PDA

View Full Version : Greater invisibility Pathfinder.

AJ10pin
2022-04-29, 05:16 PM
Hi there,

So scenario, I have an dragon with greater invisibility I’m wanting to do a flyby attack with grabbing a player.

Does that player become invisible and also would I be able to drop them at the end of the fly speed or would I have to wait for the next round.

Players can teleport with boots so I’m guessing /pretty sure if that player gets the attack then they will do teleport, will they have to wait till their turn to do this in response to falling and also would it provoke an AoO for the dragon?

The encounter is “part 2 of Sins of the Saviors RotR” if that helps.

Thanks in advance

AJ

Peelee
2022-04-29, 07:20 PM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Jack_Simth
2022-04-29, 08:13 PM
The PC stays visible. Grabbed gear would, too, until it's put in a container that was in hand at the time of casting.

KillianHawkeye
2022-04-30, 12:20 AM
If activating their teleport is anything greater than an immediate action, they can't activate it before falling.

Rynjin
2022-04-30, 12:26 AM
1.) The dragon can grab them, but the PC stays visible (unless swallowed).

2.) Dropping someone is a free action, you can do it at any time.

3.) Creatures and objects fall at a rate of 500 feet per round, so unless he's carrying the PC higher than 500 feet before dropping them, there is no "next turn" in the air, they just slam into the ground and take damage.
-----3b.) It wouldn't provoke because they're well out of attack range of the dragon at that point.

AJ10pin
2022-04-30, 12:23 PM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Thanks I realised after I had it in the wrong area so didn’t know how to move it.

Also thank you everyone for replying you’ve confirmed what I though the only difference is player stays visible.

Peelee
2022-04-30, 02:46 PM
Thanks I realised after I had it in the wrong area so didn’t know how to move it.

Short version is you can't.

Long version is you can't, but you can use the Report Post button on the opening post of a thread you made in the wrong forum and just let the mods know and we can use our fancy mod powers to move it for you.