PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What type of undead to create

Glarnog
2022-04-12, 07:53 PM
Playing in a juiced up pathfinder game that is pretty much anything d20 is allowed. My 14th level Lich Necromancer Undead Master can cast up to Create Greater Undead as 15th level, maybe even 16th. We recently fought a major boss, she had a super martial body guard type whose corpse is available. I was wonder which undead would be the best. So many options, I'm guessing Mummy? My guy has quite a few of the feats from Libris Mortis, and will be able to use desecrate with an alter if that matters.

I guess control could be a problem, but figure each morning have some of the big skellys hold him down while he cast or channel enough times for him to fail? Use bestow curse or something if it's available to help.

Any thought or advice would be appreciated.

Doctor Despair
2022-04-12, 09:23 PM
Do you have access to Animate Dread Warrior? Dread Warriors are pretty fun. Any intelligent undead that explicitly retain their feats and abilities would be ideal if it was a cool boss monster though. Juju Zombie could be another, if I remember correctly, although I can't remember the caster level requirement for them.

unseenmage
2022-04-13, 11:34 AM
Here is my Pathfinder Necromancy compilation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?514107-PF-Lists-of-Undead-Creation-and-Creatable-Undead&p=21669408#post21669408).

For 3.P Spellscribed undead are your best go-to. It's hard to beat customizable SLAs no matter how you slice it.

EDIT: Spheres has a superpower that lets you completely repair damaged/destroyed corpses that I highly recommend as well. I explained never seen anything else like.it and it's so useful for altering the load out of what undead you have currently animated.

liquidformat
2022-04-13, 12:20 PM
gravetouched ghoul or bone/corpse creature with spellstitched is probably the best way to go. Dread Warrior is kind of fun worse than the other three options.

ShurikVch
2022-04-13, 12:30 PM
Curst (Lost Empires of Faerūn) is practically indestructible - as long as their body isn't destroyed completely, or their curse isn't removed - they would recover from any damage

Zanos
2022-04-13, 01:07 PM
You'll have issues controlling anything you make that's sentient unless the creature behavior specifically allows it to be controlled by it's master. For that reason I recommend juju zombies(3.5, not the PF version), dread warriors, and thinking zombies(dark sun). If you use any of the default options for create undead he'll just become a stock undead creature and lose all the features he had while alive.