PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Giantslayer IC

gac3
2022-04-25, 02:45 AM
Jubilation fills the evening air in the normally staid town of Breezestone, for it is the twelfth birthday of the Chief Dragoon’s youngest daughter, Ruby, and the townsfolk have been preparing all day for the ceremony and festivities to follow. A throng of spectators has amassed at the town Commons; the buzz of the crowd subsides as the weathered town leader, Halgra of the Blackened Spears, takes the stage and begins to speak.

“Thank you all for joining us this night. I take immense pride in my responsibility as Chief Dragoon, especially when it comes to the honor of the hopeknife ceremony. It is always a great privilege to bequeath Breezestone youths their hopeknives as they come of age.” Halgra stops speaking long enough to open an ornamental case and retrieve a slender, ornately decorated dagger hanging from a silver chain. “But tonight is a special occasion, for the recipient of this hopeknife is none other than my youngest daughter.” Once again, Halgra pauses, but this time she turns to talk to the child beside her. “Ruby, by the traditions of our town, you have come of age. This hopeknife represents your responsibilities as an adult and defender of Breezestone. You must be willing to use it on yourself, your fellow Breezans, and your family—even me, should it come to that. It will be a far quicker death than that which the Seeqs will offer, and providing it is your duty. Do you swear to guard Breezestone from all comers, and to use your hopeknife only for its intended purpose?” Ruby—dusky skinned, black haired, and painfully shy—nods her head in response to her mother’s question. “If the seeqs come, and there is no other option, this is where you cut—here, here, and here.” Halgra demonstrates which arteries to sever while Ruby watches. When she is finished, Halgra sheathes the hopeknife and places the necklace around Ruby’s neck before turning back to address the crowd.

“Tonight, Ruby becomes a full member of our community! Let us welcome her, and celebrate her passage into adulthood! Breezestone forever!” The crowd echoes Halgra’s last words in unison, signaling the end of the ceremony.

Merilan
2022-04-25, 05:09 AM
To say Xiahe has come a very far way away is understating it indeed - she's probably one of the only people from the far East here tonight in Breezestone. She's a lovely-looking Miqote dressed in red flowing robes, and bears an ornate long nodachi with her; she has long black hair tied into a high ponytail and violet eyes. A dancer by profession, Xiahe is seen performing for the crowd -- hers is a lovely mixture of both martial skill and acrobatic prowess, utilising the length of her weapon to perform deeds stunning to the average eye. She's an amiable fellow, chatting up the locals easily, and cheering and celebrating the coming-of-age of the young daughter of the Chief Dragoon, Ruby, as well.

But she also catches the sombre tone of the speech too. To turn one's own hopeknife on oneself... this is the kind of region she's travelled to. A touch of desperation in the air. Well, she'll put a smile on as many people's faces for as long as she can with her performance tonight.

Amoren
2022-04-25, 07:04 AM
Amongst the crowds of celebrants was a smaller figure, skirting about nimbly among the people with a traveler's cloak still wrapped around his shoulders to help the young mithran boy try to blend in to the crowd as yet another hume. His cloak is obviously of a different make from the clothes of the local, marking the young wanderer as a foreigner, but that doesn't seem to deter the wanderlust from the figure as he does his best to gossip and participate in the local custom, drawing silent along with the rest of the crowd as Ruby is introduced, and her Hope Knife delivered. It brings the young prince to a pause, tilting his head to the side as he stares up at the stage, then glances to the side as the locals around him cheer in unison, leaving the boy to contemplate joining the shout a half second late but decided against it, before resuming his carousing. However, it seems that he was getting far too excited at the festivities, allowing the cat's tail to spill out from underneath his cloak, swishing to and fro as he bounces about the crowd.

Alhallor
2022-04-25, 07:29 AM
Nahscha was slithering silently through Breezestone, picking up some still edible trash and gulping it down. She though about getting away but there was this festivity going on and that would mean a great deal of leftovers that the Naga could pick up. She wore a heavy cloak obfuscating most of her body, but her scaly tail still showed more often than not.

She also got closer to the festivities than initially planned, looking towards the coming of age ceremony. As a member of prosecuted people the ceremony and the implications made sense to her, especially if the attackers would leave the dead bodies alone.

She was also somewhat interested by the dance of the Mithra, normally bipedal creatures seemed utterly graceless and stomping around mindlessly. This dance however at least had some hint of elegance. Nahscha tapped a rhythm toward a house while keeping watch.

