View Full Version : Auromar, IC 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Lochar
2007-11-25, 04:36 PM
(This is the second IC thread.

guardinal
2007-11-25, 05:04 PM
Anu
After the party's discussion of loot allotment and distribution over dinner, Anura seems relatively satisfied. Sometime before turning in for the night she spends some time studying the empty library, as if trying to fix every detail of this location into her mind. She also commands her clothing to resume its original appearance- a comfortable skirt, shirt, and vest in a conservative style.

The next morning she rises earlier than normal, as she has been doing in recent days, and studies the sacret tome recovered at Krista's tree for an hour after completing her spell memorization for the day.

When the morning's search of the city yields no new findings, she shrugs.

"Seems like we've seen all there is to see, at least for now. So, back to the dryad's grove for a quick visit, and then back to Eras? Reid, Grazys, are you sure neither of you want to question that elf's body before we leave? It might be worth knowing who else might be taking an interest in this city."

Toliudar
2007-11-25, 05:05 PM
Reid

Reid is doing some math in his head. He smiles broadly at his companions.

Friends, if my calculations are right, tomorrow is the Feast of New Light, a sacred day for those of Pelor. I know that you are not of the faith, but, perhaps when we reach our dryad friends, if all of you would -

He bites his lip.

If you would consent to share food with me in sacred communion, it would mean a great deal to me.

He pauses and turns to Freeman.

I believe that Pelor's sun shines on all of us - the food is a symbol of our dependence on the light. Simply joining us at the circle is all I ask.

guardinal
2007-11-25, 05:08 PM
Anu
Anura shrugs.

"As you wish."

Toliudar
2007-11-25, 05:44 PM
Reid

The priest nods gratefully.

As for the elf's form - we should, at the least, see to a burial for the strange man. If Grazys wishes to do so, I will certainly give over to him. Do we wish to know how he made it this far into the forest safely, or perhaps whether he knows where the elves of this city have gone?

nekosama
2007-11-25, 06:38 PM
Freeman

"Reid, I would happily partake of your food. I have no need to eat but I have experience in eating of many different types of food. I do not eat often because if is solely for experimentation and is wasteful when there are so many hungry beings in the world."

guardinal
2007-11-25, 08:18 PM
Reid

The priest nods gratefully.

As for the elf's form - we should, at the least, see to a burial for the strange man. If Grazys wishes to do so, I will certainly give over to him. Do we wish to know how he made it this far into the forest safely, or perhaps whether he knows where the elves of this city have gone?

Anura
"I'd say both answers would be good to know. As well as where he came from, and who sent him to Auromar."

Greyen
2007-11-25, 11:18 PM
Dothen

Dothen makes a face and sticks out his tounge at the talk of interrogating the dead guy. He does turn to Reid and say I'd be happy to join ya in yer feast day Reid, ya just have to teach me what ta cook. Dothen is in higher spirits now that he has rested and seems to be moving a little easier this morning.

Toliudar
2007-11-26, 12:06 AM
Reid

The young priest grins.

Well, I rather thought that I could provide you with the raw materials, in the form of Pelor's holy food, but while his food is wholesome, as you know, it's a bit...bland. There are no specific foods for the ritual - simply the sharing of food, and a few prayers - so any flavour that you can provide will be MUCH appreciated.

Tell me, though, Dothen. Are your arms feeling better? I could certainly prepare additional prayers to assist with any aches you might still be feeling.

Greyen
2007-11-26, 02:37 AM
Dothen

Naw, these old grapplers are doing good after last night. Just takes some time. Some new souvenirs of this place. Dothen grins as he rubs at the new scars. Well, days wasting lets get a move on I hear a ale ....or six ....or eight calling me. Dothen lifts his pack and goes outside where he starts knotting his rope and lowering it to the ground the big heavy knot first. After he ties it too the tree branch carefully then goes down first to serve as an anchor on the rope.

Take 20 on Use Rope (total - 30) to make a knotted rope ladder for the team.

Toliudar
2007-11-26, 10:08 AM
Reid

The priest's prayers that morning are more joyous and song-ful (if not particuarly in-tune-ful) than usual.

Gathering up his belongings, Reid is careful to slide his hand along the side of the tree the building with the book is fixed to, and he smiles eagerly at Anura.

Shall we go say hello to some friends?

guardinal
2007-11-26, 10:46 AM
Anu
When everyone is ready, Anura invokes the ring's powers and opens the gateway. When all are through, she follows.

Greyen
2007-11-26, 10:50 AM
Dothen

Seeing the portal Dothen quickly gathers up his rope and slices off the unused protion before trotting throught he portal. He grins, saying to Anura Forgot about that nifty thing. as he passes through.

Lochar
2007-11-26, 12:47 PM
Everyone steps through the tree, with Anura following last. You all step through to the main trunk of Yggdrasil. Anura then turns and opens the portal back to the tree, this time at ground level.

guardinal
2007-11-26, 02:52 PM
(OOC: Oops, I thought from Reid's comment we had decided to go back to the dryad grove now...)

Anura
"Interesting. I wasn't sure that would work."

Toliudar
2007-11-26, 07:41 PM
Reid

[I had thought so, too. But we could certainly chat with Krista as well, if desired.]

Reid lays a reverant hand on Yggsdrasil's trunk, and cranes his neck to look up to the massive canopy.

Kind of reminds you how small and unimportant we are, yes?

Lochar
2007-11-26, 07:47 PM
((You've been told, that you can only step through a tree to Yggdrasil, and then from there to any tree you've touched. It's a two step process.))

guardinal
2007-11-27, 01:15 AM
Reid
Reid lays a reverant hand on Yggsdrasil's trunk, and cranes his neck to look up to the massive canopy.

Kind of reminds you how small and unimportant we are, yes?

Anu
Anura contemplates the tree a long moment along with Reid.

"That is one way to look at it. And it is certainly true from the perspective of an ageless being like Yggdrasil, or Lady Krista," Anura holds up the hand so that the dryad's ring catches the light briefly. "But it might also remind us that we are involved in momentous events, at least as far as our little world is concerned. Consider that we have played a pivotal role in healing this continent. What might have happened had we slain the dryads instead of saving them, and failed to learn of Krista's fate? And restoring Krista was no easy task, and by no means assured. If we had failed against the treant, or failed to raise Krista, how differently would Auromar's future be?" The young wizard smiles broadly. "And this was only in our first week here. Who can say what else we might accomplish before our travels are done?"

When all are ready, she opens the portal anew, concentrating on the base of the tree in the city that the group just left.

Toliudar
2007-11-27, 11:21 AM
Reid

The young priest steps into the tree eagerly, and emerges - a bit confused to be back in the elven city.

I'm sorry. I thought we were headed on to - have you brought us back to deal with the body of the crazy elf?

GimliFett
2007-11-27, 01:11 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder looks at Reid, a frown furrowing his brow. "Have some respect fer tha dead, Pelorite," he says curtly. He stares at the priest for a moment longer, then bursts out laughing and slaps Reid's back good-naturedly. "Sorry, mate. Couldn't resist!" he says in-between guffaws.

guardinal
2007-11-27, 01:26 PM
Reid

The young priest steps into the tree eagerly, and emerges - a bit confused to be back in the elven city.

I'm sorry. I thought we were headed on to - have you brought us back to deal with the body of the crazy elf?

Anu
"Yes. Sorry for not explaining. I just wanted to see how exact this 'gateway' can be. How interesting that we seem to be able to travel not just to specific trees, but to specific parts of trees." She looks up at the canopy overhead. "I wonder if we could have entered the Safekeep vaults the same way."

Greyen
2007-11-27, 01:30 PM
Dothen

First trees and now dead guys? What has come over you man? Dothen says with a wink, sharing Grazys chuckle.

As for getting into the vaults that would have been too easy. No doubt the elves protected themselves with some sort of magics against that. Well if there was any magic left in that place beyond the hidden areas we found.

Why are we back here any ways?

guardinal
2007-11-27, 01:51 PM
Anu
"I believe Grazys was going to try and question that strange elf's corpse."

Anura stands ready to follow the others back to where the elf's body is.

Greyen
2007-11-27, 02:03 PM
Dothen

Oh, well he's this way. Dothen leads them over to the crumpled body of the elf. After pointing it out he loosens his bow and walks a slight distance away, giving the casters room to work their stuff and keeping watch.

GimliFett
2007-11-27, 02:20 PM
Grazys Senneker

When the group arrives at the corpse, Grazys kneels down next to it and readies himself. He looks at his companions and asks, "Right. We wanna know how he made it this far into the forest safely, whether he knows where the elves of this city have gone, where he came from and who sent him to Auromar. That'd be four questions, which is how many I've got. Anything else more relevant we'd rather ask? I don't much like the second one, it's a yes-no with no opportunity for solid information. Maybe what does he know about the elves themselves or regarding their departure."

Edit...

Toliudar
2007-11-27, 06:06 PM
Reid

The priest nods.

Those sound like good questions, and your point about the elves of the city is a good one. I'd start with the one about the elves of this city, so that if he says something that you want to follow up on, you've got the room to do so.

guardinal
2007-11-28, 09:36 AM
Anu
Anura also nods but adds nothing aloud.

GimliFett
2007-11-28, 09:54 AM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys nods his head, then bows in concentration. After what seems like an eternity of silence, he looks up and opens his eyes, but continues to stare at the corpse. "What do ya know of tha people who lived here?" he asks.

Lochar
2007-11-28, 10:00 AM
The corpse struggles for a moment, the will of it's former soul overridden by Grazys questions. It's eyes open and a hollow voice speaks.

"They are wood elves, cousins to the wood elves of my clan."

GimliFett
2007-11-28, 10:09 AM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys purses his lips in irritation and stares at the ground. "Oy. Question was too vague. Movin' on, then. We'll see if he knows where they went," he says with a sigh. He looks back at the corpse. "Where did they go from here?"

Lochar
2007-11-28, 10:18 AM
Through the portal, to where I do not know.

Toliudar
2007-11-28, 11:38 AM
Reid

Reid nods. Another dead end, but not particularly unexpected. They would just have to unravel that mystery themselves.

GimliFett
2007-11-28, 11:53 AM
Grazys Senneker

"How'd ya made it this far into tha forest safely?" Grazys asks undaunted by another dead end question, though it seemed they'd gotten an answer to an unasked question in why the elf had come: blood ties of some sort.

Lochar
2007-11-28, 01:11 PM
I stayed along the water's edge and the forest, until I saw signs in script of resting and climbed the trees to investigate.

GimliFett
2007-11-28, 01:16 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder faces his friends once more. "I've got one question left. I was thinkin' of askin' "whot was your mission here?" Whaddya'll think?"

nekosama
2007-11-28, 02:22 PM
Freeman

"You seem to be doing fine. Ask whatever you want."

Toliudar
2007-11-28, 03:24 PM
Reid

The priest nodded.

If there are organizations sending agents on specific tasks in this swiftly-opening continent, it would be useful to know it.

guardinal
2007-11-28, 04:47 PM
Anu
"I agree. But perhaps knowing who sent him would be more useful to know than why. Even just knowing what clan he belonged to would give us something to go on."

GimliFett
2007-11-28, 05:19 PM
Grazys Senneker

"A good point, Anura," the binder concedes with a nod. Grazys turns back to the elf's corpse. "Specifically who sent ya ta tha elven city?"

Lochar
2007-11-28, 05:29 PM
Elder Mintan Woodwin. With the last of your questions answered, the corpse shudders and is silent once more.

Toliudar
2007-11-28, 05:42 PM
Reid

Reid quickly makes the sign of the rising sun.

Divine gift or no, that ritual always sends a shiver down me.

He shakes it off, and gestures to the elf's body.

Not that there are a lot of scavengers around right now, but I suppose we should prepare a burial for him. Or do think a pyre would be more respectful?

He draws a shovel out of his pack.

guardinal
2007-11-28, 06:19 PM
Anu
"Burial would be more appropriate, I would think."

Anura finds a comfortable place to sit and pulls out her spellbook, clearly having no intention of participating in the digging.

nekosama
2007-11-28, 06:45 PM
Freeman

"Pick the spot and I can dig the hole fast. Dug my share of trenches and graves during the war."

Toliudar
2007-11-28, 10:53 PM
[B]Reid/B]

Reid gratefully places the shovel into the much larger hands of the warforged.

Away from the main roots of this tree, but still close enough to be under its shade and protection, I'd say. About here?

nekosama
2007-11-29, 12:38 AM
Freeman

Freeman starts digging at a fast pace and keeps the pace up till the grave is dug.

"I am pretty sure this should be deep enough."

