PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Off list spells for a Necromancer. 3.P

Glarnog
2022-04-12, 08:17 PM
It's a juiced up wizard campaign. All of them with differed focus, mostly gishes, I think my Lich is the only straight caster. Most of my resources are in Undead, who are mostly used as crowd control and to deal with opposition minions. Mostly they are just off in the back ground but keeping us clear of mooks.

14th level Lich Necromancer Undead Master with some of the Libris Mortis feats, Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus too and +1 to necromancy spells.

Every spell level we get access to an off list spell. Completely banned from Transmutation and Enchantment. So far I've just picked up Desecrate and Freedom of movement. I'm looking for advice on others. So for 1,3,5,6,7th levels and I guess 8th and 9th levels too. Any list, can even be from 3.5, or generally almost any d20. My guy's usually mounted on a Frostfallen Drake, which has gotten pretty fragile as we have leveled.

Thanks

Analytica
2022-04-12, 10:34 PM
Speak with Dead?

ciopo
2022-04-13, 05:50 AM
Banned Transmutation hurts, anyway.

Conviction/mass convicrion for a nice source of morale bonus to saves that isn't actually tagged mind affecting

Unhallow and desecrate? I don't remember if they're already on the necromancer list, sounds likely that they are

Telonius
2022-04-13, 12:02 PM
Any chance the DM would allow you to take a level-zero spell? I know they work differently in Pathfinder (basically at-will). There's a level-0 Cleric spell from 3.5 called "Inflict Minor Wounds." It deals one point of negative energy damage. Not much, but you never run out of it. And looking at the Necromancer spell list, there's not much to heal your undead minions there either. ("Charnel Touch" is untyped damage, not negative energy, unlike the Dread Necromancer class in 3.5; so no at-will healing there either). Some of the class features let you heal your undead, but they seem very limited for how many per day you get.