PDA

View Full Version : You're like Trappy McTrap, that's your name!

Wraithy
2007-11-25, 01:25 PM
what feats etc would a ninth level rogue need to take to disarm traps more easily? (eg: faster, more accurately etc.) character has 16 int, I don't need to make traps, just disarm them really easily.

SoD
2007-11-25, 01:27 PM
I remember a feat somewhere that lets you use your int modifier for some checks, in addition to ability x. Also, obviously, if you want, you could, you know, take skill focus (disable device).

Solo
2007-11-25, 01:27 PM
A wand of Shatter?

Toliudar
2007-11-25, 01:43 PM
Well, Skill Focus: Disable Device would certainly help. Tactile Trapsmith, from Complete Adventurer (pg 112) allows you to use your dex in place of int for search and DD checks, so if you've got a nimble-but-not-bright rogue, that might help.

Is this a problem that a wand might help with? In addition to Shatter, there's Instant Locksmith from the spell compendium. Or talk with your DM about a custom bonus-to-skill item that takes up a body slot.

martyboy74
2007-11-25, 01:46 PM
A wand of Shatter?

I don't really think that destroying the traps was what he was looking for...

Take a look at the epic rules. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#disableDevice) By raising the DC, you can disable them more quickly. If you don't already have masterwork tools, get them if you're going to be doing this. Every bit helps.

Also, picking up some the luck reroll feats in the complete series (CAdv?), you can save yourself from some nasty traps when you roll a 1. If you don't already have masterwork tools, get them if you're going to be doing this. Every bit helps

BardicDuelist
2007-11-25, 01:56 PM
I don't know about feats, but there are PrCs in Dungeonscape, and CScoundrel (if I remember correctly), that allow you to disarm traps faster.

There is the Quick Fingers ACF in Dungeonscape. It reduces time to disarm traps.

Chronos
2007-11-25, 07:24 PM
Also don't forget the Rogue class feature, Skill Mastery, which lets you take 10 on certain skill checks even when stressed. Much more valuable, to my mind, than the other special abilities you can choose.