Toliudar
2007-11-29, 02:06 AM
Reid

Reid nods, and gently lifts the crushed body of the elf into the grave. Smoothing the man's clothes, he steps back to let Freeman complete his task, and murmurs a prayer for the departed soul to reach its desired place of rest.

nekosama
2007-11-29, 04:14 AM
Freeman

After the prayers Freeman fills the hole back in but at a bit more somber a pace. Once the filled back in he says. "I guess with that now done we are traveling back to the dryad camp and then to the city. That is what was agree on the other night right? Well if that is right we aught to get moving."

Greyen
2007-11-29, 06:39 AM
Dothen

Dothen walks back over to the group, still keeping an eye out for trouble. Ahh, good, done with the nasty woogie bit. An ya already buried 'im. Well I'm sure he was a good soldier doing what he was tol' even if he was a bit overzealous. Dothen shrugs as if to say Who knows?

Shall we head off to go hunt some wooden girlies now?

Toliudar
2007-11-29, 09:47 AM
Reid

Woogie?

Reid washes off his hands with a little water from his canteen. He does an abysmal job of concealing his enthusiasm.

Right! Ready when you are.

guardinal
2007-11-29, 01:02 PM
Anu
While the graves are being dug, Anura fills her empty higher-level spell slots with seven 'phantom steed' castings.

"Everyone ready, then? I suggest we keep the visit with the dryads short."

When all signal their readiness, Anura opens a tree-portal back to Yggdrasil for the group, and then another back to the dryad's grove.

GimliFett
2007-11-29, 01:14 PM
Grazys Senneker

"Damned handy way ta get 'bout, eh?" the binder asks no one in particular as the group comes through the portal once more to stand in the dryad's grove. "So we got some answers, but maybe not tha ones we would've liked, I think. Still, maybe Reid can message tha name back ta his superiors and find out what they know 'bout this Elder Mintarn Woodwin, hm?"

Lochar
2007-11-29, 01:51 PM
The group passes through first to Yggdrasil, and then to the dryad grove. It is quiet there as you enter, but after only a few minutes, the dryads climb down out of one of the trees, chattering to themselves before greeting you all.

Kisha nods to you all. "Welcome back. Did you find anything in the elven city?"

Sarai smiles shyly and waves to Reid from where she is, leaning against the trunk of her tree.

guardinal
2007-11-29, 07:48 PM
Anu
Anura smiles as the dryads descend to greet them.

"We did, actually. It seems the elves left this world for another, by way of a magical gateway. But they left instructions for opening the gateway once more, and bringing them back. The magics involved are beyond any of us at the moment, unfortunately."

Toliudar
2007-11-29, 09:24 PM
Reid

As the group steps through, Reid immediately looks for Sarai. As the dryads descends, he stands stolidly in place, trying to figure out what to do with his hands. Her wave gives him an idea, and he enthusiastically waves back.

Enthusiasm seems to be the word for the day, now. He quickly adds to Anura's description of events, describing with what rough poetry he can muster the soaring trees and the homes woven in and among them.

We've found a little of their writings, and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Anura finds a way to open the portal and bring them back. In the meantime, though...

He steps forward and settles awkwardly into a kneeling position.

This is a holy day for those of my faith. I have...no family to celebrate with here on this continent, and all of you are becoming friends. The ceremony will not take too long, I suppose-

He shoots Anura a brief glance.

But simply involves a shared meal, a few prayers, perhaps a simple hymn that I'd be happy to teach. Won't take more than an hour. Will you join us?

Hoping for the best, he begins the long, complex chant that asks Pelor for the blessing of manna.

Casting Create Food and Water.

Greyen
2007-11-29, 11:34 PM
Dothen

Dothen sauters through the portal and looks around. He shoots a grin to Reid and begins to set up shop to cook the meal. After cooking he participates in the ceremony.

guardinal
2007-11-30, 11:54 AM
Anu
Anura will politely share in the meal and celebration, though she will decline to pray to or sing hymns in praise of Pelor.

GimliFett
2007-11-30, 12:51 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder happily participates in Reid's ritual, glad to be enjoying good companions and good friends. Given his own vocation and means of gaining power, Grazys has no problem joining the hymns and prayers. "Jus' hope he doesn' mind a blasphemer participatin', eh?" he asks Reid at one point.

Greyen
2007-11-30, 12:53 PM
Dothen

Edit- Nevermind, stop is not for the night. Carry on. :smallcool:
Will bring out his flute for the end of the evening and move off into the woods a ways. His clumsy flute playing not always good, but not always horrid.

If anyone goes out to him he is out by himself playing and dancing in the quiet of the forest. Obviously engrossed he probably does not notice anyone not bing too obtrusive.

Perform Dance [roll0]
Perform Flute [roll1]

Lochar
2007-11-30, 01:24 PM
The dryads share in Reid's offering, and also bring out a very few berries and clean water. Kisha smiles to you all. "It's not much, what we can add, but it is the first offerings of the forest in trying to regrow itself."

Sarai, once Reid is finished casting, calmly walks up next to him and sits down, picking at the food he has conjured. She doesn't say anything, but attempts to brush her hand with Reid's occasionally.

((OOC: I was fairly certain, Greyen, that this was only going to be an hour's stop, not for the day.))

Toliudar
2007-11-30, 05:21 PM
Reid

The priest speaks the prayers and rituals with a certain shy stiffness, but it's clear that his heart is in them. The hymn is a simple one, designed for children, and it brings a huge smile forth when he belts it out.

Grazys' question draws a surprised look from Reid. Blasphemy is an act, not a state of being, friend. We are all together under the sun, here.

The food, thanks to Dothen's care and skill, is considerably better than might otherwise be forthcoming, especially as it is garnished with the fresh berries.

As the meal concludes, Reid fairly beams - and not just because of the "casual" touch of Sarai's hand.

Friends, we are privileged to count among us keepers of the beauty and glory of Auromar's past, warriors who fought in the war against the One to secure Auromar's present, and brave spirits who work to secure a safer and more harmonious future for this place. I was sent here with a vision to rescue souls, but it is my own soul that is now endangered - for I feel this place is becoming a kind of second home for me. Thank you, all of you, for your strength, kindness and wisdom.

He raises a glass of the dryads' water in toast.

To a sunnier future for Auromar!

After gathering up the leftovers, Reid will be good to go. He will try to be close enough to Sarai for a chaste peck on the cheek at departure.

Lochar
2007-11-30, 09:39 PM
The dryads give you all a fond farewell as Anura begins speaking the words to summon the magical steeds. It takes her a while to cast all of them, but after a while, six steeds stand ready to take you back to Eras. Kisha looks between Reid and Sarai, smiling at the two of you.

@Reid (And anyone paying attention to him)
Sarai jumps a little when you initiate the kiss, but smiles at you when you step away. She steps forward and takes you hand, smiling. She kisses the same cheek you kissed, and then backs up. "Come back and see us soon, Reid. Please?"

You all mount and leave, the trees passing you by quickly as the mounts drive forward. It takes only an hour to make the distance to the edge of the forest, and another seven hours pass quietly as you make half the distance back to Eras before the first of the horses start to flag.

guardinal
2007-12-01, 01:39 AM
Anu
Anura seems glad to be traveling again. When the group starts to dismount, she does so as well. Once with her feet on the ground again, she stretches and smiles.

"It will be good to sleep in a real bed again for a change. Back in Eras tomorrow, do you think? Or the night after?"

Apart from helping Dothen with any cooking duties, Anura will read through the elf's report and simple map while there is light to do so.

"By the by, that Elder Woodwin that the elf's corpse mentioned is a person of real influence among the wood elves. I'm not sure if he's a spellcaster, but he would certainly know who among the ranks of elven wizards might have the power and skills to craft the portal key. He shouldn't be too hard make contact with, should we decide to do so."

Greyen
2007-12-01, 01:41 AM
Dothen

Dothen makes sure he touches the last tree on the edge of the forest before they break into the open. When they break into the clear Dothen lets a whooping cry let loose. Yahooo! Free of the forest! Been in there a almost a month before ya'll found me. Whooee! Real beer here we come!

guardinal
2007-12-01, 12:05 PM
Anu
Anura blinks at Dothen's actions as they leave the forest, then does the same with a smile.

"A good idea."

She tries to take note of any change in the ring as they leave the forest's boundaries.

Toliudar
2007-12-01, 04:36 PM
Reid

Reid is beamingly withdrawn as they journey to the edge of the forest, although he does sing the samn hymn several times over the course of the trip. He too touches several trees at the edge of the forest as they break into the flatlands outside of Eras.

Although he smiles at Dothen and Anu's words about returning to the city, he doesn't join in their celebration.

As they make camp, Reid is pensive in responding to Anura's comments.

I'm hoping we'll make it to Eras tomorrow. I...could try to reach Elder Woodwin tomorrow, by Sending or scrying. Perhaps there might be a way for us to confer at a distance to better expedite the opening of the gate.

guardinal
2007-12-01, 05:11 PM
Reid
I'm hoping we'll make it to Eras tomorrow. I...could try to reach Elder Woodwin tomorrow, by Sending or scrying. Perhaps there might be a way for us to confer at a distance to better expedite the opening of the gate.

Anu
Anura looks impressed. "Really? I was thinking that we'd have to send a letter or a messenger, but using magic would certainly make things easier. But the arcane version of 'scrying' requires either some kind of physical link to the person, or at least secondhand knowledge of the target on the part of the caster. And the arcane version of 'sending' requires firsthand knowledge of the target. Do the divine versions work differently? Or have you met this Elder Woodwin before?"

Am I correct in thinking that the results of Anura's successful 'lore' check are not sufficient to count as 'secondhand knowledge' for the purposes of casting a scrying spell to target Elder Woodwin?

Lochar
2007-12-01, 05:55 PM
The sense of belonging fades when you leave the forest's borders.

@AnuraCorrect about the scrying.

Toliudar
2007-12-01, 08:40 PM
Reid

The priest stammers a bit.

The honour of knowing Elder Woodwin is not mine. Certainly, in the past, I've had better success in reaching out to friends than acquaintances, but we know the name and race of the elder, and that he is a spellcaster of some power. You think that won't be sufficient?

I'll wait for a clarification on this as well, Lochar. Perhaps other DM's interpretations of 'familiar' has been laxer - generally, if I've had a name, I've been able to scry - or, at least, to attempt to.

guardinal
2007-12-01, 10:08 PM
Reid

The priest stammers a bit.

The honour of knowing Elder Woodwin is not mine. Certainly, in the past, I've had better success in reaching out to friends than acquaintances, but we know the name and race of the elder, and that he is a spellcaster of some power. You think that won't be sufficient?

Anu
Anura shrugs, but doesn't look too optimistic. "Not for a successful attempt, no. I agree that he is most likely a spellcaster. And in my experience, spellcasters of any sort are not easy to scry on even if you do know them firsthand, or have some kind of connection to them. They tend to have strong wills to begin with, of course, and are likely to have wards against such magic if they have a lot of enemies. Elder Woodwin was instrumental in the elven efforts to oppose the One for a long time, so the fact that he is still around means he is probably very well protected. And of course he may not appreciate being targeted by such magic from strangers. But I guess we could try, if we decide we can't wait to just send a more mundane message. If nothing else it will get his attention, and perhaps give him cause to seek us out."

Toliudar
2007-12-02, 02:14 AM
Reid

The priest shrugs.

Then I propose we do both. I'll send to Father Thodor tonight with a request to contact Elder Woodkin, and ask him to reach out to us. Once we get back to Eras, I can set up my portable altar, and we can take the chance - however slim, as you say - to contact the Elder directly.

Barring further discussion on the subject, Reid will settle by the fire and begin a slow, plaintive chant. At the end of it, he speaks slowly and clearly:

We found deserted tree city. Believe wood elf Elder Woodwin may have information to activate portal, free elves to return. Find him to contact us?

Casting Sending, directed to Father Thodor, in case it wasn't obvious.

Lochar
2007-12-02, 03:42 PM
@Reid:
Will attempt. He is very reclusive. It will take at least a few weeks to get a message to them and reply back.

Toliudar
2007-12-02, 04:08 PM
Reid

Completing his prayer, Reid opens his eyes again, and grimaces.

The good news is that Father Thodor has heard of Woodkin. The bad news is that he estimates that getting a message to and back from him will take weeks. Even if he then is able to contact us directly, cutting half of that time off, that's still significant - we may need to be prepared to act without him. Unfortunately.

Barring further conversation, the weary priest settles in, in hopes of beautiful dreams of...well, dreams.

guardinal
2007-12-03, 01:58 AM
Anu
Anura nods. "Well done."

Greyen
2007-12-03, 07:57 AM
Dothen

Dothen makes dinner for the night, and sets up camp as usual. He is in high spirits with the possibility of a real beer coming soon. After dinner is cleaned up he moves off into the night a short ways and begins to quietly play his flute.

GimliFett
2007-12-03, 01:48 PM
Grazys Senneker

As he lounges after the evening meal, Grazys looks at his sleeping friends and smiles. "Great! We're already tha most accomplished folks -- as far as gettin' things done -- on this continent, and now we're workin' on bringin' a whole city-state of elves back. What kind'a hacks were here 'fore us, I wonder?" he asks Dothen and Freeman since they're the only ones still awake aside from himself.