[roll0]

Hellfire014
2022-04-25, 10:17 AM
A short, young figure, waist high compared to many around her, wearing a traveler's outfit (https://fibrojedi.me.uk/shocemsy/2019/03/4-lalafell-female-ffxiv.jpg) and a backpack stuffed-to-the-brim looks up at the ceremony in hidden disgust. Celebrating a child barely older than her learning to commit suicide? That's what adulthood is in this town? She's heard stories of how bad things can be from her adventurer mother, especially on border towns, but to see it for herself... no, Qulette (Colette outside of the swamps, she reminds herself) can't let this keep her down. She left home to see the world in all of its glory, and all of its horror; she hoped to see less of the latter, but it seems to be getting a head start.

Leaving the crowd as the ceremony ends, Colette begins to wander the town for the festivities. She sees a Mithra performing for the crowd, and considers joining in, before moving on. It seemed more martial than a normal dance, and as a battle dancer herself, she can respect that. She also isn't properly dressed for such a performance. Knowing she is a little low on funds, she begins looking around for a cheap festival meal, hoping it won't be terrible compared to her mother's cooking.

Lord Raziere
2022-04-25, 05:47 PM
Miriela and Zarmirka:
A gria girl known as Miriela with long red hair, yellow eyes, wearing scale armor reminiscent of dragons and a blue cloak, carrying a halberd over her shoulder, standing next to a little golden dragon known as Zarmirka.The little golden dragon, caught up in the moment hops about a little like a dog going
"YAAAAYY!! What are we celebrating?"
Miriela is more aware of what has occurred and says
"...The passage of that girl into adulthood, Zarmirka. The hopeknife is meant to be used to ease her own suffering if caught by enemies who will be far more cruel."
Zarmirka blinks and considers this.
"That...doesn't sound joyous at all. That sounds sad! Why is everyone celebrating then?"
Zarmirka looks up at Miriela with puppy dog eyes
"...I guess it means they entrust her with responsibility to protect this community now. The knife is the worst case scenario."
In a way it reminded her of her own coming of age and her responsibility to protect this little dragon. More grim, but no less important she supposed.
"But if they're captured why not just rescue them? Or run? That seems to be better options."
"They specifically said it if there was no other option, Zarmirka."
"I don't get how there'd be no other option. These people give up too easily."
"This is not our village. We do not know what they have gone through to make this a tradition, it is their way, not ours."
"But why should that matter!? Everyone should be get to live a good happy life! This is dumb."
Miriela shakes her head.
"Everyone should. That doesn't mean everyone will, my little dragon."
"Oh....." She tilts her head sadly down. This doesn't last long however as she spots Xiahe doing her performance and scrambles over to it
"Wow! Thats so beautiful!" she exclaims.
Miriela exasperated hurries on over to the performance and as well chiding her in a whisper
"She is in the middle of a performance, don't interrupt."

Merilan
2022-04-26, 12:41 AM
Xiahe notices that there appear to be other travelers too tonight, not just her. Was that another mithra, in the crowd, the boy? At least she isn't the only one here tonight! There's an eye that seems to appreciate her craft with Colette, it seems. She doesn't quite spot Nahscha, blending in as she's doing, and her attention's attracted by a cute tiny dragon that seems so exciteable, and the red-haired gria with her. She flashes them a welcoming smile.

"My, I'm honoured you enjoyed the dance," Xiahe answers as she comes to a grand flourish. "Are you two travelers? I am Xiahe, from the far east. This village is quite lively tonight, I must say!"

Lord Raziere
2022-04-26, 10:33 PM
Miriella and Zarmika:
The little dragon excitedly speaks up first
"Hi Xiahe! I'm Zarmirka the Lightning dragon! and this Miriella the Gentle! she's my bodyguard that my mom chose for me so I can go traveling!"
"Pleased to meet you, Xiahe. Your dance was quite elegant, I do agree. It is indeed lively. Reminds me a bit of my own coming of age ceremony back home. I am a dragon knight so...what I got was far more lively than knife."
Zarmirka suddenly hops up onto Miriella's shoulders like a cat saying
"She means me! Which means she is going to ride me when I'm bigger and stronger! So I have to get all the chances I can get to ride her while I still can."
Miriella seems used to this and only grunts a little.
"Indeed. You won't be able to do this forever. Inevitably, I will have my revenge."
Miriella jokes while Zarmirka sticks her forked tongue out back in response.

gac3
2022-04-27, 05:32 AM
After the speech the town begins to celebrate and participate in a number of games. Many of these center around Ruby. One such activity is tug of war against the town's best defenders. Two humans step up to take on the duty. Ruby is allowed to pick any number of partners. As she moves through the crowd to choose her team each of you is given the option to join her, which the crowd encourages you to do so.

If you do not then there is plenty of festivities to partake in and people to talk to. Other activities include a porridge eating contest, a game of hide and seek, a foot race. Plenty of options.

