PDA

View Full Version : Guidelines for researching new Truename utterances (PEACH)

gadren
2022-04-26, 12:40 AM
Fixing other parts of the class aside (I know many people have attempted to do it), I wanted to come up with a simple set of guidelines for a truenamer to research new utterances like a spellcaster can research new spells, since there are so few utterances.

Here's what I came up with:
You are allowed to research new utterances in the same way that spellcasters can research new spells. The easiest way is to replicate existing spells to become utterances, with the following guidelines:
Evolving Mind: Can replicate any single-target spell. An Evolving Mind utterance level is equivalent to 2/3 the equivalent spell level, rounded up.
Crafted Tool: Can replicate any spell that only affects items. A Crafted Tool utterance is equivalent to half the equivalent spell level, rounded up.
Perfected Map: Can replicate any area-effect spell. A Perfected Map utterance is equivalent to half the equivalent spell level, rounded down.

Note: I'm not interested in discussing other problems with the Truenamer (except as they relate to the above), as that has already been covered extensively in other threads.