Greyen
2007-12-03, 02:06 PM
Dothen

Weeell, the hacks I wuz runnin' round with before you folks came along were her for looting and pillaging not saving. Prolly a good thing they got eaten by trees if I think about it too hard. Probably lotsa folks out here with the same mind set. Snatch some left behind goodies and set yerself up as a duke or king of something. I had some thoughts about that when I came here. Not anymore mind you, but I did have some thoughts on gettin rich easy and living good off the fat of the land. No one tells you that the fat of the land is poisonous here before you get on that boat.

GimliFett
2007-12-03, 03:36 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder chuckles at Dothen's comments. "I hadn't planned on bein' so altruistic, m'self. Jus' plannin' on lookin' for new magic, mebbe some lost vestiges. I dunno. That barkeep's story brought somethin' outta me that's not been there since I was a kid, I think. 'Swhy I'm returnin' his family axe ta him. It jus' feels right, ya know?" he asks with a shrug. "'Sides, I love explorin' and learnin', so this is a perfect opportunity, there, hm?"

Toliudar
2007-12-03, 06:08 PM
Reid

Reid nods at Grazys' point, a bit sleepily.

Absolutely. Whatever might be gained by simply breaking things apart is as nothing to the rewards of rebuilding something, restoring something to at least a shadow of it's former liveliness.

Greyen
2007-12-04, 03:08 PM
Dothen

Get some sleep you two. We have a long road tomorrow, we can pick up this conversation then. Me and Freeman have got it. Says Dothen moving a little ways off into the darkness to keep watch over his sleeping comrades.

Lochar
2007-12-04, 03:24 PM
The night passes without issue, and actually is eerily quiet since there is no wildlife. The only sounds are the dry brush in the wind.

In the morning the sun rises to a somewhat cloudy day. The wind is blowing lightly from the northwest.

guardinal
2007-12-04, 03:48 PM
Anu
Anura prepares and summons seven phantom steeds as before for the group.

GimliFett
2007-12-04, 03:52 PM
Grazys Senneker

As Anura prepares the group's transportation and the others rouse from slumber, Grazys paces back and forth, though from nerves or excitement it is difficult to tell. "Oy! Tonight we sleep in beds once more!"

Greyen
2007-12-04, 04:02 PM
Dothen

Dothen jokingly says while cleaning up breakfast. Ach! Grazys, you bastard. Now I don't know what to do first have a beer or sleep in a real bed. Maybe I'll just drink my beer in the bed!

GimliFett
2007-12-04, 04:06 PM
Grazys Senneker

Snickering at the tiefling's comment, Grazys turns and winks at Dothen. "I live to serve, mate!"

guardinal
2007-12-04, 04:25 PM
Anu
Anura smiles somewhat at all the 'witty' banter, but seems somewhat preoccupied during the breaking of camp and the long bouts of summoning.

Toliudar
2007-12-04, 04:36 PM
Reid

The priest's morning prayers are quiet and inobtrusive today. Soon, as he helps clear away the camp site, he is smiling and listening to Dothen and Grazys' banter, without joining in himself.

Glancing back at the mighty forest, Reid sighs.

Soon.

And back to Anu.

Ready when you are, Madam.

Lochar
2007-12-04, 05:13 PM
After an hour the six horses are ready to ride. ((You've only got six people currently Anura, according to my count.)).

After a bit over six hours of riding, you see Eras in the distance. Another ten minutes of riding brings you to the gates.

There are two men standing at the gates, idly chatting. When they see you all ride up, they give you an interested eye.

"Welcome, welcome. Welcome back." The first one says.

The second one coughs, laughing quietly to himself.

The first one gives him an evil look, before looking at you all. "That's what I'm paid to say. So, how are you all? Find anything decent out there? How long have you been out?"

Toliudar
2007-12-04, 06:04 PM
Reid

This boy scout didn't ENTIRELY just fall off the turnip truck. Sense Motive [roll0] to try to discern the two men's actual intent.

The priest waves cheerfully to the two men.

We've been out about a week, and are very happy to be back. We found something wonderful out there - a living forest spirit who had been hemmed in and pinned down by a servant of The One, but whom is now free to begin to restore the forest's natural glory. Praise be.

He starts to guide his mount past the two men and into the city.

Lochar
2007-12-04, 06:45 PM
@Reid:
He's definitely interested in knowing what you all found. He's also being truthful about that was what he was paid to say. There's more he's holding back, but it doesn't seem like a dishonestly held back thing. He actually seemed eager to find out what you found.

"Hmm, interesting. But no treasure?" The man shrugs. "Better luck next time. Or better yet, I hope I have the better luck here in a while when I've paid off my dues and can go out myself."

The second one laughs. "If you'd quit drinking off anything they pay you with, you'd be out of here already, Kirinth."

guardinal
2007-12-04, 07:48 PM
Oops, you're right. Hopefully it would be ok to adjust a 4th level spell slot to something else, then?

Anu
Anura chuckles. "I've heard it said that any adventure you survive should be considered a successful one."

With a friendly nod at the men, she turns her phantom steed towards the gate. Once the group has moved away from the men she will cast a (silenced) 'message' to link up everyone.

"So, shall we get rooms at the inn first, or go submit to inspection? The former is certainly more appealing," she whispers, "but maybe we should see that our discoveries are secured for examination before doing anything else. I also suggest we stay together and very much on guard for now...no wandering off in one's and two's like before."

Lochar
2007-12-04, 07:51 PM
Anura:
Consider it left open. You'd have to spend a few minutes to fill it when you get a chance.

Greyen
2007-12-05, 12:08 AM
Dothen

What are you doing out here Torm? Hassling the explorers? Or doing something productive? Dothen says from under his hat. He is back in his human disguise as a middle aged human. Over the link Dothen whispers Torm works for the city, or at least when I left. If he gives us any trouble a small bribe might just grease our way past him.

Toliudar
2007-12-05, 12:27 AM
Reid

Reid lets the men think what they want to think about their success, or lack thereof. He nods at Dothen's words of wisdom, and whispers back to Anura.

I'd suggest heading straight for the expeditionary office. No point in putting this off.

guardinal
2007-12-05, 01:02 AM
Anu
Anura nods to herself. "Reid is for making our report now. I think I agree," she whispers through the link.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-05, 05:26 AM
Hist

I agree as well. Best to get it done quickly. Hist whispers through the link

Greyen
2007-12-06, 12:09 AM
Dothen

Dothen kicks his horse into movement into the town. Heading directly toward the Expeditionary Office to divide the trasures of the past week. He is careful to move slowly and cautious about vagabonds. Dothen is familiar with the ways of thieves and does not want to fall prey to one. Watch yourselfs in town. There were a few thieves when I left. Now that we return heavy with loot they will want to take it and make it theirs.

nekosama
2007-12-06, 03:08 AM
Freeman

Freeman scans the two men at the gate and other pedestrians with his ability to sense evil. To further help denture any unsavory attention he will ride with his blade in hand.

GimliFett
2007-12-06, 09:51 AM
Grazys Senneker

The binder nods as he follows his friends. "Please. Let's be done with the report and on to more interesting pursuits!"

Lochar
2007-12-06, 10:18 AM
@Freeman:
You don't find any people of any particular evil.

The registration building is easy enough to find, as you were told when you left, it is right inside the city walls at the entrance/exit of town. Entering, you see three halflings working at desks.

One of them looks up. "Yes?"

Toliudar
2007-12-06, 10:21 AM
Reid

The priest steps up to the table.

Good afternoon to you! We have done some exploration of the great forest, and have returned for supplies. We thought that this might be an ideal opportunity to "square up" with the expeditionary office.

Lochar
2007-12-06, 10:32 AM
The halfling smiles. "Really? What'd you manage to find out there?" He pulls out a new sheet of parchment to begin writing. "Oh, I'm Viris, by the way."

Toliudar
2007-12-06, 10:38 AM
Reid

The priest smiles warmly to the clerk.

A pleasure, Virin.

He goes on to introduce the group members.

Found is an important term here, isn't it? We should only be listing things that we located, that originated here, not other belongings, yes?

Lochar
2007-12-06, 10:42 AM
Virin looks at Reid at that. "Well, yes. We're not going to ask that you tithe out of things you've brought."

GimliFett
2007-12-06, 10:44 AM
Grazys Senneker

Content at the moment to allow Reid and possibly Anura to handle the details of registering the recovered items, Grazys leans against the wall near the door and lets his mind wander over the events since his arrival in Eras.

He'd discovered rudimentary details for a binding of The One.

He'd found trustworthy companions whom he actually called friends.

The group had managed to reinvigorate an ancient forest, freeing it's inhabitants from The One's Curse.

They had discovered an elven city, vacated by it's people to another place, but with the possibility of return if only Grazys and his friends could discover the manner in which to do so.

guardinal
2007-12-06, 11:26 AM
Anu
Anura smiles a friendly smile at the halfling. However, she looks somewhat uncomfortable at doing this in the main room.

"Hello, Virin Viris. I am Anura. We have quite a few things to account for, actually. More than will easily fit on your desk. Do you just want a list now, or will we be turning everything over to you for examination?"

Greyen
2007-12-06, 12:36 PM
Dothen

Sir, I have a question. Two in fact. Number one - If we have "recovered" sometin' that right fully belongs to someone in town does that count against us for tithe? The other is this, its kinda hairy. If we we given something by a sentient out there, not a disease mind you, does that count as recovered? Dothen asks one the halflings not dealing with Anura and Reid.

Lochar
2007-12-06, 01:58 PM
Viris looks at Anura. "We're required to see everything you've got. Inspection purposes, you know? We need to make sure nothing's being accidentally mislabeled. We've got a back room if you want to go through it all there."

One of the other halflings is conversing with Dothen. "Something someone around Eras owns? If he's willing to claim it, he can. It was brought to the continent, so we can't lay claim to that. As for something given by a sentient, I'd have to have more details that that. Do you care to step into the back room and given detail?"

Greyen
2007-12-06, 02:35 PM
Dothen

Dothen looks at Grazys You hear that, we may not have to pay for the innkeep's axe. He then turns to Anura Do you want to share details about that Anura? Or let it pass?

He turns back to the halfling Do you have a runner? Someone that can fetch Dar the bartender. I don't want ya to think we're trying to pull a fast one. Iff'n he can describe the axe we got, will ya accept that its his?

GimliFett
2007-12-06, 02:41 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder does not rouse from his reverie until after Dothen has spoken once more with the halfling. "Wha--?" he asks as one who is just awakened. After a moment of reviewing his subconscious, he smiles at the tiefling. "Good on ya', mate! Nice idear."

Lochar
2007-12-06, 02:48 PM
The halfling nods. "That would be acceptable, yes." The halfling taps a device on his desk, before speaking into it. "Dar, bartender, tavern. Dar, if you receive this, would you come by the returning expedition office? Someone is apparently returning something of yours."

The words he speaks seem to vibrate in the air, before a quiet wind picks up from the device and rushes out an open window.

@Anura and anyone else who makes Spellcraft 17 check:
The device created a whispering winds spell, taking the halfling's words to somewhere else.

The halfling looks at Dothen. "If he's currently at the tavern, he should be here in a bit. Is there anything else you'd like to declare?"

Greyen
2007-12-06, 02:50 PM
Dothen

We lost one of ours out there but have his stuff.

And I need a bath, a beer, and a bed. But I don't think you three are the right folks to talk to about that.

Lochar
2007-12-06, 02:55 PM
The halfing smiles faintly. "Not likely, no. And if you will tell us which belonged to him, we can exclude those as well."

Greyen
2007-12-06, 03:13 PM
Dothen

Well I'll let the lady do the accounting she's smarter then me fer that stuff. Dothen motions to Anura and waits for her to take the lead. He seems pleased with reducing their required tithe.

guardinal
2007-12-06, 03:26 PM
Anu
Anura does her best to hide her surprise at how generously the halfling is interpreting their contract.

"Yes, I think we'd best do this in a back room."

Once the halfling leads them to the promised secure 'back room' Anura will begin laying out the various Auromar-recovered treasures that she is carrying, and encourages the others to do the same.

"This set was recovered from a vault in an elven city that we discovered," she says, indicating the Safekeep book, holy symbol of Ehlonna, portal key, feather tokens, elixirs, harp, etc, "Or elsewhere in the city."

"This set was recovered during a battle with some cursed dryads," she says, indicating the axe, hand of glory, daggers, etc. "As my companion noted, we have reason to believe most of this belonged to fellow explorers, including goodman Dar."

"This set was recovered from a battlefield where we slew a monstrous treant," she says, indicating Reid's armor, the tome of Boccob, etc. "Again, all this seems to have been from fellow explorers who had fallen."

