PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Character based on mini

MisterD
2022-04-18, 01:58 PM
I have this mini https://i.imgur.com/wDldrkm.jpg

I am looking for a build (Adventurers League legal ) I can use it in. Please help. (Cape plus 2 swords = 14 blades total. )

Psyren
2022-04-18, 02:30 PM
I have this mini https://i.imgur.com/wDldrkm.jpg

I am looking for a build (Adventurers League legal ) I can use it in. Please help. (Cape plus 2 swords = 14 blades total. )

The Sword Burst cantrip covers having a bunch of blades popping out of you, so basically any build around that should line up.

animorte
2022-04-18, 08:12 PM
The Sword Burst cantrip covers having a bunch of blades popping out of you, so basically any build around that should line up.
This right here is a great idea.

Also a Kensei Monk to throw a bunch of knives could be worth it.

loki_ragnarock
2022-04-18, 08:15 PM
Either the criminal or charlatan background.

"Hey, psst, buddy. Yous wanna buy a knife?"

RogueJK
2022-04-18, 10:04 PM
How about something like this:

Variant Human
Swarmkeeper Ranger
STR 8
DEX 15+1
CON 14
INT 10
WIS 15+1
CHA 8

Take the Sharpshooter feat at Level 1. Take the Thrown Weapon fighting style at Ranger 2. Take +2 DEX at Ranger 4 and Ranger 8.

Your swarm is a swirling mass of flying daggers that you can summon. You can quick-draw daggers from the cloud to toss at enemies up to 60' away thanks to the Thrown Weapon fighting style and Sharpshooter feats. On turns when you don't use your Bonus Action for other things (like Hunter's Mark), you can make an additional BA thrown dagger attack thanks to Two Weapon Fighting, giving you two attacks from Level 2 and three attacks from Level 5. You get bonus damage from both the Thrown Weapon style as well as from your Gathered Swarm, and can use Favored Foe/Hunter's Mark on top of that if so desired. At times when you have Advantage or other bonuses to attack, flip on Sharpshooter's -5/+10 to up the damage further. If you need to melee, quick-draw a dagger out of the cloud and have at.

Flavor your Ranger spells to incorporate your cloud of daggers... Hail of Thorns becomes Hail of Daggers. Spike Growth becomes shards of metal embedded in the ground. Insect Swarm becomes Dagger Swarm. Conjure Barrage/Conjure Volley requires no reflavoring.

Sherlockpwns
2022-04-19, 12:40 AM
I’m heading down the caster route as well. I see before me an (insane?) person who is ritualistically sewing the blades of his fallen enemies into his cloak. A bard dual wielding blades and casting blade based magic.

The core spells will be cloud of daggers, steel wind strike (level 10 secret), and potentially even blade barrier or the kinda crappy mords swords at 14. Scatter in other melee combat buffs/defense as needed (shield, haste) etc.

Plenty of useful subclasses, swords if you want more attacks, lore if you want to toss in some handy spells like spiritual weapon. Though if you go lore you will also want to be able to take booming blade at level 1 probably.

Honestly don’t discount the immense power of cloud of daggers. Bards make great grapplers, it’s not hard to simply move someone into the blender. That spell alone can carry you for ages.

This concept may also work as a warlock.

Tawmis
2022-04-19, 01:15 AM
"I'm Batman."
"Can't use that. Copyrighted."
"I'm Swordman."
"Pretty close to Marvel's Swords Man."
"I am Man-O-Pointy-Cloaks!"
"Clears the Man-E-Faces from He-Man. Looks like a go!"

MisterD
2022-04-22, 05:18 PM
https://ddb.ac/characters/72429809/jFeo31

ender241
2022-04-22, 09:07 PM
How about something like this:

Variant Human
Swarmkeeper Ranger
STR 8
DEX 15+1
CON 14
INT 10
WIS 15+1
CHA 8

Take the Sharpshooter feat at Level 1. Take the Thrown Weapon fighting style at Ranger 2. Take +2 DEX at Ranger 4 and Ranger 8.

Your swarm is a swirling mass of flying daggers that you can summon. You can quick-draw daggers from the cloud to toss at enemies up to 60' away thanks to the Thrown Weapon fighting style and Sharpshooter feats. On turns when you don't use your Bonus Action for other things (like Hunter's Mark), you can make an additional BA thrown dagger attack thanks to Two Weapon Fighting, giving you two attacks from Level 2 and three attacks from Level 5. You get bonus damage from both the Thrown Weapon style as well as from your Gathered Swarm, and can use Favored Foe/Hunter's Mark on top of that if so desired. At times when you have Advantage or other bonuses to attack, flip on Sharpshooter's -5/+10 to up the damage further. If you need to melee, quick-draw a dagger out of the cloud and have at.

Flavor your Ranger spells to incorporate your cloud of daggers... Hail of Thorns becomes Hail of Daggers. Spike Growth becomes shards of metal embedded in the ground. Insect Swarm becomes Dagger Swarm. Conjure Barrage/Conjure Volley requires no reflavoring.

RAW the -5/+10 from Sharpshooter does not work with thrown melee weapons, such as daggers. You're making a ranged weapon attack, but it's still a melee weapon. It would work with darts however, since those are classified as ranged weapons.