PDA

View Full Version : 5e Invocation- Eldritch Arrows

BerzerkerUnit
2022-04-26, 08:07 PM
Here’s an idea:

Eldritch Arrows
Prerequisite: Eldritch Blast

When you cast Eldritch Blast you can choose to have the blasts crystallize into deadly arrows or bolts. This ammunition deals 1d10 force damage and ignores environmental penalties due to wind. You can only have a number of such arrows equal to your proficiency bonus in existence at once.

Great for your archers. Pretty bomb for a rogue. Definitely worth dipping for, but I don’t see it as so amazing it outshines all the other nonsense you can dip for.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I could give it a level 5 prereq and add that the arrows deal the damage and additional effects of your Eldritch blasts.

Or there’s this:

Eldritch Arsenal
Prerequisites: Blade Pact
You can summon a pact weapon or piece of ammunition as part of the attack you would make with it. These weapons and ammunition have a +1 to hit and damage and disappear after they hit or miss.

Kane0
2022-04-26, 10:46 PM
Don't forget bullets as well, d10 is only one or two steps better for bows and crossbows but three steps better for slings. Ignoring wind penalties is a nice touch, though I think you can wrap both of these together if you keep the level requirement.

So say something like this:

Bewitched Munitions
Prerequisites: 5th level, Eldritch Blast cantrip
When you cast Eldritch Blast you can choose to instead produce one magical arrow, bolt or bullet in your hand for each beam you would normally make. When you or someone else makes a ranged weapon attack using one of these pieces of ammunition they ignore penalties on their attack roll due to strong winds and deal 1d10 Force damage on a hit. In addition, any creature that takes damage from one of these pieces of ammunition are also treated as being hit by your Eldritch Blast for the purposes of any other Eldritch Invocations you possess*.

You can have a number of magic munitions equal to your proficiency bonus at once, if you create more then the oldest disappear.

*Due to the wording of Lance of Lethargy and Grasp of Hadar they wouldn't apply from other creatures using this ammo, but Agonizing and Repelling would.

Garfunion
2022-04-28, 02:33 PM
Bewitched Munitions
Prerequisites: 5th level, Eldritch Blast cantrip

You can use a bonus action to touch one to three pieces of ammunition or darts and imbue them with eldritch power. The damage die of the darts or the weapon used to fire the ammunition becomes a 1d10 force damage when used by you.
If you hit a creature with a bewitched munition, you can apply an eldritch blast invocation that you know.
This invocation’s effect last until the end of your next turn.

(I like the name of the invocation Kane0 made so I’m re-using it.)

I modeled this invocation off of the magic stone cantrip.