PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Increasing the movement caused by the Telekinetic Feat?

Citadel97501
2022-04-25, 07:48 AM
Hello all, I was wondering if there was anything that lets you increase the movement caused by the Telekinetic feat's shove?

Unoriginal
2022-04-25, 08:07 AM
Hello all, I was wondering if there was anything that lets you increase the movement caused by the Telekinetic feat's shove?

I don't think there is. At least, I haven't found anything.

PhantomSoul
2022-04-25, 08:18 AM
Nothing that I think would fi what you have in mind (though usually 5 ft is decent for avoiding Opportunity Attacks and/or configuring the battlefield for AoEs), but I suppose you might still be on board with "pseudo-extensions": pushing them into another effect causing forced movement (I think pushing off a cliff is probably more obvious and too situational to fit the question, though!).

KorvinStarmast
2022-04-25, 08:39 AM
I wish it were the standard 10' shove or pull. *shrugs* I use it; it's most beneficial use case has been to allow an ally to withdraw while avoiding an OA, and me a couple of times. (Paladin, Telekinetic, Charisma).

RogueJK
2022-04-25, 09:14 AM
No, but you can pair it with other forced movement Actions for longer total distances in a turn. Stuff like the Gust or Thorn Whip cantrip, Repelling/Grasping Eldritch Blast(s), a Shove in place of an Attack, Swarmkeeper Ranger's Gathered Swarm shove effect on a hit, or an Open Hand Monk's Open Hand Technique shove effect.

Basically a free chance at adding +5' to any of those forced movement Actions.

I use it; it's most beneficial use case has been to allow an ally to withdraw while avoiding an OA, and me a couple of times. (Paladin, Telekinetic, Charisma).

Yep, it can be quite handy for making space to avoid OAs. It can also be nice for creating space for ranged attacks without Disadvantage when fighting in close quarters (nice for EB-focused Warlocks). It also pairs nicely with battlefield hazard spells, as long as an enemy is already adjacent. I've shoved enemies off the edge of cliffs/roofs/bridges with it. And my DM allows me to use it to shove myself 5', so I can move 35'/65' in a turn when needed, and I've even used it to extend my jump distance to clear gaps.

I'm a big fan of the Telekinetic feat on casters who don't already have a frequent use for their bonus actions. In my opinion, it's one of those "sweet spot" feats that's always useful in just about every situation, without being overpowered.

KorvinStarmast
2022-04-25, 11:26 AM
No, but you can pair it with other forced movement Actions for longer total distances in a turn. Basically a free chance at adding +5' to any of those forced movement Actions. The one time I used Moonbeam, I sucessfully shoved an few enemies into the Moonbeam with the feat.

I have also used it to pull an ally toward me.