PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Encounter/ adventure help

KyleG
2022-04-15, 12:02 AM
I was inspired this morning by a fb memory a baby covered in blue with the caption "bring me more smurfs". So Im going to have my kids (Lvl3 maybe 4, battlesmith, battlemaster and scout rogue) be shrunk in an enchanted glade, come across some reskinned halflings (smurfs) and face off with gargamel and some dark creations (mindless creatures...his attempt to create smurfs). Im going to treat the characters stats as normal but the gargamel will be giant size. Im also going to give them a "papa smurf" L5 druid to aid them.

Anyone have any suggestions for some reskinned creatures for gargamel and the dark creations? Not alot of options for giants that are also spellcasters at this level so im thinking just taking a CR2 spellcaster and just giving them the large size...the size shouldnt matter to cr should it?
In my head the creatures are like the evil minions from Despicable Me.

Unoriginal
2022-04-15, 07:33 AM
I was inspired this morning by a fb memory a baby covered in blue with the caption "bring me more smurfs". So Im going to have my kids (Lvl3 maybe 4, battlesmith, battlemaster and scout rogue) be shrunk in an enchanted glade, come across some reskinned halflings (smurfs) and face off with gargamel and some dark creations (mindless creatures...his attempt to create smurfs). Im going to treat the characters stats as normal but the gargamel will be giant size. Im also going to give them a "papa smurf" L5 druid to aid them.

Anyone have any suggestions for some reskinned creatures for gargamel and the dark creations? Not alot of options for giants that are also spellcasters at this level so im thinking just taking a CR2 spellcaster and just giving them the large size...the size shouldnt matter to cr should it?
In my head the creatures are like the evil minions from Despicable Me.

Size impacts which HDs the NPC has, as well as how many dice of damage their attacks deal. So it's likely to impact the CR.

I wouldn't suggest using a CR 2 creature as the big bag against such a group, though, because the creature will likely get shredded anticlimatically.

Maybe the Bard NPC statblock would fit what you want for Gargamel? For his minions, I would have at least one Mimic.

KyleG
2022-04-18, 01:22 AM
Size impacts which HDs the NPC has, as well as how many dice of damage their attacks deal. So it's likely to impact the CR.

I wouldn't suggest using a CR 2 creature as the big bag against such a group, though, because the creature will likely get shredded anticlimatically.

Maybe the Bard NPC statblock would fit what you want for Gargamel? For his minions, I would have at least one Mimic.

With a handful of minions its a decent encounter for l3/l4