more towards Lawful ever since I joined the military, and I was definatly NG bordering on CG as a civilian.

Trog
2007-11-29, 02:20 PM
Neutral. Neither good, nor evil, but somewhere in the Trogish in-between. :smallamused:

Blayze
2007-11-29, 02:44 PM
Hmm. Perhaps we should campaign to get True Neutral renamed to Trog Neutral.

Castaras
2007-11-29, 03:27 PM
Eh, I'm happy with being Alignment: Trog Neutral.

I mean, it's just another Trog named aspect of life. Although I don't live in Trogland, so doesn't affect me as much. :smalltongue:

Surdej
2007-11-29, 05:23 PM
I consider myself as neutral good. But the test I took said true neutral.:smallbiggrin:

well not that it matters! I'm Me! I don't need a label -> Belkar does

Dave Rapp
2007-11-29, 06:06 PM
Not too sure, really. I mean, I know I'm chaotic (I'm a bit of a rebel), but I can't devide on good, evil or neutral.

My Good Points: Always looking to help people, friendly.
My Neutral points: When a fight breaks out, I'm normally the peacemaker. I normally stay on the sidelines, never choosing a side.
My Evil points: I fancy myself as a little evil, and I keep coming up with weird stories about demons and devils and other evil things.

Um... I can't decide... Chaotic Neutral with no tendancies? On second thoughts, Chaotic Good? But I'm an AMENite... Oh, I have no idea!

The first one is a "good" thing, methinks. The second one is also definately a "good" thing as well. The third is more "dark" than real "evil." I'd peg you as Neutral Good. You could be chaotic, but the whole breaking-up-fights thing makes that seem a little, I dunno, unlikely. No offense or anything.

I agree with High-Chancellor here. Querzis said exactly what I am against - that supposedly actions matter more than intents when it comes to describing alignment.

I agree with Vorpal Tribble too - quit with proudly exclaiming "I'm NE/CE". Being a bit mean or having a black sense of humour does not make you evil. The things that really make you evil (bullying, doing good for you at the expense of others, cruelty - just to name a few) are nothing to be proud about.

The Test told me I'm NG.

Ahem. Cruelty and bullying aren't necessarily evilness. Those who harm others for their own benefit are evil, but those who harm others just because it's fun are just jerks. (or all-out psychopaths, depending on the severity) It's certainly not a morally "right" thing to do, but immorality is not evilness. I think immorality is more a chaotic thing, actually.

I always get old standby stick-up-the-rear Lawful Good when I take those tests. I tend to believe them.

EDIT: Vorpal Tribble, I also find it mildly annoying that so many people are chaotic evil, and proud of the results. I just wish it were not so socially acceptable or "cool" to be evil. :smallannoyed:

We're discussing DnD allignments on a internet forum for a webcomic. How many people here do you honestly think are trying to be "cool?" :smalltongue:

For the record, if anyone wishes to challenge my claim of chaotic evil, I present a short story.

Sophomore year in high scool, there was this fat kid (we'll call him... Bob) who sat near me in study hall. At the time, I had a nice set of eight keychain sharpie mini markers. In the first week of school, he asked if he could borrow them. I let him because at the time I didn't know better.

I didn't get them back. Apparently he left them by where I sat when study hall was over, not knowing that I was in the Library at the time. So the next day when I asked for my sharpies back, he didn't have them. They were gone, because Bob didn't notice that I wasn't there.

My response? A few weeks later, when he was on the other side of the room talking to somebody, and his backpack was left nearby with no defense, I decided to look through it. I found his iPod, and took it without a second thought. I have never felt guilty for it. Bob deserved it anyway, as he was a jerk and he lost my sharpies.

The moral of the story? I comitted, like, three deadly sins, without a second thought. And I'd do it again. So somebody, anybody, tell me again that I'm Neutral Good.

DrunkPrivateer
2007-11-29, 07:21 PM
Neutral good I guess. I like to think of myself as a rebel but I probably care too much about what other people think to be truely chaotic. Working on it though.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-29, 07:49 PM
Hmm. I had pinned myself as True Neutral. If both tests are valid, I'm a mix of Chaotic Neutral and True Neutral. Not far off, at any rate, and possibly closer to the truth than my personal assumption.

I don't follow the law out of respect, I do so because I'll get caught (Think of the trope Can't Get Away With Nothing, and you've got my meta-defeatism).

I don't do good out of a desire to, I do so because I know people will pull their whiny guilt trips on me if I don't, and so I may as well go along with it for a quieter life.

Hey, guilt is one of the primary weapons in Good's arsenal! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0068.html) :smallyuk:

The moral of the story? I comitted, like, three deadly sins, without a second thought. And I'd do it again. So somebody, anybody, tell me again that I'm Neutral Good.

Let's see... theft, refusal to feel remorse, justified if very disproportionate vengeance against a crime against you that was committed without malicious intent. Not very deadly sins at all. His iPod was worth a lot more than your sharpies, but in principle you didn't do anything that terrible. You're Neutral Good, if more callous than some.

darkblade
2007-11-29, 07:55 PM
I'd like to think of myself as Chaotic Good but in reality I think I'm more Chaotic Neutral with tendancies towards whatever the closest authority figure is not. Since I consider most authority figures to be evil most of the time I guess I'm kinda good.

Setra
2007-11-29, 08:11 PM
I have decided I am definitely Lawful Evil.