Alhallor
2022-04-27, 06:46 AM
Nahscha succesfully avoided the little Ruby succesfully. She wasn't that strong and she was too shy to reveal her monstrous form towards these villagers. The festivities were now fully in charge and the villagers played several games which seemed a little childish but still definitely fun. If she could just freely participate. It didn't seemed that freedom was all that great if you were a Lamia.

But then an alluring aroma was playing around Nahscharjdscha's slit nostrils and it seems there was an eating contest going on. Her stomach was rumbling and for a short moment her body slithered on it's own. She stopped herself. She shouldn't just get out in the open like that! She could just eat all the things that were left overÂ… But then she couldn't feel like she belong, even for a moment, and she potentially wouldn't even feel full. It was probably worth the risk.

Nahscha try'd to move as innocuous as possible while seating herself and waited for the first bowl of porridge. She slightly unhinged her jaw and even while gulping down the food she attempted to keep her hood down to obscure her features. The food filled her stomach with warmth and Nahscha let her guard down while happily gulping bowl after bowl.

Amoren
2022-04-27, 08:03 AM
The young princeling blinked as he was approached by the hume girl who was at the center of the tug of war. At first the boy thought to decline, but then noticed his rather... meager... disguise had already slipped, and considering the crowd wasn't making a big deal out of it... Well, why not? Not like he had seen any of his Mother's knights for at least a few weeks now, so he likely had a bit of room for letting down his guard! Even though his frame was less than... stellar... for a contest of strength.

Hellfire014
2022-04-27, 04:03 PM
Colette wandered around town as the festivities started, and quickly found herself at a eating contest. Surely her Qu heritage should give her an advantage in such an event, right? She took a seat and started eating.

Lord Raziere
2022-04-27, 04:32 PM
Miriela will go do the contest of strength as well while Zarmirka will attempt to play hide and seek- but a little golden dragon probably isn't that hard to find. Its kind of why Miriela isn't worried about letting her do that.

Merilan
2022-04-27, 05:36 PM
"The lightning dragon! Goodness, I'm certain you'll grow up big and strong," Xiahe smiles at Zamirka. She nods gently at Mirella, and chuckles and says, "Indeed, coming of age ceremonies differ quite a lot, do they not? It is interesting to see what people value and highlight..."

Then, a contest of strength had started. Xiahe tilts her head to say, "I am not the strongest Mithra out there, but perhaps this would be fun to pass the time." She follows Mirella to join in.

gac3
2022-04-29, 04:49 AM
Those of you who participate in the tug of war quickly find that the two town defenders far outmatch the group of you. They have nearly pulled you all across the line when suddenly someone from the crowd yells. "You've got this Ruby! Just give it one strong heave." At the encouragement she braces her footing and pulls as hard as she can. You all of course join in. Suddenly you find yourselves moving backward. You gain momentum as you pull until the men fall over as your team pulls them across the line.

One of them comes up and lifts Ruby onto his shoulders. "The Champion!"

Those of you who participate in the eating contest also end up going against the town defenders though Ruby is busy with the hide and seek contest. Nahscha wins hands down and receives a blue ribbon. Surprisingly despite the Qu ability to swallow the pies whole, something seems to go wrong on their first pie. Qulette ends up choking and coughing through most of the contest.

Ruby wins hide and go seek (as well as anything else she participates in) and screams with joy when she finds the little gold dragon. She follows it and tries to play with it for nearly half an hour before the next game begins.

After both contests you all participated in, the two defenders approach you and congratulate you, or in Qulette's case express concern. You learn they are the human Dragoon brothers Kurst and Roderick Heath. They treat you to some drinks and food and encourage you to join the local militia. Throughout the night you also hear tale from many of the villagers about Roderick's amazing poetry. The two brothers are very different with Roderick being more outgoing and forward and Kurst being more reserved and soft spoken. Despite this both seem well loved as a whole by the town.

Roderick makes sure to mention to you all that if you don't already have lodging for the night he will put you up at the Ramble house for the night. He mentions he will also be staying there.

If you have anything you want to do or if you want to talk to the brothers some about themselves or the town post here and feel free to do that. If not post that in the OOC or just make a post about how eventually you find your way to bed and I'll jump forward.

Amoren
2022-04-29, 07:40 AM
Hako would certainly not be much help with the tug of war, probably less so than even young Hako herself! But, when the guards started to lose ground, and they eventually managed to pull them over the line, the young thief shot them a suspicious stare... Not that he spent too much time on it, enjoying the rest of the festivities, and giving his own go at hiding during the next contest!

However, when it came to the offer of the militia, the boy's ears twitched beneath his hood, and he tilted his face to the side, staring at them with a chunk of food in his mouth, before swallowing it and giving an idle murmur to the suggestion. "I'm mostly just passing through, sorry... I guess I can help out a bit while I'm here, but can't exactly make any long term commitments like joining that."