"Finally, we were given this ring from a forest spirit that we liberated from the curse, as a gift."

Anura will provide what information she can about the items that she has already identified, and indicate which ones (i.e., the metal vials) she has not, if asked.

"We also have some important, and perhaps valuable, information to relay about the current state of the forest to the west. But I suggest we deal with our tithe first."

Greyen
2007-12-06, 03:36 PM
Dothen

Dothen follows suit with Anura putting the things he carries into certain piles and the bag of coins too. The bag he parts with almost unwillingly.

Lochar
2007-12-06, 04:09 PM
The halfling will lead you into a room behind the desks. Those who are detecting magic can see several spells on the door and the room, mainly dealing with protection against scrying, magical locks, and other such wards. The room has ten tables, each at least five by five foot in size. Three of them have deep insets in them.

"Coinage found in one of those three" Viris points to the inset table, "anything else line them up on the tables. We'll tally in here."

He'll begin looking through the items, making notes on his parchment. "Hmm, lyre. Of building you say?" He mumbles, looking over the lyre. "Interesting, very interesting. Could be of use around here." He continues to look through all the items, noting the vials, before turning to Anura and the others who followed.

"The axe isn't counted, as there is someone to claim it and validate that it hasn't come from the continent. Unfortunately, as there isn't anyone to validate that the other items hadn't been lying there since before the curse, I'm afraid I'll have to include those in the tithe count."

He does cross a few items off of the list as he says this though. "Although, the items you said belonged to this 'Siriphae' will not count, if he duly registered when he came onto the continent."

He jots some numbers down next to the items, sighing as he does so, scratching through one once. Frowning after a moment, he redoes his calculations, nodding to himself.

"Roughly eighty five thousand gold pieces worth of items, without even knowing what is in those vials? And you've only been here how long?" The halfling laughs to himself. "Trust one set of people to get a real haul. And nearly right next to the city as well." He holds out the ring that Anura said was a gift from a forest spirit. He puts it on, but doesn't act like anything was different. "What does this one do, anyways?" He pulls it back off and puts it onto the table is was sitting on.

guardinal
2007-12-06, 04:25 PM
Anura
So have we seen any indication that this halfling can do magic, or has a 'detect magic' ability, or anything like that?

Anura winces slightly as the halfling dons the ring so casually. At his question she hesitates only a fraction of a second, weighing how much to say.

"The forest spirit told us that its powers only function within the boundaries of the forest. I won't lie to you, it had a very strong magical aura when we found it, but I haven't checked to see if the aura fades outside of the forest. I can do so now if you like. We know that it grants the wearer and those with him or her a sense of connection to the forest, and allows for very rapid travel within the forest boundaries. It may have other powers as well." She pauses a moment. "So, considering that it was a gift, does it need to be accounted for in our tithe to the expedition authority?"

Lochar
2007-12-06, 04:54 PM
"Ah, interesting." Viris nods, pulling out a manacle and looking through it at the ring, before putting the manacle away. "Well, it's got an aura on it. Not much of one, but there is one." He thinks for a moment. "Let's see. From what you said, it's obviously a teleportation device, but it's a very limited one. If the boss were to make something like that, it'd cost..." He scribbles down on his notepad again. "A hundred and eighty two thousand gold. But it's limited to that forest, so..." he scribbles again. "two percent of the walkable world at best."

He looks at Anura. "I'll call it worth nine thousand gold, since it's so limited. Dunno what that 'connection to the forest' thing is, so no addition fees on that. We'll register it as that, but I will request that if you find anything else out about it, you tell us. Sound fair?"

Toliudar
2007-12-06, 05:30 PM
Reid

The priest's face darkens as the halfling works with the ring, but he contains himself until it is casually valued. Finally, he bursts out.

That ring was not some treasure chest! It was a gift from a - a friend, there in the forest. What right...

He stops himself, murmuring a prayer under his breath. His voice returns, soft and hoarse.

Forgive me, sir. You are only doing your job. Pray, continue.

Lochar
2007-12-06, 05:50 PM
Viris gives a crocodile smile to Reid. "Oh, is it worth more, you think?" He then chortles. "I am sorry if my pricing annoys you, but it must be valued. If I were to sit down and properly value it, it would take weeks and would involve any mages we could get to sit to test it. So instead, we are given leeway to value any items of uniqueness as we think it should be. It does set us up to have more power than we really should, but the other alternative, is as I said, to make you wait weeks, include the fees for proper appraisal, and something like this would most likely get a much higher value as mages would want it to figure out how it works and if it could be remade to include other locations."

Toliudar
2007-12-06, 05:56 PM
Reid

Reid smiles faintly.

Again, my apologies, Mr. Viris. My objection was not to your valuation in particular, but the placing of a price on a ring that has some sentimental value for me.

He takes a deep breath.

So...how much do we owe?

Lochar
2007-12-06, 06:07 PM
"All told, if you agree to the value of the ring?" Viris checks his notes once more. "Ninety four thousand gold total, twenty percent owed to us. So eighteen thousand, eight hundred. You can pay it off in cash, or items at market value. You don't need to sell the items for cash to pay them off."

guardinal
2007-12-06, 06:07 PM
He looks at Anura. "I'll call it worth nine thousand gold, since it's so limited. Dunno what that 'connection to the forest' thing is, so no addition fees on that. We'll register it as that, but I will request that if you find anything else out about it, you tell us. Sound fair?"

Anu
"More than fair, I think," she says, with a warning glance at Reid's outburst. "In that spirit, I can also tell you that the ring's powers seem tied to the great spirit of the forest, and to the great tree at the heart of the wood. I suspect that the ring would not function at all without her approval of the user, or if great harm came to her or to her forest."

Lochar
2007-12-06, 06:16 PM
Viris nods. "Interesting, interesting." He writes down the information. "So, do you wish to tithe items, cash, or both? I'll leave you all be for now if you wish me to, so you can all decide."

guardinal
2007-12-06, 06:24 PM
Anu
Anura nods, looking pleased that her previous estimates were on the mark, and begins sorting out the tithe items and coinage as per the party's discussions over the last few days.

"No need, I think...we have had plenty of time to discuss this over the last few days. However, we still have these metal vials that are not identified. My suspicion is that the one with the weak aura is an unguent of timelessness, and the stronger auras are either jars of universal solvent or sovereign glue. Have you some easy means to identify them here?"

Lochar
2007-12-06, 09:11 PM
Viris nods. "We have scrolls of identify written, if you wish to purchase them."

guardinal
2007-12-06, 09:33 PM
Anu
"How about just the pearl spell component for that spell? Or can you suggest any merchants or traders in town who might have such things for sale?"

Lochar
2007-12-06, 09:41 PM
"We keep a stock of pearls of quality for the purpose of identifying items that come under contest. We haven't had to use many of them, seeing as you all have brought in the largest haul so far. I can sell those to you at a fair price."

nekosama
2007-12-06, 10:12 PM
Freeman

"I wonder how many parties feel prey to the corrupted dryads. You might start getting more people bring stuff back now that the forest should be easier to cross if they respect the life there. I wonder if the forest spirit would have a preferred path through the forest. Maybe we should ask the next time we pass by her tree."

During the stay in the office check the halflings aura just to be sure and carefully listen to him to get a gut feeling of his honesty.

[roll0]

guardinal
2007-12-06, 10:17 PM
Anu
"Excellent."

Anura nods and begins counting out coins, and then pulls out two scrolls.

"How's this. 10 platinum pieces, 150 gold pieces and two scrolls- one of 'alarm', another of 'spontaneous search'- for three pearls. Sound fair?"

EDIT: "Also, do you know if any merchants in town might have a high-quality jeweler's monocle for sale? Or perhaps you might have an extra one lying around gathering dust?"

guardinal
2007-12-06, 10:26 PM
Freeman

"I wonder how many parties feel prey to the corrupted dryads. You might start getting more people bring stuff back now that the forest should be easier to cross if they respect the life there. I wonder if the forest spirit would have a preferred path through the forest. Maybe we should ask the next time we pass by her tree."

Anu
Anura nods. "That seems like a very wise idea."

Greyen
2007-12-06, 11:30 PM
Dothen

Dothen watches the negotiation with interest , regathering and sheathing his gear when it is all finished. He looks at one of the other halflings and asks Do you keep a safe depository here? Or do you know where I can pick up a good seamans chest?

Lochar
2007-12-07, 08:41 AM
Viris nods to Anura. "That sounds reasonable enough." After a few moments of rummaging around, he'll come up with three pearls of good quality for Anura.

@Freeman:
Clean aura, and they're being honest. Well, mostly. They are collections agency people, and they're never completely honest.

The other halfing speaks to Dothen. "Try the merchants near the center of town, or buy one off of a seaman coming in. Depository is for tithed goods only, sorry."

guardinal
2007-12-07, 01:08 PM
Anu
After paying for the pearls, Anura continues sorting through the equipment until there is a sizeable pile of tokens, coins, etc.

"So, saer Viris, I think that would cover our tithe. Eighteen thousand, eight hundred gold pieces in magical items and coin. However, perhaps we could use just a moment in private after all, before we formally make payment?"

Assuming Viris agrees and leaves the group alone, Anura crosses her arms and looks to Hist, whispering through the link to everyone,

"So, the ring counts towards our tithe, as I fully expected, though they did not price it nearly as highly as I would have, which was a surprise. Maybe they would not price the sword very high either, I don't know. But I agree with what Reid said a few days ago...the sooner we are rid of it, the better. And remember that it is stolen, so someone will be looking for it. Anyone you would give it to will be put in danger. I say we are better off giving it up to the authorities now and washing our hands of the matter. So, last chance, Hist...are you still sure you want to claim it?"

Lochar
2007-12-07, 01:17 PM
Viris nods. "Sure, sure. Knock on the door when you're ready for me to come back in."

The halfling leaves and shuts the door behind him.

nekosama
2007-12-08, 09:31 PM
Freeman

"That sword is troubling and seems to only cause strife. I am conflicted with no matter what we do with it. If kept in the group then we might have and encounter from a very angry person about a stolen sword. However, if we turn it over to the authorities then they might befall the same fate and probably can protect themselves less. Maybe we should just find a deep home and bury it or hand it to Krista to keep safe while we find a safe way to pass it on, maybe back to the true owners since we know it has a history of being stolen."

Toliudar
2007-12-09, 03:46 AM
Reid

The priest's face darkens. He sinks into thought before responding.

For a blade called Supernal Clarity, it's done nothing but muddy our focus. Freeman, while I admire - and perhaps share - your faith in Krista, I would want to do nothing to further complicate her life, including saddling her with possible treasure hunters. A deep hole sounds good, but even I have access to spells that might reasonably hope to find such a thing.

No, if Hist agrees, my first preference would still be to turn it over to the expeditionary authorities, with whatever warning we can provide, so that they're ready for future visitors.

guardinal
2007-12-09, 04:52 AM
Anu
Anura nods slightly at Reid's words but says nothing, still waiting for Hist's response.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-09, 06:18 AM
Hist

The warlock, whirlst he has a gleam in his eye upon hearing that the elf's gear would not be counted, turned a tad sour upon hearing that the ring did indded count as part of a tithe.

This... is not good. I don't like the idea of trusting this clown with the sword, but the alternitive, that of having to account for the ring is also far from superb.

He is silent for a long moment as Anura asks her question. Then...

Take it. And pray that these clowns will give a fairer valuation than the ring.

All my share is accounted for, no? If you need me, I'll be outside. I need a drink. With any luck, Dar will have left someone to keep bar.

At that, Hist exits the building, in search of a drink.

Greyen
2007-12-09, 06:29 AM
Dothen

Dothen sees his friend's reaction he raises an eyebrow in puzzlement. Dothen then says to the group I'm with him. He hurriedly gathers up his stuff and quickly re-equips his gear. Heading out he says to the group We'll be at the tavern.

He heads out quickly catching up to Hist he falls in step next to him. We gotta make two stops real quick like before we can relax. I want to get a seachest to keep out packs in while we are in town, no need to carry it all over the place. And a lock of course. Then on to the beer. I'll buy the first round.

Dothen tries to steer Hist, if he's willing, on the two quick errands. First stop is the local general store. Here Dothen buys the best quality chest and or lock he can find.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-09, 10:31 AM
Hist

The warlock looks a tad suprised at Dothen's apperance, but dosn't object to his friend's arrival. He seems a little... annoyed though; prehaps at what he has just done.

Fair enough. There's a pair of smiths in town, brothers I think. I went to them before. They may be your best port of call for the lock.

He shows Dothen the way to the smiths, but lets him do the talking.

Greyen
2007-12-09, 10:39 AM
Dothen

As the odd pair of friends walks toward the smiths Dothen asks him quietly You ok? Need ta vent or something?

Lochar
2007-12-09, 10:40 AM
Viris sticks his head back into the room when Hist leaves. "You guys ready to do your tithe?"

