PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Acquisitions Inc games (In D&D 5e, 3.5 and PF1)

Kol Korran
2022-04-22, 04:48 PM
Hey all!
I'm pondering possibly getting back into DMing. My life's current status (Demanding job, family with young children) doesn't leqve much time for games. I've stopped DMing a few years ago, and just recently came back to play (A 5e game, as a player), but my life demands may change soon, so I'm contemplating DMing again...

And, I came upon Acquisitions Inc, the 5e supplement. I'm mostly intrigued by the following aspects:
- Using non-standard characters, in terms of morality and values. Instead of heroic or similar ideals, instead a focus on pragmatism, ingenuity, and profit.
- A developing base and business, with the trappings of office/ corporate themes
- The humor!

But, I have no experience in running or planning such a game, and so I am seeking opinions and advice, especially from people who tried it, or are familiar with the concept.

Some questions:
1- Cannit work in 3.5e D&D/PF1?
Most of the supplement is general advice, with fairly little mechanical support, though most of it IS ingrained in the 5e terms and mechanics. Can it be easily converted?

2- For someone without much real life experience in corporate environment, any auggestions of where to learn more of it, or draw inspiration from?

3- The tone highly dependa on humor. Any ideas on how to facilitate that?

4- One potential worry is overcomplicating things, especially micromanagement, by adding the franchise details. I see the vook suggestions on how to keep that minimal and focus on narrative implications, but... Any idea how to expand on that?,

5 - Sort of a bonus question:
The book mostly refers to the Forgotten Realms setting, but I think it could be ideal for Eberron (Albeit Eberron's more mature and "gray" themes may clash with the humeros tone). If any of you tried it, or contemplated it, how would you go about it?

Thanks in advance, Kol.