Merilan
2022-04-29, 05:54 PM
There's a delighted little laugh as Xiahe tugs with all her might -- which isn't that considerable -- and they come out on top. "Goodness, but that was a lovely exercise." She smiles to Hako to say, "Well done, young one."

Later on, Kurst and Roderick come to speak to them, and Xiahe has a hum of appreciation. "I myself too am a traveler, merely passing by... but do tell of some of the challenges that you face here as a militia. Given the ceremony, there is no doubt there is much danger in this area."

Hellfire014
2022-05-01, 01:08 PM
"Like what they said, I'm also traveling. But I wouldn't say no to sticking around for a little bit to help, and learn about the area." The lalafell says. "I'm Colette, buy the way, nice to meet you."

Alhallor
2022-05-02, 04:12 AM
Nahscha is beyond happy getting granted a ribbon and quickly binds it upon her arm.

When the two dragoons invite her, she accepts catiously, better to get more food in, if she would potentially stay hungry for awhile.

When she is invited into the militia it touches her emotionally and she grabs her cowl. "Thanks for your invitation… But you may decide differently." She removes her cowl and reveals the snout of a snake and her varied colored scales, some with the same color like the dragon others deeply red or a muted green. Well, perhaps they didn't actually had anything against Lamia's here. She did slither and swim a good distance already, perhaps she was in luck and they actually weren't any adverse reactions?

Also she adds: "I don't want to cause any trouble, if you say the word I'm on my way again."

gac3
2022-05-02, 08:42 AM
There's a delighted little laugh as Xiahe tugs with all her might -- which isn't that considerable -- and they come out on top. "Goodness, but that was a lovely exercise." She smiles to Hako to say, "Well done, young one."

Later on, Kurst and Roderick come to speak to them, and Xiahe has a hum of appreciation. "I myself too am a traveler, merely passing by... but do tell of some of the challenges that you face here as a militia. Given the ceremony, there is no doubt there is much danger in this area."

The two men smile and welcome you all but Roderick does most of the talking. "Welcome all of you to our little town. I hope you enjoy your stay. If there is anything we can do, don't be afraid to speak up." He turns to Xiahe. "We see our fair share of trouble around here. The Seeqs aren't always the friendliest of neighbors. We try to stay prepared. We've got a lot to live for around here. Just another reason to celebrate." After a while they bid you fair well, making their way around. They seem to be trying to get some time talking a little with everyone.

The party winds down and the town all slowly start to make their way to bed. You sleep is restful after such a long and eventful party. The town is near silent when you go to bed but there is good energy in the air.

Yet when you wake up you can hear loud voices and people moving around. This isn't normal everyday business. Before you can finish getting dressed enough to see what's going on guards are arriving at each of your bedrooms. "We need everyone to please make their way out of the building as quickly as possible. This is not a request or a drill. The Ramble House is closed until further notice."

Lord Raziere
2022-05-02, 04:01 PM
Miriella/Zarmirka:
Zarmirka will gladly paly with Ruby as long as she likes.

She will say to the Dragoon brothers
"My oath is purely to protect Zarmirka. Her wish is to travel the world. Joining the militia would conflict with protecting her, as she would likely travel beyond this village whether anyone likes it or not."
"Yup! I'm an adventurous scamp like that! Whatever that means". Zarmirka says, eating food from a bowl on the ground.
"Hey Miri, Ruby won all the contests! She must be really good at stuff."
"Hm. I find it kind of strange she did so, but I suppose it isn't a big deal." Miriella muses. "Perhaps it is simply luck"

Next morning:
Miriella will get up, quickly gets get armored and get her halberd. If its not either then....she puts a few things together.
"Then its an order and let me guess: the Seeqs are attacking."
Zarmirka wakes up, yawning.
"Whats happening, Miri?"
"I think we're about to get into a fight, Zarmirka. Stay behind me, don't wander too far away from others. I may be wrong but I'm not taking chances."
Zarmirka recognizes the serious tone in her bodyguards voice and says
"Okay."
They walk out of the Ramble, on guard.

Merilan
2022-05-02, 06:17 PM
As a long-term traveler, Xiahe is ready in the morning with her equipment prepared, the nodachi slung at her back as she adjusts her crimson robes. She tucks her flat, straw hat down slightly as she proceeds outwards to see what the commotion's about. She chats up a few people to see if they know anything more, and keeps an eye out as well. "Well, well... the day certainly is starting on an interesting note."