--With Dothen and Hist
((Do you guys want to play it out, or just buy the things Dothen?))

Greyen
2007-12-09, 10:44 AM
OOC - Just buy them - An Iron or iron bound wood heavy chest and the highest DC lock I can get. We can RP around town and in the tavern.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-09, 11:20 AM
Hist

A bit. I have yet to be convinced that it was right to hand the thing over, last wishes of Siphare or no.

Hist's somehat dark countanace brightened.

But talking should only come after drinking. Preferably large amounts thereof . If we're done, I propose we head straight to the tavern. After that, philosophy hopefully won't seem so important

Greyen
2007-12-09, 11:59 AM
Dothen

Dothen makes his purchases swiftly with little dickering over price. Putting his own pack, holding the bulk of his treasures and items inside. He offers Hist to put his inside too. Even carrying the trunk on one shoulder he veritably dances to the tavern. You are too right about that Hist. To the BAR!

As he comes through the door to the tavern he calls to whoever is working the bar. Barkeep, 2 of your best for my friend and I! In the big tankards and some hot food please. Heading toward an empty table he plunks down the chest and uses it like a chair as he waits for a beer. Let the flow freely tonight my friend. He says to Hist as he slaps a few gold on the table for their drinks.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-09, 12:26 PM
Hist

Indeed. What do we have?

Hist turns to the man behind the bar, whirlst seated.

I can't recall what there was here, but I for one could do with somthing strong. Oh, for a bottle of Flames.

guardinal
2007-12-09, 02:02 PM
Viris sticks his head back into the room when Hist leaves. "You guys ready to do your tithe?"

Anu
A little taken aback at Hist and Dothen's abrupt departure, Anura blinks and regains her composure.

"Actually, Viris, we've decided to offer something else. Something our fallen companion Siriphae was carrying." She carefully picks up the sheathed rapier and holds it out to the halfling.

"Have you heard of the Nine Swords? This is one of them...Supernal Clarity. It should more than cover our tithe."

Lochar
2007-12-09, 02:15 PM
K: History: [roll0]

Viris shakes his head. "No, I haven't. Is there something unique about them that actually would give them titled names?"

guardinal
2007-12-09, 02:34 PM
K: History: [roll0]

Viris shakes his head. "No, I haven't. Is there something unique about them that actually would give them titled names?"

Anu
"Yes. Each has a long and storied history, though recent details...from the last few centuries, say...are harder to come by. It is a moderately powerful magical weapon, but most of its powers can be activated only with certain rituals. More importantly, the forces of the One were actively searching for them during the war."

Lochar
2007-12-09, 02:38 PM
K: local(Pyrosia): [roll0]

Viris nods, his eyes lighting up. "I'd heard that those armies had been searching for specific weapons. You mean to tell me this one is one of them? Do you mind waiting long enough for me to identify it?"

guardinal
2007-12-09, 02:53 PM
K: local(Pyrosia): [roll0]

Viris nods, his eyes lighting up. "I'd heard that those armies had been searching for specific weapons. You mean to tell me this one is one of them? Do you mind waiting long enough for me to identify it?"

Anu
Anura looks to the others. "I'm willing to wait, but I don't like the idea of splitting up into groups smaller than three. Maybe Freeman could wait, at least? Or all four of us could wait, on the assumption that Dar will be arriving soon."

Toliudar
2007-12-09, 04:04 PM
Reid

The priest bows his head.

I would like to be here when we break the news of Dar's brother's death. I will wait with you, Miss Anura.

Lochar
2007-12-09, 11:25 PM
Viris nods. "I'll get to work identifying the blade then." He leaves the room again, reappearing with a scroll. He looks it over for a moment, nodding. "If you'll allow me the blade?"

If given, Viris sits down at a table, clearing a space. He starts mumbling over the blade, referring to the scroll.

After a few more minutes, there is a knock on the door, before one of the other halflings lets a limping human in. It is Dar.

He looks at those of you still left in the room. "Heh, so did the forest kick y'alls butts too? Come running back? No shame, I promise ya. It took a chunk of me, I'm just glad it didn't do the same to you." He pauses for a moment. "Actually, y'all are missing a few. Did you lose them? I remember some weird guy, and then another with a staff. You lose them?"

Greyen
2007-12-10, 02:54 AM
Dothen

Dothen sits BS'ing with Hist and a light seems to appear over his head. He calls the barkeep over and asks them Is there a bard or musician in town?

nekosama
2007-12-10, 05:22 AM
Freeman

"The woods did not defeat us friend barkeep. We where able to cleanse the forest of a major evil that was keeping the protector of the forest from helping bring it back to life. One of our party, the elf Sirphane, died in the fighting but he was granted a 2nd chance at life by forest spirit. You are actually one of the reasons why we came back sooner then later."

At this point Freeman goes quite and gestures towards the holder of the axe. He tries to look somber but is unable to fully express the emotion yet.

GimliFett
2007-12-10, 09:57 AM
Grazys Senneker

The binder smiles broadly at the barkeep. "Dar. Good ta see ya, mate!" he begins, though his smile falters. "I dunno how ta say this any better than that yer brother rests comfortably in peace, now," Grazys pauses a moment, then lifts the axe up and holds it out toward Dar, as a knight holds his blade out to his liege. "However, we did recover this. I wanted ta return this ta ya as soon as we were able. So here we are."

The characteristic smile returns once more. "Also, other's'll not find the forest so inhospitable a place to travel through any longer."

Toliudar
2007-12-10, 10:01 AM
Reid

Nodding, Reid can think of little else to add to Freeman and Grazys' account, but simply murmurs: I'm very sorry for your loss, Dar.

Lochar
2007-12-10, 10:12 AM
Dar gently takes the ax, holding it and looking to it. He runs his finger over the side of the blade, smiling for a moment. He looks at you all. "I am sorry for your loss as well, but I do thank you for returning this to me. I hadn't thought anyone would, if my brother had died. Most would have just claimed it."

His eyes are a little misty by this point. "I thank you all. This will hang in the bar, as a reminder to everyone that there are still decent people, not just vultures looking for treasure."

He holds the axe out for a moment, looking it over again, before looking at you all. "Free drinks and meals for you all, whenever."

Nodding to each of you, Dar will take his leave.

GimliFett
2007-12-10, 10:21 AM
Grazys Senneker

Nodding at Dar's words and departure, Grazys turns his head away from the group as he tries to freeze the tears threatening to work their way out. "Good man, that one, hm?" he says as he looks over the items on the table a moment longer. Having regained control, the binder lifts his face to look at his companions and smiles broadly once more. "So, anyway. Once the agent returns and determines our tithing fate, off to Dar's to celebrate?" he asks. Then realizing his words rhymed, he starts to laugh heartily.

Toliudar
2007-12-10, 11:40 AM
Reid

The priest is deeply moved by Dar's gratitude.

Ah, Grazys. I had worried that this rough-and-tumble new city would have no culture, no identity of its own. Clearly, we have stumbled upon the first great poet of Auromar!

GimliFett
2007-12-10, 11:48 AM
Grazys Senneker

Still chuckling, Grazys nods to Reid. "I think stumble is the operative word, here. Let's finish up and go get a beer!" The binder's eyes sparkle with mischief and mirth.

guardinal
2007-12-10, 12:09 PM
Anu
Anura smiles politely at Dar's appearance and bows deeply in thanks at his offer, but says nothing. When Dar leaves she returns her attention to the halfling's spellcasting.

nekosama
2007-12-11, 02:22 PM
Freeman

"Going and checking on the others would be a good idea. I will not be partaking in drinking though. I am hoping that tomorrow we can all together check out the church that you visited before. "

GimliFett
2007-12-11, 03:05 PM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys clears his throat to draw the warforged's attention, then shakes his head. "'Fraid not, Freeman. Ya gotta have a drink with us when we're all together. I don't think it'll affect ya much, but ya gotta have at least one, hm?" The binder's grin is wide and bright.

guardinal
2007-12-11, 04:47 PM
Freeman

"Going and checking on the others would be a good idea. I will not be partaking in drinking though. I am hoping that tomorrow we can all together check out the church that you visited before. "

Anu
"Remember that we came back here to have some downtime before continuing our adventures. I agree that we should investigate the temple as a group, but do you feel there is a pressing need to investigate it immediately? I would like to spend a week or so working on new spells and such before we go looking for trouble again."

Lochar
2007-12-11, 05:07 PM
@Dothen and Hist:

The bartender looks at you both and takes your coin. He pours you both a drink from a tap and gives it to you, then leaves. A couple of minutes go by and he returns with two plates of hot food.

@the others:

After ten minutes of mumbling over the rapier, the halfling looks up as the ink vanishes from the parchment. "Well, it refused identification, as one would expect of true legendary items. How about we say it covers your tithe this time? No promises on if you bring anything else back, but if this does turn out to be something of major value, it will be credited against anything else you bring back."

GimliFett
2007-12-11, 05:13 PM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys looks from the halfling to the rapier to Anura to Reid and back to the rapier. He shrugs, grins at the loremaster and nods for her to make the decision. "Better offer'n I thought we'd hear," he offers softly.

guardinal
2007-12-11, 05:43 PM
Anu
"I agree," Anura says to Grazys, and begins gathering up the rest of the items.

"Your offer seems quite fair. Please do let us know what you learn. We'll be seeing each other again, I'm sure. While we're packing up I had a few questions, if you have a moment. First, does the expedition authority buy or sell magical items outright? For example, if we wanted to sell some of our treasures now that we won't be tithing them could we do that here? Or is there anyone in town who does deal in such trade?

Second, do you know if there has been any problems or disturbances at the One's former temple here in town? Particularly in the last two weeks or so?"

diplomacy check [roll0]

Lochar
2007-12-11, 10:17 PM
Viris shakes his head. "Not much real cash flows around here, at least not in amounts to buy the more expensive magical items. You'd have to barter and trade if you find something you all want."

He then thinks. "Issues with the old temple? Nope. That was one of the first things raided and firebombed. No one could get those protective wards down, but there weren't any dangers we could see."

guardinal
2007-12-11, 10:21 PM
Anu
"I understand. Well, you know what we have. If the situation changes and the expedition authority decides they would like to purchase any of these items we were going to tithe, please let me know. Otherwise we'll be looking for other buyers. And thank you again for your time."

Anura is ready to follow the others to the inn, if their business is concluded.

Lochar
2007-12-11, 10:24 PM
Viris nods. "We can buy the lower valued ones, just nothing real expensive, miss. Either way."

guardinal
2007-12-11, 10:56 PM
Anu
Anura nods, looking pleased, and looks to the others. "Well, shall we take care of this now? Only the ring and perhaps the cloak are really pricey; for those we can try to find our own buyer or hold on to for now."

I don't want to hold things up any. Suffice to say that Anura is willing to sell any/all of the items on our 'to be sold' list (see OOC thread) for market value before we head back, unless Reid, Grazys or Freeman object.

guardinal
2007-12-11, 11:21 PM
Anu
As Viris starts to give his price on the items for sale, Anura frowns, apparently not too pleased with the prices offered.

"Hmm. Viris, I apologize, but I think we had better consult with our fellows before selling things for these prices."

To soothe any annoyance on Viris' part over the abrupt shift, she pulls out a platinum piece and offers it to Viris.

"I hope you and your fellows will treat yourselves to a fine meal on us this evening, Viris. It has been a very successful trip, for us and for the expedition authority. A good reason to celebrate."

Toliudar
2007-12-12, 11:28 AM
Reid

A celebratory meal sounds like a good idea all around. I'd recommend that we head over to the tavern to take Dar up on his kind, kind offer. The Temple can wait until tomorrow.

GimliFett
2007-12-12, 11:38 AM
Grazys Senneker

"At least tomorrow," Grazys mutters under his breath as he leads his companions out of the room.

Lochar
2007-12-12, 11:47 AM
Viris nods and leads them out after they have collected their items. "Have a good day, all."

Toliudar
2007-12-12, 12:20 PM
Reid

As they walk the streets of Eras, Reid sees the wisdom in waiting until a more private place can be found before discussing the disbursement of wealth. Still a frontier place indeed.

He pondered his mission, and wondered. On the one hand, there had been no trapped souls, at least no human ones. He wasn't clear on the position of church doctrine on the soul-ishness of tree-spirits. He had been praying for her soul for a week now. Surely, he'd know if it didn't exist...

That was well handled in there, Anura. We couldn't have asked for more capable and compassionate work.

guardinal
2007-12-12, 12:38 PM
Anu
"Well, thank you. This kind of thing is what I spent much of the war doing, while more heroic types were fighting evil and saving princesses and whatnot. It is good to know my skills haven't gotten rusty."

guardinal
2007-12-12, 01:43 PM
Anu
I don't remember, is the 'tavern' Dar's inn or is that a seperate place?

