PDA

View Full Version : Sources of Bonuses to Ability Scores omissions

Biggus
2022-04-28, 06:58 AM
Over on Min/Max Boards is an excellent resource many of you will know called Sources of Bonuses to Ability Scores (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=176.0) compiled by our own Maat Mons. It's no longer being updated and I've noticed a few omissions so I decided to start a supplemental thread here listing them, if you're aware of any others please let me know and I'll add them.

All ability scores

Spells
Chasing Perfection: Cleric 6, Druid 6, Sorcerer/Wizard 6; +4 all (enh), Players Handbook 2 106

Strength

Feats
Animal Devotion: +2 to +8 Str (sacred) for 1 minute; Complete Champion 54
Involuntary Rage: +4 Str +4 Con (untyped) until end of combat when you succeed on a save against massive damage; Savage Species 36
Pain Mastery: +2 Str (untyped) for every 50 damage taken until end of encounter; Savage Species 37

Items
Ring of the White Wyrm: +8 Str +2 Con +2 Int +2 Cha (racial); 64,000GP; Frostburn 111

Spells
Holy Transformation: Cleric 7; +4 Str (sacred) +4 Con (sacred), Spell Compendium 116
Holy Transformation, Lesser: Cleric 4; +2 Str (sacred) +2 Con (sacred), Spell Compendium 116
Infernal Transformation: Cleric 7; +4 Str (profane) +4 Con (profane), Spell Compendium 122
Infernal Transformation, Lesser: Cleric 4; +2 Str (profane) +2 Con (profane), Spell Compendium 122
Righteous Fury: Paladin 3; +4 Str (sacred), Spell Compendium 177 [updated version]

Constitution

Feats
Involuntary Rage: +4 Str +4 Con (untyped) until end of combat when you succeed on a save against massive damage; Savage Species 36

Items
Ring of the White Wyrm: +8 Str +2 Con +2 Int +2 Cha (racial); 64,000GP; Frostburn 111

Spells
Holy Transformation: Cleric 7; +4 Str (sacred) +4 Con (sacred), Spell Compendium 116
Holy Transformation, Lesser: Cleric 4; +2 Str (sacred) +2 Con (sacred), Spell Compendium 116
Infernal Transformation: Cleric 7; +4 Str (profane) +4 Con (profane), Spell Compendium 122
Infernal Transformation, Lesser: Cleric 4; +2 Str (profane) +2 Con (profane), Spell Compendium 122
Renewed Vigor: Bard 5, Cleric 4, Druid 4; +2 Con (untyped), Players Handbook 2 123

Intelligence

Items

Charisma

Items

pabelfly
2022-04-28, 09:49 AM
Animal Devotion can give from +2 to +8 STR

Biggus
2022-04-29, 06:32 AM
Animal Devotion can give from +2 to +8 STR

Thank you, added.

remetagross
2022-04-29, 10:24 AM
The Belt of Magnificence from Miniatures Handbook adds a +2 to +6 enhancemen bonus to all ability scores.

Biggus
2022-04-30, 09:40 AM
The Belt of Magnificence from Miniatures Handbook adds a +2 to +6 enhancemen bonus to all ability scores.

Thank you, but that's outside the remit of the original thread as it only lists magic items which provide bonuses other than enhancement (I presume there are so many it would have cluttered the thread up).

ben-zayb
2022-04-30, 10:30 AM
Feats from Savage Species
Pain Mastery: For every 50 damage you take, you gain +2 untyped bonus to STR until end of encounter. You become exhausted after. Presumably it stacks.
Involuntary Rage: If you pass a Fort save for massive damage from an attack, you gain +4 untyped bonus to STR and CON and a -2 untyped penalty to AC until end of combat. You become fatigued after.

Biggus
2022-05-01, 07:37 AM
Feats from Savage Species
Pain Mastery: For every 50 damage you take, you gain +2 untyped bonus to STR until end of encounter. You become exhausted after. Presumably it stacks.
Involuntary Rage: If you pass a Fort save for massive damage from an attack, you gain +4 untyped bonus to STR and CON and a -2 untyped penalty to AC until end of combat. You become fatigued after.

Good call, added.

Endarire
2022-05-08, 08:34 PM
I request you also post this in the MinMax Handbook Forum. The info is useful! Talk with the moderators there about making a new post that includes this new info and the old info.

Thankee!

Biggus
2022-05-21, 07:50 AM
I request you also post this in the MinMax Handbook Forum. The info is useful! Talk with the moderators there about making a new post that includes this new info and the old info.

Thankee!

I finally got round to doing this, it's awaiting approval. I'll post a link here to the combined version when it's up.