[roll0] Diplomacy if required

Amoren
2022-05-02, 07:46 PM
Hako was an early riser due to his recent travels, yet he wasn't out of his room yet - the air of jubilation in the air had faded and so he had, rather sullenly, come to realize his disguise had slip and was desperately trying to hide his ears and tail before he was rather unceremoniously kicked out of his room. The young cat barely had his simple leather armor on underneath his robe, still pulling the traveler's cloak over his shoulders with the motley collection of daggers he used as his only means of defense visible within their straps as he gathered with the rest of the guests. "Hmm? Maybe its a fire? I don't know why you'd empty a solid building if its an attack, seems like you'd want to gather as many people in there for protection..."

Hellfire014
2022-05-03, 07:31 AM
Qulette is not a morning person, and being forced to get up and move out before even having a cup of coffee has made her grumpy. Thankfully, she didn't need to unpack, so she was ready to go quickly, leaving the room fully dressed within minutes. Considering the urgency of the call, she carries her bag over her shoulder instead of wearing it, and keeps her hand close to her chakram.

"Wha*haaaaaaa*t's going on?" she yawns out, looking around. Something big has to be happening for an evacuation.

[roll0]

Alhallor
2022-05-03, 09:27 AM
When Nahscha is awakened she nearly slithers out of the window till she remembers that it's not necessary. She quickly dons her equipment (and makes sure that her best bolt is in her crossbow, just to be sure) and glides down, meeting the others, greeting them with a nod and takes a look around, try's to her what's happening, still a bit paranoid.

[roll0]

gac3
2022-05-04, 06:03 AM
You all, along with everyone else staying on the building, are ushered out front where a huge crowd has gathered. Word is quickly spreading through the terrified crowd. Roderick is dead. One of the towns greatest defenders was found dead in his room this morning by the inn keeper. A few people say it was an attack but most are saying it was a suicide. The building has been roped off and guards have been placed in the front.

As you make your way through the crowd you spot Kurst leaning against a wall. He is clearly distraught. As he spots each of you, he waves you over.

While he is mostly holding it together, you notice that Kurst is shaking slightly. Every couple of seconds he stops as if making and effort but it quickly returns. You aren't quite sure he could stand on his own without the wall.

Alhallor
2022-05-04, 09:40 AM
When Nahscha is getting out of the building and hears the rumours the good spirit that was budding in her was quickly crushed. Roderick seemed nice and now he was quickly dispatched. And the new arrivers of course could get blamed.

Seeing Kurst and him not immediately jumping with his weapon drawn at them she quickly glides towards him.

Nahscha blinks at him. "I'm sssorry for your friend."

She get's pretty close to him while talking like she can't really discern what a good talking distance is.

Nahscha would try to give Kurst a shoulder to lean on, without being to obvious.

Merilan
2022-05-05, 08:59 PM
Xiahe proceeds to Kurst when she spots him, after gathering a basic understanding of what has happened in the inn. A suicide or murder... she nods very quietly towards him and rubs her chin. Roderick... it's unsettling, how she was just speaking with him the night before.

"My condolences," she speaks, then pauses. "'tis a very unsettling turn of events, indeed. Is there anything we can do to help you?"

Amoren
2022-05-06, 02:43 AM
The young mithra didn't exactly know what to say, or do, about the current situation, it mostly just sounded like the perfect way to spoil the festive mood, and the other thing the knave was thinking of was how likely they were to blame one of them for the attack. So instead, he saw if he could slip away from the little gathering place and see if he could peek in at the scene through a window if it was on the lower floor, or at least listen in on how the crowd gossiped to get more information.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

gac3
2022-05-06, 06:34 AM
You don't manage to get a good look at the room due to combination of angle and presence of guards at the relevant windows. Eavesdropping on the townsfolk however you learn that the inn's owner, Cham Larirngfass found the body early this morning. He found Roderick with a hopeknife in hand and slit wrists. The common consensus seems to be that Roderick committed suicide. "That seems so unlike him." "I guess you never know what's going on in a man's heart." These are some of the common phrases that you hear among the crowd. Everyone is in a very somber mood, having all been fond of Roderick.

Those of you that approach Kurst find him breathing heavily. After a few moments catching his breath he looks at you. "I'm sure you've heard by now that my brother, Roderick - you met him last night - was found dead this morning, and I've had my hands full since. Officially this has been ruled a suicide but I... I don't believe it. I can't believe it. Something else has to be going on. Normally... Normally Roderick would be the one investigating something like this. He was the best we had. We'd have all the answers in no time. With just me though.

"I don't think I can handle this and my duties to the town and my family right now. Our militia can hold off an army of Bangaa but they aren't sleuths. Given the nature of things though, I'm not sure who in the town to trust with this. You all mentioned that you weren't from around here though. You don't have any connections to anyone. Could you please, as a service to myself and the town, take over this investigation?"