When the group reaches the tavern, Anura moves up to join Hist and Dothen.

"Hello, fellows. Enjoying your drink?"

Anura herself will order a glass of fine wine and some baked fish for lunch, if it is available, and move to claim a table for the group rather than lining up at the bar so they will have more privacy.

With the 'message' link having been broken, she just keeps her voice low when the group is gathered.

"Well, that went very well, I think. They offered to buy what we have for sale too, but the prices offered were poor and I didn't get the sense that they were negotiable. I have heard that there is a somewhat shady fellow in town named Dreck who deals in magic, perhaps we can get a better deal from him."

"So, apart from selling off what we need to sell, what do we need to do here in town? I would like to request that we take at least a week off so that I can work on some new spells and such before we go looking for trouble again. After that I would be game to explore the temple again or head out of town or whatever. I am hoping to finally master a 'teleport' spell, among others, which will speed our travels tremendously if the effects of the curse don't warp the spell too much. What do the rest of you think?"

GimliFett
2007-12-12, 01:50 PM
Grazys Senneker

Having taken a seat next to Anura, Grazys raises his mug of ale and clears his throat. "First of all, ta good friends and successes! OY!" he toasts, then tips his head back and throws the ale down like a seasoned sailor. He motions a waitress over and asks for another ale. "Now, then. I'm all for a week or so of time ta relax and work on things. I know I'm fairly close ta unlocking a few new vestiges, myself. I think they'll be helpful if we encounter the thing in tha temple again."

Greyen
2007-12-12, 01:56 PM
Dothen

Dothen says from his perch on a large new chest. He looks at them smiling ly before dropping to a quiet tone saying Well, thats excellent. I got us a more secure storage box for our stuff while we are in town. I am more than willing to hang out for a bit, I would like some time in a real bed before we go jaunting off again.

Lochar
2007-12-12, 02:02 PM
OOC:
Dar's tavern is the inn as well.

Greyen
2007-12-12, 04:57 PM
Dothen

Dothen looks at his felows and says to them quietly as they eat and drink., Why dont we move this up stairs? I'll get us a room or three. He stands up and shoulders the heavy chest.

Being careful not to walk into anything or crash into anyone he take a slightly circuitous route around the edge of the room past the front door to the bar. Once there he asks the barman/innkeep (Hopefully Dar) for three rooms that interconnect if they have a set. If not, two with a joining door? and a third?
Once he has a key he returns to the groop and says We got these rooms.... indicating which ones quietly and as discreet as possible. He then heads upstairs to the rooms, about halfway up the stairs he stumbles a little as the chest shifts then catches it and then moves on upstairs.

Lochar
2007-12-12, 05:28 PM
When you get to the bar, Dar dickers with you over the price, but eventually agreeing to a a few gold per room. The best you can get is a two room set with an adjoining door and then another room across the hall.

guardinal
2007-12-12, 06:48 PM
Anu
Anura smiles a bit at Dothen's "troubles" with the heavy chest he has bought, perhaps suspecting that a ruse is afoot, but says nothing.

She finishes her meal at a leisurely pace and then follows the others upstairs. She takes a seat on the bed in whatever room Dothen has moved the meeting to, and waits to see what else will be said.

Toliudar
2007-12-12, 07:00 PM
Reid

Reid forebore offering a hand to Dothen, sensing that he wanted to take care of the chest on his own. The veteran had his own rituals and quirks, like any soldier.

Back in the room that they gathered in together, Reid went over the rather list that Anura had presented them with.

Certainly, a few days here would not go ill. It would give me a chance to communicate further with the temple back home, perhaps pass on messages you may have to your families? I could also see to the erecting of at least a simple shrine to Pelor - for the use of those faithful who may come after. Maybe, Dothen, I could hire your skills in woodworking?

Before we leave, though, I'd like another chance to look at that temple, this time with all six of us. I understand that you'll want some days in study, Anura - perhaps in the morning, six days from now?

guardinal
2007-12-12, 07:20 PM
Anu
Anura shrugs. "It will take me two days to learn and then scribe any new spell, apart from those I've been piecing together on my own as we travel. So while I can be ready six days from tomorrow morning to help investigate the temple, it would be good to have another few days' delay after that before we set out from Eras again. The more spells I've had an opportunity to learn, the more useful I can be."

Greyen
2007-12-12, 11:24 PM
Dothen

Dothen bursts out with a *Guffaw* at the mention of his woodworking "skills". I'll be happy ta help ya Reid, but don't go thinking that I'm a skilled carpenter or something cause I e'nt.

Some thing I did notice though is that there is "thieve's sign" downstairs. Someone tried to deface it and I still need to go look at the third piece but so far I think its something like directions to a place. I'd like to check it out later.

He then stands up amd pops the lock on the chest and opens it up. He says with a comical flourish Here ya go folks, easy storage of you mundane and excess arcane goods. Miss Anura if you would be so kinf as to magic it like the locks back in the safekeep I think that we can use this here and leave it with the treewitches when we go out again. He then waits for the others input before goin too much further.

guardinal
2007-12-13, 02:56 AM
Dothen
"Some thing I did notice though is that there is "thieve's sign" downstairs. Someone tried to deface it and I still need to go look at the third piece but so far I think its something like directions to a place. I'd like to check it out later.

He then stands up amd pops the lock on the chest and opens it up. He says with a comical flourish Here ya go folks, easy storage of you mundane and excess arcane goods. Miss Anura if you would be so kinf as to magic it like the locks back in the safekeep I think that we can use this here and leave it with the treewitches when we go out again. He then waits for the others input before goin too much further.

Anu
Anura blinks in surprise, then chuckles. "You know, I assumed that you bought the chest as a ruse against would-be thieves! Everyone down there knows we're fresh back from an expedition, and will naturally assume that the chest is where our treasures might be found, won't they? Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I think I'll be keeping my own on my person.

And unfortunately I don't know any of the spells we'd need to magic the locks closed, let alone anything as powerful as the wards we encountered in Safekeep. Those were not at all typical and I'm still not even sure how they were set up. The scroll we found does have a 'phantom trap' spell, but that's just an illusionary trap...it's not a real ward or lock." She shrugs. "Sorry. Maybe Reid can do something?" She glances at Reid curiously.

Greyen
2007-12-13, 07:05 AM
Dothen

Dothen looks surprised but is obviously not offended at Anura's words. He accepts her wisdom and says thoughtfully Well, I hadn't thought of it as a ruse but that would be a good idea also. Its just too easy to steal from a pocket or a pack, even if someone is carrying it. A chest will at least slow someone down for a few moments. And its not like this thing is light weight. It was an idea. I do like the idea of using it as a ruse though. Maybe we should fill it with something noxious?

But enough of that. Anyone care to accompany me on a little walk in a short while? I do not think we should split up too much while we are in town.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-13, 11:34 AM
Hist

The warlock has been silent since the party entered the room, simply eating and drinking whirlst they talked. The forkful of fish he raised to his mouth remains there, as he seems a tad distracted, his mind not entirely on the party's discussion. Then, after he finishes his mouthfull, he speaks, a tad overcalm

"I can see the point in a week off. I'm afraid though, it might in fact be best if we went to the temple beforehand. I'm going to need somewhere to work, if we plan on using this time to train. I hope none of you mind, but I am not fond of the idea of revealing my nature to the folk here without nessecity. I doubt that creature will have returned in the interim. Besides, well..."

He leaves the sentence unfinished, his eyes closed, thinking of a certian magial effect he would give his eyeteeth to learn more of.

Hist does need somewhere to train. And as any training will probably involve using El Blast, he will need to be somewhere people won't see him. Revealing to the people of Eras that he's a Warlock might be bad for all of us.

Toliudar
2007-12-13, 12:04 PM
Reid

The priest is deep in thought.

I'm sorry, Dothen, but anything that I know how to do to help secure the chest involves diamond dust, and I'm afraid I'm fresh out.

And Hist, I'm sure we could find somewhere private for you - this is still a growing city, and there must be many unclaimed ruins about. I'd be happy to help you check around tomorrow. But I was rather hoping to be able to give the others a chance to rest and reflect before we tackled the temple.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-13, 12:16 PM
Hist

Hist shruges

All right, but if so, I'm afraid I'm going to need someone to keep watch. This place may be growing, but it's active to say the least. I doubt that there will be anywhere entirely out of the public eye.

Greyen
2007-12-13, 12:50 PM
Dothen

Ach, well ruse it is. Dothen says to Reid. Thanks fer the input though.

He turns to Hist I'll keep watch on ya, Hist. I intend ta practice during the night and rest mostly during the days. Last time I was here I didn't get much time ta check out the night life.

You want to check out where the thieves sign leads ta with me?

Moral Wiz
2007-12-13, 01:03 PM
Hist

"Well, that'll work. Thanks. "

"And it sounds like a plan. I must confess myself ignorant in theives etiquette, but I'll folow your instructions if we happen to end up talking to any. Lead on."

guardinal
2007-12-13, 11:18 PM
Anu
"Any idea what this thieves' mark is leading you to? Or just that it is a 'shady folk come check us out' kind of mark?"

EDIT:
Anura pulls out her spellbook and pops it open. "I think I'd like to come, if only to avoid missing another 'we're just going to pop over and check out the Dark One's Temple' situation," she says with a wink at Hist. "Would you two be willing to give me fifteen minutes or so to prepare some additional spells before we leave? This could lead to trouble; no sense going in unprepared."

Greyen
2007-12-13, 11:43 PM
Dothen

Generally this means there is a meeting house in such and such location. I need ot get the third part of the directions and then we are off. Anyone else want to come? Dothen pops the chest and hands Hist his pack before grabbing his own and then re- locking the chest leaving it sitting empty on the floor. He then waits for Anura to ready her spells, as she does so Dothen rearranges things in his pack and rechecks himself for his gear.

He waits for Hist and any other that wants to come before heading down stairs. At the bottom of the stairs he drops a coin accidentally, where it rolls to the post next a table. Dothen grumbles about his clumsiness and walks over to recollect his coin. After a moment he returns and the heads out of the inn toward the water.

Dothen is cautious and takes a circuitious route around and through the nearly empty town to the destination written in the sign. Hist keep an eye out for a place you may want to use to train while we walk. As Dothen walks he picks up a handful of rocks every now and again and puts it into one of the pockets of his pack. He winks at Anura and Hist Just need some filler material.

Coin drop is a Sleight of hand easy job- do you need a roll?
If so [rollv1d20+10[/rollv]
This gets me the third piece of sign.

Dothen will lead them around town for a while trying to scout an area for Hist to train and make sure that we are not being followed. Dothen will watch out for more sign around just in case.
Here are some spot checks if you need them.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] <-----What kind of crap is this?
[roll4] <-----Nothing over an 11 and 2 Nat 1's? :smallfurious:
[roll5]

Going to approach the destination after having circled it at least once looking for sign or watchers. The approach using the right kind of ettiquette for a first time approach and having 2 guests.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-14, 02:21 AM
Hist

Very well. Hist actually half smiles at Anura's remark, and waits for her freely, before decending into the city.

Following Dothen, making spot checks for somewhere abandoned.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

nekosama
2007-12-14, 07:06 AM
Freeman

"Sorry, was lost in though there. Like Anura I fear that if I stay that something interesting will happen. I have spent much time with people like this who where pressed into service as the war dragged on. I will be an observer and take no action tonight. I am looking for people that I can help with the treasure we have found and the place you describe seems a likely place to start."

Following Dothen carefully to be able to return later. Also checks out the surroundings when Dothens seems to be alert.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

And detect evil will be turn on now, and only turned off if something so evil as to stun him.

Greyen
2007-12-14, 08:04 AM
Dothen

Freeman if you are coming, say nothing please. If Freeman has a religious symbol showing he asks him to hide it before they approach the destnation.

Lochar
2007-12-14, 08:53 AM
Dothen easily enough gets close enough to the third sign, but does receive a strange look from Dar.

OOC:
So you're not following the directions specifically, just so I understand?

GimliFett
2007-12-14, 09:17 AM
Grazys Senneker

Once the others leave, the binder sighs and leans back on the bed, knitting his fingers together behind his head. "So. Reid. You play cards? Or dice? Or Trivia? I figure it's best not ta have a squad running through tha streets lookin' for a group o' people that only wanna be found by their kinda people, hm?"

guardinal
2007-12-14, 10:23 AM
Anu
Anura nods.
"Grazys, Reid, do you expect that you will you be staying here in the tavern? Do you want me to take the items we want to sell, in case we are able to find a buyer?

And Reid, could you please hold on to Krista's ring while we're doing this? I don't want to walk into this place bearing a blazing aura of strong magic."

Assuming Reid agrees she takes off the ring and hands it to him. Once her spell preparations are complete she also takes a moment to quietly command her clothes to appear a bit more worn and nondescript. Once the quartet heads outside she arranges her cloak to conceal her form and puts up the hood.

