PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on build plz

Rleonardh
2022-05-03, 11:53 AM
First I will say level I'm not 100% set on Radiant Servant of Pelor level 5 or taking 10.

Build I'm considering:
Cleric 6/ RSoP 5/ Contemplative 1/ RSoP 5/ Cleric 3

Feats:
H Extend Spell
1 Extra Turning
3 Persistent Spell
6 Power Attack
9 DMM Persistent Spell
12 Extra Turning
15 Extra Turning
18 Extra Turning

Domains:
Sun
Healing
Glory
Travel

Maybe 1 DMM spell per day use phb2 for spontaneous domain casting (healing). Use regular turns to feed DMM and greater turning for undead.
Thanks Ciopo

Considering Contemplative 6 for trickery and reducing RSoP to 5.

C6/RSoP5/Contemplative6/C3
So that's fly, teleport, and Timestop

ciopo
2022-05-03, 12:26 PM
Off the top of my mind

you don't need to take the feat spontaneous domain, Player handbook II has spontaneous domain casting that does pretty much the same thing, especially if you pick healing as your feat choice seems to indicate. It's an alternate class features that basically trades the ability to spontaneously convert to inflict/cure spell for the ability to spontaneously convert to the spells of one of your domain. Pick your healign domain, presto done without needing ot spend turning attempts to feed it.

technically as written, you already get the benefit of the 10th level RSoP at 6th class level, since you don't lose your 2nd level empower healing feature when you gain the 6th level feature, and thus you apply both empower and maximize *le shrug*

One alternative I would consider is Mastery of day and night from Player's guide to Eberron, with that you can stop at RSoP 5 and ?? with those other levels, tho this is one of those cases where losing "affected turning level" hurts, so I'm aware contemplative 9 is *not* desiderable because you lose turning power.

turning and greater turning are two separate pools as far as I'm concerned, I feel one extra turning is enough, you'll keep the greater turning for actual turning and DMM persist with your normal turning, I'd go for 2 more extra turning only if you intend to persist two things. , I'm assuming a neutral 12 or so charisma

Rleonardh
2022-05-03, 12:29 PM
Str 16
Dex 8
Con 14
Wis 18
Int 12
Cha 18

15/14/13/12/10/8 array
Roll 3d6 extra add points where you want.

So phb2 Cleric Spontaneous Domain Casting.
That helps

Not sure
Maximize Healing (Ex): When a radiant servant of Pelor who is at least 6th level casts a domain spell from the Healing domain that spell is affected as though by the Maximize Spell feat. The spell does not use up a higher-level slot.
This power "supersedes" the empower healing ability until the character reaches 10th level.

Also night sticks completely banned in campaign. Undead is a thing but not heavy though. Possible some lich and co but it's not going to be a undead campaign. It's a "if it's in a book" you may run across it.
So contemplative 6 for Trickery isn't unreasonable.

There no arcane player but a Duskblade player.

ciopo
2022-05-03, 12:50 PM
I'd be careful of how many class level you take of prestige classes that don't "advance" turning , your revised cleric 6 / rsop 5/ contemplative 6 / cleric 3 means that you will at most affect/destroy undead with 18HD, as opposed to your original contemplative 1 that allowed you to affect/destroy undead of up to 23HD, it's a balance.

That said, greater turning is strong and for the purpose of destroying undead it's basically equivalent of having twice the cleric levels, so if you care about destroying "as strongly as a base cleric", then cleric 6/rsop 5 is plenty enough

on maximize : I brainfarted, seems I need to pay more attention. My excuse is that I'm hungry :D
That brings me back to the feat Mastery of night and day then, to have both empower and maximize.

Are you going for the normal glory domain, or the exalted glory domain? the exalted glory has an exclusive light spell at 9th level to combo with rsop radiance ability.

another feat I would consider, given all the turning you have, is divine defiance, just in case. I don't know how prevalent enemy spellcasters are at your table.

Rleonardh
2022-05-03, 12:57 PM
The normal glory domain.
Have to ask about the master day night if we can use that book or not.

Divine defiance going to have to look that up. Fiendish codex I know is allowed though. So possiblity of 2 is yes.

ciopo
2022-05-03, 01:08 PM
divine defiance let's you use the normal counterspelling as an immediate action by spending one turning attempt, it's in fiendish codex II. You would still need to prepare the appropriate dispel magic / greater dispel magic to make use of it, but not needing to readying an action to counterspell is great, since you don't lose your turn preparing for an hostile action that may not happen.

How are you taking trickery with contemplative 6? it isn't a Pelor domain. I'd go for good or purification(spell compendium).

Neither is travel now that I look at it.

There is a feat in Powers of Faerun that allows you to exchange one of your domain for a domain not of your deity, it does not mesh well with taking radiant servant of pelor tho, because the feat is based around not being a stringet adherent of your faith. it's called Heretic of the faith

You may want to consider the class Seeker of the misty isle instead of contemplative, if your GM would allow you to take it without being an elf, and if you and him don't much care that it's another "deity specific" prc

Rleonardh
2022-05-03, 01:14 PM
Total missed has to be in god's wheel house. Boo 🤣
Elf no can't do so contemplative isn't as hot as I thought.
So back to
Cleric 6/RSoP 10/Cleric 4 as my base line.

Or....

Cleric 6/ RSoP 5/ Sacred Exorcist 9

Feats:
H Extend Spell
1 Extra Turning
3 Persistent Spell
6 Divine Defiance
9 DMM Persistent Spell
12 Extra Turning
15 Extra Turning
18 Extra Turning

Not having a arcane is... Not good and the rest of party is slightly not as good as they can be.

Ranger than horizon walker
Rouge not even going arcane trickster... Already know
Barbarian fighter mix.. not chain spike or shock trooper leaper
Bard

Dm wanted me to make a build that can have roleplay ability but can also carry the fight if needed or be a make others shine depending on what's needed.

So DMM Persistent Spell is there if I really need, got undead in control, can heal in battle (already know it's suboptimal). Only thing I would like in the feat section is scribe scroll, no good place to place it.