Merilan
2022-05-06, 02:52 PM
"Very well," Xiahe agrees without hesitation. "If you suspect foulness in the air, then I cannot turn a blind eye to it. I may not be a sleuth, but certainly I can loosen some lips."

She folds her arms, ears perking slightly as she says, "Could you tell us what happened last night? When did you part with Roderick, and what was he like when you left him? What did you do for the rest of the night?"

Alhallor
2022-05-09, 03:52 AM
Getting trusted that much makes Nahscha feel weird. But in a good way.

"I try to do my bessst." She would ask why they won't ask a necromancer to ask the dead who killed him, but they were no undead bolstering the local defense or other signs that necromancers where here, which made the question unneccesary.

She listens on what Kurst had to say, Nahscha was not used to investigate a murder and would go along with the others.

Hellfire014
2022-05-09, 08:16 AM
Colette sighs in relief. Not an evacuation, just clearing the area. "I can't claim to be much help, but I'll try." Now able to relax a bit, she puts her heavy bag on her back.

gac3
2022-05-11, 07:48 AM
"Very well," Xiahe agrees without hesitation. "If you suspect foulness in the air, then I cannot turn a blind eye to it. I may not be a sleuth, but certainly I can loosen some lips."

She folds her arms, ears perking slightly as she says, "Could you tell us what happened last night? When did you part with Roderick, and what was he like when you left him? What did you do for the rest of the night?"

Kurst nods and thinks for a moment. "We were at the festival. You all saw. We participated in everything and tried to make rounds and interact with people. We saw you all a few times. As soon as the party started to wind down though, Roderick turned in for the night. I didn't want to stay long after that and turned in myself. After that I have no idea. I know he was staying at the Ramblehouse, where you all were staying and he was found."

Maybe you should check with Brinya Kelver. I learned recently that her and Roderick had been... seeing a lot of one another. Perhaps they might have met last night?

Seargent Frum was on patrol last night, he might be worth talking to also. Maybe he was able to see something."

Lord Raziere
2022-05-11, 08:00 AM
Zarmirka and Miriella
She will follow along listening to the investigation
"I will check in with Sergeant Frum."
Zarmirka looks at Nascha interestedly and in wonder seems to be unable to say something for a while then says to her
"Your a strange dragon!"
Miriella chides her: "No, she's a Naga, Zarmirka."
"Oh. Sorry naga-dragon!" Zarmirka says, not entirely getting it.
Miriella sighs. What was she going to do with her? Then goes to see Frum

Merilan
2022-05-11, 10:09 PM
"Very well. Perhaps I shall locate Brinya," Xiahe remarks. "It may also pay well to inquire the full list of guests for the Ramblehouse on the night of the murder, and check if everyone is accounted for - we have not ruled out the possibility of a hit and run, after all. And, of course, we must observe the scene of the crime itself..."

Alhallor
2022-05-13, 07:28 AM
When the small dragon speaks to her Nahscha is a bit startled.

"I'm really not winged one, I misssss the wingssss." Though well perhaps she could be considered a kind of water dragon?

"Then I'll try to get to thissss Brinya." If Kurst doesn't know where she is then Nahscha asks around.

[roll0]

Should she find her Nahscha try's to be diplomatic.

"You're probably already heard what happened to Roderick, did you saw anything unusual this night?"

gac3
2022-05-13, 08:10 AM
Kurst sends you all off, assuring you that you will be able to find him if needed. He gives each of you a small writ. "This will let the guards know that you are working on my orders. They shouldn't give you much trouble." He then excuses himself to go attend to his family.

Three players choosing three different priorities, so I'm just going to Spoiler them. That said, I'm not worried about if you read the ones other than yours. Presumably eventually you will receive the run down anyways. That said, please try not to meta-game conversations. If you aren't at the Ramblehouse, you don't know to ask your person about the clues found there. On the other hand, if you want to in the OOC, discuss strategies or questions that should be asked, I'm not objecting to collaborating in that way. Just make sure your character would know about what you want to talk about. Also, I'm not sure if we've lost people since only three have posted in at least a few rounds. This may be something we need to discuss but I'll give it until Sunday.

The guards let you into the Ramblehouse once presented with Kurst's writ. Inside is Cham Larringfass, a female Moogle. You know here to run the Ramblehouse. You also have heard by now that she is the one who found the body. She is sitting at a table, hands shaking as she grips a glass that doesn't seem to have been touched. "The guards let you in kupo?"

You manage to find enough information to make your way

Please also roll a gather information check. I will post again once you do, not worrying about waiting for my normal schedule.

Merilan
2022-05-14, 11:46 PM
Xiahe decides to leave Brinya to Nascha with a nod of her head, heading back to the Rumblehouse. "Indeed," she answers Cham. "I'm sorry for the terror you've been through. I'd like to ask a few questions about what happened last night - could you tell me the last time you saw Roderick? Did you see anything out of the ordinary? Also -- are all the guests accounted for, or are there people missing?"