Following the others' lead here are some spot checks, if needed, while we are walking around:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Toliudar
2007-12-14, 12:27 PM
Reid

Yes, I'll stay here at the inn tonight. I should let my family know that I am well and...

He glances around.

In good company. I'm happy to have you take whatever you think you can sell tonight. If you wish to leave the chest here, I can guard it - I don't think I'll be heading downstairs for further entertainment, at least until all of you return.

He reverently takes the ring from Anura, and places it on his finger.

I would be honoured to bear it again, for the time being.

guardinal
2007-12-14, 01:08 PM
Anu
Anura gives the ring to Reid and puts the items in her haversack (which will be under her cloak). She also tucks her wand and the orb at her belt into her haversack before heading downstairs.

She will remain quiet as they are walking around, content to let Dothen get them to where they are going at his own pace.

guardinal
2007-12-14, 01:44 PM
Anu
(while walking around)

"Boy, and I thought I was paranoid," she says quietly, with a wink, as the nature of their circular wanderings becomes clear. [I]"Please give me a heads-up when you are ready to lead us in. There is a spell I want to cast before we are in view of any watchers on the outside."

Anura intends to cast 'voice of the dragon' (90min) on herself before we actually make our approach to the door/building/address/whatever.

Lochar
2007-12-14, 02:03 PM
Dothen leads the others out of the tavern and down a set of streets, pausing only for half a step as he passes one of them by. Turning down a street further down, he continues on for a moment, turning again.

This continues for nearly fifty minutes, as Dothen eventually gets all of you quite lost with his turns, and you're fairly certain you're going down streets you've been down twice or more already. You've also moved into the unused portion of town, probably a good thirty minutes worth of walking, straight, if you were to get back to the used section of town. Dothen continues walking around, checking his surroundings every few minutes, making sure of where he is going and making sure the local area is clear.

Finally, Dothen stops.

The area Dothen stops in is another run down section of the town, seemingly no different from the rest. The buildings here are run down, broken, in ill repair, and in most cases a combination of the three. The buildings are one and two story, spaced ten feet apart with alleys running between them.

The street does widen a bit here though, what was a fifteen foot walk path now twenty to twenty five feet from one side to the other.

All but Grazys:
Each of you will spot at least one tiny marking in a script none of you understand. It seems to be no more than three or four scratch marks, nearly intelligible from how the rest of the place is, but Dothen seems to take note of them.

Dothen:
You saw several more markings on the journey, that directed you back and forth several times, twisting and turning. Your idea of skipping the street and circling around causes you to lose the trail a couple of times, but you do eventually manage to find where you need to be. From where I stopped you, six houses down on the left, there is an alley beyond it. That should be where you need to go.

Greyen
2007-12-14, 02:05 PM
Dothen

Dothen says to the group as they wander seeminly in circles around town. First we scout the area. Then we approach cautiously. Ya'll are a bit much to be bringing on the first trip but we'll see what happens.

Greyen
2007-12-14, 02:18 PM
-Ninja'd-

Dothen

Dothen pauses and turns to the group, saying quietly after he hitches his scarf up around his mouth to hide his face.
We are probably in view of the watchers but should be safe enough. You all stay here for a moment, Anura cast your spell now, discreetly if you can. I am going to go into the alley between the sixth and seventh houses. If I do not return in 5 minutes, or you see an area of darkness appear at roof level, come in after me. It is bad form to bring guests on first meeting but I can get permission to bring you all in. For the mean time, take yourselves over to that wall and wait there I will signal you when to come to me. Dothen points to a wall on the opposite side of road of the alley entrance a few feet from where they are.

Dothen turns around and walks into the shadows across the street and proceeds down the alley fading into the shadows of the wall. He carries himself carefully. Fully aware he could be killed at any moment by a surprise of some sort.

He walks into the alley after pausing at the entrance to adjust his scarf and rub his left shin. Once out of view of the others he makes a strange gesture with his left hand near his chest. Palm up ward with the tummb pointing forward the other four fingers curled in increasing amounts the first being the most open and the pinky being almost fully curled. Dropping the sign, he proceeds down the alley after palming a dagger into his right hamd.

Lochar
2007-12-14, 02:36 PM
Dothen:
As you walk down the alley, you feel someone tap you on the shoulder. As you turn around, a female elf looks you over. "Old sign, you're obviously new." She jerks her head back towards the exit of the alley. "And not very smart, either. What are you doing, bringing wet ears through here?"

Greyen
2007-12-14, 03:01 PM
Dothen

Well, after what we been through this past wekk one can't be too careful. They was taggin along as I was finding out if this was an active Den, or an abandoned hole filled with nasties. My apologies fer the intrusion. Dothen ducks his head and continues on. Ya want me ta send them on? Or can they enter with me? One of them is a goody-goody but has sworn to keep the peace. Mostly they are here to keep my skin on my bones. The other is a friend who might find a Den a welcome escape. The last, she is looking fer a fence too.

Lochar
2007-12-14, 03:18 PM
Dothen:

This conversation is happening without the other's knowledge. Please spoiler them.

The elf shakes her head. "You bring others, come looking for help. What do you bring to this Den, but your own wants?" She makes a hand signal that you don't recognize, but there is no response that you can tell.

guardinal
2007-12-14, 03:33 PM
Dothen pauses and turns to the group, saying quietly after he hitches his scarf up around his mouth to hide his face.
We are probably in view of the watchers but should be safe enough. You all stay here for a moment, Anura cast your spell now, discreetly if you can."

Anura smiles and casts her spell without uttering a word, keeping her spellcasting hand hidden beneath her cloak and out of view. Hist and Freeman notice a reptilian glint in her eye which fades quickly.

While she waits, Anura keeps a discrete eye on her surroundings, trying to spot the watchers Dothen mentioned.

casting 'voice of the dragon' (90min duration), silenced via metamorphic spell.

Without anything else to do, Anura will be taking a move action each round to try to spot what she has previously missed.

spot checks (first minute after casting her spell):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

EDIT: [Flings cursed meta-dice at Hist MoralWiz]

Greyen
2007-12-14, 03:45 PM
Dothen

Well, I bring skills well trained and knowledge from the interior I'd share as well as money. The mage has many items and spells she may share, but I will not speak for her except for her behavior. I also would like ta enter the guild as a Fellow, as it were known in my old Den in Harnisham. I come peaceably showing old sign fer talking, is thst not enough to know I have walked this path before? Thems out there be mine, and I be theirs too. But walking with a Den is better fer everyone.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-14, 04:01 PM
Hist

The warlock leaned against the nearest avaliable wall, at ease with the situation. Following Anura's example, he, with a smile, tried to spot the guardians. The first one was easy of cource; but could he really be it?

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Spot checks. That'll do to start with.

Lochar
2007-12-14, 04:01 PM
Dothen:
The elf thinks for a moment, finally sighing. "Information on the interior is welcomed, and looked for. You may enter, but do not expect open arms. You bring those not of ours, and marks are not normally welcomed with open arms." She steps back from you, pulling out a handcrossbow, and fires it into the air.

Everyone sees a bolt fly into the air, striking the building near where the person with the bow is at. He shrugs, pulling an arrow of his own and fires it.

The arrow arcs over your heads and thumps behind you.

After a moment, you hear something hit the ground softly behind you. Turning, there is a male elf standing there, a very heavy looking crossbow in his hands, and he is pulling the bolt out of it. He is wearing all dark colors, and had apparently faded into the shadows of the building quite well. "Damn it all, I was actually looking forward to shooting one of you too." He motions with the empty crossbow. "You've been cleared through, at least for the moment."

Freeman:
This man does not detect evil.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-14, 04:08 PM
Hist

The warlock looks with apparent mild interest at the new arrival, but does not appear at all suprised.

Nicely done. Well, onward?

Assuming no objections, he enters this den, as the elf indecates, on the alert.

[roll0] Bluff check to appear utterly unsuprised and profesional.

[roll1] Spot

Greyen
2007-12-14, 04:09 PM
Dothen

Dothen bows deeply to her showing his neck, displaying his acknowledgement of his place. Thank you. He lowers his scarf and shows the scar on his cheek I am Dothen Twomouth by the way.He then steps out od the alleyway into the street.

Dotehn steps out of the street and does not look surprised to see the attending rogue speaking to the group. He waves them over. When the arrive he says the them clearly Ok, here is the deal. We are not very welcome but we may enter. This is a bigger group than I had thought or hoped of. We conduct or business and leave. Got it? No one offend anyone please. These aren't the nicest of folks and they may very well kill us instead of dealing with us. But if we walk out of here we may have some new information and possibly even allies. After that he leads them back to the female elf and into the Den.

Lochar
2007-12-14, 04:09 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

guardinal
2007-12-14, 04:10 PM
Anu
Anura nods at the elf, trying to hide her discomfort at being taken unawares.

bluff [roll0]

"Well, it's good to know that we'll be watched over by such obviously competent folk as yourself. I think," she says evenly.

She moves up to join Dothen.

Lochar
2007-12-14, 05:20 PM
The male elf nods to you all and clambers back up the building, taking his position again, melting into the shadows.

The female elf nods and turns, obviously not caring if her back is to you all. She leads you deeper into the alley, before stopping and pushing against a wall. It gives way slightly, before swinging open. She looks back. "You will be watched." She enters.

Entering the Den, you all find that it is a fairly large room, with one other obvious exit other than the one you came through. The room is sparsely lit, with no areas in full illumination. There are seven tables set up, four of them have men and women of different races sitting at them, chatting quietly, or playing card and dice games. The fifth one has a single gnome sitting at it, writing something. The other two tables are empty.

The elf looks at you. "Bosses room is through the door. Don't bother him." She looks at the everyone besides Dothen. "Especially you wet ears." She then nods to the gnome. "Dothen said you were looking for a fence, Dreck's the one you're looking for."

With that, she leaves, closing the door again behind her.

guardinal
2007-12-14, 05:45 PM
Anu
Anura pulls her hood back as they enter the building.

"Thank you," Anura says quietly to the woman. With an inquiring glance at the others, she moves quietly over towards Dreck's table. She makes no move to sit, but stands a polite distance away and patiently waits for some signal of acknowledgment from the gnome.

In the meantime she discretely studies the room and its inhabitants.

nekosama
2007-12-14, 06:15 PM
Freeman

Freeman follows behind Anura both trying to keep the spellcaster safe and to imply that she is powerful because she commands him.

Lochar
2007-12-14, 07:31 PM
The gnome continues on with what he is doing for a few minutes before finally sighing and looking up. "I don't do loans." He gives an appraising glance at Freeman. "But if you're looking to sell a weapon familiar or construct, I can give you a good deal."

He gives a small smile to Anura. "But what business do you have for me? Something you need changed, perhaps?" He puts an odd emphasise on changed, looking directly at Anura.

@Freeman:
Dreck doesn't ping as evil, but there are three minor auras in the room from people, and something very small of moderate evil from beyond the door to the Boss. It's too small to be a person, so an item perhaps?

guardinal
2007-12-14, 09:30 PM
Anu
Anura shakes her head and smiles. "Not quite, saer. A cook friend of mine named Kellen said you gave him a good deal on a set of throwing daggers a while back. He also hinted that you traded in all sorts of other things. We have a few interesting and valuable items, including a dagger, that we're looking to sell, and thought it best to come to you first. Some are from the interior, some belonged to a fallen companion." She gestures at the chair before her. "But I see that you are a busy man and I don't want to waste your time. May I sit? Or should we take our business elsewhere?"

Anura speaks quietly and professionally. Her voice is a delicate balance of self-confidence and appropriate deference to the man's authority.

bluff [roll0] to hide any reaction to the man's comment
diplomacy [roll1] trying to shift Dreck towards a more cooperative attitude.

Does Anura have any sense that this guy is concentrating on a spell effect or anything like that?

sense motive [roll2]
spellcraft [roll]1d20+24

Lochar
2007-12-14, 09:38 PM
Anura:
No, he's not maintaining any magical effects that you can think of.

SM: [roll0]

"You bring items from the interior of the continent? Interesting, interesting. Have a seat. Let's see what I can do for you." He gestures to the seat Anura did. "And someone actually told you to come to me? I not sure I should be flattered or disappointed my name has been bandied about."

guardinal
2007-12-14, 10:43 PM
Anu
Anura chuckles and gracefully takes a seat. "Nothing so clumsy as that," she says quietly. "He mentioned certain things and I filled in the blanks. But Eras is not such a big place yet; I think we would have crossed paths eventually. In any case, this encounter should lead to good things for both of us."

She raises a hand to indicate Freeman. "My companion has taken the name Freeman. Please call me Anura. As you have no doubt surmised already, we are adventurers under contract with the expedition authority. We arrived less than two weeks ago and have already uncovered several major caches of magic, which I humbly suggest speaks well of our competence. I should make it clear, I think, that we have every intention of honoring our contract obligations to the authorities, now and in the future. But it is also my hope that this will be only the first of many mutually beneficial transactions between our group and yourself."