Bitzeralisis
2007-11-29, 08:56 PM
True Neutral.

I care for no one. And yet I look out for them.

I tattle on others. And yet I lie.

The only downside of being true neutral is going insane from it.

Dave Rapp
2007-11-29, 09:42 PM
Hey, guilt is one of the primary weapons in Good's arsenal! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0068.html) :smallyuk:

Let's see... theft, refusal to feel remorse, justified if very disproportionate vengeance against a crime against you that was committed without malicious intent. Not very deadly sins at all. His iPod was worth a lot more than your sharpies, but in principle you didn't do anything that terrible. You're Neutral Good, if more callous than some.

Okay, I didn't say they were severe sins... it's not about severity, it's about intentions, man!

And, as I mentioned a bunch of pages back, if I stole cars and killed my enemies, I wouldn't be on this computer talking to you, would I? :smalltongue:

Nasrudith
2007-12-02, 02:59 AM
I would have to say I'm either neutral good or chaotic good. I'm unsure because I'm inconsistent on the law-chaos axis. On one hand that could be viewed as chaotic to the extreme and on the other hand it could be viewed as simply being neutral.

shot-bya-monk
2007-12-02, 08:19 AM
well ive always been a good guy so i fanceyed myself as a law good guy. and i always hated it when others said they would be evil so they could steal **** and rape girl and what not. so i toke the test and low and behold im lawful good. other test paladin BAM human paladin

makes sence

Kaelaroth
2007-12-02, 08:43 AM
Well, I tokk another few alignment tests. Most place me as either Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil, but the last one I took ranks me as a paragon of Neutral Good. Rather strange, I'll admit, but I think it was because I have a soft spot for toddlers and kittens. :smallredface:

Blayze
2007-12-02, 09:06 AM

Does something count as being a good act if you do it either out of obligation or to shut people up? I can't see it as being a good act, but then again I don't see how anything can really be a truly good act.

After all, I can't name one person who's ever done anything good just because it was a good thing to do. I can name people who have done good things because they had incentives to do so ("Not going to Hell", and such), though.

Ossian
2007-12-02, 10:32 AM
I took the test. Neutral Good and it'd ok. Sure, the questions were a bit medieval, but the description fits me. I'm one of those LG that leans towards legality though.

O.

Freshmeat
2007-12-02, 11:42 AM
Like I always get with these kind of tests: true neutral. I'd say that in my case, it's more of a 'by choice' thing than a 'lack of interest' thing.

You are 22.2% Good.
You are 12.8% Chaotic.

Personally, I think I've got a few lawful evil and chaotic good tendencies as well, but true neutral is about 90% correct.

sun_tzu
2007-12-04, 06:19 AM
I like to think I'm LG, though I can't say for sure I'm not TN...

Setra
2007-12-04, 12:25 PM
I don't see how anything can really be a truly good act.
Good is simply helping someone for no other reason than to be kind.

If you see a little old lady carrying a big bag of groceries, and you run up to help her without thinking of any sort of reward, that is good.

If someone is feeling depressed, and you cheer them up just because you want them to be happy, that's good.

And so on..

Trog
2007-12-04, 12:57 PM
The whole good/evil thing is basically where you (or, say, a specific deed/period of time/entity/whatever) fall on the scale of selfishness. Completely selfless you are practically a saint (or other religious/non religious equivalent or whatever). Doing things to completely deprive another puts you on the darkest end of the scale. Selfishness puts you in the grey middle somewheres. Nearly everyone falls between the extremes and how they act in the grey area often ends up becoming a matter of perspective. What one person will see as being bad (depriving them of something) another will see as good (they shouldn't have this because it is bad.. er... kind of thingy). Most conflicts of the normal sort are over the shades of grey areas. Usually people can agree more on what falls on the extremes.

As far as the Chaotic vs. Lawful... Seems to be a scale of selfishness as it relates to a state or larger organization.

Probably no new revelation here but just wanted to jot down my thoughts.

Setra
2007-12-04, 01:01 PM
http://i19.tinypic.com/71f6uya.jpg

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2007-12-04, 11:17 PM
I got:
You are 36.1% Good.
You are 25.6% Chaotic.

Hmm.. I agree. I've always thought of myself as a pretty good person, and I've always thought that morality is way more important than obeying the law. I obey the law when it follows my own moral convictions, but if it doesn't then I can't really care.

Darkantra
2007-12-05, 02:38 AM
Hmm did the test and ended up as Neutral Good with 66.7% Good and 20.5% Lawful. Most of the time I'm chaotic with friends and lawful to the rest of the world.

Tempest Fennac
2007-12-05, 03:10 AM
Regarding Setra's graph, what would someone who likes helping other people while acting like a prick towards people who don't need help as a result of being misanthropic?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-05, 03:53 AM
That probably qualifies them as neutral, depending on how much of a prick he is.

Setra
2007-12-05, 05:49 AM
Regarding Setra's graph, what would someone who likes helping other people while acting like a prick towards people who don't need help as a result of being misanthropic?
If he's only acting like a prick but is a nice guy deep down then he'd be good.

If he's really a prick then why is he helping people? >_>

Ceska
2007-12-05, 06:58 AM
If he's really a prick then why is he helping people? >_>

Because he realises that if he helps others, others are prone to help him in times of need? I somehow fail to see why egoism is always treated as stupid and not looking into the future.