PDA

View Full Version : Blast rod

ironwolf16
2022-04-18, 01:36 PM
Is there anything that tells the energy type for this infusion? Pathfinder says force but I can't find any source for d&d that says anything other than destructive

Eldonauran
2022-04-18, 01:55 PM
Going to need a bit more information than that. You got a link to the (item/spell/ability) in question?

AnonJr
2022-04-18, 08:47 PM
If you're looking for the 3.5 Artificer Infusion from the Magic of Eberron book, it was always my understanding that it was untyped energy - similar to what's produced by the Cull Wand Essence feat.

ironwolf16
2022-04-18, 10:24 PM
Yep the magic of ebberon 3rd level infusion. So just magic energy ok. I had seen in pathfinder it was listed as force and was trying to see if d&d had a listing for the energy type for use with feats like energy substitution or energy admixture

Jervis
2022-04-18, 10:28 PM
Yep the magic of ebberon 3rd level infusion. So just magic energy ok. I had seen in pathfinder it was listed as force and was trying to see if d&d had a listing for the energy type for use with feats like energy substitution or energy admixture

I think from the sounds of it the damage is like Flamestrike and that one Mystra thing where it’s effectively untyped and just says no to damage reduction and energy Res. Well, except for troll blooded + iron jaw but that says no to everything but fire and acid so, eh.

Biggus
2022-04-18, 10:41 PM
I had seen in pathfinder it was listed as force

Has there been an official PF version of the Artificer? I thought it was copyright of WotC.