Letting all this sink in a moment, Anura leans back in her chair slightly. "So. At the moment we have several elixirs and feather tokens, a wand, and a dagger for sale, all very ancient and recovered here on Auromar. We also have a potion, a scroll, a cloak, and a ring that were recovered from less fortunate explorers than ourselves. I believe these items are all of more recent construction. I have some small talent at magic and have identified everything already, but I presume you will want to conduct your own examination.

"For exchange or trade we would be open to accepting coin, gems, certain spell components, or certain mundane items. We would also consider trading for magical items that might have come into your hands that you might be persuaded to part with."

Greyen
2007-12-15, 01:15 AM
Dothen

Dothen moves into the room, and relaxes slightly. He looks around the room and follows behind Anura letting her superior skills take over for the bargaining. He looks around the room trying to see if there is a lieutentant or other sort of underboss around.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-15, 03:23 AM
Hist

Hist looked round the room, interested, whirlst Anura speaks with Dreck. Then he spots somthing that might be relevant.

Oh. That might be a problem.

He wanders over to Dothen.

Do dens like this have training facilities? There are no shortage of abandoned buildings around here, but proper equipment...

And is the fact that one of the guys watching Anura has a magical effect of some kind surrounding him worth breaking ettiquete to let her know?

Greyen
2007-12-15, 04:00 AM
Dothen

Dothen whispers to Hist Leave him, unless he does something other than watch, let him be for now. When you can, tell me who he is. I'm trying to find a lieutentant around here to start the initiation process. I think being affiliated with this Den may be important for us. Dothen glances around for a source of drinks, if there is one he gets 4 ales, if not he sits with Hist at another table nearby where Anura is dickering with Dreck.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-15, 05:43 AM
Hist

if he can, the warlock indecates (as subtally as he can) the watcher with the mystic aura. He follows Dothen to the table of his choice, then turns to one of the card game players; and starts to watch the game. At a suitable point, prehaps the end of a round, he coughs.

Can I come in?

[roll0] Diplomacy, if relevant, to be allowed to join the game. If it is competitive, Hist will wager in gold, but if friendly, he'll just join in to play.

Lochar
2007-12-15, 10:15 AM
Dreck nods. "Ah, so you mean you've already settled up with the authority? Makes it easier on me, since I don't have to get it out under their noses then. Who did you settle up with, may I ask?"

Dothen, you can't see any one particular person that might be in charge here. There is a bar, but no one's there. There's drinks available at it, and as you approach, you can feel several eyes on you. There's a deep plate, like an offering plate, sitting there. It's got a couple of copper in it.

Hist, you get a few funny looks from the players, but they move over to let you in. "Three Dragon Ante, ten gold to buy in." the dealer says.

Hist (and others):
The only reason that you had that particular aura pointed out to you, is because there was nothing there.

guardinal
2007-12-15, 10:41 AM
Anu
"He gave his name as Viris."

Lochar
2007-12-15, 10:49 AM
"Viris? Not a bad man, for an authority figure." He pauses for a moment, before a frown comes over his face. After a moment, it clears. "Anyways, let us see what you have, alright?"

Hist:
The aura disappears.

Greyen
2007-12-15, 10:49 AM
Dothen

Dothen drops a gold into the plate, fully expecting newcomers to pay a higher donation rate. He then grabs 2 ales and a glass of wine (if available) putting a drink in front of Anura, Hist and offering the last to Freeman. If Freeman takes it Dothen gets himself another drink and sits back at the table he stood up from. Now alone with his thoughts he draws old giuld sign on the table with his free hand in a few drops of spilled ale.

Hopefully you don't mind me making some of this stuff up to fill in history/geography.

He is basically writing his resume for anyone who is watching closely, but doodling in spilled beer while his companions do business to a casual observer.

Basically Dothen is going through his old guild affliliations, drawing the symbol on the table. Next to it, or incorporated into it would be the mark of his rank in that guild. Not the easiest thing to do in a beer puddle, but Dothen has a whole table to himself.

The format for this is ;
Guild Name (Guild Symbol) -City Name- "Rank" (Rank Symbol) Guild Description

Grey Fist Guild (A closed Fist, pointing down)- Darinshuultown "Apprentice or Finger" (First Finger blackened) A small guild, mostly unknown in a big town/small city.

Freetraders Den (3 coins over lapping)- Lapping Port - Journeyman (A knife behind the coins) large city with a large multicell Thieves Guild, very political in nature, competing with another guild in the city.

Brotherhood of Harnisham (2 rats upright sniffing, facing outward, tails entwined) -Harnisham - Fellow/Full Member (An Eye between the two rats) Powerful guild with many sub guilds in the region, based in the regions capitol.

guardinal
2007-12-15, 10:59 AM
"Viris? Not a bad man, for an authority figure." He pauses for a moment, before a frown comes over his face. After a moment, it clears. "Anyways, let us see what you have, alright?"

Anu
sense motive [roll0] trying to get some kind of hunch about the pause/frown.
"Very well."

Assuming he seems to mean right here and now...

Anura unbuckles her haversack and begins laying out items on the table in neat rows.

Lochar
2007-12-15, 11:12 AM
Bluff:[roll0]

Dreck watches quietly as Anura starts laying items out, not saying anything. Once she gets everything out, he begins looking it over, nodding.

"I was under the impression that there was a wooden ring too? Did you not want to sell that?" Dreck asks, smiling at Anura.

guardinal
2007-12-15, 12:23 PM
Anu
Anura shrugs and smiles. "This is all we are looking to sell right now. Perhaps in the future, we'll have other treasures on offer."

Moral Wiz
2007-12-15, 05:16 PM
Hist, you get a few funny looks from the players, but they move over to let you in. "Three Dragon Ante, ten gold to buy in." the dealer says.

Hist

Sounds good. Ten to get in, anyone managed to hook a god so far?

With a smile Hist takes up his cards, and begins to play. He has a fondness for the mortal cards, which he admits has a tendancy to cost him, but generally prefers metalic Dragons; as the game is a tad on the large side. Unfortunatly, so does everyone in a game of this size; and he didn't want to be the cut-throat. Instead, the Warlock plays with mixed hands, trying to utalise whatever he can get. Hist tries to end up just a tad ahead; not so much as to appear obviously loosing, but enough to be looked at kindly by the others.

Since TDA is a strategy card game, how do you want to determine Hist's performance? Int check? if so [roll0] DOH. Sorry, wrong modifier. Subtract 3, so 20?

regardless, another attempt [roll1] Diplomacy to improve their attatude,

Greyen
2007-12-15, 10:13 PM
Dothen

Dothen glances around and sees that everyone is alright, and actively engaged in not dying. Things are going as well as can be hoped. He reaches down under the table and sets his three knives onto its surface. As he stands and walks over to the line you notice he is looking at a well beat up dart board, well what used to be used for darts. He takes a moment at the line and throws his knives with some accuracy at the board. He pats his pockets for a moment before walking up to the board. He comes out with some random fodder in the process, of looking for something, a small glass vial (empty), a rock or three, a piece of paper, and eventually he pulls out a worn stub of chalk. He walks up to the wall and marks his score on the chalked up area next to the board.

Rolling to hit, the higher the closer to bulls eyes or choice of location.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lochar
2007-12-15, 10:31 PM
Dothen manages to get two good bullseyes, but flubs the second throw, only getting the outer ring.

Hist is dealt into the game, managing to not lose any money, but not managing to gain any either. He notices a fair few scowls at that, but just as many laughs.

Dreck looks the items over. "What are you all looking for? I can probably find buyers back in Tellar for most of this."

Lochar
2007-12-15, 11:39 PM
Dreck will spend a bit arguing over prices, but finally sighs. "Alright, I've got ring gates back to several places in Tellar and Pyros. I'll give you full value for the lot of them. Only this time though. You won't catch me so off my game next time, I promise you Miss Anura."

guardinal
2007-12-16, 12:38 AM
Anu
As the bargaining begins in earnest, Anura deftly settles into the familiar give-and-take of negotiations...

(and a short time later...)

...Anura leans back in her chair. Like her 'opponent' she is looking a bit tired from the intense bartering, but at his words, she smiles and brushes a few strands of hair out of her eyes.

"It has been a while since I faced so canny a merchant, saer. But I will welcome the opportunity to do business with you again." She scans the merchandise, as if tabulating its value in her head, though of course she had estimated the market value of everything the party is selling already.

"So," she muses in a low voice. "We seem to have nearly twenty thousand gold in magical items here. In exchange, I'm in the market to purchase a few mundane items that it sounds like you could get your hands on. First, a jeweler's monocle...but one of sufficient quality for magical Crafting...and a set of masterwork jeweler's tools. A mortar and pestle. A masterwork tailor's kit as well, and perhaps a half-dozen spools of high-quality thread, in various colors and thicknesses.

"Inks, quills, and scroll parchment, of sufficient quality for scroll Scribing. Perhaps five hundred gold pieces' worth of these materials.

"I could also use some uncut gemstones, or gemstone powder. Roughly a thousand gold pieces' worth of diamond, and lesser amounts of ruby and emerald. Let’s say, two hundred and fifty gold pieces' worth of each of these.

" I think we would request that the remainder be paid in platinum, gold, and minor gemstones, if that can be managed. High-increment Pyrosian trade bars would also be acceptable. Anything relatively portable." She glances up at Freeman. “Unless there is anything in particular you need, my friend? About half of this is going to you.”

Greyen
2007-12-16, 12:45 AM
Dothen

Dothen will throw his knifves a few more times, keeping an eye on his partners. Once Anura is finished he will give Hist a pat on the shoulder and a Lets go When everyone is ready he will lead them out.

Once back in the street he will lead them back on a circuitous rout back to the inn. On the way back he says to them,Well now we know about them and they for sure know about us.

As for the training facilities Hist, I am sure they have something but until they trust me I woun't find out anymore. It was a big no-no to bring this many people on the first day, but they will get over it.

I think we may want to take over one of these abandoned houses out here a ways. That one looks nice, there are others still in decent shape too. It would give us more room and a more private place to work and train. Once I can get affiliated with the guild we should be pretty safe from burglary unless its from an unguilded rogue, but I can mark the house to show guild affiliation.

What do you all think?

Lochar
2007-12-16, 11:47 AM
Dreck nods, sighing. "There goes most of my profit, but as agreed. Your requests for trade are actually easier to deal with than I'd feared, so if you'll give me a few days, I should have everything you require. Although, it might be Tellarian trade bars, instead of Pyrosian."

He thinks for a few moments, before nodding to himself. "Do you want to leave your merchandise here, or wait? If you want to wait, I'll require at least a thousand gold worth of the items to hold."

guardinal
2007-12-16, 12:06 PM
Anu
Barring any requests from Freeman...

Anura tucks the magical dagger, ring of force shield and the cloak of charisma back in her haversack, and leaves the rest of the items on the table. "I'm content to let you take all this now. The three permanent items we can provide upon delivery. We are staying in Dar's inn for the next week or so."

Moral Wiz
2007-12-16, 12:39 PM
Hist

Hist, seeing the negotiatons begining to come to an end, plays untill the end of the current gambit. Then, it being a conveniant point, he rises, looking a tad annoyed at having to go, but happy at having found such a good group.

This, I'm afraid, will have to be it for me. A shame, hard to find a source of good players around here. Another round some time?

With that, and a smile, Hist gets up and follows Dothen.

[roll0] Diplomacy if he has enough time to raise them to friendly. [roll1] Bluff to disguise his intentions, if nessecary. Hist has been trying to get some people friendly on the inside; he has not asked them any questions, or given any sign of wanting infomation out of them.

Lochar
2007-12-16, 02:32 PM
Dreck nods to Anura, before motioning at one of the tables. A burly man quits the dice game and comes and collects the items, before taking them to the other door, knocking, and then entering. He is in there a few minutes before returning, empty handed.

"I'd say it's been a pleasure doing business with you, but it really hasn't." Dreck smiles at this. "Delivery will be in no more than three days for your requested items."

Hist gets a few nods from the table and as many scowls, since he managed to leave without losing most of his pocket money, but he feels in general they're not all that worried about him. Not concerned for him, but no ill will either. The dealer looks at him. "Sure, but don't bring your luck next time." A couple of rough laughs come at that statement.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-16, 02:43 PM
Hist

Hist smilles at the dealer's comment, and joins in the laughs

I'll try; friends, but no promises.

The warlock walks out without looking back. He dosn't turn to the others as they leave the den, unless talked to.

When they have made some distance from the Den, and Dothen starts talking Hist turns to the others. He appears reflective.

I'd agree with claiming a house; some of them don't look too bad. We could make it quite a passible place.

Oh, and Dothen? Could you help me with my game of Ante? I think we might have a way to gain some degree of support at least.