Amoren
2022-05-15, 09:08 AM
The mithra boy finishes his rounds of listening in on gossip and returns to where he he had slipped away from the party, likely catching sight of at least one of them making their way away before making their way into the inn, hopefully catching up to them right before they slip in so he can get what they had heard from Kurst. "You know, its odd," he'd inquire to the group, "Everyone here is taught how to commit suicide from the time they become an adult, and yet he didn't use the hope knife as instructed... If it was foul play, it could be another foreigner like ourselves? One who wasn't as familiar with their rituals..."

When the moogle looks over and inquires, the cat boy offers a friendly enough grin, "Yeah, we're trying to help out Kurst! Do you mind if we ask you a few questions?"

gac3
2022-05-18, 08:10 AM
Cham shakes and constanly interupts their comments with big deep breaths, as if trying to settle themselves. "Oh no kupo. He had the hope knife in his hand. His wrists were slit kupo. Very by the book. I'll answer your questions kupo. I doubt I'll be much help. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary kupo. Roderick came in from the festival and went straight to bed. I can't say if anyone is missing kupo. Some people have checked out but many were rushed out. You can look at the books kupo. I can get them for you if you like?"

You manage to find enough information to track Brinya down in a boarding house northwest of the commons. She is a half-bangaa woman and when you find her, she is an absolute mess. She is wailing and her face is wracked with grief and stained from hours of tears. As you approach and ask to speak to her, she manages to get herself mostly under control but still lets out the occasional sob as she tries to help you.

"I didn't see anything unusual. I watched the festival from afar. My kind isn't exactly welcomed with open arms at events like that and besides, Roderick wasn't ready for everyone to find out he was engaged to... to... a filthy half-bangaa. So I didn't see much of anything last night. Roderick is always so tired after events like that, that he wouldn't have even come to see me until morning. Now I guess he never will."

This is an investigation, so I feel it may be important to say that I will not openly prompt diplomacy or sense motive checks or anything like that unless I feel it is crucial for what you are currently trying to do. For investigative interactions, I will have them respond based on what you say and only if you choose to roll sense motive or some social skill, will I take that type of aspect into account. That said, a question with a solid intimidation roll will likely always produce more than the question without a roll. So roll at your will/discretion and don't assume that if I'm not asking for it, that there isn't more to learn with it. I just don't want to give away anything by specifically prompting sense motive checks when someone is lying.

Merilan
2022-05-18, 05:25 PM
Xiahe recalls the words of the elder yesterday. "To only use the hopeknife for its intended purpose, which is when the Seeqs come," she murmurs. The mithra boy's words are interesting too. "I will have a look at the books. We'd also like to take a look at the scene of the crime, if that is permissible?"

Amoren
2022-05-18, 09:14 PM
"Really? I thought the neck or sternum would have been more preferred..." the boy blinked, frowning to himself as he was trying to remember the locations pointed out to Ruby during yesterday's festivities. His ears errant ears going so far to flick against the back of his scalp, whilst his lips purse, before he gets drawn back to the conversation with the moogle. "Hmmmm... What would Ser Hauna do..." the boy mumbled to himself, quietly enough that it would be easily missed, before turning his gaze towards the other cat-eared adventurer. "I wouldn't mind taking a look either... And has someone gone to talk to whomever was on watch last night for anything unusual?"

Alhallor
2022-05-19, 03:01 AM
Nahscha never bonded with a random stranger so fast. The last few months were harrowing for her and having been accepted felt great. But it came at the cost of others being ostracized, she hadn't had much experiences with Bangaa but Brinya was clearly her own person and not responsible. If Nahscha could cry she would probably do so and hug it out but that was not what she could do. I'm very, deeply, sssorry for your losssss. If Nothing elsssse holdsss you here I could tell you where I traveled from originally, if you let my name fall towardsss Sssharaha he may try to help you find ssssomething elsssse.

Nahscha offers Brinya her last 4 Gil and if she needs anything she would help her, promising to come back when she has found out more. Before she goes back to the others she asks. I know it'sss probably heavy to talk about it, but did Roderick ever mention if he had something like adversssariesss?

gac3
2022-05-20, 07:23 AM
Cham nods along to all of your requests. "I'll get the book kupo. then I'll take you up to the room. As for the guards, you'll have to ask them kupo. I wouldn't know."

Cham pulls out a big ledger and allows you to go through it.

Looking through it one entry will immediately stand out. The final room last night was rented out but it is the only entry on the ledger with no name.

For any deeper information I'll need either an intelligence check or if you feel a skill might be relavent to going through the records, roll that and give a reason.

