PDA

View Full Version : Where is Saddle/Howdah/Harness for Dragons or Exotic mounts?

Sicari
2022-04-25, 04:42 PM
Some time ago I read through a 3.x source and there was a consolidated table/list for all manner of riding equipment and I can't for the life of me remember which source I found them in. I've looked through so many supplements and guides/handbooks over the past week or so. I'm going insane. As far as I know they were mundane and were specifically for dragons, but alas they might have been magical and for broader types of mounts. The table/list included a Howdah that was held under the belly and a harness which was basically just saddlebags. Please help me find them. Or am I just crazy?

So far I can confirm that it's not the items in the following sources:

Player Handbook
Complete Adventurer
Arms and Equipment Guide
Dragons of Krynn
Races of Stone

Gruftzwerg
2022-04-25, 08:00 PM
have a look again into Arms and Equipment p78+
Howdah and some saddles can be found there.

Biggus
2022-04-25, 08:19 PM
Some time ago I read through a 3.x source and there was a consolidated table/list for all manner of riding equipment and I can't for the life of me remember which source I found them in. I've looked through so many supplements and guides/handbooks over the past week or so. I'm going insane. As far as I know they were mundane and were specifically for dragons, but alas they might have been magical and for broader types of mounts. The table/list included a Howdah that was held under the belly and a harness which was basically just saddlebags. Please help me find them. Or am I just crazy?

So far I can confirm that it's not the items in the following sources:

Player Handbook
Complete Adventurer
Arms and Equipment Guide
Dragons of Krynn
Races of Stone

I've looked through a lot of books and the only thing I can find that's at all like your description is A&EG p.78-79, but from what you say you've already looked at that?

Edit: bah, Ninja'd

ShurikVch
2022-04-26, 07:15 AM
Saddle of the Inspired Mount (Complete Psionic):

A saddle of the inspired mount automatically adjusts to fit any size mount.
5400 gp

Cavalryman's Saddle (Dragon #334): grants +10' land speed, +5 competence on Jump checks, and benefits of Endurance and Run feats; 8500 gp; since magical saddles should be masterwork - it means they're fit perfectly to the mount of choice

Sicari
2022-04-28, 08:24 PM
Yeah, it's not in A&EG and it's not the saddle ShurikVch mentioned. I guess I'm just nuts, idk.

Biggus
2022-04-29, 06:03 AM
Yeah, it's not in A&EG and it's not the saddle ShurikVch mentioned. I guess I'm just nuts, idk.

Are you looking for a specific saddle? The list in A&EG matches the ones you mentioned in the OP...

ShurikVch
2022-04-29, 09:42 AM
I know - Arms and Equipment Guide was already mentioned, but - how about Sidecar Saddle?

A long mount that is at least two size categories larger than its rider can carry sidecar saddles. This type of exotic saddle hangs off a creature’s side, allowing it to carry passengers without crowding the rider. If a mount is only two size categories larger than the rider (such as a horse carrying a halfling), sidecar saddles must be worn and weighted in pairs to keep the mount from becoming unbalanced. If the mount is three or more size categories larger than the rider (such as a half-orc on an ancient bronze dragon), then the added weight is negligible for the mount and not unbalancing. Riders in a sidecar saddle automatically get one-half cover from attacks coming from the opposite side of the mount.