"I may need to take you up on that offer friend. I'm not sure I'll have much of place in town much longer. As for enemies, I don't know of any. He was always writing in a journal though. He was a poet you see. He wrote the most beautiful poetry you've ever heard. I'm not sure there would be anything about any enemies he might have but, if he wrote it down anywhere, it would be there. That said, I have no idea where it might be. I'd start in his room. He usually kept it nearby."

Merilan
2022-05-20, 07:10 PM
"This is passing curious," Xiahe points out to the mithra boy with her. "A room was rented with no name involved. Could you try to recall the details of who you rented this room to? It would've been the last room rented last night." She does trawl through the book as well, but she's not the greatest at moving through ledgers...

[roll0] Intelligence

Amoren
2022-05-21, 09:48 AM
"Well... Moogles do tend to doze off when nothings going on, don't they..? Perhaps she was half asleep when they came in," the princeling thought allowed as he glanced at the books himself, before letting Xiahe poke through it as he keeps his gaze on the moogle, watching how she'd answer the question.

Sense Motive on the inkeep moogle: 1d20+6

Alhallor
2022-05-23, 05:04 AM
Thanksss, we try to find it. Perhapsss even bring it to you when we are done.

Nahscha slithers back towards the place where they previously met and waits there for the others.

gac3
2022-05-25, 07:07 AM
Cham looks at you two nervously when asked about the last guest. She looks like she is going to speak but the insult about Moogles catches her and she just breaks into tears. "He refused to give his name, kupo. He paid me a fist full of gold and said he'd be gone by sunrise. I didn't ask any more questions kupo. Who would have thought something like this would happen?"

She proceeds to try to give you a description but it comes across very generic and unhelpful. There may be a comment about all tall folk looking the same.

The only other thing that stands out at all is a bizarre number of Seeq like names on the recent register. This is primarily strange because of how few seeqs travel through town.

Cham seems to have been tense up until this point but talking about the man from last night seems to have eased her a little bit. Before she was definitely hiding something. Now though she seems much more relaxed. Emotional and upset but less tense. that was probably the only big secret she was knowingly hiding.

Merilan
2022-05-25, 04:24 PM
Xiahe looks a bit curious when Cham is unable to recall the details of the last guest, but gently pats the moogle on the shoulder when she breaks out in tears. "'Tis best to not second guess ourselves too much, lest we be wrapped in our doubts forever."

She looks to the book again. "A number of Seeq-like names were under the register last night. Given this village's history with the Seeqs, it is curious. Suffice to say there was ample opportunity for someone to have been able to tail Roderick back to his room to commit the crime."

She tilts her head. "I believe it best to reconvene with everyone, and then investigate the crime scene."

Amoren
2022-05-25, 06:58 PM
The young lad hummed as he eyed the moogle during her confession, turning his head to listen to Xiahe's observation, before following up with a question to the moogle, "What race was the man? Could you tell?"

gac3
2022-05-27, 04:41 PM
'Human. The man last night was definitely human kupo. As for the seeqs, a bunch of half seeqs and other thuggish tallish foks came in last week. They reserved nearly every free room, Kupo. I didn't recognize any of them and they had checked out before the... the... body was found."

Merilan
2022-05-30, 06:33 AM
"All right. I think we should go investigate the scene of the crime... could you let anyone else know we're doing that if they come check in?" Xiahe asks. "Which room was he found in?"

Amoren
2022-05-30, 07:56 PM
The princeling nods, waiting to move with the other cat-eared adventurer to go look over the body. Although he wasn't certain if he'd see anything she'd miss, but more eyes the better, right?

gac3
2022-06-01, 05:45 PM
You are led to the room where Roderick was found. This sparse room contains only a single cot and a writing desk. The cot is a cheap affair with a straw-stuffed mattress, now stained red with blood and stripped of its linens, while the desk is a slightly nicer piece of furniture that has nonetheless been chipped and worn by time. A cracked window in the southern wall is the only exit other than the room’s door

Merilan
2022-06-02, 07:01 PM
Xiahe inspects the straw mattress, and the cracked window. What direction did the glass shards fly in, if any? "What wounds were discovered on the body? We'd best be certain about that... 'tis possible a bolt or arrow came from the outside..."

Xiahe'll take her time to inspect the room. Take 20.

Amoren
2022-06-04, 04:04 AM
"The moogle said his wrists were slit, if I recall," Hako reminded, glancing towards the evidence of where the body was with a frown, so can't take a look at that. "The crack in the window could be a sign of struggle? Some missed throw or someone being slammed against it?"

His attention however drifted towards the writing desk, searching through it to see if there was some journal or notes from the now dead man, particularly looking for where any small space might be used to shove something quickly and have it not been seen too easily on a search.

[roll0]